It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting a Jim Morrison Conspiracy...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

The fact that he was buried in that specific cemetery, is something that you were using to possibly give more credence to your theory.

No, not a theory, just a possibility. The cemetery is an important part no matter which conspiracy whether he's been assassinated, eliminated, he overdosed or faked his death. The fact is that no one will examine the remains and one of the reasons is that particular cemetery. Nothing to do with credence.

Since you are claiming that his death was a hoax, his will has no relevance.

Claiming? From the OP...

~ Disclaimer – This is to be viewed as a possibility. No facts exist that makes this scenario a certainty. There is very little evidence. Like every other conspiracy, it is simply speculation.

Since I am not claiming anything and the fact is that Jim Morrison "officially" died, the testament is extremely relevant.

I appreciate that you took the time to expand on your point. I disagree but appreciate.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It's hard to separate fact from fiction with Morrison. It's easy to write him off as overrated if all you know is the silly caricature created by the likes of Oliver Stone. The excess and debauchery was only one side of him. He was a truly inspired and visionary artist. I will always treasure the Doors for bringing their strangeness and beauty to the
world. There will never be another one like them.
I saw Robby play on the Experience Hendrix tour. He is the real deal. The amount of talent in the Doors was unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

It's easy to write him off as overrated if all you know is the silly caricature created by the likes of Oliver Stone. The excess and debauchery was only one side of him. He was a truly inspired and visionary artist.

This is so true and I couldn't have said it better !!!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
S&F OP

Going off of Alice Cooper's comment, I am a long-time listener of his radio show, and he would have a little say whenever he played the Doors or Jimi Hendrix that one of them are living on a farm in Oregon or somewhere in the northwest.

That would be an interesting nut to crack though if it were true- You're out in the country and meet this old hippie farmer type and turns out to be Mr. Mojo Risin' himself.

Should this film student take this to Hollywood?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

S&F Great to read and postulate!

I often envisioned him living in the Himalayas..................a place where a thinker can truly aspire towards the freedom of thought in a semblence of solitude, far away from the dying civilization of consumption which he saw all around him and hated. A place where human hardship and loneliness meets splendour. Which is and was his battle of a tortured soul of sorts.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Okay so I am confused, first you address him as overrated, then you attack him saying he isnt a great writer, and then you just claim he shouldnt have been famous for his stage antics? Sir, I am 19 and I must say that not growing up during the time of the great, well thought out musicians (and writers in Morrison's case) thought about what to write opposed to today where they just throw in lyrics to a catchy melody. Do not ever compare classic rock to todays rock, you're a fool if you do because I aknowledge the meaning conveyed throughout every song prior to 2000. So please, just take the time to actually think about what you are saying before you say it...I HATE THAT!

-trollertrollzo

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
Going off of Alice Cooper's comment, I am a long-time listener of his radio show, and he would have a little say whenever he played the Doors or Jimi Hendrix that one of them are living on a farm in Oregon or somewhere in the northwest.

Originally posted by Egyptia
I often envisioned him living in the Himalayas..................a place where a thinker can truly aspire towards the freedom of thought in a semblence of solitude, far away from the dying civilization of consumption which he saw all around him and hated. A place where human hardship and loneliness meets splendour. Which is and was his battle of a tortured soul of sorts.

At work I was talking to a friend of mine about this (he's a big Morrison fan), and he's sure that Morrisons dead. He did say that if he was in hiding, living a normal life, then my friend wouldn't be too surprised if Morrison was living in Seattle during the 90's, and was behind the whole "Grunge" music scene. Interesting thought.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Jim Morrison, lead singer of The Doors, is dead.
He died in 71.
May his music and near iconic moment stand the test of time.

Now, Jim Morrison the person whom just wants a quiet poets life may still live. and I give the man his sanctuary. Imagine being typecast for life so long as you remain as you are. Could Jim simply live as a fisherman without crowds of groupies and flunkys chasing him down? no.
Jim spent a bit of time in my little town back when he was a kid. Until they basically tore it down, people kept writing graffiti all over his (parents) former house. This was decades after he died..

So, Wherever Jim is..he is just a guy. The singer has left the stage, and thats all to be said about it.

