It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone ever hear a distant talking or music when it's quiet in your house?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

what if she was picking up on not radio signals but maybe another dimension... all dimensions are running at the same time. so what if she was?..............just sayn...

edit on 5-10-2012 by m1ch43lh150 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I've heard cicadas in the coldest months of Midwestern winter before, so I know that sometimes the brain can get into a screwy state with auditory hallucinations. I figured no insects were active at that time amidst the freezing weather, so I ruled it out as tinnitus.

Maybe watch what you eat, lay off the caffiene, or take more vitamins or something... (I'm fairly sure my "winter cicadas" were from drinking too much caffiene-heavy soda while dehydrated rather than water.)

Or if you know how to compose or transcribe music - since that's what you're hearing, just roll with it a bit and get the creative juices going. Some people have that latent creative bug and don't have a clue what to do when it tries to manifest itself. And then it pokes through in thoughts or imagination rather than through expression. (Making that nagging thing work for you might cause it to go away.) I've never had it come at me randomly like that, but sometimes when bored and intentionally making up a tune - there's a far more complex orchestration going on in my head than what I could hum or whistle. (It's really a shame I can't readily transcribe music worth a darn. My casual hobby electronic "music" is nowhere close.) But in that case I know what's going on. I could easily picture that it's possible to get in a mental state where something like that comes out of the subconscious instead of the active conscious and might be bothersome.

Of course if it's really bad to the point of being distracting, then yeah - go see a doctor. Could be something like a stroke acting up.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Sometimes I will hear music too. A while back we had just gotten to bed and I heard music and talking

yes i get this effect its bizzare as it only happens at night. Im thinking of going out and investigating it.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I know this will come off as crazy, but ive heard industrial and pop rock music before and made contact with a voice along with it. I believe these are extra-dimensional sounds and they look for people by searching your life or mind with their "abilities", at least that's what i gathered by asking the voice questions. But be careful contacting them, they might just stick around and keep bothering you. By the way you have to project your thoughts towards the sound to make contact.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
During research I found a theory that could fit the syndrome that has been described by people within this thread. It is relative to being a Contactee and/or Experiencer. It is believed that people with implants have the ability to accept certain frequencies - such as the radio. Accepting radio station frequencies would account for music of any variety of genres.

Some people do not know they have implants but may have a conscious memory of a sighting of a UAP (unidentified aerial phenomena)- which is technically a Contact. I spoke with a science teacher once, who also had medical training and after a period of time we spoke freely about UAPs and other related phenomena. One day we were chatting and the theory of implants and radio signals interacting came up. Essentially he asked me whether that was the reason he sometimes heard the radio even when there was none on or near him. I stated that it was very possible - keep in mind this was a conversation with a person who is science trained in their thinking.

My understanding of tinnitus is that it can manifest in a variety of tangible sounds. The physical actuality that a nerve within the brain/neck region is continually being pressed upon thus causing the continuous sound - whatever the form.

Spirtually if you are connecting to a Soul who is passed it is recommended that you assist them with words or prayer that help them to lift and not remain earthbound. If you go to a psychiatrist and speak about this subject and the related theories - chances are you will end up heavily medicated and/or hospitalised. I have learned a lot from researching the work of Mary Rodwell and others. There are professionals who are assisting many people, often parents of Children who experience the described phenomena. The reason parents seek out the researchers is to avoid the trap of psychiatry and drugging Children up to their eyeballs.

I have experienced entire classes of Students telling me they hear the electrical tone in their ears. Many many many Contactees and Experiencers describe this very real physical manifestation. It is the most exciting time to be alive on planet Earth as we explore the real world that is opening up before us. Happy researching and may everyone find the answers.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I'm going to go out on whim here and say, most people won't admit to this. But I do. As I sit here working, I am wondering about the sounds I hear. I am not even afraid anymore because I have become so used to it. I am looking right at the sounds. There is no rhyme or reason. My other co-workers are just scared.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Yes, I hear what sounds like the radio on in a distant room of the house. Not always, but enough to notice how weird it is. I go back there and of course, there is no music... no talking.

Come back to the living room and computer at the desk... hear distant melodies and whispering...

What do I do... crank up some music on my computer.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the tinnitus info and I'm relieved to hear this isn't just another one off anomaly.
I've got so much extra metal in my teeth and various other places that I've wondered if radio reception was a possibility - many of the things I hear sound like TV or radio advertisements, often in spanish!

