It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is afoot and I can't pin point it

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

could just be number two

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

I know. Something is up. Has anyone been getting the hiccups all the time for no reason? It's driving me crazy!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by girlofmountain1

Hiccups can be caused by screwed up blood chemistries; an imbalance of the electrolytes. Try getting some more potassium (the most likely to be low) in your diet; if that doesn't help, go to extra calcium and then magnesium. The hiccups are a reaction of the diaphragm muscle to not enough of one of the minerals.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

I absolutely agree with you 100%. Good thing I didn't mention gloom and doom anywhere in my response... I truly feel nothing of the sort.
Lots of people are responding strictly because of the question that was asked regarding the ear thing. Myself included.
I can see where folks have found it strange that all of a sudden, this is showing up, at this point in time. I suppose it means absolutely nothing, but chitchatting about it on a thread is why boards were invented. Makes folks feel better to know that they're not alone and that maybe someone else can put a lid on the subject.
Anyway, your response is well thought out and rings true with me.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by VariableConstant

I live north of Madison, WI, and there have been many, many airplanes flying from north to south for about 3 hours now - it's 2330.

My boyfriend said Obama was in the area - flying from EauClaire, which is north, to Madison which is south, but it's been at least 3 hours and there's still, less so, but still planes flying. I can't see exactly what they are, but they sound like large military-like planes With some fighter jets and helicopters thrown in. I cannot identify airlplanes specifically, especially in the dark.

That is interesting, but Wisconsin is a long way from Hawai'i. Although, it reminds me of something I saw earlier today...

Not saying it is connected, but I passed a large military convoy coming down from Pohakuloa Training Area as I was driving home. Nothing unusual about that, but what stood out to me was that they actually had guys manning the turrets on the assault vehicles. Convoys come through all the time, but I've never seen them manning the guns before.

These guys looked really serious, too. The driver in front of me had veteran tags on his truck and was throwing shaka (thumb and pinky wave used in Hawai'i) to the soldiers, and they just disregarded him. Everybody returns a shaka out here. Found it odd, myself.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by douggie60

Maybe they where not from Hawaii.!!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Has anyone else been having periods of hearing a very high pitch tone/whine? It's almost like tinnitus or the ringing I'd get after shooting without good ear protection for some reason but without the marsh-mellow fuzzy aspect. it's just that very high high pitch whine and it comes and goes. More the last couple weeks than ever and I never noticed it at all until a month ago. The last week just seemed to be a lot more noticeable and my other half mentioned she's heard something too...prompting me to wonder if others may as well?
edit on 4-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

I hear it quite often. I hear it more within people's houses. At my house I found the source and had to unplug all of the HDTV (newer TV's). They give off a high pitch frequency even when they are off. I notice it also with the smart phones. I have to take the battery out of my phone when I go to bed. It goes away immediately when I remove the battery. Not sure if this is what your hearing but has been the source of the high pitch that I'm hearing.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I've noticed what you describe in your ear. It comes and goes, I thought it was tinnitus.
What do you think it means, and yes, I've certainly noticed the internet news about volanoes and earthquake activity.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Noted and looked at other areas too, while I was on USGS map. Curious huh. No something is going to happen, anyday I expect the other shoe to drop. However their are so many scenarios, it's hard to pinpoint just one. Sttay safe.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I have had a "feeling" something is wrong or something big is coming for the last 5-10 years. Nothing discernable, just... something.
I live in Melbourne, Australia, and loath living here, but for financial reasons i have to.
Having said that, like a poster said on pg 1, everytime i leave and then come back, i feel a sense of.... gloom, depression, anxiety to name few feelings, come over me when i return. No other symptoms, ringing and such (tho i do have tinnitus occasionally).