This is the end.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Jim Morrison is dead. I own plenty of Doors tunes, on vinyl including some original pressings, I'm not a hater. But believe the truth when I point out that dying was a helluva career move for Jim specifically and the Doors in general. The Doors were a lousy stage act by the time the alcoholism did him in and had been for a while. They were booed off here in my hometown in their last appearance because he was so hammered he couldn't speak coherently much less sing. And yes like many creative artists, Jim was a drunk. So was Van Gogh (who is also dead). The romanticizing of the 'Forever Young' types happens all the time and certainly gave the Doors a post-mortem boost. But Jim's drinking habit was legendarily excessive by all accounts of those around him-and on public display for all to see during their final acts. Enjoy them highly original and evocative lyrics, the recordings of his best stuff, but he's long gone.He was so far out of the public eye by the time he passed on there was no reason to fake his death.

To rearrange Bones from Star Trek just a tad: Jim? He's dead.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruptedstructure

check out en.wikipedia.org... is there someone who doesn't like musicians or is it a voluntary thing

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Jim fans in this thread are advised to watch this vid.enjoy

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
super interesting! i live in Thailand, perhaps i will try and dig up some clues

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Eh.. I think he would have been sighted and outed by now, BUT why I commented, you said he took showers not baths. That may be (though I would guess he took baths from time to time as most people do), but it's also common for people to move overdosing users into bathtubs to try to wake them up with the water.

I encourage you to dream if that's what you want to believe, but I think most likely he is dead. He was on a rough track, and heroin is a very hard drug to get off of. No matter how well he might have been going to Paris, if he had a girlfriend that used and he used the likelihood of falling back to it (if he ever quit, which I doubt) is very high.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Eh.. I think he would have been sighted and outed by now, BUT why I commented, you said he took showers not baths. That may be (though I would guess he took baths from time to time as most people do), but it's also common for people to move overdosing users into bathtubs to try to wake them up with the water.

I encourage you to dream if that's what you want to believe, but I think most likely he is dead. He was on a rough track, and heroin is a very hard drug to get off of. No matter how well he might have been going to Paris, if he had a girlfriend that used and he used the likelihood of falling back to it (if he ever quit, which I doubt) is very high.

Have to agree with you here. Unfortunately I've been in this same position. And of about the dozen or so "running buddies ,guys and girls I had grown up with", about 8 of them are all dead from OD'ing all before their 30's. Most died in their mid to late 20's.

Also the fact that he was clean for some time in Paris makes the possibility of him OD'ing extremely high. This is how many of the people I ran with died. There are just out of jail, or rehab, clean for 3 or 6 months or a year, and slip up once and this is the most dangerous, because you believe you have the same tolerance you had and you don't. You go out a slip up once, and do the same amount you used to, and if the stuff is very good, you don't have the tolerance. Snorting one bag will take you out.

Add a partner into the equation and it's Extremely hard if not Impossible for two addicts to get clean together and stay together It's hard enough to do it alone. One will continue to bring the other down. I find it highly unlikely an ex-addict could go into those types of scenes and cop drugs for his girl and not end up using himself. Again I've been there, and for me it was impossible to do more than a handful of times. The temptation is just too great. But there's always exceptions, I'm just saying, it's highly unlikely.

Placing an overdosed person in a bath-tub is very common as well. Again from my experience also from many stories I've heard in places I've been. Usually people will put the body in the tub to shower cold water on them to try and wake them up. Not effective. If someone is OD'ing on heroin, you need to call 911 then start performing CPR. Many times a person you die from resperatory failure they OD from heroin. I've saved lives of people who were ODing on H, before just by doing CPR. People who's skin were blue and lips were black.

Luckily I'm a survivor, although it cost me alot. nearly my life, I'm in my mid 30's now and have not used or drank in 12 years.

As far as the picture of Morrisons grave, and "he wouldn't fit in there". Look at the graves to the right and left of his, one is even smaller, other same size. The body, isn't just in the area where the flowers are placed. The headstone is actually on the bodies head. Hence the name. So the area with the flowers are placed is from about the mid chest down, while the headstone covers the upper chest and hear area of the body inside the coffin.

