It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Jokes (I think this is worth the look.)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

Dear Skinon,

How are these jokes?

Jokes are ment to be funny or at the very least invoke some sort of emotional response. It felt like a was reading nothing, i forgot the sentence pretty much straight after reading them.

Maybe they should go in under the worst jokes of all time? Or just muddled sentences which mean nothing.
If you're referring to the three Islamic jokes, from their website, which I posted in the OP, you are absolutely right. You've caught what may be the main point. At least to Westerners, there is no humor there that we can recognize. (I just had a thought. I wonder if these are funny to anybody.) Is this a deeply ingrained situation in Muslim society? Are their brains "wired" differently? If so, how do we communicate with them, really communicate, I mean.

As far as

Haha, but i do have a sick sense of humour...
Sure you do, but it's a sense of humor we can laugh with. (Even if we're a little embarrased to be laughing.) I would think, and I'm just guessing here, that upon hearing

A man goes into an adult entertainment shop. . .
a Muslim would either not understand, plug his ears, or threaten you.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Cheer up Charlie!

I liked your jokes better although it would probably be a death sentence somewhere....

It's interesting to see a small example of just how different they are wired.
By their deffinition my heart is ruined

edit on 19-9-2012 by AussieAmandaC because: and then you said wired in the above post! freaky!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Yea it's crazy how we as a western race, can generally laugh at everything, i laugh at all jokes from all religions, dead baby jokes, blonde jokes, i laugh if they are good... Doesn't mean i dont like certain things but it just shows you should be able to be entitled to your own opinions. Yet if you insult allah or something as trivial as that, you can get your head chopped off with a knife or workplace blown up. They have NO right to kill people for there own beliefs. No one does. If there is a hell and there beliefs do end up being the 'right' one, then all those people who misuse the quran to allow the treatment of woman and people like they do, will be getting a shock when they fid themselves burning in agony for the rest of time. Its some conselation i suppose.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I think you pose some really great questions, what is it exactly they are in a rage about all the time.

Can it be just put down to location and faith and their own collective history. Perhaps it is even in the land itself, as it can hold onto energies/spiritual, or they see it as a right of passage for the men to be agressive and show how men should be.......? I dunno

Something seems very 'broken' with them though, perhaps it's in the family dynamics/genes.
I mentioned on another thread perhaps it's time to start thinking of them as having a mental illness and deal with them that way maybe.

Incidentally do you know if they have a timeline of a sort to when their messiah (or what ever he is called) returns?
Because If it is undefinable they could continue this way for ever.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Dear AussieAmandaC,

Thanks for the response. It's just about 2 a.m. here, and I might be getting a little tired, but I'm starting to feel a little sad about this whole thing.

I don't want to come to the conclusions about Islam that this is leading me to. I'd really hate to be a diplomat there.

Usually, when one starts a thread having anything to do with Islam, there are a half dozen supporters of Islam all over it. But tonight? Almost nothing. If we can't even meet over humor (or humour), how can we talk to each other? How do we communicate with people that seem to have no joy except in conquest and destruction?

I'd better call it quits. I'll be brighter tomorrow. (Ooops, later today.)

With respect,
Charles1952

P.s. Please don't worry about your heart. I've heard Australian hearts are the toughest there are. - C -

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

I can laugh at religious jokes, because there is actual insight in religious jokes. Religious supremacy has had to be fought off in the West and it is that religious attitude of supremacy(My way is right and yours isn't) that used to jail people for holding scientific views. That's what makes religion funny to ridicule - because 100 years ago the religious would kill you for it. Now, they can't and they know it.

Dead baby jokes, jokes about the hungry and poor - those kind of jokes, unless specifically designed to make you think about the hardships of others, are not entertaining to me - so not funny either, where is the context? Do I think about someone I know who had a still born baby? Do I think about a kid going to bed hungry? Do I think about people dying of hunger to get the point?

To me there is a difference in between these things.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

My sides are sore

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Thank you,
I share a piece of mine willingly with you, in the hope that it will help you to stay strong and fight against the urges to write them off. No one is a lost cause or we all are, that's how I see it.
and
there is most deffinately something there worth saving, I'm convinced of that at least.

There must be a way Charlie Brown

there has to be

we just have to find it

sweet dreams or good morning to you, you choose X
but tomorrow/today will be beautiful

Amanda

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
youtu.be...

youtu.be...

