It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by justlittleoldme

how do I post a photo on here?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I am not from Louisiana, but I only just heard about this problem with the sinkhole yesterday. I am emailing mainstream media to ask if they can cover the story- it's ridiculous that it isn't being covered nationally and did I understand correctly that you guys had a meeting to try to declare the area a Federal disaster area and it was denied?
Ridiculous! The info about being denied a declaration of disaster should be newsworthy to the media. They need to report this. What are they trying to cover this up for?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Local news stations probably touch on the subject once a month, so does local radio.

Only local newspaper that has been following this day by day is The Advocate.

Here is an article on that failed vote from the other day.

theadvocate.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

You guys say there hasn't been much media attention to the story. Well, I will tell you the reason my attention was drawn to the story- it's because another conspiracy site I was at, some people were talking about the possible link between the sinkhole and the theory that a major sporting event would be the next big disaster. I guess what the speculation was is what IF the gas in the sinkhole ignited, it could trigger the New Madrid fault line and if the timing happened to be just right, it could happen on Super Bowl Sunday. There is a scene in Dark Knight Rises where the field of a football stadium collapses during the game, and since we have seen references to Sandy Hook in the same movie, I think people were wondering if this sinkhole deal might be next. It sounds silly, but one never knows what might happen. Strange days, these are.
How far is this sinkhole from New Orleans? Can the ignition of the gas around it be caused by human error or intention? And did I understand that there are many of these sinkholes in LA, not just the one in Assumption Parrish?
This is a link to the map of the new US that I spoke of, sorry, I do not know how to post a photo on here. Can someone tell me how? theintelhub.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

That map is actually based on a prophecy by Edgar Cayce, known as the sleeping prophet, that he made during one of his trances. There are two schools of thought on it. One is that the prophecy, and thus the map too, is nothing but a pipe dream from a dead psychic. The other, based on the absolutely astounding record for accuracy of Edgar Cayce, is that it will happen, but nobody knows exactly when.

There have been some studies of the fault line system, that includes the New Madrid fault zone, that indicate that if it does go off again it would be orders of magnitude worse than the 1811/1812 series of quakes and aftershocks. The 1811/1812 quakes were so powerful that even though they were centered near St Louis Mo they rang church bells as far away as Boston Ma. Even if the New Madrid only matched the earlier quakes it would cause millions of deaths over parts of eight states. If though, as prophesied by Cayce, it was much worse that navy map could be accurate or very close to it.

As to the sinkhole triggering the New Madrid; that alone probably would not be enough to do it. But if, as some speculate, the sinkhole, the B P disaster and a few other factors are closely linked and could cascade from one to the other if any of them ruptured, then what would finally happen is anybodies guess.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Some new info and a new video...

NOTE: CajunBoy has already identified the recent and really bad looking seismograph chart (shown at source #1 link) as being from mechanical disturbances in the area and not true quake activity.

SOURCE #1

Seismic Activity Rose, Then Dropped After Sinkhole "Burp", Flyovers Show New Access Road Being Built On Edge Of Subsidence Zone, And Oxy 3 Wellpad Has Major Cracks And Has Been Evacuated?!

SOURCE #2

Company officials don’t know of any seismic activity since Jan. 19, spokesman Sonny Cranch told the Associated Press.

The movement appears to have cracked a concrete drilling well pad directly above the failed cavern and on the eastern side of the sinkhole. Cracks 1 inch wide and 14 inches deep stretch from the pad’s north side to the southwest side, he said.

Bayou Corne Sinkholes Oxy 3 Wellpad Has Major Cracks And Has Been Evacuated!

ETA - second video...

edit on 25-1-2013 by happykat39 because: added second video

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Well the sinkhole is 50 or so miles away from the Superdome. The dome already has some bad mojo, it's built on top of a cemetery. You can also bump up the severity of such event considering it is during Mardi Gras, much more tourist will be in the city. I would be more worried about a quake shaking all the chemical and refinery plants on the River closer to NOLA than the sinkhole. Well that's if I was in the city. I'm nearer the sinkhole, that's is my main concern.

As for other sinkholes, completely false. This is the only sinkhole activity in Louisiana at this moment.

edit on 25-1-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Have you been evacuated from your home? Best wishes to you, it sounds like a hot mess.
They should have known better than building that dome on a cemetery- didn't they see "Poltergeist"?! LOL
Really, though, they shouldn't have done that.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

This is a link to the map of the new US that I spoke of, sorry, I do not know how to post a photo on here. Can someone tell me how?

