It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Ancestors Obviously Knew Something We Didn't

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Mayans

December 21, 2012, (give or take a day) was nonetheless momentous to the Maya.

“It’s the time when the largest grand cycle in the Mayan calendar—1,872,000 days or 5,125.37 years—overturns and a new cycle begins,” said Anthony Aveni, a Maya expert and archaeoastronomer at Colgate University in Hamilton, New York. They are the most talked about who predicted this date. According to them we are gradually entering the completion of creation.

Hopi

Hopi is an ancient civilization from the land of Arizona. They have clearly predicted about the natural and unnatural destruction in 2012.

According to both Hopi and Maya myth we are currently in the Fourth world. To the Hopi, the arrival of Pahana will the the key which opens the door to the Fifth world. According to Maya myth this key is found in astrological cycles which begins and ends at 13.0.0.0.0 and that date is regarded by scholars as December 21, 2012 which coincides with the winter solstice.

Hindus

The Hindus, are one of the ancient civilizations that follow the Lunar calendar. According to them, Lord Krishna is supposed to occur at the end of the world.

Various Hindu scholars and astrologers are predicting that Kali Yuga will end in 2012 with Satya Yuga, the Golden Age, beginning on December 21, 2012. The change will be marked with chaotic changes in the environment and social systems, but overall leads to greater knowledge.
2012 Hindu Calendar.

Aztec

Aztec is very similar in prophecy as to the Mayans and other ancient cultures. Even they pointed to the date of 2012, in December at 11:11. They follow the long count calendar and according to them it’s a time of the 6th sun, a New Age of creation. Death and rebirth of humanity as we know it.

Incas

This civilization also mentions the turning over of life, the renewal of life. There calendar also ends on the year of 2012 and they predicted that several times of an aligning of the planets will bring forth the New Age.

Strange Energy From Galactic Center Bombarding Earth

Strange particles believed to be emanating from the elusive ‘dark matter’ at the center of the galaxy have been confirmed to be bombarding Earth. Two physicists from the prestigious Department of Physics & Astronomy at University of California discovered more gamma-rays bombarding Earth than believed by astronomers. The stream of electromagnetic radiation (spewed by the process of intensive radioactive decay and other other high-energy emmisions) may be triggering the bizarre mutation of matter and an incredible energy cloud that an astrophysicist says threatens Earth.

According to a groundbreaking investigation conducted by two UC Irvine astrophysicists and submitted to the peer-reviewed American Physical Society journal Physical Review, colliding particles of dark matter may be creating a maelstrom of turbulent energy deep in the heart of the Milky Way Galaxy. Among the particles streaming from the stellar conflagration are gamma-rays.

Professors Kevork Abazajian and Manoj Kapling patiently sifted through reams of data accumulated from 2008 to 2012 by NASA’s orbiting Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope. The persistence paid off with their monumental discovery

Associate professor Manoj Kapling

“This is the first time this new source has been observed with such high statistical significance, and the most striking part is how the shape, spectrum and rate of the observed gamma rays are very consistent with the leading theories for dark matter,” Abazajian explained. “Future observations of regions with less astrophysical emission, such as dwarf galaxies, we will be able to conclusively determine if this is actually from dark matter.”

Unknown Energy

The professors’ revelation comes almost exactly two years after the finding that mysterious emmissions from the sun are mutating matter and affecting the rate of radioactive decay on Earth. That terrifying scientific discovery had physicists scrambling.

When some alarmed scientists first recognized this potential threat, others dismissed it as an anomaly. But not long after the confirmation of unknown energy emmissions interacting with matter was confirmed, frantic scientists shot e-mails back and forth to their colleagues across the world attempting to understand exactly what’s happening.

We Were Warned In 1998

Back in 1998, Astrophysicist Dr. Alexey Dmitriev wrote a white paper outlining his discovery that “Strong evidence exists that these transformations are being caused by highly charged material and energetic non-uniformity’s in anisotropic interstellar space which have broken into the interplanetary area of our Solar System.”

He described the arrival of an unknown force from the galactic void that’s now surrounded much of the solar system. Dmitriev proclaimed that the entire solar system is entering an immense, potentially deadly, interstellar energy cloud of unknown origins.

