It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting a Jim Morrison Conspiracy...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You’re All a Bunch of Slaves...

...is a famous Lizard King quote and it could mean more than what it actually says...

Revisiting a Jim Morrison Conspiracy

========================================

Many threads have been written about Morrison. About his life, about The Doors, about his death.

Regarding his death, ATS, being the conspiracy forum that it is, has seen different possible scenarios embellish its walls. Some have assumed that, maybe, he was assassinated. Or perhaps he was eliminated. It would remain a mystery but he could have simply overdosed. Or he just died, as stated in his death certificate, of a plain and dull heart attack. I have only found one thread on this specific conspiracy scenario - that I wish to talk about - written back in 2008, by Skyfloating. It is linked at the end of these posts. It is one of the reasons why I am revisiting this particular conspiracy...here goes:

Is it possible that James Douglas Morrison faked his death?

I not only find it possible but highly plausible. To explain the motive and mechanisms of this possibility, I have incorporated important parts of his life, fundamentally who he was, and I divided it in 5 posts:

[color=gold]** The Young Poet (The True Jim Morrison) **

** The Doors (The Angry Jim Morrison) **

** Free again (The Liberated Jim Morrison) **

** The Conspiracy (The Plot to Exit) **

** Conclusion **

~ Disclaimer – This is to be viewed as a possibility. No facts exist that makes this scenario a certainty. There is very little evidence. Like every other conspiracy, it is simply speculation. Based on hints, here and there, that could have been left by Mr. Morrison himself. If such was the case, he would be 68 years old; no doubt, he’d still be an amazing writer, certainly a wiser individual and above all, a FREE man.

Saying “Hello” Jim.

Hello Fellow Friends and Welcome, once again, to a different way of seeing things...

[align=center][color=gold]** The Young Poet **[/align]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ef5068ef22.jpg[/atsimg]

No matter what we think of Jim Morrison, he was, and remains to this day, a genius. It shouldn’t surprise anyone that Morrison devoured books. They were his inspiration, his oxygen. His room was always filled with hundred of books and his friends would smile and think that he didn’t read all of those...that it was just for show. They were wrong as he would gladly ask any of them to choose any one of those books at random, read the first paragraphs and he would proudly name the title and author.

From very early on in his life, he embraced authors such as Arthur Rimbaud, Jack Kerouac, William Burroughs, Aldous Huxley and Allen Ginsberg. He was absolutely passionate about Nietzsche’s writings and this will come in play later on in this conspiracy. His college classmates remember him as creative, quiet at times, hyper at other times, weird and even as a bizarre young individual.

Also, many who knew him were later mystified that Morrison had become a singer, as he had not seemed interested in music

The last thing they would imagine is that he’d become a famous rock star. Not a single one of them remember him as a possible future singer but instead as an intellectual, a shy persona that loved to read, loved to write and many of his classmates saw him as a future author.

His first true love, Mary Werbelow remembers him as a genius, a brainy writer. Way before The Doors, people that knew him well mention his writing addiction:

Everybody, everybody, remembers the notebooks. Any time, any place, Jim would fish one from his back pocket, scribble and chuckle.

Chris Kallivokas, Bryan Gates and Tom Duncan. And Phil Anderson, George Greer, Ruth Duncan, Gail Swift and Mary. They all remember.

Around Jim, you always felt watched. He'd bait and goad, get a rise, take notes. "There was no one who wasn't under observation," Gates says. "His only purpose in life was observation."

He would write notes, from morning to night. He would keep pen and paper with him at all times, only to write whatever came to his mind, on the spur of the moment. He would write essays, he would write poetry, he would write love letters, he would provoke and then write about reactions, he would write about politics and the strangeness of this world (according to him) on a daily basis. More than 1600 of these notes and writings were found after his death.

As far as baiting goes, they ALL remember him as a provoking character. As a matter of fact, Morrison enjoyed provoking at every chance he got, years before The Doors were born. He was on a quest, studying the human psyche, testing them, evaluating people he met, friends and family, lovers and later on, the authority and fans.

~Continued in next post...

edit on 30-9-2012 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

link   
[align=center][color=gold]** The Doors **[/align]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/jf5068ee9d.jpg[/atsimg]

Morrison was a poet, first and foremost. He never really intended to become a music star and much less, an adulated idol. His diversion from his original path was detrimental to his health, his friends and family, his whole life in general. His passion of reading and writing would lead him on a journey that he never thought possible. Some might call it “destiny on a beach”. Others, “poison in disguise”...

