You Have to be Kidding Me - Police Shoot Another Dog Dead - Wait Until You See the Dog

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If I see a stray dog (not that this was a stray), I try to coax it over to me so I can check its tag or take it with me.....if I can't coax him over to me though, I admittedly do not pump a round of bullets into its head. That's probably why I could never be a cop.....I still retain my humanity.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Wow....just wow

Sometimes just when I think things can't go farther left field, a story like this comes along.

Just read the police report as well as what the witness stated happened.

Either the cop was chasing the wrong dog or he forgot to take his meds and was in lala land because his story is complete opposite of what the witness saw.

police report

Cop says the witness was holding her dog back helping him locate the puppy.

Witness says she was playing with her dog and the puppy.

Cop says he went to chase the dog around and when the dog is in the backyard he calls the dog over at which point it then growled at him and bared teeth before lunging at him.

Witness says she told cop it is a friendly dog as the cop chases the dog around and corners it, when it gave a little growl.

Cop says he was backing up for his life.

Witness says the cop just shoots the dog.

WOW, someone is lying here but either way, looks like the cop needs to find another job if he is afraid a little puppy is going to eat him.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertF

Children don't usually bite tendons or go for soft meaty areas prone to bleeding..but sure if they did...then why not put a round in them.

Why not put a round in cops then since obviously they not only blow off puppies faces, but innocent people as well..... you make me sick.
edit on 12-9-2012 by shamanix2012 because: done replying to this meathead.
edit on 12-9-2012 by shamanix2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deedsy1
reply to post by RobertF

I could almost paint a perfect portrait of you with the amount of information you have given us through your flaming. Have you thought about leaving the "police force"?

You would be a failed artist. But sure paint away....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamanix2012

Children don't usually bite tendons or go for soft meaty areas prone to bleeding..but sure if they did...then why not put a round in them.

Why not put a round in cops then since obviously they not only blow off puppies faces, but innocent people as well..... you make me sick.
edit on 12-9-2012 by shamanix2012 because: done replying to this meathead.

Oh look: it is the "apples to oranges" argument again....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The dog died bearing his teeth, must have went after someone.

I remember when i was around 10 years old i would ride past this persons house on my bicycle, had to to get home, and this dog would come out from his yard and chase me. I have to say it was frightening and i have no doubt if that dog was able to catch me it would have taken a chunk off my leg.

One day i ride past and the dog comes running full speed into the road. At the same time a tow truck with a steel bumper that was around three feet high came at the same time and the dog was in such a frenzy to get me didnt notice it was his last few seconds. I heard a loud bang, looked behind me and the dog just trolled over with his legs in the air, straight up like in the cartoons. Someone was looking out for me that day.

This is why there are leash laws.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

And how many rounds should it take to a dogs head to stop it ? logic and science is telling me not an entire clip. Coprage..... some have seen enough and will not tolerate it much longer.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by RobertF

Really....a freakin puppy, for gawd's sake....a puppy.....

You don't have pets, do you.....

Des

Yes I do I have several dogs multiple horses and about twenty head of cattle...You will never see my pets, puppy or not running wild. I train my dogs to not be aggressive unless a stranger is breaking into my house, if that is the case then I expect them to do as trained and slow the attacker at least until I can get a round or two in the intruder...

If a person is irresponsible enough to let their dog run wild around the neighborhood then they are not worthy of keeping a pet.

Like I previously stated where is the outrage for the owners that did not control their pet?

So, does that go for children too?

I mean, if a dog on the loose is such a distraction that cops shouldn't hesitate to pump a few into their head, what if a child gets on the loose? Children can be just as big a distraction as a dog, if not more with all their running around, screaming and having fun. But I guess if a cop is distracted, he has every right to pump a few into the child, right?

It wouldn't be the cops fault, but rather the parents who let their child run loose, right? Just a distraction, right? Nothing a few rounds won't solve.
edit on 12-9-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

See..I can compare apples to oranges as well.
edit on 12-9-2012 by RobertF because: (no reason given)

Not at all, actually.

You used the distraction as an excuse. Now you're changing your stance to saying dogs go after "soft meaty areas prone to bleeding". The dog which was shot was not some rabid pitbull. If your excuse now is that a dog can cause harm, it's the cops responsibility to be sure that dog is a true threat to cause harm before pumping a few rounds into it, just as you would a child.

A child can most certainly also strike at "soft meaty areas prone to bleeding". The difference is the cop would most likely have held back and waited to see if the child presented a direct threat before unloading, just as he should this dog.

