Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

page: 16
58
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Those who have never known what it's like to be overweight, have zero concept of what it's like. First of all, it is not a choice. It is genetic. Not to say you're born fat straight out of the womb, but you do not burn carbs at the same rate as a thin person. Thin people can eat whatever the hell they want, and remain thin while sitting on the couch the whole time, while a person with genes geared toward being fat, who does the same thing, will blow up like Fat Bastard inside a year or less. And while, yes, you CAN change your lifestyle, and lose weight, it takes a lot of blood, sweat and sacrifice to do so. Hell, I've done it. Twice. But I'm a guy. What you may not know is that for women, they find it a whole HELL of a lot harder to lose weight than men do, even if they diet and exercise. So... some of you here need to develop a bit of understanding and tact. Or karma may find you, and teach you the hard way, in your next life.
edit on 3-10-2012 by MrUncreated because: (no reason given)



Weird im 39 years old. At 36 years old i was 236 lbs @ 5'10 38" waist jeans and couldn't run a mile.

I decided to work out and eat right and in one year i was 190 lbs wearing 32 " waist jeans and was able to run a 7 minute mile at 37 years old.

Well one day i just stopped exercising all together, I ate what i wanted and played video games mostly. I cold turkeyed my exercise. In 8 months i was up 240 lbs and couldn't run a mile again.

Now im back to exercising and getting back into shape.

Yes about 5% of the population has a medical reason they are fat, the other 95% are using excuses.

I could sit at 240 lbs and say I got a medical issue, but i dont and know i can get in shape if i put in the work..




posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by jhn7537
 


I don't see her meaning, she is a lardo, she should do some push backs ( you know where you push yourself back from the table instead of gouring your fat face) eat less move more works every time, it is scientifically proven to be the cure all diet for fatness.

I saw her being a bully, as he wrote a privvate message, she put it in the public and used her position to attempt to ridicule the guy for saying " hey you know, maybe you should try to be a better example, being on the news everyday and all that." She is a very pathetic person who was intentionally trying to bully someone in public, for somthing that was said in private.

I give her a fail, and a double thumbs down for being both fat and an idiot, for displaying the same behavior she was trying to accuse someone else of.


I completely agree. It's like black people or gay people. I wouldn't care what color or sexual orientation they were if they would STOP THROWING IT IN MY FACE. I don't treat people differently until they let it be known, out loud, that they are different and want to be treated differently. They are prejudiced themselves in the fact that they think I, being a straight white male, will treat them differently because they are gay or black or whatever. They assume I am a bigot.

Well, facts are facts. This lady is putting herself out there as a role model for health and wellness to young girls...yet she is obese. She is fat. Call it what it is. It is hypocritical for her to tell kids to put the soda and junk food down while she obviously is stuffing her fat face with loads of unhealthy food. If she is so hurt, why doesn't this tub-of-lard jump onto a treadmill...or hell, even just take a two 20 minute walks everyday.

She wants me to feel bad for her laziness??? That is what's wrong with Americans these days. They are lazy and expect special treatment because of it.

--->Furthermore, I get the sense that this was a planted e-mail to draw attention to Anti-Bullying Month (which is about as worthless as celebrating my half-birthday...also in October btw). Judging by her well thoughtout and calm response, she and her producers created the e-mail and her response to it so that they could have an entire month of Anti-Bullying human interest stories on their news program. It happens quite frequently in the news business (of which I used to be a member). We called it "likely thought". Somebody in TV land "likely thought" she was a hypocritical fatso so the station simply generated this e-mail to help launch their series of Anti-Bullying news stories.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Anti-bullying month?
Anything worth devoting a month to should be done everyday.
Kudos for her response although I find myself wishing she had said that her weight is nobody else's business and that obesity is not a "choice" nor a "habit".
Also that her sense of community responsibility has zero bearing on her physical appearance.

Beyond all that I think she's a beautiful woman.


i agree with you and also there are times heavier is actual healthier.

"Study after study now shows that overweight and moderately obese patients with certain chronic diseases often live longer and fare better than normal-weight patients with the same ailments, according to a new report published in The New York Times."

"And the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine says patients of normal weight are twice as likely to die as those who are overweight or obese."
And others
www.hlntv.com...

