It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you getting the premonition that a lot of people seem to be getting?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I would have to say that I have uneasy feelings about the future.

I think that there are several possible catastrophes that will be played out in the near future. First is war in the mid east. It seems that this will happen before the US elections.

Second, economic catastrophy. The US government is spending a trillion dollars more each year than it takes in. This cannot continue and in my opinion will lead to massive inflation (at a minimum) in the near future. The politicians all refuse to talk about this but it could reak world wide havoc.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Yes, there MIGHT be a war with Iran. That's a big might. A billion other things might happen, but I am supremely confident that they won't.
2012 will pass without incident. The world will continue to turn just as it has done for billions of years.
It's paranoia you are experiencing. Of course it feels real to you, paranoia always feels real, that's the point. This particular incidence may well have a different vibe, but ultimately, so what? It's more acute? It's more intense? It's still just a feeling!

Nothing major will happen. Which is bad in one way; it's so damn boring!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToeJamX
reply to post by Aazadan

The reason that you feel this impending sense of doom is quite simple. You spend a good part of your time reading and thinking about it. I love ATS, but I see it as entertainment, not a source of news or real information. The sun isn't part of a binary system with it's partner orbiting at such a high eccentricity that we only see it every few thousand years, that wouldn't be possible. When I look at a clock during the 11 o'clock hour, there's only one chance in sixty that it will be 11:11. There are no aliens or spacecraft visiting us, nor will there be, reptillians, people communicating with oracles from other galaxies, etc. I could ramble on some more, but I trust you get my point.

I get what you're saying but that's not it. I'm pretty new to ATS, I've only been registered for a couple of days and have read maybe 15 or 20 threads. This feeling has gone back years, to around 2005-2006 I would say. Maybe my feeling is different from everyone else, I don't get the feeling of impending doom in the form of some monumental event. Rather it's just the realization that the society were told we have is a giant lie and that it's pretty fragile as well.

To give an example, in the days just prior to the financial crisis when congress knew the whole thing was about to implode we had reports of our Senators and Representatives going to ATM's hoarding as much cash each day as possible along with purchasing weapons in the expectation that it was about to be a SHTF scenario. The people elected to solve the problems thought the solution was to get a head start on a run on the banks and hope someone else (the Federal Reserve) could fix things. That's what I'm talking about by a void, there's no longer a confidence that our government is capable of performing it's job. It's just been replaced by an empty void where things seem to be in a stalemate that prevents anything from even being attempted to change the situation. Less than 10 years ago I used to believe strongly in the idea of American Exceptionalism, today all I see is the supposed best of us struggling to achieve mediocrity. And the sense of doom is that we no longer have the ability to fix our own problems which will just lead to things getting worse and worse until we have a societal collapse from a compounding of issues.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the doom I feel is coming isn't a giant Armageddon but rather a slow death by a thousand paper cuts.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zane Zackerly

I understand what you mean. For me the feeling is like if you were awakened by someone knocking on your door in the middle of the night, or that midnight phone call that wakes you out of your sleep. To me it is a sickening feeling, you don't want to answer either of them, but you have too.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Originally posted by Whateva69

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
I bet that at least half of the people who reply to this thread with some sort of a "Yeah. Me Too!!", are saying it as nothing more than just wishful thinking.

This is not a feeling one wishes for.
That's not what I meant. It's not the feeling that is being wished for. It is the event.

I was referring to those whom are tired of waiting, and are eagerly anticipating some sort of catastrophic event, wherein they may finally be able to get some good use out of their lil friend B.O.B.

Most will never admit it, and some may not even realize it, but others may become somewhat disappointed, after waking up in the morning of the day after, and realizing that nothing happened. I think that some of those people would just jump right on the bandwagon, by answering with a "Yes! I have been feeling it too!", for no actual reason aside from wishful thinking.

Originally posted by Whateva69

[color=C7BEA7]It comes and goes, It has you on edge when you feel it, It heightens your awareness, It has you listening to absolutely everything from how the birds are chirping to how much breeze is moving through the trees, Its like someone is breathing down your neck but there is no breath, Its in the walls of your house and the floor you stand on, its outside your window and down the street.
Ya know, there's actually a specific word that fits this↑description quite well.

Paranoia

[color=857F6F]1: a psychosis characterized by systematized delusions of persecution or grandeur usually without hallucinations

[color=C7BEA7]2: a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others

edit on 9/18/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Most will never admit it, and some may not even realize it, but others may become somewhat disappointed, after waking up in the morning of the day after, and realizing that nothing happened. I think that some of those people would just jump right on the bandwagon, by answering with a "Yes! I have been feeling it too!", for no actual reason aside from wishful thinking.

Once again: if you had the feeling you'd know it, and you'd know that something is about to happen.

That's why I chose the word "premonition".

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Clearly some of you don't "get it" ...

I've noticed an "attitude" with those that don't "get it" ...