Now, having said all that, i have a theory, may be a stupid one, but it is mine lol.
What if all these noises and visions and things we see are NOT man-made? and i'm not talking about ET here (kinda).
We only see in a certain spectrum of light, and only hear in a certain spectrum of sound right?
Are we the only intelligent lifeform on this planet that we can see and hear?
What if some other species (invisible and inaudible to us) is creating these phenomenoms?
Like i said, just a theory, and maybe a stupid one at that.....
Cheers guys

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Okay.. So many replied and this honestly isn't my thread so I'm just replying to a few that stood out one way or another.. I'll say though that watching some make accounts just to post about this experience is quite a statement to the reality of the experience for many people. I couldn't see a passing thing or a mere background annoyance of old age being enough to push lurkers into jumping into active membership. It's almost unsettling.

@YouSire

Ummm...........Why Wrabbit, why.............Why did you have to bring up that annoying high frequency noise. I was quite happy having it on...ignore, but you just had to bring it back, didn't you.

I'm not sure I don't agree at this point. Suspecting something is going on or a natural thing is happening is one thing. I can still tell myself, if it gets depressing or whatever, it MAY not be real in the end. Hearing a physical symptom confirmed and with similar time frames of it starting and/or very similar ways it 'varies' tends to take away that option of saying it's just my own fault-prone analysis saying something's up.

@iwontrun

What do you mean by biohazard on RSOE? I checked another major disease and outbreak index I keep a daily eye on and EEE is the thing breaking out in the East right now. Eastern Equine Encephalitis. Reports of it from the Northeast to Florida and human cases as well. India has widespread fatals from the human form of it but nothing comparable here yet. I didn't see anything else?

@jacktorrance

While I don't know how it would be related at all...yes. I have been hearing high pitched whines and almost a chiming noise, since August 21.

Have you seen a doctor on that? It may be the same as I and others are feeling, indeed. My wife has had Migraines at times for years, unrelated to this, but this just multiplies her suffering during one since she started hearing this. It's the physical sensation of building pressure I wonder about..and which I'd think sounds different and more urgent in a possibly medical sense? If that's all okay, then thats an eye opening version of it starting. I don't recall the precise day or week I noticed it. The background just stopped being background I guess I'd say, and I noticed it. Then noticed it get stronger and vary...etc.

@Darkest4

Two thoughts on this... First, I tend to avoid "I have a bad feeling threads" for precisely the reasons you note and almost didn't post my question on this one for that same reason. Suggestion feeds suggested ideas and you can have an epidemic of sympathetic symptoms sometimes. In this case though, the specific medical/tangible experience of hearing the tone and the nature of it seems to transcend the usual vague feeling..?

Second, you're right that people throughout history have been panic-prone at key times. Century turnovers especially, but others as well...in hindsight it looks silly. In modern times, we DO know of numerous technologies being developed or studied that ARE capable of wide spread environmental or human impact. Perhaps long term..perhaps even permanent. From HAARP to the Super Sonar to just background static of a million different transmitters...

There are a lot of ways this period is like no other in human history, IMO. Enough to pay attention to off things, anyway..

I want to share what I think may be a better way of describing it as well. I've been thinking hard on that and in some ways it's like the old story of trying to explain color to someone blind all their life. Without reference...how? Well I hit on where I've heard something very similar before.

When I was a teenager I spent many weekends in the "back country" as much as anything is there, of the Santa Ana mountains in So. Cal. Lots of mine shafts. Hard Rock type mines that likely still stand today, from the late 1800's. Anyway...I spent a good deal of time in those and below ground for a day or more at a time.

The sound you literally 'don't hear' when in an absolute vacuum of sound is what this sounds like. When I was a couple hundred feet under a hillside and a couple levels down in an abandoned mine, the darkness is 100% absolute and so is the silence. I think in that situation, it's the mind substituting something in the presence of nothing and that high whine is what I've always heard in total silence.

THAT is what this sounds like...with a bit more texture to it giving the sense of a lot more than a dead tone being there..if that helps describe it?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Although the topic that started this thread and the topic that set it on fire seems not to be interrelated, you were probably compelled because earth displacement from quakes and volcanos produce frequencies. And whether subcontiousley or not threw it out there, who knows. Either way I'm personally glad it was brought up because its something that apparently hit a nerve.

