It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho, I am just going to stop posting on ATS if your in thread, I feel so stupid reading your words, than looking at mine, as I meant to say somthing along the lines of what you so elequently state, but it comes out more like" I hit her with rock, now she mine, ug ug ug".

The same goes for Des and Benrl, if only I had half the ability to manipulate the english language, I would have taken over this entire planet by now.

Good show guys, I am jealous as all hell of your wordsmithery.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gainsayer
I find it pathetic this made the news, personally. Bullying isn't nationally pandemic, but obesity sure is. Sorry, eat till your heart is content, that is your right. Just don't expect others to act like it should be normal and acceptable. It isn't. I think some healthy ridicule would do a lot of overweight people some good.

I also dislike that she tried to cloud the real issue by bringing children and "awareness" into the mix....nothing like a little play on emotions to divert attention from her lack of personal responsibility. I guess this is what all news has become though....a sideshow of irrelevant garbage instead of reporting on real issues.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Gainsayer because: (no reason given)

pssst...it's an election year (or countless other reasons) distraction.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Why are thin people not fat?

Think you know it all? Think again ...

PS ... all those people who have never had a weight problem that pick on those that do and act so smug and superior - I hope you get fat one day! Nothing will shut your trap faster than experiencing it for yourself! ...

Karma ...
edit on 3-10-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by abeverage

Yes, that was an applause of total agreement.....

Des

Just check'n thanks Des!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012

BUT the people who exercise there butts off to not get in that situation in the first place and truly bust butt to keep from getting obese never get any props at all from the masses everyone always assumes its their genetics when a lot of times its not. Its people who refused to make excuses and ate and exercised right so they would not look like your average couch potato!

edit on 3-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

And this is so true. Im so sick of people thinking everyone who looks fit was born that way. No one in my whole family on either side is ripped up or even tone. Basically my whole family is fat. If I sit around eating 4000 calories a day and play Xbox 360 I get fat as well.

So its not just genetics, some people put in the blood, sweat, tears to be healthy and fit. They bust their @sses to be in the shape they are in. They dont do little brisk walks for 10 minutes and claim they exercised. They run 3-10 miles at a good pace, weight train and eat right.

While most people are watching American Idol and Jersey Shore popping chips into their mouth those people are running around their neighborhood sweating and busting butt to get/stay in shape.

Of course genetics play a part but anybody can do things to get in better shape unless they are bed ridden!!! Ill never be totally shredded but it doesn't stop me from being in the best shape I can and playing the cards i was dealt.

IMO the email was not bullying, he called her no derogatory names, she made a mountain out of a mole hill.

If she lacks the dedication to get in shape its her business but be comfortable enough with yourself to delete one persons email and move on with life.

Freakin stop being weak people if you are bullied do something about it, hit the gym, lift weights, do cardio training, train in some mma become the guy/girl that no bully dares mess with. But see that requires hard work and people want the easy way out.

Stop watching the dumb reality tv shows and get out there and do something about it. Im so sick of people saying they exercise and eat right when their work outs do not even equal a decent warm up. People half ass it and wonder why they dont get results.

edit on 3-10-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by boncho

Boncho, I am just going to stop posting on ATS if your in thread, I feel so stupid reading your words, than looking at mine, as I meant to say somthing along the lines of what you so elequently state, but it comes out more like" I hit her with rock, now she mine, ug ug ug".

The same goes for Des and Benrl, if only I had half the ability to manipulate the english language, I would have taken over this entire planet by now.

Good show guys, I am jealous as all hell of your wordsmithery.

To be fair, for me it's the alcohol talking but I'm sure des and benrl appreciate your words. And no matter what diatribe we can muster we're always happy to have others around as well.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yeah,
I had a few minutes of my time wasted over this silly mess. I ended up finding something else to do besides watch the TV.

A TV personality that never got insulted is a TV personality that never worked. Celebrities win the attention of idiots all the time. They receive thousands of insults and detractions by virtue of the fact that they are intentionally in the public eye. She knows this. She should have deleted the message and been done with it. Instead she gave the moron a podium to preach from.

It's not news that she's fat and it's not news that calling fat people fat hurts their feelings.

It is news that a single opinion from an obvious moron needs to be turned into the drama of the week.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

If one has a weight problem due to a medical complication, I understand. If one is overweight by "choice" then there's no excuse.

Since my late teens till my mid 30's I have been overweight by choice. My diet was shocking looking back. It affected my health in many ways. It started getting so bad that I had to do something, for myself and those I love. There is NO excuse to be obese if one can control your weight by treating your body as a temple. To promote that it is fine being overweight to people, especially the younger generation does no good.