Dangers and Fate of Mankind Remains Unknown

As the solar fury continues toward maximum in 2013 a period of potentially dangerous intensity never experienced by any living person approaches. NASA’s been beating their drum warning the world at large about the danger. Strange, titanic forces are building deep within the sun’s nuclear core.

It’s already been proven that the sun’s mass warps time, bends light waves and accounts for mutation of species on Earth. Now this new force may be directly interacting with matter in a way that could not only change Mankind’s understanding of physics, but change Mankind itself…and not in a pleasant way.

Researchers into the disturbing phenomenon agree that whether the phenomenon has no real impact on humanity, or the worst impact imaginable, nothing can be done to stop it. The blind forces of nature rise like an unstoppable tsunami bearing down on the defenseless Earth.

Will these forces overwhelm our feeble technology? Will we find ourselves the playthings of the gods?

Against such unknowns humans are utterly helpless.

Source

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
To discount the messages of previous civilizations is the epitome of ignorance.

Soon enough some of us will see and know for ourselves.

Others, it seems, will continue to bury their heads in the sand and behave like brats.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I've been waiting more then ten years for the end of this year. I don't know what got me into it but it was my senses. I just had an odd feeling about the topic, and I read of a lot of interesting theories on the Internet and such. I'm not expecting much because I'm not holding my breath but I do believe something is going to happen. I'm just not sure if it will be good or bad.

Gamma Rays? We all know what happened to Bruce Banner after he was exposed to Gamma Rays in the movie. Well a movie is just a movie. The only thing I'm not sure about is, if Radiation and Gamma Rays are the same thing. The reason why I ask, is because of the Fukushima disaster has caused mutation is butterflies resulting in beautiful looking species. Maybe we will adapt also and evolve as more consciousness beings? Isn't that what the whole enlightenment talk is about?

Interesting times we live in and I'm proud to be here during these times. Live or die, life goes on because life doesn't revolve around humans as they like to believe.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Except none of that is true. Apart from the next B'ak'tun in the Mayan calendar having been calculated as starting on 21st December 2012.

See you on 22nd December?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I wanted to add this video also. This is the best 'possible' evidence of Planet X itself. If you look carefully, you will see that the reddish object is NOT a camera flare. Video was taken yesterday.

edit on 16-9-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Except none of that is true. Apart from the next B'ak'tun in the Mayan calendar having been calculated as starting on 21st December 2012.

See you on 22nd December?

I hope to see you to. Like I said before, we don't know what's going to happen. Only two possible outcomes; it will either be good or bad. Nature is taking it's course like it always does and we don't have a choice but if we come of it without a scratch, who knows many humanity will enlighten up and learn not to take their life or anything else in life for granted again. Humanity would be enlighten, so to speak.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The most likely outcome (I'd say 99.9999% likely) is that 21st December will be just a normal day. Nothing will happen. Nothing will change.

But there will be a spate of books about the end of the world in 2029 or 2036 appearing in our bookshops early in 2013.

link   
sorry, double post

edit on 16-9-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

link   
Whether the enlightenment comes or the doom & gloom bombards humanity... I've been interested in what so many civilizations have been counting towards.
One civilization's prediction would be iffy to guess at, but multiple civilizations?!?

Not to mention December 21st 2012 is my 21st birthday.... I shall have a drink in hand!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The most likely outcome (I'd say 99.9999% likely) is that 21st December will be just a normal day. Nothing will happen. Nothing will change.

But there will be a spate of books about the end of the world in 2029 or 2036 appearing in our bookshops early in 2013.

How could you be so quick to dismiss the possibility of something happening? It won't be just another day, and deep down inside in your bones you know it. Too many odd and weird things has been happening this year that I can't ignore the possibility.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So all of you believing this new age clap trap now, what happens when 2012 goes by and nothing happens. Are you all going to admit your full of it? Will you at least, at the very least, say your sorry for being a gullible fool and give up posting hogwash on this site?

If I am wrong and it all goes south, and you guys are proven right, I will get on here and post i was wrong. That I was an idiot for not noticing all the signs and i am not well and truly screwed. I will, i promise you.

Now, if you do believe all this clap trap AND nothing does happenAND you DON'T apologize for fear mongering and believing complete hooey - what will that say about you?

