It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is afoot and I can't pin point it

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes I've had many moments of late with the high ptich whistle in my ears,or sometimes ill just be sitting there and they pop and whistle for about 5 min.
this has had me concerned because i've associated it with the Earths frequency rising.Although most of my life I've been able to hear extremely high freq...i.e. I could stand outside you're house and tell you every time you change the channel on you're T.V.!

As you were
Sawgunn
edit on 6-10-2012 by sawgunn69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by will615

And to the poster that mentioned helicopter activity, I've noticed an extreme amount of it over here (Williamsburg, Brooklyn), and I stress the extreme. Some just hover for a few minutes. I've seen ones with slow blinking lights, black helicopters, one with just one red, very slowly blinking light on top. Two following each other with their spot lights point around in the sky, as opposed to the ground (as if searching for someone.) The sound of helicopters is almost constant.

I've been noticing a lot of strange things recently, but I won't get into all of it.

Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing.
Helicopter activity is on the rise it seems.

I'd be interested in hearing about the other strange things you've noticed. Once you get your 20 posts, maybe you can tell us more or just shoot me a u2u.

edit on 5-10-2012 by will615 because: spelling

Well here in Brooklyn as well. I posted a week or so ago about a lot of military helicopter activity in the area at the time. They were coming from ESE and almost at regular intervals. I think that direction places them heading away from somewhere on Long Island.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Thats were I live Lake Grove L.I. N.Y. ,and being a retired U.S.M.C. colonel I can tell you there has been a huge upscale in military equipment movement going on .Mostly @ 4 am on the L.I.E headed east.

As you were
Sawgunn

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sawgunn69

That's because their is inner city training going on. Several different cities across the U.S. they call it urban warfare training. ...there is usually a fake prisoner somewhere and military practices a rescue, or they work with DEA kicking in doors with gang activity.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Is this a volcano that just sort of spills all over the place, or does it actually explode.

if a big enough earthquake rattles the southern coast... well just google Hilena Slump and you'll get the picture www.drgeorgepc.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I checked the rsoe website...none too informative huh. They have no info on things such as a biohazard in new york state, even that schools web site had nothing. Am I looking at it wrong?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

Earthquakes and volcanoes will get worse as the tectonic plates equilibrium has been broken from dambs, nuke tests, cities, floods, ice melting

Trust your feelings but you are meant to meditate to understand them
and dreams, ask your spirit for what you want

say this before bed: i ask my spirit to remember my dreams when i wake up

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You know, I keep searching for any article about ringing, humming or buzzing of the ears. I can't find a single article that pertains to the topic without saying its Tinnitus. Like there can't be any other type of diagnosis? Every example of this phenomenon can't just be thrown into one basket.

For me, I don't even feel like its coming from within. It sounds like external but hitting some frequency that reverberates in my brain. That's why is starts quite, increases and stops. It's never long and it's not bothersome. Could mine be tinnitus? Sure, but to have 1 out of 9 people on this planet have it. That's just crazy. And if so then we as a culture worldwide you'd think would have adapted to the increased noise we experience on a day to day basis. Evolution and all that.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HiGilgamesh

I had a Lucent dream last night. When I woke I found the message beautiful and was excited to ponder on it. I dozed back to sleep and for the life of me and I can't remember now.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Couple things:

1: That lady that said she had a vertical ribbon of iridescence in her eye for a few minutes had what's called medically a 'scintillating scotoma', or an optical migraine. A lot like what people with migraines see beforehand and call an aura. It's caused by a neurological anomaly in the retina or optic nerve. I had this happen to me a few days after I gave birth; apparently all that pushing and the increased intra-cerebral pressure played a part. (Glad it wasn't permanent, but it was beautiful! In my case, it was a full half circle shape of iridescence in my right eye). And as a warning, if you have sensations of flashing lights or a curtain of iridescence for more than a few minutes, it could be a detached retina (can happen without any cause, or from a sneeze, blowing your nose or trauma like a car accident), get to an emergency room right away; it's considered a medical emergency. They can tack the retina back onto the back of the eyeball but if too much time goes by, it's harder to fix and will cause blindness.

2. It would be very helpful if everyone saying they hear tones or see odd military movement would state their general location, in case someone wants to research this further, to see if there's a pattern.

3. I wonder how many people are hearing ringing or tones in the ears they use for cellphones!?

And as a corollary to that, I would like you all to consider just how much electromagnetic smog we're exposed to every day compared to just 60 years ago. Cell towers, TV and radio communications, incoming cosmic waves, etc; they all add up and there must be more than before and certainly our delicate nervous systems haven't had time to adjust. Evolutionary time is measured in hundreds and thousands of years, not decades.