You might have to have more posts before you can do it, but here is the process...

1 - Save the picture to your computer. If it is already on your computer skip this step.

2 - At the top of every page there is a set of links to different features of ATS. Click on the "TOOLS" button.

3 - You will then have more options. The one at the far right says "ATS UPLOADS". Click on it and you will be in the upload section of ATS.

4 - Read the instructions for uploading and follow them.

5 - If your picture is too large to upload use any photo editing program on your computer to re-size it before uploading.

6 - Once the picture is uploaded just click on it in the upload window and you will see a set of links to use for various purposes. The top one is the one to copy and paste into your reply to show the picture.

I know it looks a little complicated, but once you try it a few times you can get a photo uploaded and posted in under a minute; and maybe a little more if you have to re-size or crop it first.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I'm 25 miles south of the sinkhole. I feel if this thing continues, it will effect more than those in the evac radius.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

As Crew Works On Project For Sinkhole Vent System, Bubbling Is Seen Around New Pad Near The Hole?!

Here are some new postings from the web for today, 1/25/2013.

First, here is a link to the FACEBOOK PAGE for the sinkhole.

SOURCE #1

Advocate staff photo by ADAM LAU -- A bulldozer and excavator work together to fill flooded swampland near the Bayou Corne community in Assumption Parish on Wednesday. The contractors for Texas Brine Co. LLC of Houston work to elevate an existing road and build a new pad for use as a hub for construction work related to drilling natural gas vent wells and installing other infrastructure in response to an 8.5-acre sinkhole nearby.

The area is west of the sinkhole. After weeks of delays over landowner access issues and public criticism for the slow pace of vent well installation, the seven wells — mandated in an order that state Conservation Commissioner James Welsh issued — are part of a push by Texas Brine to deploy 12 new vent wells in the area, company and parish officials said.

While Texas Brine is planning to drill 16 vent wells, there is no guarantee, as in the oil business itself, that all new planned wells will wind up flaring off gas. In the past months, some vent wells have not hit gas while others have filled with sand or hit hydrogen sulfide and been abandoned. The Rig Road actually may be situated on prime territory for striking underground gas, however. A string of 11 new gas bubble sites obscured in the woods just west of the road was recently found, and bubbling sites could be seen in several locations just off the edge of the pad where contractors worked on Wednesday.

SOURCE #2

BAYOU CORNE — A dump truck poured yards of earth on top of a dirt pad being built up amid flooded swamplands in northern Assumption Parish.

A bulldozer smoothed out the pile, pushing it to the watery edge of the pad just west of an 8.5-acre sinkhole near the Bayou Corne community.

An excavator scooped up water from the flooded swamp and spread it over the newly leveled dirt. The bulldozer then gave the wet-down pad a final smoothing pass.

A few hundred yards away from this noisy, diesel-fueled ballet, the fresh earth ended abruptly and a flooded road stretched into an inundated swamp, the long path ahead for Texas Brine Co. LLC’s contractors and Bayou Corne.

“We just had this issue of not being able to access a lot of these sites, and now that we’re trying to complete that (access process), it has opened a floodgate of activity,” Sonny Cranch, spokesman for Texas Brine, said Thursday.

Parish officials said the Rig Road and an accompanying dirt pad also were being raised to handle installation of a new 1,000-foot-deep seismic well and a separate well to test water in an underground aquifer.

The incremental progress has offered little respite for some, with a few Bayou Corne residents telling jurors Wednesday they were ready to move on and wanted buyouts.

“I don’t care if they ever fix the damned sinkhole. It could go all the way to China as far as I care. I want to get on with my life,” said evacuee Kenny Simoneaux, 56, a truck driver who is living with his wife in a camper in Pierre Part.

edit on 25-1-2013 by happykat39 because: added info

edit on 25-1-2013 by happykat39 because: added a link

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by justlittleoldme

how do I post a photo on here?
LOL! Don't feel bad, I didn't know how to either. Kat taught me also. Kat is our techno guru here in the sinkhole site. Welcome aboard glad to see new people here discussing this mess.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

That map is actually based on a prophecy by Edgar Cayce, known as the sleeping prophet, that he made during one of his trances. There are two schools of thought on it. One is that the prophecy, and thus the map too, is nothing but a pipe dream from a dead psychic. The other, based on the absolutely astounding record for accuracy of Edgar Cayce, is that it will happen, but nobody knows exactly when.