And I think some of those people that don't "get it" are actually more terrified than any of us that do ...

After all they can't even admit that massive change is happening very quickly ...

In fact, if I can plan it, I plan on not being around any of those types when "it" happens ...

I think they may be more dangerous than the event ...

edit on 18-9-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
There are more and more people every day. We all need to share and be truthful. Less breeding more gardening, and learn to live on less with less. Nature needs to be taken care of. Or the planet will be a place no one wants to be.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Yes, I am one who have the premonition that something big is coming, something that will effect everything and everyone on the planet, may kill us all, may save us from ourselves. No one knows. I do know we, humanity, have friends in the Universe, whether we tend to believe in them or not.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zane Zackerly

Once again: if you had the feeling you'd know it, and you'd know that something is about to happen.

So you can say with 100% certainty that you know something is about to happen? I doubt that. What you're doing is fearing the unknown. The problem is you don't know what's going to happen, and it worries you—all of you.

edit on 18-9-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by Zane Zackerly

So you can say with 100% certainty that you know something is about to happen? I doubt that. What you're doing is fearing the unknown. The problem is you don't know what's going to happen, and it worries you—all of you.

edit on 18-9-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

I can say that I've had feelings of overall anxiety, or some general fear of the future, or some"paranoia" before.

This is different.

Someone on the other thread described it as "a disturbance in the Force", and this seems applicable.

I also might add, if you want to continue the Star Wars metaphor, that it's like when a character would say, "I've got a bad feeling about this."

Remember when Luke was on the shuttle with the rest of the rebels in Return of the Jedi, and he spontanteously says, "I'm endangering the mission. I shouldn't have come." He KNEW that what he was sensing was correct.

Now, if nothing happens then the naysayers will obviously have a field day with it. I have experience to believe that at least some things about the future can be changed. I do not believe necessarily that everything happens because of "destiny."

This premontion I describe, though, very definitely feels like "fulfillment of destiny." You know that it's going to happen; if you turn the corner to avoid it you simply run into it anyway.

Again, I do not want to be condescending, but it's kind of like describing how a strawberry tastes. If you've never eaten a strawberry, no amount of descriptive words can ever convey the flavor to you.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I also don't wish to sound condescending, but people have gut feelings all the time. Whether they come to fruition or not have nothing to do with extra-sensory abilities. It's guess work. If one guesses something bad is going to happen, he's having a premonition. But that doesn't change the fact that its a guess—whether the outcome is probable or not.

If the economy is failing, countries are in dispute and often bad occurrences are happening, you'd have to have your head in the sand to not have a premonition.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Be specific, people! Otherwise you're attributing way, WAY too much significance to vague feelings of fear and anxiety.

Of COURSE something bad is going to happen. Some THING always happens. And then something happens after that. And after that. I guarantee it'll be bad for some and good for others.

I think, for those of you who subscribe to the something's-going-to-happen mentality, you are doing the equivalent of running into a room of people and shouting
WATCH OUT!
For what? What are you warning us about?
I don't know....but something's going to happen. I can feel it.

Surely you've got to see how useless and just silly that sort of behavior is.

We're just talking about it. We're not hurting anyone.
You're certainly not helping. You're fear-mongering. You're doing exactly what TPTB want you to do (be afraid of everything).

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Yes I do.
I had 2 dreams that seemed to foreshadow coming events....
then the next night I had a dream I had an affair with a lesbian.

So I don't know how accurate my premonitions are. Let's hope very accurate!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
maybe something bad will happen because we expect it too...
Mind > matter.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender Ace

What that guy said.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hysteria maybe?

I'm not much for premonitions and have had my share of stories about feeling like something bad is going to happen, but I chalked those feelings up to things going in a different way than I'd planned. Whenever that happens, it's like new territory and the feeling like things are not going to work out get stronger. The longer I've lived, the more I'm blaming group-think.

It happens less now than in the past and I think that age has wizened be a bit. If it's a premonition, all you can do is worry about what YOU can change or prepare for.

Don't let it turn into hysteria, which is essentially group based fear. Asking if other people are experiencing something like that feeds hysteria even more.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
People have been standing in the street for God knows how long with signs proclaiming 'The End is Nigh!'
How is this any different?
Because you know that you are right? They knew they were right too... Oh, wait a minute.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The more I live the more I seem to come to the understanding that these premonitions is part of every persons individual awakening to the fact that things change all the time. Our minds are so caught up in wanting to believe that things have always been a way or another that when we recognize there is change we feel it must be something new and big. Change is coming all the time. Hence the feeling...

much love

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
After reading through most of these posts (with exception of the clearly sarcastic garbage), I am inclined to believe that some members have it right. Maybe we are just more aware of what is happening around the world and realizing that things are changing more than we previously realized. This may be because there is more information, all the time, available to us than ever before.

...or the world is ending and we are sensing it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join