It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan: ‘Do you want Barack Obama to be re-elected? Then don’t vote for Ron Paul.’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Vote Gary Johnson then. That's what I will be doing in the vote if Paul isn't officially on the ballot. I am one of those peole that think Romney is much worse than Obama, and we may be stuck with Romney for 8 years.

Gary Johnson will not win. Ron Paul won't win. It's that simple. I voted my conscience in the primary, and Ron Paul didn't win. Voting for Johnson would be the same as writing in Ron Paul. I'm in the anybody but OBama crowd. I'm also in the anybody but a social Democrat crowd as well. At least Romney/ryan are pro business.

George Bush was "pro business" and look how that turned out?

Pretty cool

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
back in the day, I was all for voting for Ross Perot.
My Dad talked me out of it with the same "waste of a vote" b.s.
Low and behold, I didn't "waste my vote", but I certainly wasn't pleased with what I got in return for my vote.

Since then, I've learned to vote what I believe, and let the chips fall where they may.

Then I at least had my say, and whether others agree matters a lot less.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

Well, I'm not exactly a big fan of either Bush Jr or Sr. I hated that he took us to war, but the economy was much better up until the Democrats had control of Congress. Obama sucks on the economy. He sucks in foreign policy too....

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

Do you want Paul Ryan for VP? The guy's a lying snake, total opportunist, like Sarah Palin in a man's body. Can't stand that guy, he's not authentic.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Way I see it one's just going to bring the country to its breaking point sooner than the other. Same result in the end. So voting for Ron Paul will just get it over with sooner if Obama wins because of it. Supporting Romney just not my style, He has a criminal mentality along with Obama. Hmm wonder what thier FBI profile says about thier personalities.
Anyway just cant see it getting any better with either of those two clowns. Its really absurd when you step back and consider what all has transpired, that these are our choices.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

"I am actually in support of people NOT voting on a massive scale. Roughly 75% or more STAYING HOME on Election Day. Treat our Government like some third world country, declare this Government illegitimate and say in one voice that they no longer represent the interest of the People or this Country.

Fact is, our Government no longer serves the interest of the People. If they did, there would not be so many unhappy voters right now. If they did, we would not 6 trillion in debt. If they did, there would have been no banker bailouts. If they did, we would not be occupying foreign lands. If they did, we would not still be involved in wars for 11 years and counting now. "

Very well put.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nonameworks
Way I see it one's just going to bring the country to its breaking point sooner than the other. Same result in the end. So voting for Ron Paul will just get it over with sooner if Obama wins because of it. Supporting Romney just not my style, He has a criminal mentality along with Obama. Hmm wonder what thier FBI profile says about thier personalities.
Anyway just cant see it getting any better with either of those two clowns. Its really absurd when you step back and consider what all has transpired, that these are our choices.

That is just it. Those 2 are not your only choices. The msm and the 2 parties want you to think they are your only choices. Until people break free and wake up from the 2 party illusion delusion.

And yes unfortunately a vote for Ron Paul would be wasted as HE IS NOT RUNNING!! I loved Dr. Paul's message, he brought me out of my "voter apathy". After what the RNC pulled it will take another Ron Paul to get me to vote republican ever. And that'll take 30 years of consistent public service. I'll be dead by then.

The candidate with a message nearest to Dr. Paul's is GARY JOHNSON.

Heck Rosie O'donnell is on the ballot, she tells it like it is and a vote for her is a vote against the douopoly of the democrats and republicans. Two parties seemingly hell bent on destroying our country.

The 4 main parties in the US
Libertarian
Republican
Democrat
Green

although the R's and D's won't let the L's and G's on 100% of the ballots, they are the most covered of all the parties.

Anyways there is my 85 cents.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The same crap we heard about Ron Paul... if a vote for Johnson is a vote for obama... HOW COME THE LEFT WINGED MEDIA ISN'T PUSHING IT.

I mean really with all the RP people who watched the corruption of the RNC why isn't CNN reporting it every day trying to get the RP people and independents to completely walk away from the Republicans.

Yeah... think about that for a while.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by campanionator

Well, I'm not exactly a big fan of either Bush Jr or Sr. I hated that he took us to war, but the economy was much better up until the Democrats had control of Congress. Obama sucks on the economy. He sucks in foreign policy too....

Sorry but you can't blame the Democrats in congress for the economy. They didn't force Bush to sign anything and he was the one that came up with the idea of giving tax breaks to companies that moved overseas.

The economy is growing under Obama despite the Republicans blocking every jobs bill Obama comes up with. How can anyone vote Republican anymore when they are so clearly anti American.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Originally posted by MidnightTide

You are imposters.
Those who say they support Ron Paul but will vote Obama are imposters.
Ron Paul stood for less government. Obama stands for more government.

You are imposters from the Obama camp. You can try to deny it but nobody will believe you except other deceivers.

If you vote for either of those clowns you are an imposter....both are globalist puppets.

Obama will take your money and give it to someone else via social programs and Romney will just give it to the corporations.

# choices.
edit on 25-9-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

Show me how Romney will give money to corporations. And if he does, why it will not lead to more jobs. Don't just repeat the mantra.

