It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There May Be No Anti-Islamic Movie At All........

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Whoever said that this is nothing more than a YouTube clip is spot on.

It certainly is NOT a "trailer" in the accepted meaning of the term. There are no titles, no voice-over, no release date and no credits. There is not even a copyright notice. Not to mention that at 13:58 in length, it would be the longest trailer in history!

As far as who is to blame for this garbage, it would seem not to be the creator of the clip. After all, whoever made the film has the right, under the First Amendment, to embarrass him or herself in public to their hearts delight. Although he/she is to blame for the complete lack of production values. The obvious audio dubs using a different voice and differing audio levels as well as the crudely done "green screen" effects which left some actors appearing to be standing and sitting in mid-air is purely amateur incompetence. Of course, if the film maker really did raise millions from investors to make this film, he or she should be hiding from the films backers.

However, whichever misguided soul decided to translate this trash into what appears to be an Egyptian dialect of Arabic needs to be found and punished. But he or she is still not the primary villian here. That dubious honor belongs to the person at Egyptian State Television who made the decision to allow this inflamatory crap to be aired MULTIPLE TIMES! If anyone deserves the full punishment of Sharia Law for the crime of blasphemy it would be that person alone, IMHO.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

There May Be No Anti-Islamic Movie At All

That’s Awesome! Now if we can tell the Muslims this, we can end this madness!

Oh wait, did I just see a new drawing of Muhammad online!?!?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
That video is a magnet for angry Islamic people to meet American trolls which just increases the hatred like a million times faster.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

No, definitely not spot on.

Maybe you missed the part where the 80 member crew and actors of the said film have all stated this is not the film they signed up to make. The montage clip that is spreading on YouTube every scene clearly has dubbed over parts.

As far as who made this film,

Alleged 'Innocence of Muslims' filmmaker taken in for interview

Nakoula has told the Associated Press that he was a logistics manager on the "Innocence of Muslims" movie, not the director. He told a Coptic Christian bishop on Thursday that he had no role in it, the clergyman told The Times.

Nakoula is believed to use the alias Sam Bacile, which was the name a caller who took credit for the film gave to the AP and the Wall Street Journal.

On Friday, U.S. courts spokeswoman Karen Redmond said the Office of Probation in the Central District of California was reviewing whether Nakoula, who has been convicted on bank fraud charges, violated terms of his probation in relation to the video and its uploading onto the Internet.

He had been ordered not to own or use devices with access to the Internet without approval from his probation officer -– and any approved computers were to be used for work only. "Defendant shall not access a computer for any other purpose," the terms read.

Restrictions were also placed on him enlisting others to get on the Internet for him.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

The name 'Sam Bacile' has been nagging at me since day one.
Is it just me, or does it seem like the word IMBECILE, except with uncle SAM thrown in the mix?

IMBECILE + UNCLE SAM = SAM BACILE (at least phonetically)

No way is this a real name. It's such an obvious play on words.

........................of course I posted before seeing that the prevailing theory is that it IS a freaking pseudonym. ugh...boo
edit on 16-9-2012 by bojimbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Us Hindus would rather keep the fighting in India.

But as you can see

We're not all that peaceful as the West

makes us out to believe

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

the fact that almost every instance of language referring to Islam or Muhammad in the film has been dubbed in. That is, mouths are mouthing but the words you're hearing don't match.

I watched it the other night and I noticed that. There are clearly a lot of places where the audio has been dubbed over. It seems like they took some low grade experimental college movie which no one has ever seen and whipped it up into an offensive anti-Islamic film with the help of some simple editing software.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Don't want to get banned so Im editing this

edit on 16-9-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
This is just embarrassing for the Islamist who protested & rioted. Probably the worst/best trolling case in history -- whoever made the film, Sam Bacile or not. This is literally the situation: random guy tricks cast members into making a cheap shortfilm of a certain point in Middle Eastern history, later dubs in words; & then the entire Muslim world erupts into riots and protest -- murdering innocent people, giving signs to children that say "Behead all those who insult the prophet [or Islam]", and calling for death of the USA.... Despite the fact we're not involved. And even if he were American that's 1 out of 350 million.

As irrational as it gets.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE A WINNER! Come on guys... Haven't you heard what they were chanting outside the Egyptian Embassy? Here's a hint, it wasn't about no damned youtube clip. It's been widely reported that they were saying, "Obama, Obama, we're all Osama now!"

Imagine...Muslims wanting payback for the killing of Bin Laden, and I can't imagine why they would stage it on 9-11...hmmm let me see...

Oh...and our boy, Barak Hussein Obama and the DNC were all over their new slogan, "GM is alive, and bin Laden is dead"...

But...I'm sure that this is about a youtube video that none of those people ever saw.

-zz

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Hindus aren't going to have a coronary if you make a joke about Krishna, or Ganesh. Buddhists aren't going to get all stabby or call for holy war if you blow up historical depictions of some of the largest Statues of Buddha that are/were culturally significant worldwide.

Not to be a smart alec or anything, but...

MPs' Angry: Insult to Lord Krishna in Russia

Times of India Insults Hinduism

The all too common and pathetic “Hindu” insult as employed by Buddhists

Unite against Insult of Lord Shiv and Maa Durga!

Sri Lanka Punishes French Tourists For ‘Insulting’ Buddhism

Akon Banned from Sri Lanka After Insulting Buddha

Malaysian Muslims insult Hindus with severed Cow head, threaten with bloodshed

Top Designer From Apple Insults Buddhism

Ugly evangelical Christians insult Buddhists and Muslims

Brit Hume Sticks Foot In Mouth By Insulting Buddhists

I'd wish you happy reading, Dru, but there doesn't seem to be any point.

Plenty more where those came from. No religion has a monopoly on outrage, bigotry or violence, and no religion – certainly not Buddhism, as I can testify from eyewitness experience – is immune to them.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Could be a classic game, some muslim group set this up to get what they want, Goverment set some muslim group up to do it, Goverment did it, The list just goes on and on.
One thing is sure who ever did it got what they wanted, startings of a war.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The "battle cry" of the Muslim world is "Obama, Obama, we are all Osama."

BHO attempted to obliterate the presence in the Islamic world of a mythic figure and in so doing roused the demons of Islam against him.

BHO did not kill OBL..........he was already dead and everyone knows it, especially those in the Islamic world, and the Americans are too dumbed down to know the difference.

What they are pissed about is the despoliation of their heroic (mythic) figure, and insofar as BHO bragged openly to the entire world that he desecrated the 'alleged' body of OBL by unceremoniously dumping his remains in the ocean to be eaten by all manner of sea creatures, their wrath is perfectly justified.

BHO is evil AND stupid.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If there is a movie, and nobody gives a crap, do the Muslims still get ticked off?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
all i have to say is

E P I C

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
If there is a movie, and nobody gives a crap, do the Muslims still get ticked off?

Only if a tree falls in the woods and doesn't make a sound.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Exactly. If we'd stop giving this crap attention, there would be no sound.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

This tip-toeing around some other culture's intolerant sensitivities need stop.

I would like to know when this Tip-toeing started, was it after 9/11 or were we doing it before, I don't seem to remember the tip-toeing before.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 369821

The problem is that they are being fed a line of BS in many countries, I posted an article yesterday.

They think we are going to this movie in droves and it is a big hit here in America.
edit on 023030p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hmm I smell a false flag operation...against the US. Coincidence that these "protests" are happening all over the globe? I think not.
edit on 16-9-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join