It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Barack Obama Throw The Presidential Debate? Could He Know Something We Don't?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
(I've put this in Skunkworks because it is speculation and a conversation about that speculation.)

Hi ATS! During the course of the night, I've been here, watching the threads, and watching the debate. My perspective of it is probably uncommon. I witnessed this debate through the eyes of a person who was a staunch Republican for most of his life, got disillusioned with it all during the second term of Bush 43, and ended up, by default, voting Democratic this past go around. So I will concede that my views are a weird mix of right, left, and centrist.

Claims that I am seeking to make excuses for Obama might arise. I can assure you, that is not my intention here. I don't plan on voting for him. I fell for "Hope" once already. I hoped and it didn't work. Neither do I plan to vote for Romney. Just to make things clear up front.

As I watched the debate ( paying more attention to the computer than the debate itself, thus experiencing it more on a auditory than a visual level ) I began to wonder how a man who is known for his charismatic speaking skills could sound so mediocre. Whether you like the guy or hate him... you have to give credit where credit is due. And, when it comes to public speaking, Barack Obama is a rock star.

So how did this guy....

End up this guy?

This is what I've spent my entire night trying to figure out.

Was Obama under the weather? Was he preoccupied? Bad day? Does nearly four years in the White House just wipe a person out? Valid question, George W got a bit iffy after the first term....I mean, as POTUS he may well have gotten some classified information about something or other, pre-debate, that could have really troubled him. A lot of "if"s.

Then I began to wonder if maybe Romney lulled Obama in by having a spell of negative press before the debate, thus lulling Obama into a false sense of confidence. I found myself being pretty impressed with Romney ( in regard to this debate and on a psychological level if he did pull a little Machiavelli maneuver. ) Anyone who can play social chess that well is formidable.

That's when my imagination kicked in and concepts began to form....

What if President Obama has learned something in the past several days that has made him not want to be in office come next January? Something profound. Like updated numbers on the economy? Insider info on some soon to burst bubble that could sink us back, or even further than the previous ones? A coming major war? China calling in it's "chips" with us soon....

As POTUS the man does have access to things we do not, nor could not. Military, fiscal, social, scientific... the whole ball of wax. What if he learned something recently that has caused him to make the political decision that it's better to lose this time around? And what might that something be?

If you let it sink in for a few minutes.... it actually gets pretty chilling. Speculation. Sure. Of course. But not undo speculation. The guy lost at the one game he's good at. This is his wheelhouse. And he didn't just los at it. He lost by TKO. This is like Tyson/Douglas, politically speaking. Romney's always had a bit of an Achilles heel where public speaking goes....

Very strange indeed. Maybe a quirk. Maybe Romney was simply the better speaking today. But food for thought at least....

WSY ATS? Does something seem awry here?

~Heff

edit on 10/4/12 by Hefficide because: one for clarity and one for a typo - edit two times, I'm going away ( My Doors tribute for the night )

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
imho Obama has been overhyped from the start. I neve thought of him as that impressive a speaker. to me he has always been overrated, and had the advantage of a lapdog media tossing softballs (he did an interview with Univision last week that clearly flustered him). it' easy to play Absolom and proclaim all the wonderful things you'd do IF you were in charge, another thing to have an actual record (and a poor one) to defend.
the conservative media I've been listening too (Limbaugh, O'Reilly) has suggested Obama was thin skinned and woud flounder if seriously challenged. so it was.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I realize it's just speculation but it does make sense and you are right, he would know things we currently do not so it's certainly possible.

I won't be voting for either Obama or Romney but I have to admit that whatever the reason, Obama did not seem up to par. Certainly he lacked his usually charismatic styling. Romney did quite well, although I don't like him at all and I find him very disingenuous. I can't tell you why, just one of those things.

Also while reading your post I got to thinking who in their "right minds" would actually want to be president right now anyway. I certainly can't imagine it but maybe that's just me!

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

No teleprompter. He has looked bad several times when he was without one. He's great with a script and he can rehearse with a mirror.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Saying Obama had a bad night/debate makes me feel like I am being silly and blind. On the surface, thats what it appears to be.

Which makes me think there are tactics going on here.

I see several routes that could be the case, from intentionally throwing for more viewership before the big guns come out (leaning towards this), to maybe something physical.
However, if I recall the 08 debates, Obama was calm and collected, similar to tonight, and McCain was angry and all sorts..which is not dissimilar to Romney..Romney however was able to articulate it better than McCain, so it didn't seem as awkward.

