It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Barack Obama Throw The Presidential Debate? Could He Know Something We Don't?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Listened to the spin today they also said it was part of the plan "the underdog plan" the come back kid, and that he will "prevail over overwhelming odds" .

edit on 4-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyxDaliGee

Im leaning towards he has something on his mind there. I saw parts of the Debate and thought Obam looked preoccupied. Look at this link: ______beforeitsnews/alternative/2012/10/what-happened-to-the-white-house-schedule-2474640.html
These charts look legit. ( No, haven't double-checked yet, but) His last posted stop is in Denver?! Isn't that where the Gov elite are going to run this country from when SHTF? Or am I just being Paranoid? His Itenarary looks empty after going to Colorado...... Just Creepy is all. Later, Syx.

This is my take....as to what was on Barack Obama's mind during the debate.

Honestly believe that President Obama was terrified that the Republicans were holding an "ace of trump" in addition to the recently released video of Obama's 2007 Roanoke Virginia speech.

He knew he couldn't bring up Bain Capital, because Romney would have pointed out that a half dozen prominent democrats and business people had already come out against the Democrats trying to make that an issue...because there was NOTHING there.

He had to stand there sheepishly looking downward when Romney scolded him that he literally burned $90 BILLION with a "B"...on so called green energy, "incidentally"....to people who were major donors to his campaign. And that that $90 BILLION could have hired 2 million teachers.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Comeback strategies work awesome if your name is Clinton - for anyone else... not so much. I wonder if Obamas handlers might have missed that bit? Clinton was also charismatic, but not in the same way as Obama. Clinton was more the guy next door... the neighbor you might invite over for a beer and discuss football with ( at least in image ). Obama is more in the charismatic arena of a preacher type. He's got charisma - but the type that doesn't make him feel like "one of the guys". He's more Tony Robbins than Tony Hawk.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

What if President Obama has learned something in the past several days that has made him not want to be in office come next January? Something profound. Like updated numbers on the economy? Insider info on some soon to burst bubble that could sink us back, or even further than the previous ones? A coming major war? China calling in it's "chips" with us soon....

You are missing the obvious here. If he didn´t want to be in office, he could just choose to resign, he wouldnt even have to spend money on his campaign and fight so hard saying things like he actually wants to be in office like he do all the time.

No the truth is far simpler, when put in any kind of situation where he have to answer "on the fly" without his teleprompter he is far less impressive then when prepped by his personal groomers.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Really do not know what is going on maybe he believes his own press coverage or the fact that it will take a miracle for Romney to get the needed electoral votes.

Either way as much as I don't like him, not seeing a Romney victory sure I hope he wins but .....
edit on 4-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Presidents don't just resign though. Well, one did... but that wasn't exactly his first choice. You can quit an office job. You can even quit an executive job. Heck you can even step down as CEO of a major corporation - and history will forget. But to just wake up one day and say "Ya know, this President thing? Just not a good fit. Here's my two weeks?" History will remember that for as long as there is history.

It's just NOT that simple a thing to do.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I thought the conspiracy theory was going to be something more like, since Obama recently switched from text to in-person intelligence briefings the person doing the briefings has been neural-lingistically-programming Obama to fail.

I've read about these NLP svengalis with their anchors and triggers and their endless calibration. An intel briefing with all those foreign names and pronunciations, and the requirement of a daily in person briefing and such would be the perfect platform.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

So you should throw something away when its broken and cant be fixed?

you mean like religeon?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

At the start of the debate Obama addressed his wife with a "Happy Anniversary" and then said "...next year I wont be saying this in front of 40 million people..."

Does this ad validity to your hypothesis?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bkfd54

I didn't catch that!

Could future ATS'ers refer to that moment as the closest thing to "disclosure" we'll ever get regarding a fixed political process???

If Obama loses? I think those words might become quite famous.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by bkfd54

I didn't catch that!

Could future ATS'ers refer to that moment as the closest thing to "disclosure" we'll ever get regarding a fixed political process???

If Obama loses? I think those words might become quite famous.

~Heff

No, it could simply mean that he won, or he didn't. Further more, it shows that he enjoys his privacy with his family.
edit on 4-10-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

According to the Warren commission Oswald acted alone.

