It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Barack Obama Throw The Presidential Debate? Could He Know Something We Don't?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

I felt the need to respond to that, and this isn't on topic but: Jordan won 3 MVPs and 3 championships after coming back, he was as good a player just not quite as athletic because he was a bit older.

And to bring it back on topic, maybe this is where Obama needs to improve. As related in a post above, the White House has an energy draining effect on presidents. Maybe Obama doesn't have it in him anymore to make high energy and passionate speeches, and has to remake his game a bit in the same way as Jordan. He can be equally as effective with a somewhat adjusted strategy toward level headedness and a reserved attitude, trying to paint himself as the wiser and more experienced of the two. Letting the game come to him.

But Jordan could still slam it and make the highlight reel when he needed to, and I suspect so can Obama.
edit on 10/4/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I wish only the the people who know the specific number of laws that exist in America should be permitted to vote for more lawmakers.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Nobody knows how many laws there are, not even the Government. I'll link you to a lengthy post I made on the subject recently if you wish. But it might take me awhile to find the time to dig it out. Or you can simply Google "How many laws are there" and get an answer too.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
maaan...nice thread dude

it WAS obvious he didnt care about winning

he kept speaking nice about romney...while romney rode him

watching it i was like.."cmon obama..get him"..then he would smile and turn his head??

something is iffy,,...could be - would obama want to be in charge of america during WW3...pressured at every turn to do the wrong move...at least with romney, the republican industry owners will foot the bill

peace

america was blessed for 4 years...i think it about to revert back to the nutty foriegn policy america again

edit on 4-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Maybe Barack and Michelle want to move in to their new $35 million dollar Hawaiian retirement palace ASAP.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Obama did as well as he could given the last four years. He's lucky they managed to keep the topics focused on Romney. Romney did well but it was all defense as he spent the entire time countering Obama's claims.
Obama has little to stand on. He has six trillion dollars in additional debt and a disastrous mess with that 1400 page galumping dirigible of a health care bill. He's got piss poor job numbers and has spent the majority of time on the golf course. He's taken more vacations than any president in history but has gone an entire term without a budget being passed. He went 49 weeks without ever talking to the majority leader in the house of representatives. His administration apologized AGAIN after terrorists murdered his ambassador. He simply hasn't done his job so how can he stand on his record.

The only counter to Romney's ideas is"not enough detail" on his plans. Romney should have quoted that psycho Pelosi when she said "You have to pass the bill so you can find out what's in it." Of the 1400 pages of the health care bill.

Face it, Obama shouldn't have walked out of that debate under his own power as much as his record is stacked against him but even Romney didn't call him on the worst of it.

If you want to know who was holding back, it was the Republicans.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by NeoVain

Presidents don't just resign though. Well, one did... but that wasn't exactly his first choice. You can quit an office job. You can even quit an executive job. Heck you can even step down as CEO of a major corporation - and history will forget. But to just wake up one day and say "Ya know, this President thing? Just not a good fit. Here's my two weeks?" History will remember that for as long as there is history.

It's just NOT that simple a thing to do.

~Heff

That is true if it where to happen during his term, however i am talking about the end of his term here, as it now happens to be the end of his first term. One term is 4 years, afterall, after that you can choose to fight to get 4 more years, or you can choose to resign. Since choosing to resign is so rare though, i understand your concern.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

oh..so the deficit was doubled by the stimulous package!!

THEN WHY NOT SAT THAT.....whats wrong with him...

all he had to say was "i had to stimulate the economy because your party killed it"... then i would blag that they lied to the people about how the economy was...i would say..."based on your information...i knew i could half the deficit...but when i got into power, i could see how big the mess really was"

he needs to learn how to spin and blag a tiny bit lol

thats IF he wants the job...i dont think he does anymore....i think hes tired of the bickering and treason.
when hes gone, republicans will regret not helping his little four years....he was helpng the workforce..their workforce

peace

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Are you still gnawing on that bone? Even though the only source for it is a blog? C'mon now. There's plenty to attack Obama with that isn't made up or fictional. It doesn't serve the opposition to Obama when the waters get muddied with this stuff.

I believe in the system ( or the theory of the system at least, not the broken reality it happens to currently be ) and that system relies upon facts and the ability compare them. These sorts of allegations don't help the process, they poison it. Birther stuff, Obama phones, blog based mansion smears... none of it is worthy of American politics - any more than is picking on Romney because he chooses to be Mormon or has family in Mexico. It's all distraction and noise.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by Athin

I felt the need to respond to that, and this isn't on topic but: Jordan won 3 MVPs and 3 championships after coming back, he was as good a player just not quite as athletic because he was a bit older.

And to bring it back on topic, maybe this is where Obama needs to improve. As related in a post above, the White House has an energy draining effect on presidents. Maybe Obama doesn't have it in him anymore to make high energy and passionate speeches, and has to remake his game a bit in the same way as Jordan. He can be equally as effective with a somewhat adjusted strategy toward level headedness and a reserved attitude, trying to paint himself as the wiser and more experienced of the two. Letting the game come to him.