I never intended this to be a gloom and doom thread. I recognize that earth is going through transition so really anyone can say "hey something is about to happen" and it'll likely come true. It was something I was compelled at that moment to write and whatever that reason certainly wasn't to get anyone worked up or anything. When you think about it, if what they say is true about the April 4 ( or 11th dont remember the date) earthquake. How it broke off and created a whole new plate. In fact they can connect a serious of tremors for 2 weeks throughout the world connected to it.

So our crust needs to adjust its pressure with the plates and mantle etc, as the plates find their new places. We're sure to see a lot of activity for awhile. It's just important people don't get too focused in the doldrums of corporate life, Acknowledges the queues and always be prepared. Know what's in you surrounding and any potential impact. If we've learned anything in the recent past, the greatest threat from Mother Nature seems to be tsunamis, so those on the coasts need to be most cognizant.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Yes i have expeienced this tone as well regularly,that's what I love about ATS being able to collaborate and theorise similar experiences.I have no idea on this one, real hard to pinpoint, all guess work!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

That ringing has been going on for me for weeks. And it's no longer just tinnitus type ringing, either.I'm beginning to hear lower pitched whines, also. At first I figured I was putting too much thought into it, imagining hearing the whining, but after I heard it multiple times over the last week or so I began to take it more seriously.

As for the anticipation of some sort of event, my heart has been growing heavier as the months pass,. And by that, I mean I feel like we're coming closer and closer.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Lordy Lordy glad I dont live there. Cause I would be fried through and though just so the volcano couild have my land.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

But, please do be upset because of my scarcasism. I mean no harm. It really is happing all over the earth and people have no clue that this is just a signal to man kind amoung other signals. peace and the love of your god to you and if you have no god then may you get the love of mine poured upon you.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
Odd thing here. As I was reading this thread, I got a ringing in my right ear. It has been happening off and on for a few months or so. Maybe longer. Now I read others have had it happening in their right ear as well. Certainly odd.

I hear it from both but it way louder in my right ear also.
started about a 1 1/2 ago

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I can always remember hearing a high pitched sound.

Two things come to mind an African shaman said in a book that I read a long time ago, that when you can hear a high pitch noise, it is a spirit trying to talk to you. Maybe?

And I remember my sister and I when I was a young teenager, we both heard a high pitch whine and told the man who's house we were visiting, that he needed to get the demon out who was visiting him. He was a Youth Christian minister. He didn't believe us. After all we were only children.

I did notice if I was talking to someone or listening to something pro-God the high pitch whine would start up.

What is interesting it that I learned somewhere that if you concentrate/focus and raise your frequency, you can kill the implants in your body.
I did this a few weeks ago and the next morning I had two rice-like rough metal items come out of my ear.
Since then the world has gone a lot more quiet and I have only heard the noise once since then and very muted and I could tell it to go away.

I believe I and my sister had been implanted as a very young child in Germany, where my army dad had been based. I come from two bloodlines-Romany gypsy and another interesting one.

And I had heard that MKULTRA found, that you can mind control someone by attaching a demon to the victim and this is why fear and trauma had to be involved. The implants were to be able to find the person and to relay messages.

Just my ideas, on research I have found out.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I believe I spoke of this earlier or in another thread. But here's a little on the April 1st earthquake that created a new tectonic. This is from usgs.gov and its what they provide when looking up today's earthquake in Indonisia.

Along the South Solomon trench, the Australia plate converges with the Pacific plate at a rate of approximately 95 mm/yr towards the east-northeast. Seismicity along the trench is dominantly related to subduction tectonics and large earthquakes are common: there have been 13 M7.5+ earthquakes recorded since 1900. On April 1, 2007, a M8.1 interplate megathrust earthquake occurred at the western end of the trench, generating a tsunami and killing at least 40 people. This was the third M8.1 megathrust event associated with this subduction zone in the past century; the other two occurred in 1939 and 1977.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join