It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone ever hear a distant talking or music when it's quiet in your house?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Back in my old house, when I was younger I would always hear this ringing, like a large highway as the cars drove over the road fast. I lived in a small town, with a highway about two miles out but I really don't think thats what was causing it now that I look back. I think it was something I tried to give an excuse for. Coincidence or not, that was the house that i've experienced the most controversial ghostly encounters. Heard my name called from down stairs in that house, went down, and when they said they didn't say my name, was something that struck into my mind till this day. Although I didn't hear music or I don't remember, like you guys say it's not distinct enough to believe or feel its real. I'm the type of person to blow things off as nothing, luckily haven't had a ghost or some weird # happen that I couldn't somehow disprove in my head.

After that house never had anything happen like that before. Maybe it was cause I was young, who knows.

My honest gut, probably some people hear stuff that isn't there. I also believe that if that's not the case that something from the past is triggering what you hear. Fact you all hear 20-30's music is kinda creepy.

Interesting nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I heard bells in the distance (really majestic, cathedral bells) one night, in the middle of the night, a minute or so after I had cracked something very important to me (spiritually) and felt my heart bursting with light and joy.
It was quite puzzling. (And, of course, there were no bells, cathedral or otherwise, at that time of the night.)

Perhaps two years later I happened to read Patanjali's commentaries on Raja Yoga.
There is a commentary that explicitly names bells (among other sounds) among auspicious signs of spiritual progress.

I don't know if that's true.
(Although it begs the question, how did he come up with that?)

I do know, on the other hand, that "schizophrenia" is merely a catch-all name for an array of conditions that may or may not be genuine mental disorders of the deleterious kind. (I studied it; I know a thing or two about it.)

Fact you all hear 20-30's music is kinda creepy.

I did not and do not hear music from earlier eras.
I love music from the 1920s and 1930s. But what I hear is non-descript, often folk music; and occasionally I hear what sounds like the muffled sounds of a radio newscast.
As I said before, it's probably a real radio somewhere.

I also do not have a fan, an air conditioner or a fridge in my bedroom.
In fact, I do not have any type of electronics in my bedrooms.

edit on 7-10-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

reply to post by buddha

I get this a lot and agree with you two

STOP THE ENABLING ATS

edit on 7-10-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Your the second person on here thats mentioned hearing bells. I find that interesting. And someone else on here said they hear folk music too. it's just too coincidental that a lot of us hear early 1900 music and a few have mentioned folk music. There has to be something to this. Maybe we are hearing radio waves from the past like someone said earlier in the thread. If so... I think thats pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
My youngest can hear voices and music once, when she is just going off to sleep, I don't really know how to help her as sometimes it gets quite loud and keeps her awake. It can happen at any time she is going to sleep, which is anytime as we don't have a set bedtime.
She tells me it sounds like lots of people all talking at the same time but she can't hear any actual conversations.

I am hoping I can find help for her. Not medical but psychically.

I heard bells just after I woke up a few weeks ago and I did wonder what they for, so thanks for that, Vanitas.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Not tool long ago, Me, the wife and kids spent a week at my mom & dads house and we stayed in my old room. Latenight, I heard a harmonica being played and it was faintly coming from the corner of the room. I heard it a few times and checked to see if maybe the refrigerator running was causing it or something else, but it wasn't anything that I could find. After I layed down the last time, I listened to it 'til I fel asleep.

A couple nights later, something was knocking on the wall beside the window. I put my hand against it and could feel it when it knocked. I went outside thinking it was a rogue woodpecker or something, but nothing there. Then it started banging really hard on the wall in the same spot---by the window. NOTE: there are no pipes or anything in that wall and there is nothing loose, boards or whatnot. I tried my best to debunk it but could not. It was a hard fist pounding sound. I classify it as paranormal. There has always been something around my family since before I was born, according to my mom and dad. They mainly see the tall shadow, in a top hat, with a long trench coat on. I've seen it countless times. It exists and it is real.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Thank you for telling your story, I haven't seen the top hat guy, but I have seen a shadow person a couple of times. I did hear knocking a few years ago for a few weeks. I seemed like i would just get to sleep and i would hear someone knocking loudly at the bedroom door. I would think it was one of the kids and would say" come in." at that same time period I would hear my alarm go off in the middle of the night just to realize it didn't really go off and have heard the door bell too. I don't know why all that happened but I haven't heard anything like that in quite a while.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Maybe she simply has extraordinarily acute hearing.
Or maybe what she is hearing is the "digest" of noise and conversations she heard during the day.
(It sounds funny, but I suspect it can happen. I think it happens to me sometimes.)

Unless she starts hearing voices telling her what to do I wouldn't be too concerned.

I heard bells just after I woke up a few weeks ago and I did wonder what they for, so thanks for that, Vanitas.

Congratulations.