It is common logic that being overweight puts one in a higher risk in certain diseases. If we can control our weight then we should do just that, lose the extra kg's.

This lady is happy being "thick skinned", apparently. I would bet if she doesn't suffer from a thyroid or another medical condition she would love to lose a few kg's. How is being overweight good to anyone? It is not something one can promote as "it's okay" cos it is not.

I apologize if I offend anyone who is overweight when they have a choice to start living a healthier life. It's cause I have been there and it sucks. You see yourself in the mirror and you start losing respect for yourself. Then you go in denial and lie to yourself. After that you start lying to others by saying "I am happy being overweight" when really you're not happy at all.

Same goes for the opposite, being bulimic or anorexic. It is no way to treat yourself and then tell others it is okay to be like that. She is telling us "it's fine to be unhealthy" and people are supporting her?!

As I mentioned in my earlier post, if she suffers from a medical issue I do understand.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Bullying and hateful speech tears down and doesn't build up. Sometimes it can be both when the person isn't tactful like this guy. In my opinion, it doesn't seem like he is trying to attack her or be hateful at all, he is only trying to help. You can say that it isn't up to him to "help" but nevertheless, it seems like he was only trying to help. Attacking people for their race is hateful, or calling people fat piggies or something is hateful. But providing advice to those who are obese is not.

Originally posted by KaelemJames

If one has a weight problem due to a medical complication, I understand. If one is overweight by "choice" then there's no excuse.

Since my late teens till my mid 30's I have been overweight by choice. My diet was shocking looking back. It affected my health in many ways. It started getting so bad that I had to do something, for myself and those I love. There is NO excuse to be obese if one can control your weight by treating your body as a temple. To promote that it is fine being overweight to people, especially the younger generation does no good.

It is common logic that being overweight puts one in a higher risk in certain diseases. If we can control our weight then we should do just that, lose the extra kg's.

This lady is happy being "thick skinned", apparently. I would bet if she doesn't suffer from a thyroid or another medical condition she would love to lose a few kg's. How is being overweight good to anyone? It is not something one can promote as "it's okay" cos it is not.

I apologize if I offend anyone who is overweight when they have a choice to start living a healthier life. It's cause I have been there and it sucks. You see yourself in the mirror and you start losing respect for yourself. Then you go in denial and lie to yourself. After that you start lying to others by saying "I am happy being overweight" when really you're not happy at all.

Same goes for the opposite, being bulimic or anorexic. It is no way to treat yourself and then tell others it is okay to be like that. She is telling us "it's fine to be unhealthy" and people are supporting her?!

As I mentioned in my earlier post, if she suffers from a medical issue I do understand.

Agreed.
edit on 3-10-2012 by miketh2005 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames

Its funny how people will work long hours to own that nice car and house but will not put in any hours to be healthy and let their bodys go to crap. The most important thing.

PS tons of skinny people are out of shape and cant even run a mile or two, so they are not excluded. Skinny doesnt = in shape
edit on 3-10-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Char-Lee

That last photo of the group of women in bathing suits where you say was first broadcast in 1953. That photo cannot be 1953. Those are 1920's bathing suits on those women. In the 50's we were all about the flesh and bathing suits showed some. www.fashion-era.com...

I may have put the wrong caption with the wrong photo, what does it matter the fact remains, people decide who is beautiful and it changes all the time. Some of the so called "healthy" now are so thin because they gorge and vomit all the time, why is this what everyone wants to achieve, this scrawny mess!...Love yourself and if the your own Husband or wife is happy what does anything else matter.

My husband has a round tummy now and he does not over eat and works 14 hour days hard labor, I think his tommy is soft and huggable. No one else has any right to a spoken opinion.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It was a act of the times, internet has bred some of the most hateful statements.
And for those saying she shouldnt of used up news time, it's not like you can't check your sports scores online, most of the news now a days is half sports crap, last time I checked, we had about 30 other channels purely for sports, and I highly doubt sports should come before current events, but viewers like you make it possible and what happens.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Those who have never known what it's like to be overweight, have zero concept of what it's like. First of all, it is not a choice. It is genetic. Not to say you're born fat straight out of the womb, but you do not burn carbs at the same rate as a thin person. Thin people can eat whatever the hell they want, and remain thin while sitting on the couch the whole time, while a person with genes geared toward being fat, who does the same thing, will blow up like Fat Bastard inside a year or less. And while, yes, you CAN change your lifestyle, and lose weight, it takes a lot of blood, sweat and sacrifice to do so. Hell, I've done it. Twice. But I'm a guy. What you may not know is that for women, they find it a whole HELL of a lot harder to lose weight than men do, even if they diet and exercise. So... some of you here need to develop a bit of understanding and tact. Or karma may find you, and teach you the hard way, in your next life.
edit on 3-10-2012 by MrUncreated because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by solarjetman

I ask this with sincerity because I believe the "mind your own business" mentality is both good and bad-- a lot of the problems we face today in the world directly stem from this self-centered idea of "not my problem."