But one day, back in 1965, the poet met the musician; Ray Manzarek and The Doors were born.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/om5068ef07.jpg[/atsimg]

At first, he would gain from this new path. His writing creativity expanded. He had found a new way to transform his thoughts...lyrics. However, the joy was eventually overridden by frustration. He felt that he was slowly losing his new acquired and assumed freedom. Oh yes, he would vent about it...

The more frustrations he’d feel, the more he’d provoke. While he enjoyed the women and the money that The Doors provided, he hated the fact that he would be put under a microscope at every chance the authorities got. He resented authority. He resented the public life that kept putting him under the light, a light that would show his dark side at every chance the different Medias got. So he gave them every pennies worth. If they were going to talk about him, might as well make it worth reading!

As more and more time flew by, he would drink and abuse to forget. This was taking a toll on his love of writing and his sense of freedom. His time wasn’t fully his anymore. It was theirs, The Doors, the producers, the record companies, the fans that wanted more and more live shows. He was slowly turning into something he had never wanted to become; someone that people drain for their own advantage, someone who has lost his own power to a higher authority, someone who has lost his own power of choice, or in his own words; a slave. He had become rich, famous and adulated but unhappy, frustrated, empty and enslaved.

He would provoke on stage, reflecting his interior dissatisfaction. Throwing at others what he, inside, felt like:

"You're all a bunch of f - - - - - - idiots!"

Confused silence. Uncomfortable laughter.

"Letting people tell you what you're gonna do, letting people push you around. How long you do think it's gonna last? . . .

"Maybe you like it. Maybe you like being pushed around. Maybe you love it. Maybe you love getting your face stuck in the s - - -."

Screams from the audience.

"You're all a bunch of slaves. . . .

That particular live show that had gathered 15000 fans degenerated up to the point where all hell would break loose. A warrant was issued for his arrest, for indecent exposure and felony. He was finally cleared of the felony charges but the indecent exposure charges stood and it could mean jail time. While on bail, he fled to Paris, never to return.

link   
[align=center][color=gold]** Free Again **[/align]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/sp5068ee81.jpg[/atsimg]

Perhaps that many of you, as I did, still think that he continued his downhill momentum, in Paris, until that dreadful day where he was proclaimed dead. That he was overweight, spending on drugs and alcohol, partying till early morning hours. That he’d be seeking new nightclubs and new drinking buddies. You could not be further from the truth.

When he left for Paris, his doctor found him to be in excellent health.

his personal physician, Dr. Derwin, stated to the press that "Jim Morrison was in excellent health before travelling to Paris".

Morrison had lost weight, cleaned up his act and had started to write again.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/hx5068eed7.jpg[/atsimg]

He really felt like he was FREE, once again. Free from his contract with the record company. Free from The Doors. Free from the abuse that came along with “Sex, drugs and Rock n Roll”. Free from his musical responsibilities. Free from the Medias. Free from the celebrity status as he could walk anywhere, at any time, and not be recognised. Free from an ever growing inside hell that he had let himself get into. Free to be once more, if he really wanted to, James Douglas Morrison, the writer.

But others didn’t see it with this perspective in mind. They were waiting for him to get back at one point. They were seeing him as having a vacation, a rest. Money was coming in from their latest album; L.A. Woman & Riders on the Storm were blockbuster hits. They figured that, with his horrendous way of life and as the money would fly out the windows, he’d eventually return. Cause they were planning new shows, new contracts, new records, new songs. Oh yes, they wanted more, way more.

But not the Lizard King. He had enough. He was fed up. He was spent. He knew, as he had said so many times, that his celebrity would lead him down the same path than Jimmy and Janis. This was his one and only chance to get his life back, his only chance to avoid certain death. Now that he was experiencing freedom once again, breathing once again, he wanted it back, all of it; and at all costs.

And there would only be one way to get that back and one way only...

link   
[align=center][color=gold]** The Conspiracy **[/align]

Unlike Elvis, or other celebrities that theorists claim that faked their deaths, Jim Morrison had a valid reason. He honestly wanted out. He wasn’t leaving anything behind that he really cared for anymore. He was a stranger to his family, especially his parents. His girlfriend Pamela was a control freak and a serious drug addict. The Doors were exhausting him.