I mean it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Glad other people are experiencing this. I thought I was going nuts.I can never make out the songs or what the voices are saying.Sometimes it does sound like a radio station other times it sounds like people talking.The music always sounds old timey but i just can make out what it is.Nothing strange has ever happened to me before.I've never seen a ufo or anything like that so i doubt I've been implanted with anything.Wish I could figure out what it is though.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 1frenchfryshort

Yeah, too many of us are hearing the same kind of thing to be coincidence. I would love to know what it is for sure. I can speculate all day but it doesn't help me feel better.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I hear music sometimes. Different styles ... it can be rock or classical ... but I can't ever hear it strong enough to make it out. Ditto voices. During Frankenstorm, for some reason, there was a conversation happening in my house. It was 1:00 - 1:30 am during the peak of the storm. Two or three men were having a muffled conversation back and forth. I couldn't make out what they were saying. When I'd get up to look around .. it would stop. When I layed back down to try to sleep (impossible with a storm raging on) .. they'd start the conversation again.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I hear this quite often, a whispering, I can make out distinct voices but cant understand whats being said, along with the music

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I hear what I would describe as large wind chimes. Strangely enough, the first time I ever heard the melody that is played on the 'Home' screen of the Wii video game system I freaked because it is almost identical to the sound I hear-- a very ethereal melody dominated by a resonance that I can only relate to those large wind chimes.

If I hear voices, it sounds --(I haven't read through this thread, it was referenced in someone's reply in another one...I saw someone's reply to you under the linked post....and was surprised to read your comments as they are so similar to my infrequent bizarre experiences with hearing random things....but I digress....)-- anyway, anytime I hear what I would describe as voices is when there is some type of fan on or drone-like hum, and the voices sound like a group of people whispering amongst themselves. When I've heard this, I always felt a nervous and uncomfortable sense of "urgency", like, "they" didn't have much time and were desperately trying to tell me something and were discussing with each other how to get me "their" message or whatever. Captain Insane-O....right?

The only other experience I've had with what I would describe as voices, sounds like a radio, or t.v. that has been left on some mundane channel with the volume turned so low that even though you hear it, it's impossible to make out what they are saying. Anytime I've heard that type, I've never felt that sense of anxiety that I did with the whispering type. Almost like the radio/t.v. voices were just residual, but the whisperers were sentient and knew they weren't supposed to be there, or at the very least, surprised that I could hear them and trying to figure out how to best take advantage of what little time they apparently had available to get my attention before.....well, before whatever it was they seemed to be anticipating/dreading.

I've only experienced this phenomenon a double handful of times in my entire life. I'm not schitz, but I have long since been on pharmaceutical management for bipolar.

IMO, I don't believe that there is anything "wrong" with us, I just believe that our "filter", if you will, is somewhat thinner or not quite as thick as the majority of people. Pharmaceutical management adds the missing substance to our "filter" to bring us up to par with what our concious flesh has been custom-designed to process in this realm, and all that entails. That's my take on it, anyway.

Sorry if I've just totally repeated what has already been discussed in the thread. I just felt compelled to butt-in and give my 2-cents after reading your post.

edit on 31-10-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2012 by stupid girl because: additional description; past-tense participle error

edit on 31-10-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I hear heavy metal music and random conversation, especially when I am in bed and my mind is focused.
I have come to the conclusion that the source of the sounds are electric motors.

Yeah, the pellet stove is like a concert in my living room, 4 motors in that thing, exhaust, blower, one for each of two augers.

It must be something about repetitive sounds that make the brain squeeze out non-repetitive sounds to reduce the monotony?

I don't know, it's just weird!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
I hear heavy metal music and random conversation, especially when I am in bed and my mind is focused.
I have come to the conclusion that the source of the sounds are electric motors.

Yeah, the pellet stove is like a concert in my living room, 4 motors in that thing, exhaust, blower, one for each of two augers.

It must be something about repetitive sounds that make the brain squeeze out non-repetitive sounds to reduce the monotony?

I don't know, it's just weird!

Wow, that's a really interesting speculation about the repetitive sounds. Possibly something worth looking into? The hum of a fan or the drone of a small engine or compressor are the repetitive sounds that I have experienced this phenomenon with. Even a hair dryer. But never a vacuum....go figure?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn

If it's quiet and i don't have my fans on i can hear ringing in my ears that sounds like someone turned a tv or computer screen on, like a high pitched tone.

If you hear talking, you could be schitzoprenic or your house could be haunted and sometimes it ain't always easy telling which one is the truth, especially if you live alone. I used to live alone before i got married and i had dishes thrown at me, particularly one night when i was playing world of warcraft alone around 1 am. Damn ghost was doing everything it could to disrupt my raiding. Imagine sitting there by yourself telling something you couldn't see the shut the F up, it's messing with your raiding.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Wow, that's a really interesting speculation about the repetitive sounds. Possibly something worth looking into? The hum of a fan or the drone of a small engine or compressor are the repetitive sounds that I have experienced this phenomenon with. Even a hair dryer. But never a vacuum....go figure?

Well, the vacuum in this case, if you want to experience music and talking...it just sucks!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
In my dreams, I have heard various "Radio Stations" - I rember quite fondly a rather wild "Drum and Bass" track - oh, and the voices, if it sounds like the same person all the time then its just one of those lousy attempts to curb the current "Thought-Transmission" system, that has, incidentally, become far too complex to control for the poor chumps that designed it.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i was searching for threads on people hearing music and voices, and came across this one,it seems to be alot like i am experiencing.I am hearing whole conversations,an all different types of music.I tried turning off electrical devices and i still hear them.Its pretty scary i could use some advice.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I've heard both voices and music as well. This happened several years ago when I was a kid. But it turned out that my house was haunted. We moved houses, and sometimes I still hear it, but we had a medium come and do a cleanse to get the spirits out in our old house, and she said that sometimes a spirit will follow you because it likes you. In my case it was my grandpa so I can't really do much about that!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join