It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you getting the premonition that a lot of people seem to be getting?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The future is not yet here. You may [color=B58F72]think you know, but you do not actually [color=B58F72]know.

When speaking of the future, '[color=81C99E]Change' is the only true certainty.
[color=787878](Well, unless you were to include 'Death', but 'Death' is 'Change'.....)

I would have to disagree with this. I believe people can know the future: not completely, but their own tiny piece of the puzzle.

Your post seems to indicate you do not believe in extrasensory abilities, and that's fine. Believe what you want.
edit on 9/19/12 by Zane Zackerly because: Forgoet to bracket quote.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There is a weird feeling that I have been having lately. It feels like an unshakable anxiety. It comes and goes sometimes. To tell you the truth i've never suffered much anxiety. It's a different kind anxiety though. It's not like speaking in front of strangers or the anxiety I feel if I am meeting a girl for a first date. It has a darker feel if you will.
Might I add that I do not suffer any mental illnesses or depression of any sort. My life is great and there is nothing for me to be afraid or sad about. I love as much as I can and have a deep compassion for humanity. I meditate and exercise regularly. My spiritual, mental and physical life is as good as ever. But sometimes I get this weird anxiety out of nowhere. I try to search deep down and find where it originates from. Even trying to understand that it might originate from the unconscious. What ever it is it is irritating... haha

I'm not saying it is necessarily attributed to the 2012 phenomenon but something on the horizon. Maybe it is something gone wrong with my personal life or something to do with humanity as a collective conscious. I hope it is for the best.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I feel great almost all the time. I have my down moments, but then I realize that it's just a simple momentary downturn in the events of the day or week.

I don't see things getting worse except for politics and douchebaggery around the globe, but I don't FEEL the world is ending or even close to ending.

Sure, maybe I'm not plugged into the world like the rest of the folks. I have a great life, my wife is amazing, I'm making more money than I've ever made and things seem to be looking up. At the very least, compared to people around the world suffering with not enough food, clean water, freedom, I'm doing pretty damn good.

My point is that if you predict doom and gloom, it'll very likely become a self fulfilling prophecy.

What you guys are saying, the anxiety, the feelings of doom, or that something bad is going to happen. Those are all symptoms of depression. People in their right mind don't feel that pervasive feeling...

Of course, I'll be the guy who's just not special and isn't attuned to the empathy of the universe or gaea or whatever. I'm just saying that it's not normal and it'd suck to have that feeling even a little bit of the time.

My question to you folks is what are you going to do if you're right? How do you cope with this overwhelming feeling? How do you fight it? Does knowing about it make it any better or does that make it worse? When the end comes, are you going to be doom and gloom or are you going to accept that there's nothing you can do to change it and live the most awesome life you can?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Wow. Isn't it amazing how you think it is OK to be so rude just because you have a different opinion to me.

You see this is the change I am talking about. People will stop being so horrible to each other and start living in love and behaving like brothers. That is amazing, and a lot more than just the normal day to day change you talk of.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zane Zackerly

Yeah,
I had a similar doom feeling late summer 2008 and we all know what went down end of summer.

Either another recession or BO gets reelected. Either way our goose is cooked.

More and more of our rights being stripped away and we sit her in an overworked fluoride stupor and do nothing just like a frog in a pan.

edit on 19-9-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag
My question to you folks is what are you going to do if you're right? How do you cope with this overwhelming feeling? How do you fight it? Does knowing about it make it any better or does that make it worse? When the end comes, are you going to be doom and gloom or are you going to accept that there's nothing you can do to change it and live the most awesome life you can?

For me I can always pull myself out of it. Probably 90% or more of the time I'm a very cheerful person. Even in the mornings, which annoys my husband sometimes. He's not a morning person. It's not a gloom and doom depression kind of thing all the time. If it's a hormonal thing I usually know it. Hormonal imbalance is fairly common. Especially among women. It's more of a feeling of great change coming. Not necessarily bad or good. `

When I talk about "the foreboding" it's not something I really dwell on. But I would feel bad if I didn't mention it... just in case.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

Originally posted by nothingwrong

Wow. Isn't it amazing how you think it is OK to be so rude just because you have a different opinion to me.

You see this is the change I am talking about. People will stop being so horrible to each other and start living in love and behaving like brothers. That is amazing, and a lot more than just the normal day to day change you talk of.
Seriously??
You are referring to this↓post, aren't you?

