It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Have to be Kidding Me - Police Shoot Another Dog Dead - Wait Until You See the Dog

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

I doubt what you've written...jmoho....

BTW, I have a herd of goats, hence my puppy. None of them leave my private property. My puppy is a working dog, and loved family member. I wouldn't put up with anyone coming onto my property and shooting any of my animals. Besides, I own all the guns in my home...not my pets.

Des

edit on 12-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Reply to RobertF
If a person is irresponsible enough to let their dog run wild around the neighborhood then they are not worthy of keeping a pet.

Like I previously stated where is the outrage for the owners that did not control their pet?

IF this was in a thread of its own I would stand by you 100% and probably be pushing AND pulling you, lol, but in this particular case with the, admittedly, limited amount of details we have I would have to push you off the bus so to speak. That being said while we were marching and preaching about how others should treat their animals we should be doing all we can to make the laws so that if a official of any goverment entity has to enter a property and he or she fears the property owners animals are a threat then they should have to call in animal control to take control of the animals WITHOUT FRAKKIN KILLING THEM FIRST!

edit on 12-9-2012 by TAWonATS because: Reply to post of RobertF

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
I'd rather see a dog shot than a innocent person

Yeah and I would rather hang than be electrocuted but what does that have to do with killing a family pet? Should cops be able to do that as long as they quit shooting innocent people? Is this some kind of a trade off? Are we bargaining with them now? Kill the animals but not the innocent people like you have been doing. OK Fair enough.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertF

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Something really should be done.

They could use non lethal force on these animals, a stun gun for example. They saving the stun gun for little old ladies and school children? I think they shoot the animals because bullets are cheap. Cops are turning into monsters whom we need protection from.
What good is owning a dog for protection? If the animal attempts to protect you from a stranger, such as a cop prowling around your house for no good reason - it is going to get killed.
People should demand non lethal force used on animals. Period The reason we love our pets is because they stand by us and protect us. Cops are abusing their authority and getting away with it.

If we heard of this happening in Russia or China we would be appalled.

You are absolutely right, something should be done. People should take better care of their pets and not let them run around the neighborhood.

What should be done is cops should call and ask people to put away their pets.

If I were a pet owner I guess I would have to call my local precinct and ask them to do me that favor.

In return for that favor I will do them a favor. I promise to hesitate before shooting the first shadow of movement I see crossing my property line in an attempt to protect myself and my animals from unwanted intruders.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

I train my dogs to not be aggressive unless a stranger is breaking into my house, if that is the case then I expect them to do as trained and slow the attacker at least until I can get a round or two in the intruder...

Hmmm. Considering the cop unloaded his weapon on the dog in its own back yard, how and why again are your panties in such a twist? Are you simply upset the dog didn't slow the cop until the owner had time to shoot him? You keep asking where is the outrage for the owner of the dog. Clearly you can't see the difference between a dog playing with children next door (invited as the article states) and a murderous thug who killed it because they are out of control...you aren't that cop who murdered the dog are you?

CJ

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TAWonATS

If a person is irresponsible enough to let their dog run wild around the neighborhood then they are not worthy of keeping a pet.

Like I previously stated where is the outrage for the owners that did not control their pet?

IF this was in a thread of its own I would stand by you 100% and probably be pushing AND pulling you, lol, but in this particular case with the, admittedly, limited amount of details we have I would have to push you off the bus so to speak. That being said while we were marching and preaching about how others should treat their animals we should be doing all we can to make the laws so that if a official of any goverment entity has to enter a property and he or she fears the property owners animals are a threat then they should have to call in animal control to take control of the animals WITHOUT FRAKKIN KILLING THEM FIRST!

The dog in question was not (according to the article) on the property of the owners of the puppy. The owners of the dog where strangely absent during the entire incident...

I guess this whole indecent strikes home with me. Let me share a story.

I have ten acres of land that me my dogs (muts) and 3 horses share. I also have a great neigbor that two years ago got two blue healer dogs... I caught her puppies about six months old chasing and harassing my horses one day, the neighbor witnessed it as well, we met at the fence line after the situation was under control. She says to me: "If my dogs ever do that again..shoot them", my response was: no I don't want to do that, I will not do that.

One year later I wake early to a ruckus, my horses are going insane. I go out and find one of my horses laying on the ground wounded, the other two are still running like mad, from my neighbors dogs, I go inside for my rifle. By the time I get outside my horses and her dogs are winded. The horses are just staying in one spot defending them selves, while the dogs are drawing blood at every nip. I finally get one of the dogs in my sights...one shot is all it takes, the dog is down. The other one ran away at seeing its companion injured so grievously.