I absolutely LOVE watching these guys dance, they are so graceful.

youtu.be...

Strange beast we humans yes?

youtu.be...

edit on 083030p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
They have a few good ones mocking the "Muslem Rage" cover.

Tweeters mock Newsweek's #MuslimRage cover with humour

Many of those who poked fun at the article's headline were Muslim. "MuslimRage" was the sixth most-talked about topic —or "trending topic"— on Twitter among U.S.-based users on Monday. It was also a top trender in Pakistan and the United Arab Emirates.

One of the most popular posts came from "Hend", a user whose profile photo features a woman in a Muslim head covering: "I'm having such a good hair day. No one even knows. (hash)MuslimRage".

Another reads: "Lost your kid Jihad at the airport. Can't yell for him. (hash)MuslimRage".

Yet another tweet laments: "Head & Shoulders still hasn't made a beard conditioner. (hash)MuslimRage"

Montreal Gazzette

The 2nd one is my favorite.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

I think you pose some really great questions, what is it exactly they are in a rage about all the time.

Can it be just put down to location and faith and their own collective history. Perhaps it is even in the land itself, as it can hold onto energies/spiritual, or they see it as a right of passage for the men to be agressive and show how men should be.......? I dunno

Something seems very 'broken' with them though, perhaps it's in the family dynamics/genes.
I mentioned on another thread perhaps it's time to start thinking of them as having a mental illness and deal with them that way maybe.

Incidentally do you know if they have a timeline of a sort to when their messiah (or what ever he is called) returns?
Because If it is undefinable they could continue this way for ever.

I think you hit the nail on the head here,

"Something seems very 'broken' with them though, perhaps it's in the family dynamics/genes.
I mentioned on another thread perhaps it's time to start thinking of them as having a mental illness and deal with them that way maybe".

The countries you see the most rioting/protesting in are the most repressed. You can't systematically inbreed and repress half of society without repercussions. I'm sure a lot are ignorant, having been denied education. But genetic damage from 1,500 years of marrying cousins is a lot of "peeing in the gene pool".

How much rioting do you hear of from Dubai, Qatar even Iran? Iran is a good example, their literacy rate is something like 20% higher than the regional average, Women are in the majority in higher education there. Yet we attempt to paint them with the same broad brush I bet they have a better sense of humor than the regional average too.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

1,500 years of marrying cousins is a lot of "peeing in the gene pool".

Oh my gosh I was going to bring that up but was kinda afraid to, I recently read a report on this subject.

www.rightsidenews.com...

A rough estimate shows that close to half of all Muslims in the world are inbred: In Pakistan, 70 percent of all marriages are between first cousins (so-called "consanguinity") and in Turkey the amount is between 25-30 percent (Jyllands-Posten, 27/2 2009 More stillbirths among immigrants"
Statistical research on Arabic countries shows that up to 34 percent of all marriages in Algiers are consanguine (blood related), 46 percent in Bahrain, 33 percent in Egypt, 80 percent in Nubia (southern area in Egypt), 60 percent in Iraq, 64 percent in Jordan, 64 percent in Kuwait, 42 percent in Lebanon, 48 percent in Libya, 47 percent in Mauritania, 54 percent in Qatar, 67 percent in Saudi Arabia, 63 percent in Sudan, 40 percent in Syria, 39 percent in Tunisia, 54 percent in the United Arabic Emirates and 45 percent in Yemen (Reproductive Health Journal, 2009 Consanguinity and reproductive health among Arabs.).

A large part of inbred Muslims are born from parents who are themselves inbred - which increase the risks of negative mental and physical consequenses greatly.

The amount of blood related marriages is lower among Muslim immigrants living in the West. Among Pakistanis living in Denmark the amount is down to 40 percent and 15 percent among Turkish immigrants (Jyllands-Posten, 27/2 2009 More stillbirths among immigrants".).

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yep, be prepared for flames.

It is okay to call someone from Kentucky inbred, with absolutely zero evidence to back it up....and that's funny.

Call the Muslims inbred AND have data to back it up..... Well, you are just a horrible person.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It is okay to call someone from Kentucky inbred,

I know, and I am not bringing this up because I have hatred for these people,

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by butcherguy

It is okay to call someone from Kentucky inbred,

I know, and I am not bringing this up because I have hatred for these people,

I believe that.
But facts are facts, and I am glad that you aren't afraid to post what you feel.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by KaiserSoze

1,500 years of marrying cousins is a lot of "peeing in the gene pool".

