It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is afoot and I can't pin point it

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Has anyone else been having periods of hearing a very high pitch tone/whine? It's almost like tinnitus or the ringing I'd get after shooting without good ear protection for some reason but without the marsh-mellow fuzzy aspect. it's just that very high high pitch whine and it comes and goes. More the last couple weeks than ever and I never noticed it at all until a month ago. The last week just seemed to be a lot more noticeable and my other half mentioned she's heard something too...prompting me to wonder if others may as well?

Oddly enough, yes. Was just thinking about that earlier today, to the extent of considering a visit to the doctor. Thought maybe I was having some kind of problem, as it has been happening quite a bit recently. Interesting.

edit on 4-10-2012 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

Well it got bad anoft that I took my hearing aid back to the clicnic to get them check out
and according to them their ok so were that sound coming from and i get it indoor and outdoor

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It started for me in about 2001 and the ringing has been steady for all of this year. I have tried everything to make it stop and nothing works not even seeing a doctor. Sometimes it is hardly there other times it is quit load. But i have read a lot about it online and it is becoming a world wide phenomenom.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grigori

Interesting about the ringing of the ears. I wonder if the temporoparietal junction may have something to do with that. Perhaps relating to Neurotheology in a way. I can't remember what study it was that demonstrated a statistical anomaly for precognitive responses in humans, but perhaps the ringing of the ears are

- The Grigori

Thanks for jumping in. If you remember the name of the study or can link to it I would be most grateful. Sounds plausible.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Thank you for your honesty and advice, much appreciated. I would love to say that I stopped obsessing about things but that would be a lie. I even made a commitment to stop being so pessimistic of the world and its direction 2 days ago. Went to bed, woke up and saw Turkey pounding Syria and I also hear a 4mi slick was just discovered over Mocando well in the gulf. *sigh*

I think I'm just an empath but on a collective scale. Who knows.
edit on 5-10-2012 by masta12d because: Typo

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralMishka
About 35 years ago I had an instance where I heard 'ringing' from the ground. One morning I awoke at about 6am on a already bright summer morning to the sound of intense ringing. I got up went outside and found a spot about 200 yards away where the noise was the loudest, it seemed to originate from under the ground in a large mostly vacant field. I hung around awhile expecting more people to hear this noise, but nobody came. After maybe 20 minutes or so it stopped. Later that day I checked with the local authorities to see if any strange noises were reported...none
Weird, it was just me. Years later, and more than once, I have had dreams that an invisible temple is on that ground where demonic spirits fly in and out

Speaking of dreams...Last night I had a dream of a natural disaster(Bay area CA?) that led to thousands having to flee their homes. It wasnt an earthquake, but rather a violent, quick tectonic shift that dramatically changed the topography of a sizable section of land

From the "Quake Watch 2012" thread, two days ago;.

There's a wicked quake coming to the Bay Area, California soon, I can feel it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by masta12d

Hopefully it's the omegapoint of the cosmogenesis of the noosphere and you're just upset and in mourning over the part of yourself that just has to go..

God bless whoever gave me a star for that comment as I deserved it it was that good, and funny! Glad to know someone "got it".

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I completely understand. I'm very empathetic toward others' suffering and it can become quite difficult to remain optimistic or even undepressed when you care even a little and look objectively at what's going on around us. There is a natural inertia toward pessimism for those who feel things intensely I think, unless frequently balanced by equally intense positive experiences or feelings. (And that can be hard to come by, sometimes.)

I know when I had those feelings, I couldn't shake them no matter how hard I tried. And then, much to my amazement, something actually happened. The skeptic in me wants to remind myself that it really could just be coincidence (as I say all the time, take things with a grain of salt.) But the subjective experience of it felt overwhelmingly like a warning. So I figure... what harm is there in at least listening to these feelings enough to be prepared and check in on the usual culprits (i.e. world events, family and friends' health, etc.) An ounce of prevention, and all.
edit on 10/5/2012 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d
I don't post very often and if you look at my profile I have been a member since almost the onset of this site. Anyways, I have a very sinking feeling. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum so I chose grey area.

I have a feeling that is totally undeniable and it is worrying me. I sense great harm and it feels natural like earthquake or volcano. Leaning towards volcano. Because of this I went to usgs.gov And noticed Kilauea just turned orange.

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

Honestly not sure if this is it, but something just doesn't feel right and last time this happened Katrina happened so I don't want to ignore my feeling.

You had a week and a half of mainstream media warnings before Katrina. It's not like hurricanes just show up unexpectedly. As far as what you are feeling now, I believe it's the eruption of the upcoming election crisis in the US. Which, btw, is just as natural as a volcano.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just to make some feel better. My grandparents always told me that if your ears are ringing that means someone is talking about ya.

Although my coke vending machines throws off a high pitch sound too..drives me nuts! But as far as any abnormalities, I haven't heard anything so far.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
With the whole alinement of the planets.
the strange weather everywhere its like when animals start acting different before a storm...
all the signs of nature point to somethang....people are seeing the moon in different places the sun isnt where it was last year at this time.
just keep watching.
its really been a defrent Karma this year

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If your ears aren't ringing, is that a good thing?
Tomorrow is Fleet Week. Navy jets are practicing all over the bay today.
And I can't see any volcanos from my yard.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This is the first thread I've felt compelled to reply to.

For years now I've had the 5 to 10 second tonal pitch happen in one ear, as though I've suddenly tuned into a radio frequency of some sort. This can happen up to twice a day and it now stops me in my tracks as I try to become aware of its source, almost instinctively.