A couple of months before his “death”, he called Densmore to see how the new album was doing. It was a hit. Money would still be coming in, one way or another, even if he left all that he had at the moment to Pamela. He could still write, he could live with an off the record “cut” supplied by any author that he would turn his writings to. I’ll talk about that further down. He could still get an off the record “cut” from the Doors, possibly through Manzarek.

He had the motive to do it and he had the means to do it. Let’s see what a close friend of his thinks about the possibility:

"If there was one guy that would have been capable of staging his own death -- getting a phony death certificate and paying off some French doctor... And putting a hundred and fifty pound sack of sand into a coffin and splitting to some point on this planet -- Africa, who knows where -- it is Jim Morrison who would have been able to pull it off."
- Ray Manzarek

This French doctor, Dr Max Vassile, has never given an interview about it. Ever. He is the only one, aside from Pamela Courson, that could testify to seeing a dead Jim Morrison. They are both dead now.

Here is the death certificate of Jim Morrison:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/hy5068ee41.gif[/atsimg]

Here is a cropped version of an area of interest:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ub5068ee5d.gif[/atsimg]

You will notice that it was originally to the name of Douglas Morrison. The “James” was added later, on the second line. You will also notice that the “J” from James is NOT the same as the “J” from Juillet. Meaning that “James” was written by another person than the one who originally wrote the certificate. Legally, this means that it isn’t a death certificate of a James Douglas Morrison but of a Douglas Morrison. The intent, being to wash his hands if things turned sour. This doctor was in on it.

As Pam was inheriting everything, she’d keep her mouth shut. She came out with a story later on where she claims that she gave Morrison a shot that made him overdose. That is bull. She just wanted the press off her back.

So then, why Paris? Why not London or elsewhere? Jim Morrison had visited the Père Lachaise cemetery multiple times, where he ended up being buried. Strangely enough, he visited it again, only three days before his official “death”. The Père Lachaise cemetery is under tight security. No one would get in there to steal a corpse for identification. Or to open a sealed coffin that doesn`t contain one.

Here is Morrison’s grave:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/gy5068eeba.jpg[/atsimg]

Densmore could not believe that Morrison would fit in there. Manzarek has stated many times, and was quoted on it many times, that “Jim isn’t here”. Jim’s father put a greek quote on his epitaph, under his name...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/yv5068eeec.jpg[/atsimg]

”KATA TON DAIMONA EAYTOY “ which means: “True to his own spirit”. Many meanings for sure !

Alice Cooper, having heard that Morrison died in his bath, had this to say:

“The fact that Jim Morrison lived until the age of 27 years was a miracle in itself. The most ironic thing about Jim Morrison is that he died in a bath tub. Because that might have been the first bath he’d taken in 30 years. Well, 27 years.”

Morrison could easily live to get old. Keith Richards, Jagger, Tyler and Ozborne are good examples. Oh, and Morrison took showers. He never took baths.

Ray Manzarek wrote a book, “The Poet in Exile”. Probably inspired by a pamphlet that Morrison had showed him of the Seychelles Islands where he would go if he ever decided to fake his death. Now why would Morrison take time to search for ideal places to go to if he decided to fake his death?

Jerry Hopkins traveled to Thailand back and forth, from 1971 when Morrison “died” and 1980 when he finally released his book “No One Here Gets Out Alive”, a Jim Morrison biography.

If Morrison faked his death, he could have easily made a pact with authors to be. An off the record “cut” would get him to live easily in Thailand. Back in the seventies, housing was cheap. He had the means already, even after leaving everything to Pamela. He could easily end his days there.

link   
[align=center][color=gold]** Conclusion **[/align]

Is Jim Morrison still alive?

I think so. No one that has died so far has made a bed confession. A handful of people only would have been in on the plot. They are all getting older or have died already. They would not talk until Morrison actually does die. Then, and only then, we might know the truth.

Yet, maybe the truth is that the Lizard King died, in Paris, on July 3rd 1971, of a heart attack.

We might never know but as legends live, it makes interesting stories.

Thank you for taking the time to read. All opinions are Welcome.

~Son.

Sources

jim-morrison.livejournal.com...

www.sptimes.com...

expertscolumn.com...

archives.waiting-forthe-sun.net...

jimmorrisonbiography.wordpress.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.classicbands.com...

www.tumblr.com...

ATS Related Thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Videos of Interests

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I've read the first half and will read the rest but just have to say that although I revered Jim in my younger rebellious days, I have come to see him as one of the most overrated musicians of his time. In fact I use 'Musician' lightly here.

Great writer? Ok.

