It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD deployed mysterious surveillance truck at OWS anniversary

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies and research from everyone who participated. It appears that this device is nothing more than some type of tool for communications.

RT really sensationalized this story, maybe RT (and myself) should have done a little more research before posting this news.

I'm still open to any suggestions and or findings that any members may come across.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
If it is used to protect the people of NewYork, Fine I am all for it!

The advent of this new technology to point and click at people and beam energy at them to damage their cells and DNA is not a good thing,

The future of human society is humpty dumpty. Once the DNA is destroyed....there is NO putting it back together again. I also don't agree with New York City possessing Surface to Air missiles. Did you see the news awhile back where the Mayor said the City now possesses the ability to shoot down aircraft?

I thought that's why we had a military.

They've been installing something similar to what you're describing - beaming energy to damage cells, whether on purpose or not - on all homes and businesses. They're called "smart" meters. Much more info here: stopsmartmeters.org...

Here are some quotes from the front page: "FACT: Smart Meters '…can be used to pinpoint the use of most major household appliances. Such detailed information about the in-home activities of electricity customers can thus be used to piece together a fairly detailed picture of an individual’s daily life or routine.'”

"FACT: One PG&E Smart Meter can transmit up to 190,000 pulses a day."

"FACT: Over-billing complaints have been reported widely after Smart Meters are installed. Customers in Bakersfield CA were so outraged about overcharging they filed a class action lawsuit against PG&E."

"FACT: Daniel Hirsch, a UC researcher, has calculated that smart meters expose you to more than 100 times the full body, cumulative exposure as a cell phone."

If you don't have one of these already, please put a sign under your safe, analog meter that says "DO NOT REPLACE METER. We refuse the "smart" meter due to health, safety, and privacy issues."

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I don't believe that the OWS agenda is clear enough for the government to feel seriously threatened by them. Many people I know who you could classify as "progressive" are off-put by the listlessness of OWS as a whole.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by morethanyou
Microwave communications equipment. Many television stations use the exact same thing. No sensors, just over active imaginations.

Oh BTW, just saying.

You got it.
Extendable towers that can combine with other tech and transmit microwave communication to various agencies with Integrated face recognition software automatically ID's and runs those individuals through NCIC and other reporting agencies for 'wants and warrants' also compares individuals to databases who have been previously associated with other groups (radicals, extremists, etc), and/or incidents.
This information gives them a heads up on who to particularly pay attention to. (I.E. who might most likely want to blow something up and hurt you).

Mind control and DNA zappers? Good lord folks. There IS actually good intent within police agencies although I can't speak for all them for sure!
edit on 21-9-2012 by Lonewulph because: spell

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Its an portable high powered antenna from what I see. I'd say the only thing it would be used for against masses of protestors would be to block cell phone/wifi frequencies to stop communication.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
A quick google search shows that this device was on top of a news agency's SUV, and not by the NYPD

i70.photobucket.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Dont be surprised if the police farce deploys LRAD's , after all those peaceful protesters are obviously a threat to homeland security sarcasm

The question is what bank will fund NYPD future scaler weapons?

edit on 21-9-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Hey now. I think that snoopyuk may be onto something. At the top of the page in red letters it says "AC and DC contactors and emergency disconnects". Could this be the toy that I have heard about that shuts down cell phones and cameras at protests by disconnecting dc power within the phones? Dunno...
"ac/dc contactors and disconnects": Standard industrial production machinery electro-mechanical equipment.(I'm very familiar with them) :

Contactors, Starters & Disconnect Switches Allen-Bradley® offers a full line of versatile and robust contactors and starters for both IEC and NEMA applications. These products are environmentally friendly, versatile and flexible. Our IEC contactors offer AC and DC control. Our NEMA contactors and starters are known for rugged construction, dependable performance and long electrical life.

ab.rockwellautomation.com...

Any Plant electrician is going to be intimately familiar with that stuff.Nothing scary going on at that link folks.

They don't want people taking pictures of the abuse anymore, right? Maybe this has something to do with that. Or could be they record all cell activity in an area. They call it a sensor, but that could be deceptive? Maybe its a jammer. Keeps live feeds and links from getting out.

www.ametekusg.com...

Edit: Here it is deployed from crypto me.org. There appear to be two different devices here.

edit on 21-9-2012 by intrptr because: pic

We've established above it's a common off the shelf tv crew video microwave video link transmitter: nothing nefarious.
The red coiled cable is so the top of the mast can rotate 360 degrees. the left mast has a pan&tilt with possibly a camera mounted on top.
edit on 21-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Its a mobile communications center

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absoluttruth
I don't believe that the OWS agenda is clear enough for the government to feel seriously threatened by them. Many people I know who you could classify as "progressive" are off-put by the listlessness of OWS as a whole.

That is a drawback to marijuana isn't it.?????????????????..

Plus they're easily pacified with a 500lb Spicy Ranch Dorito cluster bomb.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
A quick google search shows that this device was on top of a news agency's SUV, and not by the NYPD

i70.photobucket.com...

As I said, the original photo did not show the whole vehicle so they could claim it was the NYPD!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

that post is the only thing gonna stop this x-press I guess

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

the left mast has a pan&tilt with possibly a camera mounted on top

Thats not a camera. That is a black sensor "cone" (like an upside down dixie cup) that detects signals locally. Like the ones on top of telephone poles. The "camera bit" you see is a box with a swivel just under the cone. What about the "emergency" in the "emergency disconnect" red letters at the top of the page? You left that word out.

The white dish part that looks like a bull horn is the satellite transceiver. The other one would not pick up many signals in the canyons of the city streets. It could have multiple purposes. Look again. The other stuff you said, I have no problem with. Thanks for that.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Ddaaammmm, I thought the "M" word would deep 6 it for sure.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by radioboffin
The device that you all are thinking is a whizzy death ray is in fact a fairly low power broadcast video microwave backhaul link aerial. The reason for the sensor is the antenna is raised up and pointed in a specific direction to beam the signal back to police HQ.

It's EXACTLY the same off-the-shelf technology that's used by your local TV stations, and perhaps explained that its the same technology used on the ground thats also used to watch those high speed car chases on the freeway beamed from a helicopter.

Thanks for that, I can't believe some of the responses here that automatically jump to 'police control, big brother, cell phone interruption, really? Someone even said they cancel out cell phones because they don't want you to film 'the abuse'!
That is funny as hell because police here actually WANT to put up cameras 'in the public' so we can record those $&@?'s that are robbing you or shooting downtown, they WANT to catch police abuse, and those opposed to it are calling it 'big brother!!
Oh, but as soon as something is going down, they (the ones crying big brother), whip out their cell phones and start filming...so who is big brother? ugh!
edit on 23-9-2012 by Lonewulph because: To clarify

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join