There's an old saying:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and you can combine it with:

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Any way, what is making me sick is people are telling her shut the hell up and take it and are berating her for standing up for herself.

It boggles them mind that people think it's okay to insult and berate someone all to hell and back but it's not okay for her to stand up for herself?

What words should she have said?

She shouldn't have said anything?

This is why I hate society and why I believe people are nothing more than a rabid pack of bullies who get off on hurting people.

You have to sit down and let people hurt you all to hell and back. They're only words. How dare you stand up for yourself.

Disgusting.

People have a right to defend themselves and I'll never understand this if somebody just insults and berates you all to hell and back you have to sit down and shut up and take it.

How absolutely disgusting.

This turned into a disgusting thread.

The reason, imo is because people are getting more and more evil and more and more sheep like.

If someone gets a tatoo everyone marks themselves the same. If someone has a stud in their face so does everyone else. No one makes their own choices and they all hate the individualist. If it were about health there would not be the drive to tanning booths and to cloths that are uncomfortable and over priced and to eating disorders to fit in.

So it is about LOOKS plain and simple and fitting in. All the Christians out there focused on how someone looks and not how kind or caring they may be if you believe in hell maybe you better start getting used to the heat.

How can people think they have the right to comment on anyone's personal choices or health.

What they all think they are intimate with you.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Those who have never known what it's like to be overweight, have zero concept of what it's like. First of all, it is not a choice. It is genetic. Not to say you're born fat straight out of the womb, but you do not burn carbs at the same rate as a thin person. Thin people can eat whatever the hell they want, and remain thin while sitting on the couch the whole time, while a person with genes geared toward being fat, who does the same thing, will blow up like Fat Bastard inside a year or less. And while, yes, you CAN change your lifestyle, and lose weight, it takes a lot of blood, sweat and sacrifice to do so. Hell, I've done it. Twice. But I'm a guy. What you may not know is that for women, they find it a whole HELL of a lot harder to lose weight than men do, even if they diet and exercise. So... some of you here need to develop a bit of understanding and tact. Or karma may find you, and teach you the hard way, in your next life.
edit on 3-10-2012 by MrUncreated because: (no reason given)

Name one person who hasnt lost weight on the biggest loser...

Thanks

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutz4tom

This is a single email from one person who has an unpopular opinion in regard to her size.Not Bullying, hurtful yes, but bulling ..No.

Truth be told some of the best advice I've received in my 49 years has been harshly directed at me. I chose to move forward and make the necessary change.

What you do with this criticism could be a good example of possible success or failure depending on how you react
Perhaps sharing your hurt feelings could be a good thing, but talking to the world about it tells me she is simply trying to find a way to work her story into bully awareness month

In regard to:

A teenager receiving a letter like that could kill themselves.

These are not children we are talking about.

But with children brought up wouldn't they fare better in life with the knowledge that obesity is overtaking smoking in the #1 killer position in America and that it's not acceptable?
edit on 3-10-2012 by wutz4tom because: typo

edit on 3-10-2012 by wutz4tom because: typo

edit on 3-10-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

I think this was just a convenient way for her to make this Terrible personal email attack into a story thus showing the world how bad bullying can be.....and Of course it just so happens it is national Bullying Awareness Month...
I agree the email wasn't nice at all and a sensitive person would in fact be offended.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Those who have never known what it's like to be overweight, have zero concept of what it's like. First of all, it is not a choice. It is genetic.

Again, BS.

It's mostly diet. Genes play a role, but if you don't have the food to eat, you won't get overweight. Want proof? Look to third world countries who can't afford the extra calories.

I have been overweight. It happened at age 18. I cut out sugary drinks, started drinking tea, and stopped eating processed foods. I started exercising more, and viola...normal weight.

If I start to get pudgy, I drop the calories, and up the exercise. Yes, I get hunger pangs...I don't care. Not going to allow myself to drop my standards.

The "it's genetic" is just a copout for a lack of self-will power.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
Name one person who hasnt lost weight on the biggest loser...

Thanks

Your question should have been: Name one person who didn't get thin on the "Biggest Loser".

Quite a few.

You're welcome.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
The "it's genetic" is just a copout for a lack of self-will power.

I see this bird has flown out of your view. But I realize that AADD is genetic, too, so it's okay.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
His letter to her was fine and I agree with it. He basically just told her to be more healthy instead of ignoring her health problems like most around her.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join