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

[color=E6E38A]The world is about to change is amazing ways. I can't tell you exactly what those ways are, but I can tell you for those that feel it now, for those who prepare with meditation, who can open there hearts to Love, bring the white light of Spirit into this dimension, it will be a beautiful change, one which saves us.
Well Bravo, Captain Obvious.
Bravo....

'Change is an absolute. It is constant. Always has been. Always will be.

Some sort of significantly amazing change??
Nah..... No more amazing than any other day/year/etc.....
Horrible & Rude? That's just simple honesty. I wouldn't even consider that as being brutal honesty. It was slightly watered down. It's not my fault you can't handle a small dose of honesty.

[color=FF85EF]We do not live in a World full of Rainbows, Unicorns, Lollipops, & Gumdrops.

It appears that you become too easily amazed by the smallest of things.

edit on 9/20/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zane Zackerly

Originally posted by BrokenCirclesThe future is not yet here. You may [color=B58F72]think you know, but you do not actually [color=B58F72]know.

When speaking of the future, '[color=81C99E]Change' is the only true certainty.
[color=787878](Well, unless you were to include 'Death', but 'Death' is 'Change'.....)

I would have to disagree with this. I believe people can know the future: not completely, but their own tiny piece of the puzzle.

Ok then, what exactly is it that you [color=B58F72]know?
Can't really get much more vague than 'Something big and bad'.

Originally posted by Zane Zackerly

Your post seems to indicate you do not believe in extrasensory abilities, and that's fine. Believe what you want.
Thanks for the permission.

I believe more in the power of suggestion, and the ways in which it can be used to convincingly manipulate others into honestly believing that they too have been experiencing this same feeling deep within themselves, even though they likely would have never even had a single thought about it, if it were not for that initial seed which was planted into their minds by an outside source.

That does not give it any meaning though. Regardless of how many people may become convinced that there is something significantly meaningful going on, the fact remains the same:

[color=CCB57E]Events in the future have not yet taken place.

The future is full of possibilities, and nothing more.

It has not been written out for us.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by grahag

I don't think you are qualified to diagnose depression in any of us.

Like I said previously. Everyone will interpret this spiritual wake up according to their own paradigm.

This isn't about depression, it isn't about anxiety, it isn't about impending doom. It is about a spiritual change which is starting to affect more and more people. So many posters on this thread can feel it. It is a bit uncomfortable, but that will pass. Don't worry people - you are only waking up. This is a good thing. Keep at it. Meditate. Spread the light.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

[color=FF85EF]We do not live in a World full of Rainbows, Unicorns, Lollipops, & Gumdrops.

It appears that you become too easily amazed by the smallest of things.

What is happening is huge. Not small at all. And I am amazed - I am amazed at how many people are feeling this awakening. It is such a good sign. Seems there is hope for humanity after all! :O)

ETA: We create our future. Thought becomes word. Word becomes action. Action becomes reality.
Our future is created by all of us, as was our present. Some of us can feel it coming. Yup, it feels scary, but it is good scary, a bit like a roller coaster! :O)
edit on 20-9-2012 by nothingwrong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

We do not live in a World full of Rainbows, Unicorns, Lollipops, & Gumdrops

But we DO live in a world of intense, full-on, DOUBLE-rainbows......all the way, man.

Intense....

edit on 20-9-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I know that feeling you are talking about.

It's almost like, you are waiting for someone to show up at your house..anticipation, is what I call it.

My sleep is seriously interrupted anymore as well, it seems like I feel that sleeping is a waste of time, and im going to "miss something" if I sleep.

I used to fear death..seriously would get anxious thinking about it. Now, lately, for some reason...I have come to think of it as just another process in life.

Yes, anticipation, my friend..I understand the feeling well.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

What is happening is huge. Not small at all. And I am amazed - I am amazed at how many people are feeling this awakening. It is such a good sign. Seems there is hope for humanity after all! :O)
But there is nothing happening, which is even less than 'small'.

We are not living during some sort of an 'Age Of Amazingly Majestic Times'. Overall, things are basically the same as any other year. The largest significant change taking place from one year to the next, is the advancement in technology. Aside from that, most remains basically the same.

ETA: We create our future. Thought becomes word. Word becomes action. Action becomes reality.
All the while, a load of crap will remain just as that: A load of crap.
It will just have less moisture in it.

Lots of people were making these exact same claims last year. Many even going so far as to say that the entire year of 2012 was going to be packed full of extraordinary events. Maybe it is on a different island, but not on this one that I live on. Everything around me looks basically the same.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reply to post by grahag

I don't think you are qualified to diagnose depression in any of us.