And, lastly there's simply the noise associated with modern living. I finally arranged my life so that I live on a mountain, no nearby neighbors, no traffic noise of any kind, and I rarely go into town. I don't have a TV, rarely listen to music, and only watch the occasional movie on my computer. My household exposure to noise is at an all-time low. I too hear various frequencies in my ears but at this point I'm presuming hearing damage and tinnitus from a career involving wearing headphones all day long. But most of you are living in cities, have exposure to daily incessant traffic, electronics, 'entertainment' and cell phone noise. You've got electrically charged wires running everywhere near you and in your walls. When's the last time you truly were somewhere absolutely, 1850's-style quiet?

4. Lastly, you might want to try taking ginkgo for the ringing. It's supposed to help to generate new capillaries in the ear and help with tinnitus but can take several months to see an improvement. I take it and I'm pretty sure it helps.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I have read through pages and pages of replies talking about ringing in the ears. My ears too have been ringing, and I wish to submit the interview of Billy Hayes who admits to installing over 200 HAARP arrays since the 1950's to 1960's. They are all over the planet now, in the Earth, in the electric lines and through the Satellite systems. I am posting Part 1 of a youtube...don't know if I can post this, but if the link doesn't work, go to youtube and put in Billy Hayes and Causic. This will explain the ringing in the ears.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Has anyone else been having periods of hearing a very high pitch tone/whine? It's almost like tinnitus or the ringing I'd get after shooting without good ear protection for some reason but without the marsh-mellow fuzzy aspect. it's just that very high high pitch whine and it comes and goes. More the last couple weeks than ever and I never noticed it at all until a month ago. The last week just seemed to be a lot more noticeable and my other half mentioned she's heard something too...prompting me to wonder if others may as well?
edit on 4-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

For a few months now I get a high pitched ring that comes and goes for a few minutes (max) and stops for about a week-- but sure enough it comes back.

I too have been having these issues... Now i am getting severe headaches with them. Been tot he doctor and they say it is just stress.. (i have no stress trust me i live a pretty easy life) so I am thinking something is up!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
People have been posting with feelings of impeding doom and what not on ATS just like this for years and years. There's hundreds of threads of vague "I have a terrible feeling something horrible is about to happen" or "does anyone else feel 'strange' or 'different' lately'" or "my cats/dogs are acting weird lately! they must know the end is nigh" and then dozens of people replying saying "omg me too!". Then nothing apocalyptic or drastic ever happens, these threads never go anywhere. It's just a circle jerk of people wanting to believe they are tuned into something mysterious and prophetic and more interesting than ordinary ole life as we know it.

People have been feeling like this all throughout history. People in every generation think their times are more significant than others and think apocalyptic events will happen in their lifetime. Various religions focusing on apocalypse so much has only made man's tendencies worse in this regard. We're also bombarded by all these wanna be "prophets" and "psychics", those aren't helping either.

Anyways, in the case of these threads it's seems like its always just a case of vivid imaginations, confirmation bias, wishful thinking, health issues people are misinterpreting (depression, tinnitus, schizo, etc), just plain paranoia or whatever else. No doom ever happens after these vague threads, just relax and enjoy life. Bad things happen every day, whether natural disasters or man made, "something" is ALWAYS "afoot" technically. There's no use worrying about them more than usual just cause you are feeling "weird" or "different", there's plenty of more realistic causes than predicting a major disaster in the near future.
edit on 6-10-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Not sure what to make of this, but I too get a ringing/high pitch sound. Totally out of the blue. I work nights, and for the majority of the time this is when it happens. The strange part is that my immediate thought is a connection? To who or what I don't know? It's almost as as someone or something has tuned into me?

Nige

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Not sure what to make of this, but I too get a ringing/high pitch sound. Totally out of the blue. I work nights, and for the majority of the time this is when it happens. The strange part is that my immediate thought is a connection? To who or what I don't know? It's almost as as someone or something has tuned into me?

Nige

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

While I don't know how it would be related at all...yes. I have been hearing high pitched whines and almost a chiming noise, since August 21.

The day it started my head "exploded" for lack of a better word. I was sitting on the computer, and I felt an immense pressure on my head, kind of like when you're changing altitudes only it kept swelling and swelling. I was having a mini panic attack at that point because all I could think of was something was about to pop inside my head, and I didn't know how an aneurysm felt, so I got scared. Then all of a sudden, as if a balloon full of static had filled up inside of my head, I hear a loud POP! and then crackly static noise.

I've had that happen at least 8 more times since then, and these chimes and high pitched whine occur almost every other day since then.