My point was not to suggest it to be so, but to state that, if it comes to pass, future ATS'ers might latch onto it as something to ponder.

You do realize we're still debating whether or not men went to the moon 'round these parts right?

~Heff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkfd54

At the start of the debate Obama addressed his wife with a "Happy Anniversary" and then said "...next year I wont be saying this in front of 40 million people..."

Does this ad validity to your hypothesis?

I thought he was simply saying that next year there would be no debates taking place (win or lose) in front of 40m people.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I was thinking the same thing this morning. Maybe he was uninterested because he knows it doesn't matter because something big is about to go down and soon.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Also while reading your post I got to thinking who in their "right minds" would actually want to be president right now anyway. I certainly can't imagine it but maybe that's just me!

I can't understand why someone who is a mufti-millionaire would even want the job. Why would anyone want to be under that kind of daily stress? Let alone, running all around the country giving speeches and spending most of your time in planes and hotels.

I think it really all comes down to wanting POWER and being in control. Heck, if I was a mufti-millionaire, I would be traveling around the world and sipping on a margarita on a boat somewhere.
The last thing I would want to do is get involved in politics.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Lol, it's politics.

It's also called The Rocky Effect. In the beginning, the Champion is getting beat up pretty badly. The morale of his fans are down....but what's that? In the end he picks up and wins the fight.

That's what is happening here.

Common sense, really.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I figured it out...

According to the Popal Vuh...the 9 Mayan Gods return Dec 21, 2012 so all world leaders will be out of their jobs in 78 days (well 79 if you count the 21st). Obama just got the news brief before anyone else did...why debate when you know you will be the last Pres no matter who wins an election?

Hahaha...

This conversation got too serious man! I had to go there!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't go as far as saying Obama threw the debate, but I certainly believe it was the Democrat strategy to let Romney go off the hinge and not only hope to catch him in his lies and flip flopping to use in the weeks to come, but also set Romney up so he doesn't really have anywhere to go from here. Whether it's politics, or sports, or whatever, when you come out real hot like that it's hard to keep the momentum going.

I could totally see Romney keeping the strong debating going but it will be tough for him, I think, to keep up the high octane rhetoric, especially since a lot of it seemed to be contrary to what he has been saying thus far on the campaign trail. As far as fact checking goes, neither of them were very honest last night. Not surprising. But I don't think Obama threw the thing, just set the bar quite low. And I'm by no means making excuses for either of them because I despise them both and have since before 2008.

Obama's campaign has already released an ad with clips from the debate criticizing Romney, they must have worked on it all night. I'm not sure if that would be damage control or they had that planned all along and got what they were waiting for. I guess it depends on what news network you are on.

I'm just excited to see how the rest of it turns out. I've stated this on other threads, but I've thought since 08 that Romney would be the guy to lose to Obama this time around - but I really will not be surprised if Romney wins. I would rather have Romney win then Obama, because I cannot wait to see what people come up with to try and defend him when nothing changes in Washington and our country slips further into chaos. It's going to happen, neither of them have touched on any issue that will actually fix what ails this country. We are headed for troubled times, no matter who sits in the Oval Office.

Anywho, still voting for Gary Johnson or Jill Stein come Nov 6.
edit on 4-10-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Legacy. Off hand I believe the estimated number of humans to have ever lived is somewhere in the thirteen to fourteen billion range.

Of those? Forty-four have been US Presidents.

We still remember Caesar, Cleopatra, Ramses...

Anyone a bit older has probably noticed that folks tend to go into the White House looking pretty fit and attractive - and tend to come out looking more like hospital patients. The gig obviously is detrimental to the health. All I can guess is that the price of being eternal is giving up a good chunk of this life.

Oddly the one exception that spring to mind is Carter. Last time I paid attention he still looked pretty good for an old guy. And possibly Bush 43, though I haven't been keeping tabs on him lately.

Oh, Cheney looks good - but he wasn't POTUS and he's a cyborg anyway.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I did not read all the replies so I'll just throw this out there.
The man reads every single thing before saying it. He is so used to having a teleprompter in front of him, that even when he was in front of a 6th grade class, he had to use one. I don't believe he threw the debate at all. I think that using a prompter for 4 straight years has caused him to get rusty. Kind of like when Jordan retired and came back.... Was never the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join