It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
waaa waaaa. The letter wasn't bullying and the woman doesn't have thick skin as she claimed. But the masses of overweight people will flock to her like she is some hero.

Esp if she is doing a wellness and health segment, you should practice what you preach. She has no business telling other people about fitness if she herself isnt fit.

God the pussification of America is sickening.

Any normal person would have deleted the letter and went about their life, this shows a lack of self esteem.

The guy didn't call her any bad names or anything. But like i said the masses of overweight people will flock to her like she is some knight in shining armor.
edit on 3-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Maybe it is just me, but I didn't really see anything wrong with the email the person sent to the news-woman. Perhaps it wasn't really any of the persons business but she is a public figure and open to public criticism.

Hear me out...

We all know being obese is unhealthy. It sounded to me like they thought that this woman was setting a bad example for children. Smoking is also unhealthy, if this letter was about the woman glamorizing smoking on television instead of glamorizing obesity I don't think a single person would of had a problem with it.

Yet being obese is just as unhealthy as smoking, perhaps more-so. It didn't seem to me like the email was intended to be insulting.

I think the news-woman is a bit over sensitive maybe and I think most of the people in this thread have drastically overreacted to what I feel was only mild criticism.

I also don't feel like this belonged on a news program at all. She could of easily addressed this in some other way if she felt it was necessary. If anything, they seem to be exploiting this mild controversy in order to gain ratings.

Also, I think this whole anti-bullying thing has gone a bit too far. Children bully each other, it is human nature, adults do it as well. Everybody knows it is wrong, it is not an awareness problem.

Also bullying does have a valid function, it makes people tough. The kids are becoming much too sensitive, to a point that they can no longer accept VALID criticism.

edit on 3-10-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
This story is absolutely disgusting. She should be fired immediately.

A station viewer who PRIVATELY shows his concern for her health and well-being gets Bully'd on a PUBLIC forum for doing so, all so that this news-anchor, yes...she IS an anchor
, can overcome her self-confidence issues, hide behind a label "Bullying" and publicly persecute this person who had the balls to speak up out of concern for her.

edit on 3-10-2012 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

You really think he wrote that out of concern for her? He admitted he doesn't even watch her show. C'mon, that letter was written by someone who had taken it upon himself to criticize someone else solely on their appearance because they are on television. It was no act of kindness, it's a subtle and rather nasty form of antagonism and hate IMO
She wasn't really "bullied" nor was the writer of the letter since he was anonymous but it was a good opportunity to speak out about letting people be themselves regardless of the opinions of others.
Far too often our lives are made miserable by trying to live our lives according to what we think others might think about us. I really think all she was saying was "be yourself, that's good enough on it's own".
edit on 3-10-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

edit on 3-10-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It always amazes me how many people think they have a right to voice an unasked for comment about personal things, be it your life career or body. If I don't like someones ring in their nose...is that my business? NO!

I believe wholeheartedly that the population today is being driven by forces they little understand to conform to someone elses view of healthy and attractive.

It has always been that way. Personally I miss the days of a warm fat Grandma like mine was who was not wanted nor expected to act and dress like a 15 year old nor be a weigh lifter and runner. She was there to feed us cookies and be soft and warm and Granny like.

Look at how the changes come about and all because someone pushes their idea of fashion and looks and all fall in line. I feel sad for those who do not value individuality.

The beauty of yesteryear...the PERFECT that is no longer so now, what will they push tomorrow. If you believe this is about health you are sadly mistaken.

There are very unhealthy thin people and very healthy fat people but the people who live focused on either their own or others outsides are very small and sad people.

Beauty pageant

First Miss America

For the first time "Miss America " was broadcasted live in 1954.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Although I disagree with the letter, by pointing out who wrote the letter she has potentially created a worse problem! I don't see her as overweight but I do see her as exactly what she claims has happened to her...

SHE IS A BULLY!
yep! you heard me! Here are the facts so how can you disagree? I challenge you OP or anyone else!

They published his name allowing for retaliation by anyone!

a fact I cannot believe that the channel allowed the publishing of his name!

She used her position in the media to publicly humiliate another person for their albeit wrong opinion! Standing up for ones self is not retaliation!

If their name was kept anonymous I would understand, but it was not. She could have ignored this person, addressed them personal or several other ways, but instead she chose to use this to her advantage. She has thus perpetuated the problem and possibly made it worse!

And I will bet most of you rightfully outraged at what the letter writer wrote (I am too) but are missing the bigger picture and that is we are allowed free speech even if it is a wrongful or hurtful opinion.

Funny the bullied has become bully...Shame on her!
edit on 3-10-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

When I was a kid and someone tried to bully me, I got my big brother to beat them up. Worked every time.
There will always be a bigger fist. Kids will always bully and we need kids with thicker skin.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Saw this video earlier before on a different site. I don't see how what the emailer wrote is bullying in any way. He didn't use insulting language, he didn't call her fatty or say that she's ugly. All he did was point out that as a person who's a public figure that many people tune in to see, she's setting a bad example by perpetuation an unhealthy lifestyle. While I personally don't think anybody is going to think it's okay to be obese because they see a newswoman on TV who's overweight, I don't think what he said was that egregious or that he should be vilified for voicing his opinion.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Although I disagree with the letter, by pointing out who wrote the letter she has potentially created a worse problem! I don't see her as overweight but I do see her as exactly what she claims has happened to her...

