It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra
reply to post by onthedownlow

We do know who wrote it:

Kenneth Krause response

Given this country’s present epidemic of obesity and the many truly horrible diseases related thereto, and considering Jennifer Livingston’s fortuitous position in the community, I hope she will finally take advantage of a rare and golden opportunity to influence the health and psychological well-being of Coulee Region children by transforming herself for all of her viewers to see over the next year, and, to that end, I would be absolutely pleased to offer Jennifer any advice or support she would be willing to accept. — Kenneth W. Krause

Source

Well, very eloquently put, he hardly sounds like the cyber bully he is being portrayed as. If this was the white house imposing its position on this news caster, there would be loud applause from the left.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
oh well how convenient it lands on anti bullying month lol, about as convenient as 9-11, wheres the guys email so we can send him one as well, what a complete BS story.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm guessing either she or someone at the station came up with the "email" as a conversation starter for this anti-bullying campaign.

At best, the somewhat neutered critique that "offended" her was a straw that broke the camel's back, and she's been looking for just the weak argument (sincere comment) to lash out against after years of legitimate bullying.

There is the school of thought that says "a bully only bullies others because they themselves feel insecure." Assuming the "email" was legitimate, it doesn't seem like the author was childishly persecuting her in order to feed a nagging insecurity. Her response however, certainly feels like a "I have something to prove and I want you to feel bad" message. Given her role, leverage in society, and responsibility that comes with it... I would agree with the more recent comments and label her the bully.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

Originally posted by Destinyone
Here ya go....

Des

I'm sorry, but....
I stopped the video at 1 minute 34 seconds. That's how long it took for me to think of something else to do.

(For those interested, I windexed my computer screen
)

I have to agree,This woman had her buttons pushed by having her Job credibility questioned and ran with the whole "fat thing".

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yeah...

This has no business on the news.
If the email didn't mean anything, then she should have just deleted it and moved on... but to take up all our time with this... and to call the internet a weapon???
Hmmmm I feel hints of another excuse for regulation.

There's a saying in real life,
"Sticks and Stones can break my Bones, but Words can Never Hurt me."

That poem exists because verbal abuse has been abundant in all our history. The internet is not to blame.
This is not new.
Move on.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by solarjetman

I ask this with sincerity because I believe the "mind your own business" mentality is both good and bad-- a lot of the problems we face today in the world directly stem from this self-centered idea of "not my problem."

There's an old saying:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and you can combine it with:

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Any way, what is making me sick is people are telling her shut the hell up and take it and are berating her for standing up for herself.

It boggles them mind that people think it's okay to insult and berate someone all to hell and back but it's not okay for her to stand up for herself?

What words should she have said?

She shouldn't have said anything?

This is why I hate society and why I believe people are nothing more than a rabid pack of bullies who get off on hurting people.

You have to sit down and let people hurt you all to hell and back. They're only words. How dare you stand up for yourself.

Disgusting.

People have a right to defend themselves and I'll never understand this if somebody just insults and berates you all to hell and back you have to sit down and shut up and take it.

How absolutely disgusting.

This turned into a disgusting thread.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

LOL she decides to fight bullying by giving him 15 minutes of fame??? The guy that wrote that letter is probably thrilled to death he got such attention and such a reaction...she might have actually inspired him...

She says she has thick skin but it doesn't appear that way...she felt the need to air it out in public and address it with the community for redemption? to have her say? to defend herself? Thick skin would have tossed the letter in the trash where its supposed to be...and move on with the truly important things in ones life.

She says that kids learn this behavior from adults and she is absolutely right...but she fails to take her own behavior into consideration...she is inspiring kids all over the place to "take a stand" against bullying by putting it on the 5 oclock news...making it a huge deal and giving the bullies the attention the oh so crave and feed on...she is inspiring the youth to get offended at every turn...and lash out when people "call a thing a thing"....

The lady is obese, she is overweight and these are true observations...they are not in any way connected to who she is as a person, how loving she is, how caring she can be...they address the amount of adipose tissue on her body and that is it....calling someone fat is not bullying...the only way someone can be offended by being called fat is if they are truly disappointed in themselves and actually agree and believe what that person said is true...if they do not agree and they believe its nonsense....then its silly nonsense that does not need further attention...treat is as nonsense...and move on...

calling a thing a thing shouldn't be considered bullying...lying to ourselves isn't healthy...lying to others does them no service...

My 80 year old father in-law calls people fat all the time, his daughter always jumps his arse and says "DAD...thats not nice"....he looks at her says "Keli-Jean...Am I lying???...she has no choice but to say no....he called a thing a thing and nothing more...so she then says "yea but that doesn't mean she is a bad person, she could be an amazing person and have a great personality!"....he then replies..."that's not what I was commenting on now was it..." She then realizes that her own prejudices are what made her put words in his mouth and thoughts in his head that were never there....her own prejudices made her think that by calling someone fat you are really calling them a bad person....

there is no shame in being fat if you aren't ashamed of being fat...if you are ashamed of being fat but want to pretend like the world doesn't know...wouldn't you be in denial?