If you really want to get into an apples to oranges conversation, you ignoring the reports about this dog not being a threat, and assuming all dogs no matter what deserve to get shot simply because you imply "all dogs go after meaty areas prone to bleeding" is a huge assumption. This dog never did that.
edit on 13-9-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Mod Note **ATTENTION**

Manners and civility are expected of all members. The personal insults, attacks, and disrespect for other members and their views will stop now. Please stick to the subject at hand and not each other. If you cant reply to a post without being insulting please visit another thread and come back when you have cooled off.

It may be helpful to review our terms and conditions which you agreed to upon joining.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you in advance for your kind co-operation in this matter.

Asktheanimals
Forum Moderator
edit on 13-9-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

reply to post by RobertF

Des

Yes I do I have several dogs multiple horses and about twenty head of cattle...You will never see my pets, puppy or not running wild. I train my dogs to not be aggressive unless a stranger is breaking into my house, if that is the case then I expect them to do as trained and slow the attacker at least until I can get a round or two in the intruder...

If a person is irresponsible enough to let their dog run wild around the neighborhood then they are not worthy of keeping a pet.

Like I previously stated where is the outrage for the owners that did not control their pet?

I mean, if a dog on the loose is such a distraction that cops shouldn't hesitate to pump a few into their head, what if a child gets on the loose? Children can be just as big a distraction as a dog, if not more with all their running around, screaming and having fun. But I guess if a cop is distracted, he has every right to pump a few into the child, right?

It wouldn't be the cops fault, but rather the parents who let their child run loose, right? Just a distraction, right? Nothing a few rounds won't solve.

There is a fine line between carrying on a forum debate, and saying something only, in my opinion, a sociopath would say. You are dangerously close to crossing that line, if you haven't already. I'm going to assume you've never lost a child...as I did.

Des

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamanix2012
reply to post by Malcher

And how many rounds should it take to a dogs head to stop it ? logic and science is telling me not an entire clip. Coprage..... some have seen enough and will not tolerate it much longer.

Hard to say how many rounds but i was lucky that tow truck came along. This "cute" dog was in full attack mode, he would have jumped on me and tore some flesh. I would hate to be convicted of a crime and have you on the jury, no investigation, just go off half cocked.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
This is disgusting. People should be more afraid of cops than criminals in America.

Thats exactly what they want - you to fear them.

I say don't be afraid of the cops. Treat them like the criminals they are when they are caught breaking the law.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
That cop is lying through his teeth. Witnesses are claiming a completely different version of events.

How could this disgusting scum bag call himself a public servant?

Coaxing a small puppy out of it's yard so you can gun it down with a full clip of .40 hollow points is nothing short of psychopathic.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

reply to post by RobertF

Des

Not at all, actually.

You used the distraction as an excuse. Now you're changing your stance to saying dogs go after "soft meaty areas prone to bleeding". The dog which was shot was not some rabid pitbull. If your excuse now is that a dog can cause harm, it's the cops responsibility to be sure that dog is a true threat to cause harm before pumping a few rounds into it, just as you would a child.

A child can most certainly also strike at "soft meaty areas prone to bleeding". The difference is the cop would most likely have held back and waited to see if the child presented a direct threat before unloading, just as he should this dog.

If you really want to get into an apples to oranges conversation, you ignoring the reports about this dog not being a threat, and assuming all dogs no matter what deserve to get shot simply because you imply "all dogs go after meaty areas prone to bleeding" is a huge assumption. This dog never did that.
edit on 13-9-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

NO

Your argument is still a straw man. You can not compare children and dogs as an argument.

When was the last time you had a child run at you barring its teeth. Sounds pretty silly doesn't it?

I can say that most if not all dogs have the tendency when threatened to go for soft parts of the human (or any other animals) anatomy though. That makes sense.

I can also say a majority of children will cower and or run when faced with a threat, that makes sense as well.

But comparing a child with a animalistic behavior such as displayed by a canine is a straw man argument.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
On topic, why would this whimpish, anally retentive excuse for a Police officer, not simply call another department ?

You know ... the dog catcher.

That way they would attempt to identify the owner,
( which sounds like a simple question to the neighbour would have answered ) hold the dog until such time as the owner showed up, paid the fine and hopefully learned from the hit to their pocket.

See everyone wins - local council gets the fine - dog catcher stays in gainful employment - dog gets to live -
a family gets their pet back - cops don't look like frothing out of control guntards.

Police are not trained to catch dogs or fight fires or cut tree branches away from power lines.

They should be trained to pass on to more qualified people things they don't understand. ( which is starting to sound like plenty !)

He should be sued and sacked ... mongrel.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join