The main point though is Unless you are a loved one it is not anyone's business how someone else treats what is theirs...their own body and mind. What compulsion drives someone to try and live everyone elses lifes and force everyone into their own designer shoes.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee


www.hlntv.com...

The main point though is Unless you are a loved one it is not anyone's business how someone else treats what is theirs...their own body and mind. What compulsion drives someone to try and live everyone elses lifes and force everyone into their own designer shoes.

True unless someone is giving out advice to kids and claiming to be a fitness/health guru, then they need to be called out if they do not practice what they preach.
edit on 3-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by wutz4tom
 


Sorry, writing to a stranger and targetting any part of her appearance, IS BULLYING AND CRUEL. It's also agenda, programming, misogyny and to me ABUSE AGAINST WOMEN.


I honestly don't where to stand on this. If a woman with a PERFECT body reported the news in a tiny bra and thong, would she be a good role models for kids? If the answer is no, then shouldn't SOMEBODY bring this to her attention?

If a concerned parent put her child on a diet, would any child say, "Why should I go on a diet? Just look at the woman on the news!"

Again, like I said, I don't know where to stand on this issue. Somebody enlighten me.

I will say this, though. I didn't sense any type of bullying in that letter.


To begin with why does a person with the job of reporting the news need to be a child role models at all? is this a childrens news program?



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012

Originally posted by Char-Lee


www.hlntv.com...

The main point though is Unless you are a loved one it is not anyone's business how someone else treats what is theirs...their own body and mind. What compulsion drives someone to try and live everyone elses lifes and force everyone into their own designer shoes.

True unless someone is giving out advice to kids and claiming to be a fitness/health guru, then they need to be called out if they do not practice what they preach.
edit on 3-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)


Could you show me where this applys here? Was the guy who wrote her concerned for his children because she is some kind of child role model?



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated

Originally posted by moniesisfun
The "it's genetic" is just a copout for a lack of self-will power.


I see this bird has flown out of your view. But I realize that AADD is genetic, too, so it's okay.


Naw, I just decided to cut it at the first lie. You kept presenting fallacies, and it eeked me.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
Obesity is a health condition, a health condition that you just happen to be able to see. It can be self inflicted, yes, but it is still a health condition.

A person's health is not our business.

Yes free speech! By all means defend the right of the person who wrote the email but you must also defend the right of the woman who replied to that email.


It's a mental condition. No physical aliment magically puts too much food in your mouth.

A persons health is everybody's problem in society just like drug addicts. It's not a victimless addiction. It's a problem in the work place, on plane and bus seats, health insurance costs, parents making their innocent kids overweight, etc etc etc.

I'm not saying they are any worse or any better as a person but don't make it like it doesn't matter to be over weight.

It's the same mentality as smokers who think they don't affect anybody with their second hand smoke.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Those who have never known what it's like to be overweight, have zero concept of what it's like. First of all, it is not a choice. It is genetic. Not to say you're born fat straight out of the womb, but you do not burn carbs at the same rate as a thin person. Thin people can eat whatever the hell they want, and remain thin while sitting on the couch the whole time, while a person with genes geared toward being fat, who does the same thing, will blow up like Fat Bastard inside a year or less. And while, yes, you CAN change your lifestyle, and lose weight, it takes a lot of blood, sweat and sacrifice to do so. Hell, I've done it. Twice. But I'm a guy. What you may not know is that for women, they find it a whole HELL of a lot harder to lose weight than men do, even if they diet and exercise. So... some of you here need to develop a bit of understanding and tact. Or karma may find you, and teach you the hard way, in your next life.
edit on 3-10-2012 by MrUncreated because: (no reason given)



Weird im 39 years old. At 36 years old i was 236 lbs @ 5'10 38" waist jeans and couldn't run a mile.

I decided to work out and eat right and in one year i was 190 lbs wearing 32 " waist jeans and was able to run a 7 minute mile at 37 years old.

Well one day i just stopped exercising all together, I ate what i wanted and played video games mostly. I cold turkeyed my exercise. In 8 months i was up 240 lbs and couldn't run a mile again.

Now im back to exercising and getting back into shape.

Yes about 5% of the population has a medical reason they are fat, the other 95% are using excuses.

I could sit at 240 lbs and say I got a medical issue, but i dont and know i can get in shape if i put in the work..


yes but when you are overweight, do you feel a stranger should be pointing that out to you?