My neighbor has one dog now which has never bothered my horses again.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

Or you could have fired into the dirt 100 ft away or fired a blank which I'm sure would have scared the dogs off as well, but instead, just as suspected...... puppy killer, how long did your erection last after that?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

So your entire beef is with the dog owner. Got it. Any issues with a cop unloading his weapon into a dog backed into a corner in its own back yard? Remember, take away your disdain for the owner. Any issues there?

Edit to add: Sorry, saw your latest post. I guess that answers my question. You enjoy killing dogs.

CJ
edit on 12-9-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamanix2012
reply to post by RobertF

Or you could have fired into the dirt 100 ft away or fired a blank which I'm sure would have scared the dogs off as well, but instead, just as suspected...... puppy killer, how long did your erection last after that?

Coming from the "man" who previously corrected me about his sexual orientation...after he said it should not be a factor.

I killed a dog that was threatening 9,000 dollars of my investment....did I have a erection? are #ing serious?

#ing city boys...
edit on 12-9-2012 by RobertF because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by RobertF

So your entire beef is with the dog owner. Got it. Any issues with a cop unloading his weapon into a dog backed into a corner in its own back yard? Remember, take away your disdain for the owner. Any issues there?

Edit to add: Sorry, saw your latest post. I guess that answers my question. You enjoy killing dogs.

CJ

No it was not enjoyment, it was self preservation. Feel free to twist how ever you like though.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by dayve
I'd rather see a dog shot than a innocent person

Yeah and I would rather hang than be electrocuted but what does that have to do with killing a family pet? Should cops be able to do that as long as they quit shooting innocent people? Is this some kind of a trade off? Are we bargaining with them now? Kill the animals but not the innocent people like you have been doing. OK Fair enough.

I'd rather be electrocuted, personally... But idk i wasn't their, they said the dog was acting aggressively, from the looks of it it looks kind of skiddish... And it looks like it hasn't really been fed well. So maybe the cop did the dog a favor by killing it..

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TAWonATS

The dog in question was not (according to the article) on the property of the owners of the puppy. The owners of the dog where strangely absent during the entire incident...

I guess this whole indecent strikes home with me. Let me share a story.

I have ten acres of land that me my dogs (muts) and 3 horses share. I also have a great neigbor that two years ago got two blue healer dogs... I caught her puppies about six months old chasing and harassing my horses one day, the neighbor witnessed it as well, we met at the fence line after the situation was under control. She says to me: "If my dogs ever do that again..shoot them", my response was: no I don't want to do that, I will not do that.

One year later I wake early to a ruckus, my horses are going insane. I go out and find one of my horses laying on the ground wounded, the other two are still running like mad, from my neighbors dogs, I go inside for my rifle. By the time I get outside my horses and her dogs are winded. The horses are just staying in one spot defending them selves, while the dogs are drawing blood at every nip. I finally get one of the dogs in my sights...one shot is all it takes, the dog is down. The other one ran away at seeing its companion injured so grievously.

My neighbor has one dog now which has never bothered my horses again.

Yea I'm with you 100% on the whole bad owner/problem neighbor/issue for a officer that is having to go in after a criminal that is inside the residence with a animal in the yard dog or otherwise. I'm just saying after looking at the animal in question the coward of an officer should not have taken the action he did. The worst would have been maybe a trip and then who knows what could have taken place with a criminal with the upper hand on him once fallen, but that is a real stretch when he was not going in after a perp (at worst) by himself.

My bad dog neighbor story is that after 1 day being in our new home I left my work boots on the porch and the neighbors dogs came and dragged them off and chewed em up. My great neighbors says, lol," what did you expect?". I refuse to kill any animal unless I have no choice, I have caught and rehomed quite a few of my neighbors pets. Had to run off a few by firing in their general direction but in the case of you horse issue I cant say I would have done different, but maybe I would have.

I have a video of me fighting 2 German Sheperds in the woods over a young deer that was living on my property. They were determined to kill and eat it because they were underfed and hungry because of a lame owner, I could have killed them but I didnt, I was'nt able to save the baby deer but the dogs have not come back either. I have 11 acres and its a certified wildlife habitat. Start a thread on on the issue of animal ownership and responsibilities and I will be right beside you, now back to your topic at hand.
edit on 12-9-2012 by TAWonATS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

Easy there cowboy, this ain't high noon.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamanix2012
reply to post by RobertF

Coming from the "man" who previously corrected me about his sexual orientation...after he said it should not be a factor.

I killed a dog that was threatening 9,000 dollars of my investment....did I have a erection? are #ing serious?

#ing city boys...

