It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is afoot and I can't pin point it

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This thread has taken a life of its own which is pretty cool. I think it's high time we get a better understanding of this humming/ringing. You can't blame it on mass hallucination and everybody on this planet didn't suddenly get tinnitus.

Everyone seems to be timid about even speaking about it myself included. Makes you wonder though. Reminds me of the unexplained disease. What's it called? With synthetic fibers growing out of you flesh, the name escapes me right now. But initially the official explanation was yeah your crazy and you are wounding yourself. What is it called??? I guess I'll have to google it lol. The reason I bring this up is if every ran to the doctors the medical industry would call us all crazy.

Ah!! Morgellons disease!

edit on 5-10-2012 by masta12d because: Typo

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d
This thread has taken a life of its own which is pretty cool. I think it's high time we get a better understanding of this humming/ringing. You can't blame it on mass hallucination and everybody on this planet didn't suddenly get tinnitus.

Everyone seems to be timid about even speaking about it myself included. Makes you wonder though. Reminds me of the unexplained disease. What's it called? With synthetic fibers growing out of you flesh, the name escapes me right now. But initially the official explanation was yeah your crazy and you are wounding yourself. What is it called??? I guess I'll have to google it lol. The reason I bring this up is if every ran to the doctors the medical industry would call us all crazy.

Ah!! Morgellons disease!

edit on 5-10-2012 by masta12d because: Typo

Upon further contemplation of this humming, ringing.. I would be willing to describe it as our body's attempt to alert and notify us that our body feels and is terrified.. It sort of like a terror call..

p.s. Good point about Morgellon's D.
edit on 5-10-2012 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2012 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
In response to the ringing, I too, as well as my husband, have the same thing going on but in this post (woohoo...my FIRST!!) I'll just talk about my experiences.
The sounds abruptly began after an out-of-body experience I had almost a year ago. It's been constant ever since and increases in loudness/intensity quite often which is really a trip for me because I can clearly hear it above the pounding surf that goes on 24/7 here at the house. And, as with many of you, it seems to be worse as of late.
I can't say that it drives me crazy because I'm truly captivated by it and am interested in reading what others have to say as to what could be the cause. Oh yeah, when in bed, I can concentrate on it and sometimes will hear a faint clicking noise too. Click click.........click..........click click click............click.....etc., but only in my left ear and not all the time. Weird.
For me personally, I don't believe it's tinnitus because it's in both ears (tinnitus is usually in one ear) and I don't have hearing loss (tested yearly). I have not seen an MD for it and I'm likely not to.
Mine sounds like ciccadas in the trees... some or most of you may know what I mean. It's maybe not as harsh, kind of a "softer" sound, like a loud "HISSSSSSS", but at about the same pitch, or as one poster mentioned, sand flowing through an hourglass but multiply that sound a hundredfold.
The occasional very high pitch that many of the posters have reported having intermittently is also something I experience probably once every other day on average. A few weeks ago, I encountered a very low, bass-like hum in my right ear as well. Now that was an awakener!!! Never experienced that before or since.
To put icing on the cake, I was sitting at the computer a few months ago when all of a sudden, there was a "line" (for lack of a better term) about 3 cm wide, iridescent, and semi-transparent that I could see going down the page, vertically.
I was mesmerized by it. I kept reading from left to right and the "line" followed to the right and would return to the center when I began a new line. After a while, it remained to the right and I tried to "look" at it... it was almost like a bunch of crystals, stacked one upon the other, vertically in the right edge of my right eye. I kept scrutinizing it trying to figure out what the heck it could be. It was just beautiful. Iridescent crystals of blue/pink/yellow glimmering in my field of vision. Just awesome. This all lasted about 3 or 4 minutes and then it just disappeared.
I guess it has nothing to do with the OP but I felt compelled to throw it in. My gut feeling tells me that it wasn't a physical thing, but a spiritual one.
In closing, I'm happy to share that this new experience is actually ok with me, it beats my constant back pain by a longshot!!
I sincerely hope it's related to an elevated sense of being in tune with what's going on with the planet this year....
Love to all and thanks for the great thread...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan001
It seems that just about everybody is feeling a bit uneasy.

I only hope we are all under some mass delusion - but it is unlikely.

I live near a rich man's area. These people got everything from big houses to sports cars, and even HELICOPTERS.

A few weeks back I noticed something strange going in this area: Residents were taking their helicopters up in the air and back down. Some would even stay up super high in the sky like you you wouldn't normally see.

I think they were practicing how to board their helicopters in as fast as possible - like preparing for a sudden tsunami, or something along those lines.

This.

Pay attention to the ultra-rich. They will likely get word of something going down before we peons do. They move, YOU move (but tell us first k?)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Also sense were talking about the unexplained. The same time I started getting the sounds in my ear I have also seen little balls and streaks of light pass through or dance around my peripherals all the time. Don't laugh but only thing I can correlate it to is like little fairies flying about. Weird. At home, at work you name it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sometimes they will fly directly in front of me and if I focus on them they disappear like it knows its being watch lol. In that regard its probably just in my head. But why start now?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
And 11:11 man if I see 11:11 or any variation man. That makes me feel nuts. I don't think I missed 11:11 in the am or pm in a couple weeks. It's not like I see it coming. I just happen to look and bam 11:11.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
"Something is afoot and I can't pin point it"

Look down, it's that thing inside your shoe.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
"Something is afoot and I can't pin point it"

Look down, it's that thing inside your shoe.