Will you have to face facts and come to terms with being wrong about your world view? Will it shake you to the core? Will truth finally shine through that veil of unreality you have put up in your mind to hide the real world?

V

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Those that know me on this website know that I am a researcher of NDE's (Near Death Experiences).

And so I would also like to add that NDE experiencers also state that we are on the verge of some kind of "Golden Age", although I have not seen it stated that it would happen in 2012. Just that we are close to it.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

How could you be so quick to dismiss the possibility of something happening? It won't be just another day, and deep down inside in your bones you know it. Too many odd and weird things has been happening this year then I can't ignore the possibility.

Small minds my friend, small minds. That majority of people, such as the guy you just quoted, cannot perceive scenarios outside of their "box". It's not even worth debating with this type, as they are stubborn and refuse to accept the POSSIBILITY of anything except what they believe. I have two words for these type of people: Who cares?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable

So all of you believing this new age clap trap now, what happens when 2012 goes by and nothing happens. Are you all going to admit your full of it? Will you at least, at the very least, say your sorry for being a gullible fool and give up posting hogwash on this site?

If I am wrong and it all goes south, and you guys are proven right, I will get on here and post i was wrong. That I was an idiot for not noticing all the signs and i am not well and truly screwed. I will, i promise you.

Now, if you do believe all this clap trap AND nothing does happenAND you DON'T apologize for fear mongering and believing complete hooey - what will that say about you?

Will you have to face facts and come to terms with being wrong about your world view? Will it shake you to the core? Will truth finally shine through that veil of unreality you have put up in your mind to hide the real world?

V

Do you understand the purpose of ATS? Your conviction to the belief that 12/21/12 will be just another day is just as "gullible" and "hogwash" as the most extreme 2012 believer. You have no proof either way. Either scenario is possible to happen.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable

V

Only someone who is arrogant will choose not to believe in it because they know, when they day comes and goes people won't care if you didn't believe in it or not. It's not that I'm falling for the new agers, I've falling gullible to my own senses. I've read this topic 10 years ago in a box, a short paragraph and something tingled my sense upon reading it. You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you the same sense has saved my life once. I think I'll trust my senses regardless of who or who I don't believe.

People have too much pride, and ego they don't like to be proven wrong. You're one of those people sir, and I hope the end really does come because Humanity deserve better then this. Compassion is the way to enlightenment.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Ever since I was a teenager, Ive been feeling that 2012 is something special. Now, I dont know if there is going to be some event on december 21, 2012... we'll see. Perhaps its just a mark in time for the start of a new time where peoples concioussness will evolve to see all of us as part of the same family.

It would be very cool if it meant some rapid transformation of our entire species. We really could use it because there are so many people out there who is unaware of who they really are.

You are NOT your mind, NOT your emotions, NOT your body. Humans have to stop believing that because it keeps you small and materialistic... selfish, obsessed with the physical reality and the ego.

We are one conciousness guys. If you dont believe me, learn how to leave your body and find out.

edit on 16-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview
Those that know me on this website know that I am a researcher of NDE's (Near Death Experiences).

And so I would also like to add that NDE experiencers also state that we are on the verge of some kind of "Golden Age", although I have not seen it stated that it would happen in 2012. Just that we are close to it.

Interesting. I really wonder why that is. Please share any other useful information you might find with us

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I highly recommend a camping trip to Hopiland and Grand Canyon for any truth seeker.

There is much to see there for a discerning heart, and words will always fall short.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Interesting thread, I wasn't aware so many civilisations brought forth predictions, converging on or around the Mayan date.

One huge note of caution for the second part of your op.......Before It's News !

Many people around here, take anything from that site with a truckload of salt, and anti-hallucigenics, it isn't considered a trustworthy source for information.

All things considered, I shall just keep an open mind, just wish the source of the second part had been more reliable.

Not a dig at you OP, just giving some feedback

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
I wanted to add this video also. This is the best 'possible' evidence of Planet X itself. If you look carefully, you will see that the reddish object is NOT a camera flare. Video was taken yesterday.

I have looked carefully and want to know why you would think this is even possible evidence for Nibiru?

What made you deduce that the red object was not a lens flare?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join