It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

Then again..Obama may simply have not been expecting such a strong debate. Debates aren't about the facts, but how its presented...its american idol of policy..and you need more than decent lyrics, you need to hold a tune.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I found myself talking to the TV the whole time, and I've just finished sober day 5... Romney stomped on Obama, even though neither one of them could really answer anything.

There was one part and I could tell Obama wasn't trying to lose.
The moderator completely shut down Romney one time.
Did you see Obama's Crazy cartoon smile after that?
He was smiling the whole next answer after that... It was a relief, you could see the pressure lift, if but for a little while.

I can just, imagine, him.. Writing a, Paper, In College, AnnnnndD, Never really running out of commas, ANNNNDD, His teacher, umm, She would say, Stop pausing, after every 3 words, ANNNNDD, Here we are...

Originally posted by Miri08
Also while reading your post I got to thinking who in their "right minds" would actually want to be president right now anyway. I certainly can't imagine it but maybe that's just me!

It is a little scary isn't it? It's like natural selection for creating a disaster.
edit on 10/4/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Im leaning towards he has something on his mind there. I saw parts of the Debate and thought Obam looked preoccupied. Look at this link: ______beforeitsnews/alternative/2012/10/what-happened-to-the-white-house-schedule-2474640.html
These charts look legit. ( No, haven't double-checked yet, but) His last posted stop is in Denver?! Isn't that where the Gov elite are going to run this country from when SHTF? Or am I just being Paranoid? His Itenarary looks empty after going to Colorado...... Just Creepy is all. Later, Syx.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I listened to it live here in Aus at work so only audible as well..
I dont get the normal news Americans do on Obama or Romney, i only hear his speeches when I youtube them.
And to be honest, I thought Obama won, I thought he did really well. Romney did well too.. But I felt Obama was more down to earth and honest than Romney.

Even Australian news channels are saying Romney won.

If your theories right but, you'll see more negative press come out about Obama in the coming days.

Maybe he's being blackmailed? Isn't a real president meant to relish the chance to save their nation not shrink from it ?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SyxDaliGee

I got a real bad feeling.... I mentioned on another thread, a couple people I know seem to be acting odd real suddenly after I got to checking through my messages and other sites. What the hell though? I don't believe I've seen White House schedules just go straight blank as if they were all sick at the same time or something.... They seem to be expecting they'll want to be in and occupied with something for a few days. Where is Panetta and the rest of the National Command Authority types? If they're ALL becoming scarce about now, with Obama and Biden both....I'd say the balloon is all full and about to go up.

I wonder what things look like in Libya at the moment? There could have been something big happening while the debate was running for all we know or may ever know.

If this is the start, at least the anticipation is past. That's almost been worse than what comes next if someone is about to do something rash over in that region..or already has. Hmm.. That collapsing cavern of butane gas is also getting worse in Louisiana the last I heard from someone living in that general area. I hope that's not what has him off on another planet.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

hen again..Obama may simply have not been expecting such a strong debate. Debates aren't about the facts, but how its presented...its american idol of policy..and you need more than decent lyrics, you need to hold a tune.
reply to post by SaturnFX

This is the problem..........the debates SHOULD be about facts........

Your acceptance and touting about how it ISNT about facts is the problem.......

This should not be passed off as acceptable .....

What the hell is the matter with you America if you believe and think like this.........

Saturn , this whole sentence was self justified like it was "self evident" ......seriously?

MY GOD..........I am glad that most of America doesnt think like this......or we would be doomed forever...........

IT IS about facts, ......IT IS about logic........

The Democratic party is hoping they ALL think like YOU.........your post is a prime example!

WAKE UP America.........IT IS about truth, IT IS about leadership.........ITS NOT about rhetoric.......and dont you DARE let anyone lull you to sleep thinking anything else........

Saturn you should be ASHAMED of yourself..........your motive is clear now............

edit on 4-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
My guess would be that Obama after some years realise that his job is about basicly ''smiling and giving nice speeches'' (written by others) and that he hardly got control on stuff.

No wonder he seems without real energy/passion.. Like Bush, (also) looked like a clown, I guess it's like a clown's job, to entertain the people.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I remember my gf making me watch vids of Bush junior that were exactly the same.

Sharp and smart when young and not yet POTUS, then insanely dumb and unable to string a sentence together.
Suspect much.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Who wants to be the train driver that takes the train over the cliff?

Neither of them apparently.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Your theory is pretty interesting.