"Oh my gosh I was going to bring that up but was kinda afraid to, I recently read a report on this subject".

www.rightsidenews.com...

A rough estimate shows that close to half of all Muslims in the world are inbred: In Pakistan, 70 percent of all marriages are between first cousins (so-called "consanguinity") and in Turkey the amount is between 25-30 percent (Jyllands-Posten, 27/2 2009 More stillbirths among immigrants"
Statistical research on Arabic countries shows that up to 34 percent of all marriages in Algiers are consanguine (blood related), 46 percent in Bahrain, 33 percent in Egypt, 80 percent in Nubia (southern area in Egypt), 60 percent in Iraq, 64 percent in Jordan, 64 percent in Kuwait, 42 percent in Lebanon, 48 percent in Libya, 47 percent in Mauritania, 54 percent in Qatar, 67 percent in Saudi Arabia, 63 percent in Sudan, 40 percent in Syria, 39 percent in Tunisia, 54 percent in the United Arabic Emirates and 45 percent in Yemen (Reproductive Health Journal, 2009 Consanguinity and reproductive health among Arabs.).

A large part of inbred Muslims are born from parents who are themselves inbred - which increase the risks of negative mental and physical consequenses greatly.

The amount of blood related marriages is lower among Muslim immigrants living in the West. Among Pakistanis living in Denmark the amount is down to 40 percent and 15 percent among Turkish immigrants (Jyllands-Posten, 27/2 2009 More stillbirths among immigrants".).

Why? It is the ugly truth but it is factual and surely must play at least some part in everything happening.

It was always easier to get the "backward" kid upset and having a fit on the school playground and it is no different now that he's grown up. A lot of the unrest is started by using humor as a weapon, "The Innocence Of Muslims" clip was so absurd it was comical, but if you are an adult with a elementary school intellect and a very repressed upbringing it probably looks completely different.

I think this is all orchestrated to upset muslims to protesting, riots and violence to lead up to more war. If the "petro-dollar" is on it's last legs as indicated by many countries willing to trade oil in currency other than dollars then war is imminent. Rather than face our economic demise and rampant political/government corruption we will cause as much unrest as possible and drag everyone down with us.

An Islamic man found the face of Allah in a tub of margarine.

His neighbour from Nepal saw it and said "I can't believe it's not Buddha"

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So

I just want to talk like an empty bigot.

Hey people , I am on your boat

We have plans to insult people on the other boat.

They call themselves Muslims or ....

They .....

So , we should gather to hide our emptiness.So repeat after me. "our boat is bigger than you , we could sink you down"

Any one with the bigot ?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Now I would understand if they protested these "jokes".

They suck.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
One difference is that your family's religion didn't have a billion plus believers who wanted to slap the entire world silly. (No, I'm not saying every Muslim is a homicidal maniac, but if I wanted to go to just one religious leader to get a thousand terrorists, it wouldn't be the Dali Lama (sp?).)

No no, the slapping part was not for telling a joke, I wasn't telling a joke. I was merely telling him what I was taught in school. He would have slapped me silly for talking stupid....

With my example, the "black stockings church" here in Holland is a rather small community and is decreasing, which means it's mostly old folks.

Now I could stand outside their church on Sunday and start telling jokes about their religion when they enter and leave, I would be exercising my freedom of speech.

BUT freedom comes with responsibility!! Common sense would dictate that insulting those people might be funny for me but not for them. Continuing with the jokes every Sunday would be considered antagonizing and at that point "expressing yourself" turns into "deliberately hurting them".

Now would it be a vibrant community consisting of not only old people but also young people then chances are pretty big they might act irrational in return for hurting their community member's feelings. They may not call the police but start to push back....you know how young folks are.

Not good but equally bad.

And I feel some folks are really pushing it with there freedom of speech.

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Muslim's are generally quite insular, so I expect not many people will get their jokes.

They live in a world of muslim mentality, and I doubt we'll ever hear them producing jokes that reflect the western world.

People make jokes about everything, and non-muslims should be able to make jokes about muslims, after all, they base their way of life on a fictitious belief, just like kids who believe in santa clause, and no one complains when we make father xmas jokes!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join