It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There May Be No Anti-Islamic Movie At All........

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
So the people of the Middle East occupy and protest the symbols of American foreign policy and we are supposed to believe the reason they are upset with that policy is because of some YouTube?

There wouldn't be any other reasons would there? On their part?

Everytime I hear the MSM mention "arab protests", they include "because of anti Islam film" in the same sentence .
Now make sure you get the association...

Film? Protest. Protest? Film. Repeat as often as necessary to be sure you understand.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Sure there was Anti-US sentiment but prior to the Video being dubbed there weren't very many Embassies being mobbed.

You do the math.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Actually, no, the MSM and authorities do indeed believe they have found the man. It's all there, but you are just going to disagree with it. So what's your theory again? First of all, there is a movie, that is confirmed. This is not just some lame YT clip made some dude who hates Islam or has a sick sense of humor. The movie and actors confirm they were misled, they have all come forward, and if you're not convinced he is the man then just wait a day or two when the actors/crew confirm it positively via pictures shown to them.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I really thought the movie didn't exist. The apparent lack of a name in mainstream knowledge made it seem fishy enough.
I'll be interested to see how this mess plays out.
edit on 15-9-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
they arrested the invisible man?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Actually, no, the MSM and authorities do indeed believe they have found the man. It's all there, but you are just going to disagree with it. So what's your theory again? First of all, there is a movie, that is confirmed. This is not just some lame YT clip made some dude who hates Islam or has a sick sense of humor. The movie and actors confirm they were misled, they have all come forward, and if you're not convinced he is the man then just wait a day or two when the actors/crew confirm it positively via pictures shown to them.

I'm not disagreeing with you out of spite.
I'm disagreeing with you because I am not one who is quick to jump to conclusions.

I am fully aware that this was an actual movie production, and not simply a YouTube clip, in its original inception.

I am not convinced that the man they are questioning is the man that is behind the malicious intent to incite this mob mentality of agression from Islam towards America. If it is proven--- which as of yet, has not been IMO--- that this person is indeed the perpetrator, then I will gladly stand corrected.
I would rather be found wrong because I waited for sufficient proof, than accuse someone wrongly.

Besides all that, it remains to be proven who dubbed the conglomeration of clips originally posted on YouTube on July 2nd into Arabic and sent it to the Islamic press to draw attention to it.

The film is in poor taste, no doubt-- but remember, the true perpetrator is the one who purposefully and maliciously perverted the original work into what it is now.
Even though it may be proved that Nakoula possibly worked on the film during its production, that is a far cry from proving he is the man behind this obvious incendiary endeavor towards chaos and anarchy, the repercussions of which, are still playing out around the globe.
edit on 15-9-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by intrptr

Sure there was Anti-US sentiment but prior to the Video being dubbed there weren't very many Embassies being mobbed.

You do the math.

I have. Thats why I said the association in the media of the protest and the film reeks of Straw Man. Ask the people of the Middle East which straw on their camels back provided the catalyst that touched off this "protest". I can see with my eyes how much they hate us.

Anti-US sentiment? Believing the Middle Eastern folk in general mind less that their countries are being bombed, invaded, and occupied than some video on YouTube is delusional on our part.

The math is millions of dead, trillions of debt, and no end in sight.

War makes for bad arithmetic.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I am convinced the " allegiance of 4 " has started this whole thing.....there was a pact between Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and china ....hence the 4 ....to remove the westerner from the middle east. Egypt president morsy has initiated the pact.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Oh FFS

That's not a real rebuttal.
That's a classic grand standing approach to get's one own opinion and social commentary aired.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Even if this man is proven to be the originator of this film there's clearly much more to the story than we know and/or are being told. Finding out the identity of who made this film is just an early step to figuring out puzzle here. I don't believe he's working alone and it is who he is working with that I wanna find out next. This film, well the editied dubbed version, was clearly set out to incite Muslims so I want all those involved to take full responsibility for their actions. Also, this is probably a good time for the rioting Muslims to step back and take a good look at themselves and their beliefs because this short YT clip is not worth anyones time, let alone rioting over. Islam needs to wake up and perhaps grow a thicker skin.

I'm still in disbelief a YT clip incited these rioting protesters. Of course terrorists will use any excuse to cause terror, especially if it's in line with their religious belief, so I'm not surprised their terrorizing. It's the other Muslims that disappoint me.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Even if this man is proven to be the originator of this film there's clearly much more to the story than we know and/or are being told. Finding out the identity of who made this film is just an early step to figuring out puzzle here. I don't believe he's working alone and it is who he is working with that I wanna find out next. This film, well the editied dubbed version, was clearly set out to incite Muslims so I want all those involved to take full responsibility for their actions. Also, this is probably a good time for the rioting Muslims to step back and take a good look at themselves and their beliefs because this short YT clip is not worth anyones time, let alone rioting over. Islam needs to wake up and perhaps grow a thicker skin.