Like I said previously. Everyone will interpret this spiritual wake up according to their own paradigm.

This isn't about depression, it isn't about anxiety, it isn't about impending doom. It is about a spiritual change which is starting to affect more and more people. So many posters on this thread can feel it. It is a bit uncomfortable, but that will pass. Don't worry people - you are only waking up. This is a good thing. Keep at it. Meditate. Spread the light.

Absolutely right. I'm not qualified, but those symptoms are signs of depression or mental illness. I'm no more qualified to diagnose depression than you are to tell anyone else it's a spiritual awakening... I'm sure you can speak for yourself though.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Everything around me looks basically the same.

It's obvious you do not believe in this. Had you experienced it there would be no doubt in your mind.

When I look around everything looks basically the same to me too.

I am claiming to be getting some sort of spiritual input that does not depend on how circumstances look or how many times in the past other people have predicted something happening with no results.

Furthermore, I believe that just because people are experiencing The Premonition does not mean that it cannot be averted.

Perhaps discussing it in a public forum causes people to change their behavior, and the crisis ends up not happening after all.

Perhaps we should take The Premonition as a warning from a Higher Power so that we do something to change things.

I know you will scoff at this, but I think it's important to understand that metaphysical things generally don't follow "rules" or "the scientific method", or easy empirical verification.

I don't like it either, but it has proven to be true.

In my mind I know what I experienced is real. That is all the confirmation I need.
edit on 9/20/12 by Zane Zackerly because: last line added

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

It's funny how you say there is nothing happening. That everything looks basically the same to you. Well of course, for you that is true. But you are only looking at the world around you. You can't deny what others are experiencing in their lives.

You can't see spiritual changes in physical reality. It's like your standing in a room looking at the window, but your eyes are focused on the glass. All you are aware of is the room. But if you change your focus you will become aware of a whole world on the other side of the window. And basically nothing has changed. The world is just the same. The only change was inside you - your focus changed to the world outside, expanding your world from just the room your standing in.

Weather you believe it or not, feel it or not, understand it or not, you can't say it isn't happening in other peoples lives.

The OP and I don't even agree on it! LOL The OP sees doom coming, I see something entirely wonderful. But we can both feel an impending change, that can not be denied. And there a millions of others around the world who feel the same way. People who don't read threads here on ATS, people who don't focus on the news and all the bad things which are going on. People who are immersed in spirit and meditation. People who are looking through the window, not just at the glass. We can not all be wrong. I know we are not wrong. We may all interpret the feeling in our own way, but that is the only way we can, after all. And that is what you are doing. Interpenetrating our feelings your own way. And of course you are welcome to. But perhaps it would be best to focus on your own feelings, see what your spirits are telling you?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I've been having a strange feeling lately. I realize that these feelings can arise from time to time, especially with all of the world-wide bad news being harped on constantly, as well as all of the hate and anger being generated by the upcoming elections. I described it to my close friend this way, "I feel like... either something really bad is about to happen, or like nothing good will ever happen again."

No specific premonitions - just a very cold feeling of dread. Hopefully it means nothing. I'm no psychic, after all.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Just like animals can sense something inbound, so do humans.

This is 2012, your alive for a reason.

Things are very close to the new

enjoy enjoy

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I'm not getting any premonitions or the feelings that you describe. But I have a strong intuitive sense that somewhere along the road something's gonna happen, and it's not a good thing. I don't know I guess based on what's going on these days. For some reason, I feel like I'm more leaning on the pessimistic side. I have a sinking feeling that something awful will happen to this world. and pretty soon...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Zane Zackerly actually heard the words

YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THAT SOMETHING REALLY BAD IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN, BUT EVERYTHING WILL END UP BEING OKAY.
Subjectively that's got to be the worst message/warning ever. Like I and others have said, that's not a revelation of any kind. But the message reflects what I think most of you believe.

So let me submit this theory to those of you who are blessed with these feelings:
I think the messages/warnings are meant to be specifically for you, the individual -- that something is going to happen to you and/or "your world," not THE world.

That explains why these feelings, when applied to everyone, appear to be so broad in scope and vague. And it explains why your feelings treat things as universally "good" and "bad." Even if something "bad" happened to all of us -- the planet explodes for some reason -- you still can't label it as universally positive or negative. Some people, for example, don't think it's bad to die.

But these feelings do make sense if they're meant for you and apply only to you. An event can be unquestionably good or bad for YOU.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join