Needless to say I don't agree with how the lady handled it, she showed people how to get offended and "get even" and to the disservice of her own claimed cause...showed people how to give bullies fame...and attention and for what??? .....words....

edit on 3-10-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Could not agree more.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
LOL his response is even more condescending and arrogant. This guy is unreal.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Delete double post.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I just keep coming back to see the direction of the conversation, having said my part already.

I do seem to keep seeing the same theme from alot of posters though, "it is perfectly acceptable to be fat". I will once again disagree. It is not ok to be fat, it is caused primarily by mental issues, and shows a complete lack of self control. It is on the same level as many other degenerate activities like drug addiction, alcoholism, compulsive gambling and kleptomania.

In short, fat people have a choice problem, they keep making the wrong ones. They eat when their body doesn't require sustenance, then continue to eat, and eat. which makes them have a negative self image, so they make the wrong decision and eat some more. Which leads inexorably back to them once again making the wrong decision and eating more, to somehow make up for their negative self image, even though it is insane to think it will help in any way.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.-Albert Einstein

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
LOL his response is even more condescending and arrogant. This guy is unreal.

Not really at all especially if she is doing health/fitness segments and not fit herself she is a hypocrite and needs to be called out. Its like going to a dentist who has rotten teeth and he tells you to floss more.
edit on 3-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by solarjetman

I ask this with sincerity because I believe the "mind your own business" mentality is both good and bad-- a lot of the problems we face today in the world directly stem from this self-centered idea of "not my problem."

People have a right to defend themselves and I'll never understand this if somebody just insults and berates you all to hell and back you have to sit down and shut up and take it.

How absolutely disgusting.

This turned into a disgusting thread.

People do have a right to defend themselves from JUST attacks...calling a thing a thing isn't an attack...you may perceive it that way if you are embarrassed or insecure...but that would be YOUR perception now wouldn't it?

I have no problem with her defending herself from perceived attacks but there is a "movement" out there against bullying that is going to end up getting "political correctness" passed as a damn law...that will in the end trash our first amendment...

I get called every name in the book every day I come to work...If I flew off the handle like this lady...and let it ruffle my feathers like it did her....I would never get any work done, I would go home feeling horrible about myself, probably start self medicating...get depressed...etc...

that is not a practical way to handle what ultimately boils down to be a verbal opinion someone has about you...it just isn't worth the fight...and it isn't worth giving them the attention for...

I am a very polite person and I do well to consider others feelings before I speak, but I will not censor myself from calling a thing a thing because it might hurt someones feelings unnecessarily...that is their problem and I will not make it my own by catering to it...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by Echo007
All i see is another attempt to say we need to regulate the internet and have a internetID all to "protect" kids. If you want to protect kids on the internet, don't give them unrestricted access to the net, don't allow them to make a facebook account that only teaches them share personal info online.

I didn't get more regulation from this story, i just see a news anchor taking a realistic stance that bullying will happen on the internet or in the classroom or on the playground... By eliminating kids on the internet, it won't end bullying all together... It's going to be a massive task to undertake trying to prevent bullying, it happens to kids, it happens to adults...

Everyone at some point gets bullied.

Its all about the parenting and how you interact with your child that makes the difference. Not these ad campaigns for 'awareness' when we are already aware. People just need to assume responsibility for their child and their well-being, instead of trying to avoid being the one to blame. You have children and not think of every facet possible to ensure their safety and security - thats more YOUR fault than anyones. Not the scoolyard, not the bully's, because everything is preventable with the right measures and good old fashion nurturing.

As for this video, this seems like she was more bothered by the email than she lets us know. I found that she was moreso defending her gluttony (seven deadly sin), rather than actually standing up for real victims.
Peace.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

The guy titled his email "community responsibility" so I'm assuming she did a piece on something else, and he sent that in turn and picked at her weakness. Saying she is no role model herself. Although, we don't know for sure because she never invited him for dialogue on air which she should have done.

Instead she ripped the man with no way to defend himself.

And as you said, people calling each other fat is of little consequence unless the recipient makes an issue of it. What is funny though, is that people throw around the word "skinny" like it's nothing while crying about the word fat. I actually know someone who filed legal action for their boss calling them skinny...

Just because someone is skinny doesn't mean they want to be skinny. Just as being fat. The difference is you should be comfortable both ways...

I don't get this holier than thou attitude where fat people can just throw 'skinny' around like it means nothing at all (when they claim the opposite to be derogatory...)

That's just lunacy...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
I just keep coming back to see the direction of the conversation, having said my part already.