But Jordan could still slam it and make the highlight reel when he needed to, and I suspect so can Obama.
edit on 10/4/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

He didnt win any championships with the Wizards. He was mediocre. Just like Obama.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
if romney wins

the only good thing i could say is:

at least it isnt Swarchenegge and Palin...lol

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Agreed to one extent or another. But I'm not addressing who won or lost the debate - or who even should have. I am addressing the anomaly that a person performed so far below their potential in such a high profile setting. It's like PBS giving a special to some opera singer and him coming out sounding like a reject from an American Idol tryout show.

To me it's unusual. It's possible, and there are a myriad of explanations. I'm just noting that it is off. Obama won a peace prize before he ever did anything! That's how charismatic the guy is - or is capable of being. Something the right points out a lot. THAT guy coming across like a first time candidate for local office? Strange stuff.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

he doesnt want the job.....im thinking its got to be for these two things:

1) republican industry owners boycotting obama...the economy and employment.

2) unnecassary pressure from the jewish lobbies that want to use the US army to fight their wars

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

oh..so the deficit was doubled by the stimulous package!!

THEN WHY NOT SAT THAT.....whats wrong with him...

all he had to say was "i had to stimulate the economy because your party killed it"... then i would blag that they lied to the people about how the economy was...i would say..."based on your information...i knew i could half the deficit...but when i got into power, i could see how big the mess really was"

he needs to learn how to spin and blag a tiny bit lol

thats IF he wants the job...i dont think he does anymore....i think hes tired of the bickering and treason.
when hes gone, republicans will regret not helping his little four years....he was helpng the workforce..their workforce

peace

And if he said that all Romney would have to say is "You knew exactly how bad the economy was and you're lying to the American public when you said you didn't. The reason atleast 2 of your economic advisors stepped down was because they were tired of your lies. You had access to every bit of information and either you A.) didn't understand it or B.) understood it and choose to lie about it"

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

thats IF he wants the job...i dont think he does anymore....i thikn hes tired of the bickering and treason

peace

No. He wants that second term. It's not just about the four years pay and a big house in DC. It's about being what the billionaires need him to be. He needs the second term to score big. That's not a shot at Obama. That's any president that has been backed by big money. And they're all backed by big money nowdays.

The things I noted above are simply what has happened during Obama's term. He cannot run on his record. Nobody can. Obama's a good orator but not a debater. That's just not one of his strong points.
Like I said, he kept Romney defending himself which was about all he could do.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Historical accuracy moment.... the stimulus was bipartisan and revisionist history doesn't serve the common cause.

The Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 (Pub.L. 110-185, 122 Stat. 613, enacted February 13, 2008) was an Act of Congress providing for several kinds of economic stimuli intended to boost the United States economy in 2008 and to avert a recession, or ameliorate economic conditions. The stimulus package was passed by the U.S. House of Representatives on January 29, 2008, and in a slightly different version by the U.S. Senate on February 7, 2008. The Senate version was then approved in the House the same day.[1] It was signed into law on February 13, 2008 by President Bush with the support of both Democratic and Republican lawmakers. The law provides for tax rebates to low- and middle-income U.S. taxpayers, tax incentives to stimulate business investment, and an increase in the limits imposed on mortgages eligible for purchase by government-sponsored enterprises (e.g., Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac). The total cost of this bill was projected at $152 billion for 2008.

The actions did not begin with Obama, though he did follow suite with similar measures in 2009 and 2010.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This was addressed over at Common Sense Conspiracy today. Some interesting facts for sure.

Does President Obama Want to Win the Election? Laskluster Debate Performance Sparks Speculation

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Personally, I think Obama may be just tired of the job of POTUS, burnout if you will. Between the economy, massive debt, various ME problems, he just might have had it with all the BS. He may be more than happy to hand over the keys to Romney and let him have all the fun. Plus he will make skads more dosh on the ex-POTUS speaking tour ala Bill Clinton.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I am addressing the anomaly that a person performed so far below their potential in such a high profile setting.
~Heff

Seriously Heff.
He did as well as he could with what he's got to defend. He's an orator. Not a debater. I don't see it as an anomaly. It's just the basic facts.
He has been set up on a pedestal by the media and we all just saw Obama the person instead of the media presented ideal.

Like I said. He did fine just to keep Romney defending himself. If it had been a chess match, he'd have managed a stalemate.
edit on 4-10-2012 by badgerprints because: spelling

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
since this is JUST,Skunkkworks...

We are aloud to really get crazy in our ideals...

SO...

IF the Establishment, wanted Obama, out for the Republicans, it means war is coming..

Since history tells us, Republicans are better warmongers...

I don't really think Obama, is a loser thou...

Yet if he did lose the POTUS, he won't be hurtin..

Maybe his ego a lil..

I agree with allot of the other members opinions thou, Obama, was polished and overhyped by the media, he was sold to us as: The smartest, greatest, president ever who if we hoped hard enough, could CHANGE, our politics.. Well, guess what....

Allot of Americans, learned it takes more then hope to put food on the table...

Well give em credit, he is a good illusionist..

He may just been a one term president just to get obamacare in the system who knows..

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join