I like the Doors music. Jim was a great writer, and great vocalist, and performer. But not really a musician. The band, especially the keyboardist was where the real music was coming from. I believe EVERY cult icon Musician that has died before of unnartural cause before the age of 50 is still considered to be alive, fans are hard-core. The list is rediculous. Elvis, Cobain, Morrison, Tupac, Michael Jackson, ect, ect.

I also have a hard time believing a doped up Mrs'.Morrison wouldn't have blabbed about Jim's secret in some heroin induced nod on dozens of occassions during the years she lived and used after she supposedly helped faked Jims death. But not a peep. Hard to believe. We have to believe she is a terrible person sending Jim to buy her junk, but also believe she can keep a secret like that. It's asking alot.

Sure anything is possible, and the OP was laid out very nicely, S+F for you Sir. But imho, Jim is no longer with us. But I can't say for certain of course, no one can.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Here a thought...maybe you are Jim Morrisson and you wrote this thread to see if we still believe you're dead! ...especially since technology has advanced and has ground sonar for detecting for detecting grave sites.....bet Jim genius ability didn't see that coming!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
But honestly,nice thread! ...And I hope Jim Morrisson is alive and has lived longer than 27. That's too young to die. There's too much to see in life and feel in life than to die at 27. He seemed like he had an obsessive compulsive disorder. Books, poetry, music, alcohol, drugs....always swapping one addiction for another. ....if he is alive , whatever he is doing, he is obsessed with it , as his personality has shown in the past. Just because you fake a death, doesn't mean you can get rid of a disorder like that.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Hey there SonoftheSun ... S&F for a fantastic thread ... thoroughly enjoyed it thank-you.

I believe that if anyone could fake his own death he would be the man ... did he fake his own death ... I don't know ... but that said there is something about this man ... he has a look behind his eyes that has absolutely nothing to do with drink or drugs ... it is a look too deep to phathom ... there was definately something there that remained unspoken ... the man truly was and enigma ... and we will never know his real secret.

Woody

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I appreciate every single reply so far. Pro or con the fact that he may have staged his death doesn't matter. Some great opinions here from both sides of the coin for sure !! And they are all worth reading !!

I think that Nola213 has described this topic nicely...

But imho, Jim is no longer with us. But I can't say for certain of course, no one can.

The only two persons that could have seen the body of a dead Jim Morrison are Vassile and Courson and they're both dead. Everything else is hearsay and innuendos.

But to look into this possibility that he could still be alive, we must look further than the singer, the drug addict or the celebrity. One must understand what made Jim Morrison tick. The three first posts of the OP are an attempt to explain that psychological side that drove him.

If he stayed "True to his spirit" as his headstone mentions, he is still alive.

So I'll rephrase Nola's sentence into a SonoftheSun version...

But imho, Jim could very well still be with us. But I can't say for certain of course, no one can.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Cool thread..S & F for you!

I feel a bit compelled to respond to those who say Morrison and the Doors were\are overrated.
Obviously, musical appreciation is totally subjective. One person's nails on the chalkboard
is another person's harps from heaven.

I rarely feel a need to defend a band that's been accused of being overrated. The Doors are an exception.
No one can deny Morrison was a great vocalist. The other members are criminally underrated.
Robbie Kreiger is an absolutely incredible guitar player. He flies under the radar. When people think blues, he doesn't even come to mind. It's always Clapton, SRV, Buddy Guy...etc. Kreiger's blues playing is unreal.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

When one consults a "100 Greatest Drummers of All Time" list, John Densmore is usually near the end, rating in the 90s. He should be much higher.

Ray Manzarek...what can I say? Keyboard legend.

Here's are a couple interesting videos which discuss how the songs "Break On Through" and "The End" were made.:
(To this day, there are musicians that don't believe 'The End' was recorded 'live in the studio', without a single overdub.)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You will also notice that the “J” from James is NOT the same as the “J” from Juillet. Meaning that “James” was written by another person than the one who originally wrote the certificate.

You lost me here^.

The J's do look the same. It's just that the "James" seems upper case, while the "juillet', lower. The handwriting itself seems to be of the same person.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join