I just don't know. I have seen this map numerous times and it shows me having oceanfront property when all is said & done. The whole eastern seaboard is missing, I assume erosion. The New Madrid going off is a very serious thing. It would basically divide the country. Depending on the state of the rivers, didn't the Mississippi flow backwards after the quake?

Looking into the tectonics of the area I found an interesting article that I will be researching more.

"This entire zone through the United States is suffering some type of tectonic activity that I believe is tied to the deeply buried tectonics in the Gulf of Mexico."
Info Louisiana Quake, New Madrid Fault line I don't know anything about this author but his theory is interesting.

Here is another link with different maps. It does have some sensational claims but.... who know what Mother Nature is going to do. Massive Louisiana Sinkhole
edit on 25-1-2013 by AuntB because: add on

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

What's up with the Rocky Mountains becoming the Gulf of Colorado? I can understand the Mighty Missisipp and the coasts, but how would the mountains become submerged?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
reply to post by AuntB

What's up with the Rocky Mountains becoming the Gulf of Colorado? I can understand the Mighty Missisipp and the coasts, but how would the mountains become submerged?
I think the Rockies become the coast line. Shoot, there is a lot of flat land between the 14er's and the west coast.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

reply to post by AuntB

The western changes are based partially on the Cascadia subduction zone going off and triggering some of the rest of the west coast faults all the way down to the San Andreas fault zone. And either one, the Cascadia or the New Madrid, would be strong enough to possibly trigger the other one. And the Cascadia fault system is at least as dangerous by itself as the New Madrid.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB

I just don't know. I have seen this map numerous times and it shows me having oceanfront property when all is said & done. The whole eastern seaboard is missing, I assume erosion. The New Madrid going off is a very serious thing. It would basically divide the country. Depending on the state of the rivers, didn't the Mississippi flow backwards after the quake?

Looking into the tectonics of the area I found an interesting article that I will be researching more.

"This entire zone through the United States is suffering some type of tectonic activity that I believe is tied to the deeply buried tectonics in the Gulf of Mexico."
Info Louisiana Quake, New Madrid Fault line I don't know anything about this author but his theory is interesting.

Here is another link with different maps. It does have some sensational claims but.... who know what Mother Nature is going to do. Massive Louisiana Sinkhole
edit on 25-1-2013 by AuntB because: add on

There is another theory that says that the eastern half of the North American plate and the western half are being forced by outside forces in opposite directions. If true, that would eventually build enough stress in the New Madrid and associated faults to set it off big time.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

reply to post by AuntB

The western changes are based partially on the Cascadia subduction zone going off and triggering some of the rest of the west coast faults all the way down to the San Andreas fault zone. And either one, the Cascadia or the New Madrid, would be strong enough to possibly trigger the other one. And the Cascadia fault system is at least as dangerous by itself as the New Madrid.
You forgot the sleeping giant that also would basically beachfront also. I feel that when Cascadia does go- and it will, Yellowstone will be affected. I do agree that the Cascadia going off could trigger the whole west coast.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

You forgot the sleeping giant that also would basically beachfront also. I feel that when Cascadia does go- and it will, Yellowstone will be affected. I do agree that the Cascadia going off could trigger the whole west coast.

I actually wrote a short story back when the B P disaster was still at it's peak that dealt with this subject. I would post it here but it is no longer available on the site I posted it on and a hard drive failure took out the copy I had on disc.

But the scenario was that when B P decided to nuke the well to seal it a Meteor struck the gulf (to fit a biblical reference because I posted it on a Christian site) and caused the whole gulf floor to erupt which triggered the New Madrid which in turn triggered Yellowstone which triggered the Cascadia fault which started a "zipper effect" chain of events that led to unzipping the entire ring of fire. It continued on to trigger just about every other major fault in the rest of the world and ended up being the earthquake of biblical prophecy that caused every mountain to come down and every island to disappear into the sea. The story continued through a slow and painful recovery of civilization and the rise of the man of peace who would turn out to be the antichrist.

I am really POd that I didn't have it backed up better because it received high acclaim from those who read it and I was quite proud of it as well.
edit on 25-1-2013 by happykat39 because: typo

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

I had to come and rear my ulgy mug to check on this, there is another thread about seismic activity down there. Saw that one first, then checked on this.

I really feel for you guys down there. Cajun, stay safe, and maybe on the day of the Super Bowl, fill your car totallly with gas and get outta dodge for the night.

Ya know, Corporate America really, really sucks. TB needs to do something solid and concrete, I don't think drilling a bunch of holes is such a good Idea, but what do I know?

HappyKat, I wish you had that story you wrote, I'd love to read it. Sounds facinating.

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join