For the last 8 months, I've also had the high pitched tone, which, although audible in the ears seems to emanate in the centre of my head. The tone can vary in pitch, oscillate and even increase and decrease in strength based on thought alone. As I sit here typing my reply it's as though a dial is being turned back and forth from 'low' to 'high' pitch. I truly believe that this is no medical condition. I've scoured the Internet looking for others who may be experiencing this with little success, hence my reply here.

I'm really at ease with this pitch too. Admittedly it can sometimes drive me to distraction when I try to sleep but I'm a great believer in that I'm part of something extraordinary, so I accept it. I've also been having lucid dreams aplenty recently that indicate change, be it personally or globally.

It's really comforting to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this. Thanks to everyone who has replied on here, I've really enjoyed reading all replies, nodding my head in agreement almost all the way through.

Exciting times indeed.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by UdonNiedtuno

Originally posted by sealing
Of course I know there is no scientific way to correlate
this ringing with Earth changes or dramatic happenings,
but it's really pronounced for me lately and I'm glad a few people
can relate to it and the feelings of some kind of event or change.

Does anyone else have the ringing mostly in one ear?
And then all of the sudden it'll get really loud for a few seconds
and I feel dizzy and as if the pressure
had just changed dramatically?
Just curious.

And I'm so glad you posted OP. You've been a member for a long time.
I appreciate threads from members like you.

I've had tinnitus since I was 11 (20 years). Only in my left ear, 4 doctors, 4 different diagnoses. Consensus is that I have to live with it, once I accepted this it has gotten much better, but it is ALWAYS there. With constant tinnitus it is all about perception.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that the above has happened to me a few times. The ringing will crescendo then I will be struck with fairly extreme vertigo and feelings of pressure changes.

To be clear, I have not noticed any significant changes recently. Though I have the weird feeling and there has been a scary number of random incidents in the past week where disaster preparedness has come up. I am going to Costco this weekend to supplement my food/water cache.

Well one day a few years back, my husband and I were in our office and suddenly he said "my ears just started ringing! I said "mine too! they never stopped! We both hear the same thing and most of the time when mine is worse his is also. So how can we have tinnitus. I am thinking many diagnosed do not!

This sound is different it is a high pitched sound not like the ones we hear all the time, and my husband does not hear it. I have been hearing more and more and it has lasted longer the last couple times. I am on the west coast btw.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Eat some food containing chili peppers or taco sauce. Both contain niacin. They can help the tinnitus. From drinking that much for a while your niacin reserves could be low, which means your potassium levels could be high. The Microbes in your gut have changed from normal and they are probably sugar craving ones. Maybe a little real yogurt might repopulate it with a more diverse species. Beer is also high in tyramines and your body is used to processing high levels. Eat some fermented food and gradually reduce it so the body doesn't get shocked and it keeps you from possibly getting the shakes. Fermented cheeses, smoked fish, real italian sausages, salt fish, etc... there are lots of them. There could be a lot more things also, quitting can cause a lot of adverse problems.
edit on 5-10-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I live 75 miles North of Detroit MI. I have been hearing some jet aircraft going over. I got up and went out side to see if I could tell what they were. Now, I am no expert, but I know an A 10 when I see one. They fly in pairs. I seen them going north to south early in the day, 10 am, then back north about 5 pm. And they are haulin ass..really burnin the fuel. Not run of the mill stuff for around here. We have a National Guard base in northern MI. but don't see these plane's unless there is an air show in Flint.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Something is afoot and I can't pin point it

Found it.

I think this is more like it

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I hear a sound thats NOT a ring, but sounds JUST LIKE sand in an hourglass after you flip it and its in both ears.

Hey!! I hear that sound in my right ear, but usually only when/if I put my finger or hand on the very lowest point of my face.. near my wisdom tooth [but on the outside of course]. Coincidentally [or maybe not] I had my wisdom tooth extracted yesterday.. the right lower one because it was causing me grief and I don't hear the 'sand' sound today.. yet. But I heard that for a couple yrs off & on.

I do get the high pitched ringing, and though I take medication, APAP isn't one of them. I do know from past experiences that too much APAP is known to be one cause of ringing in the ears, but it can't be the only one. Many Drs will suspect APAP first though.. probably to rule that out..?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Wow....I was thinking it was just me! Thank you, OP, its amazing so many are hearing this.

2nd

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Also sense were talking about the unexplained. The same time I started getting the sounds in my ear I have also seen little balls and streaks of light pass through or dance around my peripherals all the time.

^ Sounds like possible high blood pressure
, however.. I'm not a physician so please don't take what I say as medical advice.. though I would get that checked at your next appt., or even one of the pharmacy(s) that have the machine. But then, maybe you take your own BP
. I don't want to assume.

I do hope your bad feelings go away soon.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

This caught my attention,as here in South Africa where i live,this whole valley is the caldera of a huge "dead" volcano ( :-) sorry that sounds stupid,bt the correct term slips my mind now.) I have had,for more than a year,occasionaly a very shrill electronic whine,in both ears,the first time i flinched,it felt like it went right through my brain,almost painful.There is the more frequent one too,which is a ringing in one ear at a time,thats bn picking up lately.I hear oscillating+buzzing sounds too,sometimes instead of ringing.In my case i dont think it has to do with lava flow as such,as there has never bn the slightest indication this volcano is awakening,but there Is a lot of deep underground activity here,we live on a small goldmine,one owned by the company that also owns one of the oldest producing goldmines in the world,Sheba mine,few miles up the road.Thing is,ive lived here for almost nine years,and only started getting my ear thing bt 16 months ago,to such an extent that ive Realy started noticing it.This has been an insanely active year for me,as regards to my connection with the metaphysical/spiritual realm,so i do think think it may be due to a mixture of factors.Im not knocking the lava theory,just,it could be a combination of things causing it,physical and non-physical.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join