On another thread I proposed the idea that maybe Obama gave a subpar performance on purpose so that the election would tighten up a bit and be in question for a few weeks. Most projections have Obama as the clear winner currently, and maybe he figured a poll or two with Romney in the lead or closer might ensure a high turnout from the Dem base similar to 08.

Sort of a message to his voters not to take the election for granted.

Your theory is as good as mine or better, I think.

We'll see how he does in the next two debates and upcoming weeks in general. Time should tell whether it was an off night, a political ploy designed in his favor, or a first step in discreetly losing on purpose.

I was going to make the point that there are easier ways to throw an election than some mediocre debating, but realized most of those would result in a severely tarnished legacy.

Edit: Another possibility is that the Obama campaign has some ace in the pocket on Romney that guarantees a win and a stellar performance wasn't needed.

And also, he really wasn't THAT bad. He certainly didn't lose the election last night. He just didn't live up to his own standards.
edit on 10/4/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The POTUS has seemed awfully jolly outside of important debates and WORK. Out in public on the streets smiling WIDELY and you can see it in his face that he is very happy for some reason. Maybe he either knows already that he will lose to be the president again or maybe that he has no desire to be president anymore and is choosing to throw in the towel on his own accord in his own way and is relieved. He is a human after all. Speculative suggestion - of course.

Edit: Add on

I am liking Obama better speaking in this tone and state for some reason. He seems more humble and patient IMO
On another note... If Romney rudely speaks over and interrupts the speaker one more time he should get rusty harpoon thrown at his face.
edit on 4-10-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyxDaliGee

Im leaning towards he has something on his mind there. I saw parts of the Debate and thought Obam looked preoccupied. Look at this link: ______beforeitsnews/alternative/2012/10/what-happened-to-the-white-house-schedule-2474640.html
These charts look legit. ( No, haven't double-checked yet, but) His last posted stop is in Denver?! Isn't that where the Gov elite are going to run this country from when SHTF? Or am I just being Paranoid? His Itenarary looks empty after going to Colorado...... Just Creepy is all. Later, Syx.

You might not be too far off the mark here....as most of the central and important Gov agencies have recently relocated there..Im not kidding, they're gettin the hell off the east coast. This is not a coincidence by any measure...this was a planned action for sure.

As to why that is? good question, one could speculate that this is the result of a global threat that is not man made..think about it. We've been in wars before...did they have to relocate agencies to the middle states (higher elevations at that)? I do not perceive this as just another threat from another country. Heff is right...Obama does know something he's not spewin...and it has more to do with things out of our control than whats in our control.

This country has been spending money left and right without regard to limits. The Fed has been ousted as having a few trillion dollar hole in their budget sheets as if it walked away on its own with no accountability.....but i tell you that it is indeed not missing, but was applied to fund something out of our eyes and under our noses.

With the current state of global economies it would be safe to assume that Europe and other western nations are in on it. Look at the bigger picture here guys....think bigger...think global. If Im right....this is orchistrated for a reason that we are not privy to....yet I have my opinions. I do not think this is a man made threat....personally I think we're all screwed and we just don't know it yet. Mother Nature is pissed....and we're about to find out just how pissed.

The clues are subtle at best...and this was one of them.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Since this Skunkworks and I can indulge in the rare pleasure of speculation here... This discussion brings to mind things I read in my late teens and early twenties regarding the predictions of the "sleeping prophet" - Edgar Cayce and remembered that he predicted huge changes in the earth that would leave the US looking like this:

Am I a believer? Not really. But if there is a trend as stated above, this was the first thing that came to my mind when it was referenced.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SyxDaliGee

Ohh I forgot about Denver. I see the connection you are making there. ..

That is kinda creepy is you look at it on that plane. Eh, or not? But intriguing to think about.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I'm sure the PTB have retired barry ,
and mitt's the only other choice .
it must be very frustrating to have an answer
to america's woes , but not be allowed to mention it .
maybe mitt will be allowed to enlighten youall ,

and i'll be waiting for the call !

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
we'll find out this weekend.

ya, God is pissed at humanity in general i believe.

society is corrupting our kids, i wouldn't put up just with that if i was God.

you can stick your head in the sand and believe God doesn't exist.

many civilizations have tried it, and look how they ended up.

man is not meant to be God, or rule another human being as God.

just live and be peaceful to one another. i think that's just basically what God wants.

stop hurting each other. what do you do with something thats broken and refuses to be fixed.

usually you throw it away.
edit on 4-10-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join