I don't believe he would have been as famous as he was without his on stage antics, going against the establishment and touting drugs and alcohol as a way of life.

Many more talented musicians never received notice because at that time Jim hit a chord with the youth...rebellion. And that still stands today with so many untalented people getting the limelight because they do and say exactly is wanted from the youth. And that is usually just their voice to say what the youth can't.

All IMO of course.

Good thread OP!

Peace

edit on 30-9-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
That was brilliant.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I will have to respectfully disagree.

The Doors were well before my time. 10+ years before I was even born.
I completely missed out on Mr. Morrison's stage theatrics. In fact I never had the opportunity to see a recorded performance until I was about 20 years old.
I grew up listening to the Doors. Knowing only their music. And to this day I still listen to all their Albums. i think they were a great influence on the person I turned out to be. I personally think their music is awesome.

But this is just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
What a nice thread !!!

Personally, the only way to debunk this conspiracy, would be to unearth his remains.

That is something, his family would never do, I would believe.

I think the conspiracy, makes his whole life, and death, a mystery, and ads to his unique and flamboyant life, of a mysterious Rock Star.

One thing?

His Music lives on..........

S&F

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Im a Doors Fan, mabey the most innovative rock band ever. I have reviewed the evidence of the Jim morrision conspiracy that is available on the net. My view is that he died of drug overdose in a night club tiolet in France. The people in club with consent of his wife moved his body to the bath tub in the apartment they were accomodating there. Wrapping his death in a conspiracy theory is ok however cause it just adds to the mystery which surrounds band. He OD however no doubt about it, in the end he was a junkie.
edit on 30-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Morrison lives.

He is an enigma. The success of the Doors, enigma. Their music, enigmatic. There is so much to say about The Doors, Morrison people will be talking about him, them for decades to come. He died(?) in 1971?? That was over 40 years ago. It just doesn't seem possible it was that long ago.

I was a young teen during the highlight of their days and could not get to a concert to see them. It was finally last December, 2011 here in Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico that I see them perform. Ray Manzarek and Robbie Kreiger played and it sounded like I had always heard them in recordings. It was a great show and one of those moments that helps make my life seem complete now.

Unforgettable.

S&F

edit on 30-9-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hey Jude !

The way I see it is that Morrison had a good voice, he was extremely good looking and he was an amazing writer. While I would agree that Manzarek was the musical genius, the Doors were personified by Morrison.

The thing is that Morrison was a writer first. He'd try poetry on stage and fans didn't really enjoy. They wanted the Lizard King, the sensual young and flamboyant demon. Conflicting and frustrating for him, no doubt in my mind.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Personally, the only way to debunk this conspiracy, would be to unearth his remains.

That is something, his family would never do, I would believe.

And your belief is founded, Sonnny !!

A group of fans actually went so far as to try to get Morrison's dental records, apparently to try to get permission to dig up his body and match the records to the remains. This was immediately blocked both by Morrison's parents and their attorneys -- at least for the time being.

www.spunk.org...

All conspiracies around Jim Morrison's death would then vanish but it seems to be lucrative enough to stop fans from finding the truth.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
excellent post!!!
i,like countless others,am a huge doors fan,and jim's writings have influenced my life in many ways.
his writing actually helped me to decide to visit 'alternative realities' in my youth!!!
he took on a whole other meaning while in this state of being!

i have read many books,and owned all of his poetry books/albums,and of course every doors album and bootleg i could get!
i like to treat jim like i do bigfoot.
LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!
if they do find either one,they will capture him,cage him,study him,put out theories on him,and basically make a carnival side show out of the whole deal!
exactly what both of them don't want!
then they would be killed so they could be dissected to see how they tick!(or for what they know!)
agin,my opinion is LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!

r.i.p mr mojo risin
mr morrison,i hope you still live,and laughing at the rest of the world!
peace

... do you remember when we were in africa?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Strange. I was just thinking about this today.

This is the way he died as I've heard it from numerous accounts:

He went to a night club to score Pam some coc aine (or heroin), Jim bought it and decided to snort it in the bathroom. It turned out being heroin and apparently snorting heroin will kill you. The people affiliated with the club- the same people whom he bought the drugs from- saw this as being bad publicity. They brought his body back to the room and put it in the bathtub.

Pam's story is different:

She claims Jim went to take a bath, she fell asleep in bed waking later to find him unresponsive in the tub. It's probable she was on drugs. I don't buy it either way.