I'm still in disbelief a YT clip incited these rioting protesters. Of course terrorists will use any excuse to cause terror, especially if it's in line with their religious belief, so I'm not surprised their terrorizing. It's the other Muslims that disappoint me.

Agreed.

On all points except that the 'other' Muslims disappoint you. What do you mean? Please elaborate if you'd like to discuss.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Does "there may be no movie at all" really surprise anyone?

I bet more than 90% never watched the trailer they heard about it didn't even bother watching it for themselves.

Or according to this article:

www.washingtonpost.com... f8ce0-fe9b-11e1-8adc-499661afe377_story.html

“The Innocence of Muslims” was still roiling the Islamic world, with access blocked in Egypt, Libya, India, Indonesia and Afghanistan — keeping it from easy viewing in countries where more than a quarter of the world’s 1.6 billion Muslims live.

They could at have blocked the trailer from viewing at any time they chose not to wonder why that it is?

Hollywood releases trailers all the time before the film is ever finished and most of the time ever started.

edit on 15-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah, what you said just said in your post is exactly what he meant. I just woke up from a nap and I even understand it. Come on people this isn't 1990.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

Oh FFS

That's not a real rebuttal.
That's a classic grand standing approach to get's one own opinion and social commentary aired.

Had to look up FFS.
Real rebuttal? I was addressing "Anti-US sentiments" as you put it. The thread title referred to the absence of a film? So the media lied to us? And the seething resentment towards us boiled over in the Middle East? Thats not an opinion. No matter how you dismiss it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Any Muslim that is involved with rioting, looting, violence, etc. I'm all for protesting but I support peaceful protests only. Once violence and destruction begins you lose all my support. Of course this is to be expected since the root of this is religion....
edit on 15-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
There's only one logical conclusion to this plot...

Y'ALL BEEN TROLLED!!!

Well played, sir. Well played indeed.

What the hell are you talking about. If anybody has been TROLLED it's been Islam. The US on the other hand has been dealing with the mess of the Trolled.

We've even had people killed.

The real "mess" is the destroyed infrastructure of, how many nations is it? We had people killed? Whats the tally so far? US... four embassy workers. Middle East...millions.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
We have bombed the region to dust for decades and now we expect them to play fair and only protest peacefully. I don't blame them one bit. Thought their whole reaction was comparatively mild.

The only way we can even begin to hope to appease their "Anti-Us Sentiments" is to stop waging aggressive war in the Middle East. Repair all the damage, and bring all the troops home.

Even then I doubt they will forgive us for a very long time.

Would you?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
hmmpf, the pattern is obvious:

9/11 anniversary 'celebrated' by a couple of people who are probably loosely connected to the original perpetrators (read: probably not moslems) just to keep things cooking or however they rationalize it.

next step: damage control video, something to talk about on the web and in the media. i mean it happened in 2001, the bin Laden confession video was a preposterous fake, why would this one NOT be?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I remember when 9-11 truthers said there were no real videos of Osama, that they were all fake. Oh and that segment of the guy with the turban covering one eye looks familiar. Where have I seen it? I think it was part of another Hollywood production. I could be wrong though but that frame is haunting me.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

This seems more like the work of one dumbass individual, who's sole intent was to incite rage and anger from one specific target towards another.
ONE PERSON playing TWO NATIONS off of each other.

WHY???

It was probably the radical Muslims in control of the country who wish to garner support for their cause that dubbed in the hateful speech….that makes the most sense to me.

Most decent people in the ME don’t want more conflict and they’re tired of the extreme theocratic rule they’ve been subjected to. This seems like an attempt to rally their people behind the theocracy and strengthen their control.

Why would US or Israel want to incite the entire Muslim world?? You have to ask who would benefit from this? It makes a lot more sense that a group like the Muslim Brotherhood would benefit from inciting hatred for America.

edit on 15-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Just my opinion, but I think you're partially correct. The radicals want to rally more people to their cause (and the extremists are a small percentage, but big enough to matter.). However, as I think was plainly obvious, there are people in power in the U.S. Who stand to gain a great deal from middle-east conflict. It costs the same to pump a barrel of oil out of the ground whether its a Clinton-esque $30/bbl, or the $100/bbl which has been the norm for the past 10 years. The Carlyle Group of investors (including the Bush family, the bin Laden family, and other prominent families) made a killing (pun intended) with Iraq & Afghanistan. Halliburton made billions of dollars in Iraq,

Much as Donald Rumsfeld made tens of millions of dollars through the ridiculous taxpayer-funded purchase of Tamiflu, the drug which does nothing useful against H5N1, Avian, or Swine flu, these people are happily willing to watch tens, or hundreds of thousands of people die to line their pockets. We've seen it far too many times to deny it at this point.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join