It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD deployed mysterious surveillance truck at OWS anniversary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

NYPD deployed mysterious surveillance truck at OWS anniversary

rt.com

It’s no secret that the NYPD regularly tracks movement across Manhattan using thousands of surveillance cameras installed on the island, but protesters at last week’s Occupy Wall Street anniversary were in the presence of a whole new spy system.

Researchers with the PrivacySOS.org blog spotted an unusual get-up attached to a New York Police Department vehicle during the recent September 17 actions that commemorated Occupy’s one-year anniversary. More than a week later, little remains known about unusual equipment assumed to be state-of-the-art surveillance technology previously used d
(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Has anyone ever seen one of these before?

My next question is if this is what they say it is, how long until these will be common and considered normal?

I know that whatever this thing exactly is still up for speculation but my concern is that it may contain similar technology as the airport scanners that emit dangerous radiation. The mobile versions are said to be more dangerous.

Another possibility is that this thing may have some of those new weapons they have been talking about such as the heat ray crowd dispersal cannon.

I have a feeling we will be seeing more of these as time progresses. The public should have more of a say when it comes to this type of technology being used against them especially when it comes to domestic protests.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thinkin out loud , I say its a frequency weapon ..
Every one in front of it would have been brought to there knees with never before felt internal pain..
They just never used it

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

maybe QUIK STIK trademark by Patriot Sensors & Controls Corporation

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hbarker

Yes I agree with your thoughts and wouldnt put it past them, to use some kind of weapon on peaceful protestors. Lets face it, in the USA unless you are in the gang, with a wad of cash. You are just a slave to the elite. Money rules in the states. Dosnt matter who you are, MONEY is the king. Vote ? Vote for what? The next rich puppet that is selected by the banksters.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I wish the image was larger and had shots from different angles. It would certainly help to identify what the function of this piece of equipment is.

As for the name possibly giving any hints .... no idea,... unless it shoots sticky projectiles (shrug). Wouldn't be a bad idea on their part, if this is that case, actually. (As long as you don't hit any orifices)

ETA:

Or like one of the posters above me suggestion "frequency" based deterrent.
edit on 20-9-2012 by AeonStorm because: eta

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

www.ametekusg.com...

not sure about its use...??

snoopyuk

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Maybe Bloomberg was just trying to catch the lawbreakers that might be drinking a Big Gulp 32-ouncer!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
According to this website it is used for communication / microwave? Something to deal with that I guess...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Looks like a collapsed or folded down antenna of some sort.
edit on 9/20/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

They're sensors according to three quarters down this page.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I wonder what the sensors are for?

Perhaps it's something simple and I'm just not realizing it, but there were some other gadgets too that I would like to know what they were.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Me too. Going off the photo, it's pointed upwards but I wouldn't think it was steep enough an angle to be satellite-related. So I wonder if it's a super-sensitive sensor for gunfire? Maybe it detects gunfire in noisy situations?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Microwave communications equipment. Many television stations use the exact same thing. No sensors, just over active imaginations.

Oh BTW, just saying.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
looks like some kind of scanner for private networks for people trying to mask organized communications?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If it is used to protect the people of NewYork, Fine I am all for it!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

It's a measuring device. We used simular gauges in the autoimotive industry.

Linear transducer

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
If it is used to protect the people of NewYork, Fine I am all for it!

The advent of this new technology to point and click at people and beam energy at them to damage their cells and DNA is not a good thing,

The future of human society is humpty dumpty. Once the DNA is destroyed....there is NO putting it back together again. I also don't agree with New York City possessing Surface to Air missiles. Did you see the news awhile back where the Mayor said the City now possesses the ability to shoot down aircraft?

I thought that's why we had a military.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The Quik-Stik II LDT, with its high resolution and industrial construction, is at home in areas such as assembly automation, material handling, robotics, and any other industrial area where highly accurate and reliable continuous linear position sensing is needed.

Why on earth you need such precision to control a group of people ? Not enough cop around ?
Smells fishy and fish stick human sort come to mind.

"Acknowledge, all officer please move out from perimeter, ......threat neutralised into charcoal in subjected areas."

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Im not sure but I found this interesting piece on micro waves and mind control.

www.whale.to...

Its to do with mobile phones. So who knows the truth of the matter. Mind control on protestors? Be a good way to get them off the streets or to stop a protest

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join