It really wouldn't be that hard to fake his own death. If he did in fact do it, I'm sure it would provide a very unique perspective from an inspiration standpoint. How many poets have faked their own deaths and abandoned EVERYTHING? He could have just tramped around Europe and Africa Rimbaud style. Writing in exile, unpublished.

Like someone said, they could put this to rest by digging up the body, but that's a bit morbid. If his family, specifically his younger brother, believed and still believes he is dead, then I think that is probably the truth. It seems disrespectful to me to think that he would be so inconsiderate as to sever all ties with his family. I just don't see him doing that.

He could have died those years ago in a bathroom, in an apartment, in Paris or he could still be alive somewhere. Personally, I would not be surprised to see new volumes published posthumously in the coming decades.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
My curiosity with Morrison stems more from who his father was and that entire conspiracy:

en.wikipedia.org...

It seems that he was one of a group of military brats who would go on to become involved in the 60s counter culture. The mamas and the papas were also heavily military related. Being a brat myself I always find it interesting how other military kids turn out.

Whatever the case, I think that if Morrison really wanted out, he may have well faked his own death, simply as a favor to his band mates. He probably felt really guilty or breaking up the band while they were riding high on the charts, but he just did not want the lifestyle any more, so as a way to duck out easily and still allow his band mates to reap the benefits of the bands success, he just faked his death. That solution was a win win for everyone.....

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I've read the first half and will read the rest but just have to say that although I revered Jim in my younger rebellious days, I have come to see him as one of the most overrated musicians of his time. In fact I use 'Musician' lightly here.

Great writer? Ok.

I don't believe he would have been as famous as he was without his on stage antics, going against the establishment and touting drugs and alcohol as a way of life.

Many more talented musicians never received notice because at that time Jim hit a chord with the youth...rebellion. And that still stands today with so many untalented people getting the limelight because they do and say exactly is wanted from the youth. And that is usually just their voice to say what the youth can't.

All IMO of course.

Good thread OP!

Peace

Seems to depend highly on what you would call a "good musician" then...

I often hear "a good DJ is one that plays whatever the audience wants to hear" and I would say this applies to musicians too. Isn't that exactly what he did?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Great writer? Ok.

All IMO of course.

Good thread OP!

Peace

Well said!

I've always felt that Jim Morrison was also way overrated. He was a good lyricist and he came up with some good vocal melodies, but the gals of the era (Mmmm!) made him out to be more than what he was.

I've always said that if it weren't for the band Love and their front man Arthur Lee, Jim Morrison and the Doors would have been just another garage band, struggling their way through West L.A. and Hollywood just like the other L.A. bands of that era --- in my opinion.

As far as bailing on the music world: I think it's absolutely plausible. How does someone get used to that type of fame and recognition (almost overnight) and not take a step back to recognize the superficial world of the entertainment industry----especially someone as deep as Morrison?

Yeah, he may have played into the whole debauchery of Rock 'n' Roll for a few years, however, he may have realized that too much of anything can be bad for you. I doubt he faked his own death, just to get away --- yes, it's possible, but I doubt he would just disappear like that - he was a narcissist; he was Mr. Mojo Risin' for craps sake! He loved the sound of his own voice - he loved looking at himself - he loved his façade!

He was just another flame that burned too hot too fast!
edit on 10/1/2012 by the_philth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
A couple of things that keep popping up about this:
*The Media wasn't made aware of his death until two days after the funeral.
*The people that did see the funeral (namely his wife) commented on how small the coffin was, and had doubts if he could even fit in it.
*His wife dies three years after him. This is the same amount of time that the CIA had stated (back before the internet age) it took to establish a new identity for operative field agents.
*The CIA also keeps popping up (both on his rise and his death)

Could Morrison have been a CIA agent? He pops up during the late counter-culture revolution sticks around for a few years, then when the counter-culture was shown to be a farce he dies. Then after a noted time passes, his wife dies.

All odd. I don't think they would have to dig up his body, but if they dug up her body would she be there?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

So then, why Paris? Why not London or elsewhere? Jim Morrison had visited the Père Lachaise cemetery multiple times, where he ended up being buried. Strangely enough, he visited it again, only three days before his official “death”. The Père Lachaise cemetery is under tight security. No one would get in there to steal a corpse for identification. Or to open a sealed coffin that doesn`t contain one.
If that actually was a major concern, then why have a coffin/burial?

Cremation would have been the absolute safest and best choice to be made.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join