Very strange. Like I said before, I don't know how on earth it would be related to volcanic or earthquake activity, and it probably isn't at all, but it has been happening to me for a little over a month as well.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4
People have been posting with feelings of impeding doom and what not on ATS just like this for years and years. There's hundreds of threads of vague "I have a terrible feeling something horrible is about to happen" or "does anyone else feel 'strange' or 'different' lately'" or "my cats/dogs are acting weird lately! they must know the end is nigh" and then dozens of people replying saying "omg me too!". Then nothing apocalyptic or drastic ever happens, these threads never go anywhere. It's just a circle jerk of people wanting to believe they are tuned into something mysterious and prophetic and more interesting than ordinary ole life as we know it.

People have been feeling like this all throughout history. People in every generation think their times are more significant than others and think apocalyptic events will happen in their lifetime. Various religions focusing on apocalypse so much has only made man's tendencies worse in this regard. We're also bomRbarded by all these wanna be "prophets" and "psychics", those aren't helping either.

Anyways, in the case of these threads it's seems like its always just a case of vivid imaginations, confirmation bias, wishful thinking, health issues people are misinterpreting (depression, tinnitus, schizo, etc), just plain paranoia or whatever else. No doom ever happens after these vague threads, just relax and enjoy life. Bad things happen every day, whether natural disasters or man made, "something" is ALWAYS "afoot" technically. There's no use worrying about them more than usual just cause you are feeling "weird" or "different", there's plenty of more realistic causes than predicting a major disaster in the near future.
edit on 6-10-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

This is what the skeptic part of me tells me and you have put it well!

Then I have those times when just too many coincidences' happen, or flashes of intuition about someone/thing happen and the bigger picture becomes even bigger.......and then I'm not so sure.

I have such a strong feeling that we are going to experience a life changing event very soon, and have for several months at least - but it's just that, a feeling, no god damn use to anyone!
edit on 6/10/2012 by Psychoparrot because: Pressed send by mistake oops!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

I do agree with you. It's very easy to jump on a band wagon of symptoms, and occurrences others are posting that sound even vaguely familiar to our own. 9/10 times absolutely nothing comes of it.

But I don't mind when people post their feelings or premonitions. Likely nothing will come of it, but I don't want to make people feel like they aren't welcome to share their story or experiences, or that others will think they are crazy for doing so. The grey area is a place to do that, and as long as they aren't promoting hoaxes or simply trying to spread doom and gloom, then I don't see anything wrong with simply sharing an idea or thought.

The physical symptoms could very well be, and probably are, individual health issues completely unrelated to one another, although again, if plenty of people are experiencing the same thing, it's not a bad thing to share it.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by VariableConstant

I live north of Madison, WI, and there have been many, many airplanes flying from north to south for about 3 hours now - it's 2330.

My boyfriend said Obama was in the area - flying from EauClaire, which is north, to Madison which is south, but it's been at least 3 hours and there's still, less so, but still planes flying. I can't see exactly what they are, but they sound like large military-like planes With some fighter jets and helicopters thrown in. I cannot identify airlplanes specifically, especially in the dark.

That is interesting, but Wisconsin is a long way from Hawai'i. Although, it reminds me of something I saw earlier today...

Not saying it is connected, but I passed a large military convoy coming down from Pohakuloa Training Area as I was driving home. Nothing unusual about that, but what stood out to me was that they actually had guys manning the turrets on the assault vehicles. Convoys come through all the time, but I've never seen them manning the guns before.

These guys looked really serious, too. The driver in front of me had veteran tags on his truck and was throwing shaka (thumb and pinky wave used in Hawai'i) to the soldiers, and they just disregarded him. Everybody returns a shaka out here. Found it odd, myself.

They prally have been in the field for a long time and was ready to get home to their families, It is VERY common for soliders to man the turrents on tanks and humvees.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

It's interesting to hear an alternative view on this thread, and I do agree on many aspects raised in the first two paragraphs. However, I'd like to address a couple of points raised in the latter.

I never mentioned impending doom, apocalyptic events or anything drastic. Merely that I truly believe that something extraordinary is happening. I've had many experiences in my life since a young age to know that there's too much in this world that you either tune into or drop out of.

I enjoy my life, I'm an extremely positive person who will always attempt to instill this outlook in others.

I have no health issues other than the lack of a spleen. I would doubt that the many of the ATS users who've contributed to this thread have mental health issues, and I feel that's a fair assumption. It's people sharing in an experience that's all too real to them, and that's something you cannot take away. I've been reading ATS without ever commenting for a few years now, but this thread has struck a chord.

I do have a vivid imagination though, but I can discern what's real to me and when my imagination runs rampant. I call it gut instinct.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join