Is that all you can do, insult me, lol, I live in the country btw and have my entire life genius. I corrected you on my sex, not my sexual orientation as well, genius, but now it shows that you were implying I am gay by calling me a woman, lol people like you are the reason I smoke. Cop lover - CHECK, woman hater - CHECK, Puppy killer - CHECK..... 3 strikes, your out.
edit on 12-9-2012 by shamanix2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

You fired one shot at a dog attacking your own animal this is significantly different than the story posted in the OP. I might take issue with two heelers bringing a horse down though I suppose they could fatigue it enough to where it would just lie there even so I am thinking that you didn't track the remaining heeler down and finish it off with multiple shots which would have brought you to a more similiar place where we find the officer in question here.
edit on 9/12/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by RobertF

Really....a freakin puppy, for gawd's sake....a puppy.....

You don't have pets, do you.....

Des

Yes I do I have several dogs multiple horses and about twenty head of cattle...You will never see my pets, puppy or not running wild. I train my dogs to not be aggressive unless a stranger is breaking into my house, if that is the case then I expect them to do as trained and slow the attacker at least until I can get a round or two in the intruder...

So, does that go for children too?

I mean, if a dog on the loose is such a distraction that cops shouldn't hesitate to pump a few into their head, what if a child gets on the loose? Children can be just as big a distraction as a dog, if not more with all their running around, screaming and having fun. But I guess if a cop is distracted, he has every right to pump a few into the child, right?

It wouldn't be the cops fault, but rather the parents who let their child run loose, right? Just a distraction, right? Nothing a few rounds won't solve.
edit on 12-9-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

I could almost paint a perfect portrait of you with the amount of information you have given us through your flaming. Have you thought about leaving the "police force"?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

The dog tried to run away and when cornered by the officer, let out a little growl.

"He just started shooting him, he just kept shooting him in the head,"

So given that its okay for a cop to shoot a dog when it lets out a little growl does that mean its okay for me to unload in a cop next time one of them lets out a little growl at me? Of course its jot because I don't have a badge or the security of knowing that my actions will be investigated by my "brothers" on the force.

If we truly want acts such as this and the other 1,000's of excessive force and brutality incidents to stop then we must demand and force the law enforcement community to have investigations against them to be done by citizen review boards. After all they work for us and should be made to answer to us, not hide behind a corrupt and biased internal affairs department.

Having an Internal Affairs investigation into police misconduct is like having the thieves guild investigate robberies.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Seems to be getting more and more common. Why was the cop there? Why did the dog get a clip unloaded on it? What is wrong with these people? Why? I can't figure this one out - I mean - the darn dog was a little guy!

Your Kidding Me - You Fear for your life from THIS?

Don't they say that those that kill animals are next going to be killing people?

CJ

Although the dog was innocent enough looking, if you are in a life threatening situation, the dog is a distraction, it it is causing a a distraction by trying to bite or acting otherwise threatening, then you remove it from the situation.

The cops probably weren't really worried about a threat coming directly from the dog. Replace the dog with a human causing the same amount of threat/distraction....what do you think is going to happen?

Maybe you are right, that the dog was of no threat, but just case I would kill it to in order to remove the "possible" threat in order to deal with the actual threat.

Why was this "puppy" outside not being supervised by its owners in the first place...where is the outrage against the owners for not properly caring for this dog?

Ummmm.......

Life threatening situation? I don't recall reading anything about the dog pulling out a gun and shooting at the officer. It was a puppy, in someone's backyard, not roaming the neighborhood.

This cop is a punk. Probably the kind of punk that hits animals running across the road because he thinks it's funny. The kind of punk that most empathetic human beings would like to give a good, old fashioned, curb stomping.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by RobertF

Really....a freakin puppy, for gawd's sake....a puppy.....

You don't have pets, do you.....

Des

Yes I do I have several dogs multiple horses and about twenty head of cattle...You will never see my pets, puppy or not running wild. I train my dogs to not be aggressive unless a stranger is breaking into my house, if that is the case then I expect them to do as trained and slow the attacker at least until I can get a round or two in the intruder...

So, does that go for children too?

I mean, if a dog on the loose is such a distraction that cops shouldn't hesitate to pump a few into their head, what if a child gets on the loose? Children can be just as big a distraction as a dog, if not more with all their running around, screaming and having fun. But I guess if a cop is distracted, he has every right to pump a few into the child, right?

It wouldn't be the cops fault, but rather the parents who let their child run loose, right? Just a distraction, right? Nothing a few rounds won't solve.
edit on 12-9-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

Children don't usually bite tendons or go for soft meaty areas prone to bleeding..but sure if they did...then why not put a round in them.

See..I can compare apples to oranges as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join