It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Ancestors Obviously Knew Something We Didn't

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Interesting thread, I wasn't aware so many civilisations brought forth predictions, converging on or around the Mayan date.

One huge note of caution for the second part of your op.......Before It's News !

Many people around here, take anything from that site with a truckload of salt, and anti-hallucigenics, it isn't considered a trustworthy source for information.

All things considered, I shall just keep an open mind, just wish the source of the second part had been more reliable.

Not a dig at you OP, just giving some feedback

I completely agree with you. The only thing that shrugs be off about this thread is the source I got it from. Only reason why I posted it is because it feels perfectly legit to me. And there's those who are welcome to verify the information to debunk it. I will always welcome debunkers into my thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I said 'possible' evidence. I didn't say it was evidence of Planet X

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think the ancients knew soooooo much more than we do.

We have become entangled so much in matter ( material world) we have lost our way.

Funny, we have already had a golden age, the maya believe their ancestors are coming back which means we are going back in time to the beginning or the beginning is coming back to us.

Maybe time really is a sphere or circle within consciousness which I believe we are... Collective.

We together collect all knowledge of one.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
I wanted to add this video also. This is the best 'possible' evidence of Planet X itself. If you look carefully, you will see that the reddish object is NOT a camera flare. Video was taken yesterday.

edit on 16-9-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

I have looked carefully and want to know why you would think this is even possible evidence for Nibiru?

What made you deduce that the red object was not a lens flare?

To answer your question. I remember reading somewhere that is said that Planet X would come from the Leo Constellation. Anyways, I think the Leo Constellation is behind the sun. That's why I said this could be the best 'possible' evidence of Planet X. The red spot is obviously not a lens flare, you can see 3 or 4 other lends flares they move as he moves the camera but that red spot stays constant.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The material world is so hard to handle that most of us are seeking escapes in spirituality, 2012 and all.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

That is exactly what I asked, Why would that even be possible evidence?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The ONLY ONES who ever came up with that fantasy about Dec 21, 2012 is a handful of new-age authors - and even their theories are controversial and debated amongst many others.

Some authors made the same claims, but a few years plus/minus off.

All this speculation is based on the worst pseudo "science" - talking (= lying) about non existent things or grossly misinterpreting things like "galactic alignment" etc. It's nothing else than pure, blank nonsense.

If anyone else now coming out claiming that the Hopi etc. also refer to Dec 2012, they are only riding the 2012 bandwagon/hype trying to make a few bucks from the gullible.

Edit:

And if you refer to the "new age" (similar as in our western astrology "age of aquarius") (as opposed to the 2012 doomsday lies) - here also are various authors/cultures etc. but they GREATLY differ in what they are saying when this new age actually begins. When i say "greatly" i mean that some think we are already in the new age...while others say it will need a few more thousands of years. We are talking THOUSANDS of years where those called "scholars" differ in opinion about this new age of aquarius, and it will NOT happen on on specific day..it could have started thousand of years ago or maybe in a thousand years. Even if one would believe in this, it is absurd to say it happens from one day to the other.

edit on 16-9-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

That is exactly what I asked, Why would that even be possible evidence?

I already replied. Check my earlier post.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
The ONLY ONES who ever came up with that fantasy about Dec 21, 2012 is a handful of new-age authors - and even their theories are controversial and debated amongst many others.

Some authors made the same claims, but a few years plus/minus off.

All this speculation is based on the worst pseudo "science" - talking (= lying) about non existent things or grossly misinterpreting things like "galactic alignment" etc. It's nothing else than pure, blank nonsense.

If anyone else now coming out claiming that the Hopi etc. also refer to Dec 2012, they are only riding the 2012 bandwagon/hype trying to make a few bucks from the gullible.

They won't be making a few bucks off me. That's for sure.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I wanted to add this video also. This is the best 'possible' evidence of Planet X itself. If you look carefully, you will see that the reddish object is NOT a camera flare. Video was taken yesterday.

edit on 16-9-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

I have looked carefully and want to know why you would think this is even possible evidence for Nibiru?

What made you deduce that the red object was not a lens flare?

To answer your question. I remember reading somewhere that is said that Planet X would come from the Leo Constellation. Anyways, I think the Leo Constellation is behind the sun. That's why I said this could be the best 'possible' evidence of Planet X. The red spot is obviously not a lens flare, you can see 3 or 4 other lends flares they move as he moves the camera but that red spot stays constant.