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

What age are you?
Curious to topic.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Do you have a fan running, a fridge or an air condition?
Anything which produces white noise?

Years back i experimented with noises and binaural beats, and I happened to "hear" voices and music. Sometimes it was really bizarre stuff, ridiculous and mundane phrases.

I am VERY convinced this can be trained and learned.

I can also "hear" music with a fan on in my bed room and concentrating on it - it is very hard to describe. I do of course know it is not "real" music and another person might not hear it - but the phenomenon is very fascinating.

The "music" can sound very "real" in a sense that it could be rock music, pop music, folk music, with someone singing...although the words can never be understood. It is really very, very much like a soft, cheap radio somewhere playing "normal" every day music, but just turned so quietly you cannot *exactly* make out lyrics or the song.

(One day it could "sound" like a song from the 80s with some hairy male rockers singing..the next day it might be woman singing or a chorus with an entirely different style of music...it could be some really cheesy guitar rock...and the next day something like an opera or a pop song....or some mexican folk music etc...it's hilarious)

I also noticed that my relaxation state can actively influence how and when i hear the "music". I can go to bed and focus on the sound of the fan...and it has a different quality depending how relaxed i am.
(BRAIN WAVES!! The more some gets to the relaxed alpha state, eg. meditation etc...the better the ability to hear the "music")

Eg. i can lie there and focus on the fan, and by listening to the fan i can determine how relaxed i am...once i start to slowly and gradually hear "music"..i know i am relaxed and will fall asleep soon.

edit on 6-10-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Buy sound activated recorders and put them around the house to see what you pick up.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
for more years than i can remember i have heard muffled, indistinct voices...like from another room behind closed doors...

i also hear music, faint and very hard to discern any melody... it's just ramdom musical notes/pitches, but very complex tracks... sometimes i hear harps other times i hear Organs, other times it is just bells jingling (like the bells on a triangle frame on a Star Trek episode with Spock in a vulcan ceremony)

on rare times its birds chirping.... mostly a single bird but other times a few birds in a distant place.

i have a explanation for my auditory phenomena...i have classic Schizophrenia, had it since i was a toddler and it became full blown before i was 12 years old
edit on 6-10-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This thread just creeped me out.

I moved into a new house this summer. Older home. 1960's brick. New sounds to me. All homes have some noises they make as the walls heat and cool.

There is an enormous amount of white noise in this house. Fridge, ceiling fan, AC. And for the first time in two decades, I actually live in a neighborhood.

I keep hearing what sounds like a 1930's-40's party going on, music and high happy voices. At first, that is what i thot it was. Just a festive neighbor.

The sounds, also, seem to be in one or two small areas. Again, just thot maybe I am picking up noisy neighbor sounds...

I DO have tinnitus. For about 12-15 yrs. I know that tone.

I also have a abductee tale. My brother does too. I mention my brother, because when he was here, he asked me about the sounds, which no one but he and I can hear... (he also found, and removed an thing from his arm a few years ago, looked like a metal piece of rice)

I am so creeped out, I need a chick-flick to calm down.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Right now i'm thinking radio frequencies. but who knows, people have given me a lot to think about. As long as it's not ghosts, or demons, then I think its pretty cool that we all hear this. If it is ghosts or demons.... I don't even want to know. I'd rather think happy thoughts

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by m1ch43lh150

If thats whats happening to me then I think thats awesome! I've always be interested in that kinda thing. I just wish I could hear it good enough to understand what they are saying. Or recognize the music.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Well you go investigate and I will stay in the house and you can y=tell me what you find. I'm not a fan of running around in the dark looking for mysterious sounds. I have went outside during the day and found a big fat nuthin...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

Ummm..... that sound terrifying to me. I'm not sure I want to make contact. So far, I can never understand what they are saying. I dont think they are talking to me, I think i am just hearing conversations or something.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

WOW, that was really interesting but I don't like the idea of have any implants ( unless they are to make my boobies look sexy) so I hope this isn't the case.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

What you've said sounds interesting but I'm kinda confused. Could you explain what you talking about?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I am 44. I'm not sure where everyone else lives or looks like ( not sure that it matters) but I will tell you a little about me and we will see if anyone else has anything in common with me. I am small, 5 ft 1, weigh 101. I have Native american in my blood ( not full blood ) so i have tanish skin, brown eyes and hair. I do look unusually young for my age. My daughter is 22 and people think that we are sisters if they don't know me. I live in Arkansas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join