I do seem to keep seeing the same theme from alot of posters though, "it is perfectly acceptable to be fat". I will once again disagree. It is not ok to be fat, it is caused primarily by mental issues, and shows a complete lack of self control. It is on the same level as many other degenerate activities like drug addiction, alcoholism, compulsive gambling and kleptomania.

In short, fat people have a choice problem, they keep making the wrong ones. They eat when their body doesn't require sustenance, then continue to eat, and eat. which makes them have a negative self image, so they make the wrong decision and eat some more. Which leads inexorably back to them once again making the wrong decision and eating more, to somehow make up for their negative self image, even though it is insane to think it will help in any way.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.-Albert Einstein

just to be on point here...its posts and assumptions like these that lead everyone to believe that if you call someone fat you are REALLY calling them all the above judgments...this is false and this is why many people fail to realize that they are two completely different claims...

One is simply an observation and as I keep saying...calling a thing a thing..."you are fat or she is fat, or he is fat"

the other is a judgement call "they have a mental inability to stay in shape...they are gluttonous...etc"

they are not mutually exclusive claims...and this is why people get so damned offended at the silliest little things, and this is why the bully issue is a hot topic...its almost to the point you can't call a black man black, a white man white, a fat person fat, or a thing a thing...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Sly1one

The guy titled his email "community responsibility" so I'm assuming she did a piece on something else, and he sent that in turn and picked at her weakness. Saying she is no role model herself. Although, we don't know for sure because she never invited him for dialogue on air which she should have done.

Instead she ripped the man with no way to defend himself.

And as you said, people calling each other fat is of little consequence unless the recipient makes an issue of it. What is funny though, is that people throw around the word "skinny" like it's nothing while crying about the word fat. I actually know someone who filed legal action for their boss calling them skinny...

Just because someone is skinny doesn't mean they want to be skinny. Just as being fat. The difference is you should be comfortable both ways...

I don't get this holier than thou attitude where fat people can just throw 'skinny' around like it means nothing at all (when they claim the opposite to be derogatory...)
That's just lunacy...

couldn't agree more...Hippocracy abound...however people turning their insecurities into an "assault" is a pretty slippery slope...I deal with a lot of families, people in the anti-bulling movement and it is pretty scary what they would like to do to solve the bulling problem...most of it involves some pretty serious legal grounds that would make everyone a criminal or obligatorily nice....and consequently...liars...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by Catacomb

And your argument goes weak, because red wine is shown to actually improve my health in the way I take it once a week.

And done.

Obesity is a disease, not an acceptable social condition.
edit on 3-10-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

It seems to be a constant point with you that you phrase something generically, and when someone counters your statement, you go from a generalization that makes you look bad, to something specific which makes you not look bad, in your eyes. You said you drink, you didn't say you drink red wine. Red wine is known to help the blood, yes, as part of a daily diet, as most Europeans will tell you. Drinking it as you said in your original post, is a marginal health benefit, at best.

This was your original post:

I have an occasional drink on some Fridays.

That, once I counter your argument, suddenly becomes this, in another post:

And your argument goes weak, because red wine is shown to actually improve my health in the way I take it once a week.

You said you have an occasional drink on some Fridays, which then becomes healthy red wine once a week. Do you see how this looks....?

This is just like when you said societal norms, and then you changed that to a more specific argument. This was your first post:

It's not about bashing anything or anyone. Honestly, it's about promoting healthy societal norms.

This was your next post:

EDIT: I just read the rest of your post. I'm not going to school you about unspoken vs enumerated societal norms. That you should know.

Anyway, enjoy your day. I think the woman was beautiful, and right to use her freedom of speech to detail how it made her feel. Was it bullying? It could be construed to be that, yes. But, that is not for me to decide, however I do not think it was warranted, nor do I believe it was done out of concern for the woman in question.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Yes, that was an applause of total agreement.....

Des

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I know what im gonna say is gonna be unpopular. But the simple fact is that their is so much fat sympathy in this country because a majority of its citizens are indeed fat.

She will be a hero to those who themselves could care less about their health and weight.

I always find it funny the people who lose a bunch of weight are championed like on shows such as biggest loser.
The people who scream they are fat and proud get championed by the masses too.

BUT the people who exercise there butts off to not get in that situation in the first place and truly bust butt to keep from getting obese never get any props at all from the masses everyone always assumes its their genetics when a lot of times its not. Its people who refused to make excuses and ate and exercised right so they would not look like your average couch potato!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I find it pathetic this made the news, personally. Bullying isn't nationally pandemic, but obesity sure is. Sorry, eat till your heart is content, that is your right. Just don't expect others to act like it should be normal and acceptable. It isn't. I think some healthy ridicule would do a lot of overweight people some good.

I also dislike that she tried to cloud the real issue by bringing children and "awareness" into the mix....nothing like a little play on emotions to divert attention from her lack of personal responsibility. I guess this is what all news has become though....a sideshow of irrelevant garbage instead of reporting on real issues.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Gainsayer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join