So it cant be a reflection on the lens through whatever he has his camera covered with to view this, I suspect a Welders mask or something similar.

What happens to a point of light when looking through multiple panes of glass?

These are question you should be asking and searching answers for as it will help separate delusional from reality.

If its coming from behind the Sun how is it that 6 month ago when the Earth was on the side of Sun that it wasnt visible?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Didn't they work out that it was actually last year the Mayans meant, due to a screw up somewhere down the line? Either way I can't wait to comer here on December 22nd. I wonder if the usual whackjobs will claim "we stopped it!" like they tried to with the Olympics.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
We lost our way with material items and money. That created greed which led us faster down the road of decline.
Sadly we will never be able to go back to a way of life that's similar to the ancients.
We have a lot to learn from ourselves. We are just children of 10000 years. It's time to grow up.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Gamma Rays? We all know what happened to Bruce Banner after he was exposed to Gamma Rays in the movie. Well a movie is just a movie

He turn't green/got angry/And started 'Hulk smashing the place up')..Seriously though mark
We all have a reason to doubt, as all the predictions like the olympics/ doomsday clocks/just
don't come true And the remarks of sheep shill/inside some box - is pretty harsh to label
people who do not agree with you, as people who are assleep.It's like saying none of them have
ever heard of this theory before they have and others they get ridiculed by people claiming it will
happen and when it doesn't, not one came to apologize to all the naysayers for being an ass for their part.

P.S like thor said we are not your enemies banner.

edit on 16-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What was posted in the OP was almost completely false.

For example:
1. There is no Hopi claim about 2012
2. The Hindu claim is false. The date is nowhere close to 2012
3. The Aztec did not have anything to do with 2012 since they did not use the long count calendar
4. The Incas do not associate anything with 2012
5. The quote you posted misrepresents the work down by the astrophysicists

That leaves just the Mayan issue which is that it was a big deal to see a baktun completed. Did they party or what? Hard to tell since a baktun never completed during the existence of the Mayan civilization.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The moving spots are lens flares. The fixed spots are due to reflections in misaligned filters or shooting through double paned glass. Here is a thread demonstrating that method of making hoax videos.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a nice tutorial video showing how these hoaxes are made. It's easy.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by htapath

lol, nice, I agree, the ancients were much less distracted by Iphones and computers, they had their eyes to the stars and the attention spans to decipher the information

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

D U D E ! ! ! You're such a buzz-kill, but it wouldn't be the same without you.

Rev

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

These same issues have been repeatedly posted in 2012 threads. No matter how times they are shown to be false someone continues to post them again. The only ancient calendar marking 2012 is the Mayan long count and the Mayans have only 1 mention of it.

The Hopis did not have a calendar. So how are they going to indicate 2012?

Just like the previous misrepresentations and outright falsehoods being blindly copied and pasted all over the fringe sites, so too is this recent misrepresentation of the work done by the astronomers. There are many copies of the hoax claims all over the internet.

One of the problems with misleading people is that they learn to trust nothing. The better stance is learn how to differentiate between plausible and impossible, the plausible and the obvious fakes. Checking and double checking is important.

The video of the reflection is important for people to learn about. It teaches us that mistakes can be made and hoaxes are often easy to make.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I see where you're coming from, I was just trying to take the sting out of your truths.
Damn you cloudy cider!

And don't get me started on the video...I try not to listen to my fellow stoners, and that chap sounded like he was W A S T E D ! ! ! hehehe

Rev

edit on 16/9/2012 by revmoofoo because: ETA

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

How could you be so quick to dismiss the possibility of something happening?

Maybe because all the failed predictions that came to pass .

It won't be just another day, and deep down inside in your bones you know it

Your right if nothing happens there as there will be alot of goal post moving and alot of angry
people having spent alot of money on the bunkers expecting the end of the world.I bet some people
cannot wait for the january sales to arrive.

I dread to think how much was spent by people on dried food/ bunkers/ hardware stores etc.
Anyway it would be intersting to see how many doomsday con - artists from off this site
who think the end of the world is nigh actually put there house on it happening, as id bet
mine that the world is still here come the 22nd of december. One could make a fourtune
on doomsday scenarios thathave failed.However i wouldn't rule out the golden age being the
age where people wise up to the fact that the con - artists who promote alot of stuff off this site
regarding doomsday scenarios shunned once and for all, for lying like people on this page have
pointed out.

Do i think the end of the world is upon us come 21 december...NO
Do i feel this transformation into this golden age is a possability...YES.

edit on 16-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join