SHE IS A BULLY!
yep! you heard me! Here are the facts so how can you disagree? I challenge you OP or anyone else!

She used her position in the media to publicly humiliate another person for their albeit wrong opinion! Standing up for ones self is not retaliation!

If their name was kept anonymous I would understand, but it was not. She could have ignored this person, addressed them personal or several other ways, but instead she chose to use this to her advantage. She has thus perpetuated the problem and possibly made it worse!

And I will bet most of you rightfully outraged at what the letter writer wrote (I am too) but are missing the bigger picture and that is we are allowed free speech even if it is a wrongful or hurtful opinion.

Des

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

You are so cool Des !

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hellbjorn012

pussification of America. I love it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The best thing about this thread for me is how people fervently hold on to the belief that their opinions and judgements should be held by everyone else, or something is wrong with them, of course. Was she bullied or the bully or were both bullies? Who cares! In the end, you have another glaring example of why humans can't get along with one another and never will. Always enlightening.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

And your argument goes weak, because red wine is shown to actually improve my health in the way I take it once a week.

And done.

Obesity is a disease, not an acceptable social condition.
edit on 3-10-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

That last photo of the group of women in bathing suits where you say was first broadcast in 1953. That photo cannot be 1953. Those are 1920's bathing suits on those women. In the 50's we were all about the flesh and bathing suits showed some. www.fashion-era.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by abeverage

SHE IS A BULLY!

Des

I hope that means you agreed? That is the sad problem of Bullying and how it perpetuates. Yes, it is a problem but she could have handled it much differently as could the News Station. All I see now instead of the potential of some good is a lot of litigation.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheherrin
The best thing about this thread for me is how people fervently hold on to the belief that their opinions and judgements should be held by everyone else, or something is wrong with them, of course. Was she bullied or the bully or were both bullies? Who cares! In the end, you have another glaring example of why humans can't get along with one another and never will. Always enlightening.

Then why are you even here on a forum, where people are exchanging ideas and comments that don't always agree with each other. It's called freedom of expression...just as you had the right to express your opinion.

would you have us all just cut from the same cloth, no differences whatsoever. That would be the death knell to growth, learning, and progress....don't you think.

Des

edit on 3-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
oh well how convenient it lands on anti bullying month lol, about as convenient as 9-11, wheres the guys email so we can send him one as well, what a complete BS story.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What a pathetic video/rant, and what pathetic responses to said rant in this thread. Kudos to those that saw this as it is, a public rant bullying someone just pointing out a FACT (privately, mind you). I guess we'll have to live with the glorification of obesity considering nearly half our population has this problem. gg america
edit on 3-10-2012 by finitedualities because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by jheherrin

Then why are you even here on a forum, where people are exchanging ideas and comments that don't always agree with each other. It's called freedom of expression...just as you had the right to express your opinion.

would you have us all just cut from the same cloth, no differences whatsoever. That would be the death knell to growth, learning, and progress....don't you think.

Des

edit on 3-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

I have no problem with people sharing opinions, I was remarking that people believe their opinions should be the only ones that are valid. I always encourage opinions and ideas! I am merely observing human nature. I don't exclude myself from my statement. I find it amusing that people rarely wonder why we are like this and ignore any ideas or suggestions as to why we act like this to begin with. No reason to be so sensitive.

edit on 3-10-2012 by jheherrin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by solarjetman

So what if the person is happy with themselves and don't need the help?

Should the help be forced upon them?

Hell, why not just take all fat people and put them into those FEMA concentration camps until they're all skinny?

After all, that's helping them.

Then politely decline. Look, I'll say it again, I'm not defending the emailer's approach-- it was sharp and insensitive to say the least-- but in my personal opinion it's honestly hard to tell whether he actually intended to "bully" her. There are a million worse things you could say to a fat person to get under their skin than "you might be setting a bad example for young girls" if that was the intention (see how the kids in the video I posted call the lady fat to her face for a clear example).

Sometimes help can save a person's life. Many times delinquents, addicts etc talk about the one person who for once in their life actually believed they could do better and "helped" them turn things around. So all I'm really asking is, if the emailer intended to help, then what would be a better approach then his (obviously sub-par) email? Is this truly a situation where others should simply "mind their own business?"

I ask this with sincerity because I believe the "mind your own business" mentality is both good and bad-- a lot of the problems we face today in the world directly stem from this self-centered idea of "not my problem."

edit on 3-10-2012 by solarjetman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This nation is in a health epidemic. Obesity is a SERIOUS problem. I am not a part of the fat acceptance crowd because it DOES have an impact on me directly.

As someone who is a fitness professional, I am healthy and free of any diseases. I rarely go to the doctor because I don't have a need to. The last time I visited a health professional was about 3 years ago for a wrestling related issue.

I make no claims against my insurance or use a single co pay for the most part. Every year MY health insurance premiums keep going up and up and up and up. Why? because people who do not take responsibility for their health are putting such a strain on the health care system in this country.

Do you know that the number one killer in the United States? It's Cardiovascular disease. This is a disease that is LARGELY preventable. Diabetes type 2, Atherosclerosis, and Osteoporosis are for the most part lifestyle related.

I do not respect the choice of someone to not take charge of their health. It is THEIR responsibility first and foremost.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join