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

To begin with why does a person with the job of reporting the news need to be a child role models at all? is this a childrens news program?


There ya go!


If I'm looking to catch up on the news I could care less who's reporting it. Well, as long as they're not boring.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Char-Lee

To begin with why does a person with the job of reporting the news need to be a child role models at all? is this a childrens news program?


There ya go!


If I'm looking to catch up on the news I could care less who's reporting it. Well, as long as they're not boring.


And I could also care less about a email someone sent to the reporter,, thats not the news im looking.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun

Originally posted by MrUncreated

Originally posted by moniesisfun
The "it's genetic" is just a copout for a lack of self-will power.


I see this bird has flown out of your view. But I realize that AADD is genetic, too, so it's okay.


Naw, I just decided to cut it at the first lie. You kept presenting fallacies, and it eeked me.


In other words, you can't handle anything except your own version of reality.
P.S. Your edit was fail. Do you even know what "eek" means?



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated
 


Tell me why there are so many more obese people now than in the 1930's did peoples genetic coding change over the last 80 years? Or maybe hmm its its the processed food, fast foods and video games / TVs

Which makes more logical sense Sherlock?
edit on 3-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)
edit on 3-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated

In other words, you can't handle anything except your own version of reality.
P.S. Your edit was fail. Do you even know what "eek" means?


Erm, no. I mean that you kept spouting out lies. Would you like me to point out each individual one??

Yes, I know what it means...do you?



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012
reply to post by MrUncreated
 


Tell me why there are so many more obese people now than in the 1930's did peoples genetic coding change over the last 80 years? Or maybe hmm its its the processed food, fast foods and video games / TVs

Which make more logical sense Sherlock?
edit on 3-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

Or maybe that is just a lie. Looking at old photos I do not see the majority being thin and old movies have stars that are tubby and flabby. The great male heros had no muscles at all.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012
reply to post by MrUncreated
 


Tell me why there are so many more obese people now than in the 1930's did people genetic coding change over the last 80 years? Or maybe hmm its its the processed food, fast foods and video games / TVs


That definitely plays a very large role in it. You're onto something. Still, the fact that you can get about 100 people to eat the exact same garbage, and less than 100% of those people do not end up morbidly obese shows that genetics also play a factor. Everyone is not the same. This seems to be a fact that a lot of people have had a problem with, since day one. Hence, this occurred.
edit on 3-10-2012 by MrUncreated because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
So many people he think that is ok to pass judgement on someone else. Where's that comming from? What type of education?

So,what's next for USA? Open season on overweight people? Shoot them down,eh? After all,they are a drag on the health system. God forbid Americans will ever get a "public" health program.

So far i've seen only a few down to earth replies and it makes me sad to see how we think. There is no color or shape for me, just what the human does, how it behaves and how it interacts with society. I really don't get this whole story. Maybe because i wasn't born and "educated" in this system. I've been thought to mind my own business, to help if i can,to judge only my actions and myself and to walk away from situations or people who might harm me.

Amazing to see how many condone the email.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee
 


www.nationmaster.com...

Look at the countrys listed by obesity stats, why does japan have less people with thyroid problems than the US? lol since some claim it has nothing to do with diet and lack of exercise for most
edit on 3-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun

Originally posted by MrUncreated

In other words, you can't handle anything except your own version of reality.
P.S. Your edit was fail. Do you even know what "eek" means?


Erm, no. I mean that you kept spouting out lies. Would you like me to point out each individual one??

Yes, I know what it means...do you?



And which lies did I spout? You seem to have a serious problem with reality. Hypothetical situation: Person A and Person B both eat at McDonald's for a year. Person A is still thin, yet Person B is now obese. Yet they both ate the exact same food, the exact same amount, and both had the same level of physical activity. The reason: genetics. These are medical facts, really. I wish I could say that I'm amazed that some people here cannot grasp that.


Genetics of Obesity
edit on 3-10-2012 by MrUncreated because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012
reply to post by Char-Lee
 


www.nationmaster.com...

Look at the countrys listed by obesity stats, why does japan have less people with thyroid problems than the US? lol since some claim it has nothing to do with diet and lack of exercise for most
edit on 3-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)


What does this have to do with a stranger telling someone they need to lose weight?





new topics

top topics



 
58
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join