He keeps crying for deregulation's on the banks and wall street. It was because of the lax regulations on the banks and wall street that led to crash which cost many people their jobs.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

we need to get rid of the this 2 party system. they are one in the same. I fight with my idiot brother(TEACHER). he is all for more govt and govt jobs. I tell him RP wants lesser govt and he tells me the govt protects us!!!!!!!!!!! I laughed and said i gotta go!!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

You are imposters.
Those who say they support Ron Paul but will vote Obama are imposters.
Ron Paul stood for less government. Obama stands for more government.

You are imposters from the Obama camp. You can try to deny it but nobody will believe you except other deceivers.

Candidates stand for much more than "less government" or "more government". Broaden your perspective a bit. There are plenty of reasons an Obama supporter would have voted for Ron Paul had he won the primary.

Ron Paul is about freedom, equality, and peace. Those are all things that liberals generally want. Some of us want those things so badly that we are willing to denounce our party and our economic and governmental ideologies in order to attain them.

To think that this concept of government "size" (which isn't really universally quantifiable to begin with) is the on the forefront of everybody's thoughts is very presumptuous and far off the mark.

The RNC was told what would happen if they weren't genuine during their primary and that Paul supporters would not vote for Romney (yet all Romney supporters would have voted RP). Now all of the republicans are acting surprised that the RP supporters weren't bluffing. Maybe it's because they are not used to honest people who vote with integrity and who vote for something and not against something.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

I disagree. If, as a regstered voter, I believe that none of the candidates are worthy of my vote for what ever reason, I shouldn't give them that vote just to say you voted. Example: One candidate is war mongering torture fanatic, the other wants to legalize pedophilia. I wouldn't vote for either. But with your thought process you would most deffinatly have one or the other. People need to use their right to not vote. It's as important as voting.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is what I will be doing for Mr Paul Ryan and his pal Mittens.....in fact I will go one better and shoot the double bird out to both parties. They can kiss my keister, neither of our current two choices are even remotely trying to fix several of the fundamental problems that are currently plaguing this nation, so they dont deserve my vote.

www.youtube.com...

In fact i am most in agreement with the poster about not voting at all as that tells the true story of not silently agreeing that their system is the one that works. Politicians look at the overall situation and say well they participated in voting so our set-up is fine, when in reality the whole system is flawed and we think flocking to a voting both is fixing things, in reality its just saying 'we dont care that you are screwing us completely and overall, just give us a new face to address these non-issues, and we have no problem being a part of your flawed system'.....screw that. Ive recently realized that the only time voting is a positive thing is when someone like Ron Paul or Gary Johnson are running, when we have the opportunity to try and fix things from the inside, but time and time again has shown us that this scenario fails, so its just best not to vote at all, at least you arent giving them any validity when you do that.

I still cant figure out how Obama (or any other president for that matter) took office with less than 51% of the popular vote. 70,000,000 out of 205,000,000 registered voters does not equal more than half any way you slice it, and until our population can at least gather around a single candidate with more than 50% of the population's consent, we should throw them both out and have elections every 3 months until we find someone who garners that much support from the people they are representing. And you cant go in back-back cycles neither, if the people didnt like you the first time, you must wait until after a new legitimate president is in place before you can run again. You wont be able to run, not gain 50%+, then run in the next election, you would have to wait until a new president was chosen to re-qualify. This would force both the candidates and the people be up on voting and actually representing people so that they could garner that support. The citizens would have incentive to vote since we would be without government until we found a president, and it would make the candidates be more in touch with their constituents and offer up valid positions that truly helped the people. Plus I think a mid-term evaluation would be beneficial as well, let these politicians know we mean business when it comes to running this country or else we hold a new election if they arent performing up to standard.
edit on 26-9-2012 by phishfriar47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

I was thinking of writing in myself in this same fashion.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Exactly. I'll support opposing ideals if the one holding the ideals is honest, not a pawn and is a proponent of individual freedom and non-interventionism.

Romney/Ryan is the worst ticket I have ever seen. It's a big happy funny circus and people just take it. In no other country do people just accept and take it like they do here.... Well, no other supposed 'Democratic' country.

As it stands now between Obama and Romney, I'd prefer Obama. Though we know they serve the same masters, I suppose it's just a matter of who's face I can stand more and Romney has the rattiest face ever.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Haha. Neocon voter fools eat it up. Just like they never think of fluoride poisoned drinking water and a cultural of mutilating genitals in a for profit insurance mafia medical system.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by milominderbinder

Do you want Paul Ryan for VP? The guy's a lying snake, total opportunist, like Sarah Palin in a man's body. Can't stand that guy, he's not authentic.

Absolutely not. I can't stand the guy. At least Sarah Palin could use being cognitively impaired as an excuse. Ryan is just plain old-fashioned loathesome.

Gary Johnson, 2012 as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenforty4
reply to post by Cuervo

Exactly. I'll support opposing ideals if the one holding the ideals is honest, not a pawn and is a proponent of individual freedom and non-interventionism.

Romney/Ryan is the worst ticket I have ever seen. It's a big happy funny circus and people just take it. In no other country do people just accept and take it like they do here.... Well, no other supposed 'Democratic' country.

As it stands now between Obama and Romney, I'd prefer Obama. Though we know they serve the same masters, I suppose it's just a matter of who's face I can stand more and Romney has the rattiest face ever.

I agree with you. If those were the only two choices, I would also prefer Obama.

Luckily we have Gary Johnson on the ballot in all 50 states and Julie Stein on the ballot in 40-something states.

I'm all done voting for Demlicans and Republocrats

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join