Thank you for that. I was starting to wonder if I really was on ATS

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

Hopefully it's the omegapoint of the cosmogenesis of the noosphere and you're just upset and in mourning over the part of yourself that just has to go..

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Don't know how many of you have ever been to this thread,
but a lot of us get ear ringing before good sized earthquakes or smaller, closer ones.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mine have been ringing pretty loudly for over a half hour now.
There has been pretty steady activity in the Atlantic & Caribbean lately!
Also Central /South America.
With this many people having it, I would definitely say something is 'brewing'!

Here's an earthquake site if you want to see if your ringing matches up!

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Of course, all of you might not be 'earthquake sensitive'! There could be other reasons too.
Possibly even solar flares.
But it will be an interesting experiment to see what happens!
You'll have to see how far ahead of a quake it starts for you.

Before a couple of the really big quakes I was getting/giving huge shocks too.
The grandkids & cats were afraid to come near me!
And in the grocery store I wouldn't dare touch any cans or metal shelving.
I got zapped so badly that people ten feet away from me heard it & looked to see what it was!!!

Can't wait to see if some of you have 'it' too!!!
WOQ

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm just about Speechless. I'd had no inkling that my offhand question would hit a chord with so many people. This is outright disturbing now and has removed all doubt as to the idea there is something happening. This many people don't all hear the same thing in the same way and with similar variance in experience...without ever talking to one another or knowing anyone else exists with it...and call it a health issue or personal problem.

I'll add to what I've said by saying one of my instructors at the college was telling us in class Wednesday night that she'd been to the doctor twice in as many weeks with two full hearing battery tests. She was bringing it up as a complaint to the cost when the second matched the results of the first and it sounds like she could have the same experience so many are describing here.

I happen to have the dog whistle app on my Win phone as I'm sure many do and was playing with it earlier. Some tones it produces...the couple I can detect at all...come close. Those are flat though. Simple..and for lack of a better description, 2 dimensional. I mean, they are recorded, canned sound and the difference is important. The tone I've been hearing isn't flat or "2-D". The only way I can think to put it is..it's complex and multi-layered and I can't even articulate how I can know that. It just registers to me as being accurate in what I'm hearing.

* To the OP... THANK you for your tolerance and patience with what my little inquiry has done to define your thread. I'd have started a new one had I had any idea so many would have a moment of recognition and "Ah-Ha!" with the description. I don't know how serious this is...but sourcing it seems real important all the sudden. This all tells me we're hearing something legitimate and which must have a source to it. Somewhere... I can't help but think it's important to us all to know what that is.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I read stuff like this and i wanna go get a rifle for self defense. Not sure if its for wierdos with ear ringing or posr appocolytic society breakdown but whats the difference?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaedur
I read stuff like this and i wanna go get a rifle for self defense. Not sure if its for wierdos with ear ringing or posr appocolytic society breakdown but whats the difference?

Umm maybe I'm reading your post wrong but sounds like you just threatened like 80% of the people in this thread.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d

Originally posted by Vaedur

Umm maybe I'm reading your post wrong but sounds like you just threatened like 80% of the people in this thread.

I sent an alert! You are right but the trolls must be hungry.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Strange the flags are not showing
a mod maybe able to check it out ( not that it's important )

Yes I have sudden onset of ringing, sometimes intense. It can be quiet a shock and I don't think it's "painful" but painful comes to mind!!. Also have that sound that comes in ears after loud noise not sure how to describe it, but happens a lot even in noisy area?

A sense of uneasiness seems to be with a lot on ats, lets hope it's a product of the environment on ATS and nothing too disastrous for our world. Cool thread I've actually read all 5 pgs of it
s&f
edit on 5-10-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Calm down, drink tea, everything is unfolding naturally.

What a fuss. If we cannot live with mother nature then we should just give up now.

No sugar.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm sorry for coming into a conversation that I've had no part in, but I see no sensible way to insert myself gracefully. So I'm just coming in, sorry.

Interesting about the ringing of the ears. I wonder if the temporoparietal junction may have something to do with that. Perhaps relating to Neurotheology in a way. I can't remember what study it was that demonstrated a statistical anomaly for precognitive responses in humans, but perhaps the ringing of the ears are related?

The Temporoparietal junction is connected to all the senses in the brain homunculus. The Temporal Lobes connect to the visual and auditory parts I believe. I'd have to look into it again, but perhaps this could be related.

Earthquaks emit low levels of electromagnetic radiation. Even subtle changes of the electromagnetic fields for the brain in the temporal lobes can cause "sensations." Since the temporal lobes do connect to the auditory brain sections, perhaps these "Earth changes" are enough to affect some individuals.

I must admit I've never given it much thought, and I'm merely guessing "by the seat of my pants," but it is still interesting in its own way. I suppose time will tell what the results of these "premonitions" might be.

- The Grigori

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
At one time, given my skeptical nature, I would have said you should search out sources of stress, lack of restful sleep, and other problem areas in your life so as to hopefully eliminate such feelings. But now I say, don't obsess over such feelings... but don't ignore them. And don't limit your thoughts on what (if anything) it could mean to the world, but also consider more personal factors like your own loved ones. I never thought I'd give people such advice, and I'm still a skeptical person, but I can't escape the reality that sometimes these feelings appear to mean something and are well heeded.

I sincerely hope no loss of life or significant suffering is on the horizon. Peace and best wishes to everyone.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Grigori

Welcome to the thread. Some great input to consider. Thanks for *jumping in*. I knew you would get your feet wet soon from your intro thread. Glad you are here.....

Des

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join