You Have to be Kidding Me - Police Shoot Another Dog Dead - Wait Until You See the Dog

page: 5
28
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   



You can't read, can you?

Both are can be threats, or not, but a cop can't shoot either a child or a dog before ascertaining whether it's a true threat or not. What part of that do you not get?

Obviously a child won't attack in the manner a dog would. But a child wielding a knife could cause great harm, and it's happened. A child carrying a gun can cause harm, and it's happened. A child thinking it's funny to use a sling-shot at people can cause harm.

The point, which you'e directly ignoring and being intentionally obtuse about, or completely ignorant too, is that it's the cops responsibility to correctly ascertain the level of threat before shooting, not after.

Can you seriously not read, or are you trolling? From everything I typed you thought I was comparing the way in which a dog attacks to a child, and glanced over the fact that either can be a threat, which needs to be correctly determined before unloading a clip? That's really what you concentrated on?
edit on 13-9-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamanix2012
reply to post by Malcher
 


I am not comming off as reasonable to you maybe, but that's your opinion. I wasn't the one calling people names and talking about shooting children.... maybe you should get your facts straight. Being angry at cops that unload entire .40 hollowpoint clips at close range into a puppies head is not what most people would call unreasonable.


What do you expect with a 40 caliber pistol......

Did you think he was going to shoot the puppy at 30 yards......Of course it was close range you tool.


Man I have got to look into those .40 hollow point clips. Sounds like an interesting round, as opposed to the 40 caliber rounds I normally carry in my magazines.



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF
 


If there is a problem with a dog it could also be handled like this.

See the dog barking at the guy? He didn't feel the need to shoot the dog.



Amazing huh?

This dog growled too, but it didn't get shot.



It seems that in the op's case the problem started once the police got involved, as is often the case.



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SentientSentinel
reply to post by RobertF
 


If there is a problem with a dog it could also be handled like this.

See the dog barking at the guy? He didn't feel the need to shoot the dog.



Amazing huh?

This dog growled too, but it didn't get shot.



It seems that in the op's case the problem started once the police got involved, as is often the case.



The video is of a dog catcher not a police man walking into an unknown situation.

Try again.



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I am always a bit weary of people who like animals more than humans. I love animals too but if i saw one attacking a human i would have shoot it.



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF
 





What do you expect with a 40 caliber pistol...... Did you think he was going to shoot the puppy at 30 yards......Of course it was close range you tool.


The point is that most shooters don't need an entire clip at close range, you person.

At least a tool is usefull. Try to attain that level.



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher
 


So was it attacking a human?



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   




Nope, my reading comprehension is great.


Shoot the little # if it is a threat to your life, is that simple enough?
edit on 13-9-2012 by RobertF because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SentientSentinel
reply to post by RobertF
 





What do you expect with a 40 caliber pistol...... Did you think he was going to shoot the puppy at 30 yards......Of course it was close range you tool.


The point is that most shooters don't need an entire clip at close range, you person.

At least a tool is usefull. Try to attain that level.


Are wiling to risk life and limb for that statement?



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
How people are defending this pig is beyond me. Honestly, what do we even need cops for? All they do in my town is hassle young kids with a five sack of weed and camp out until a speeder drives by. Maybe the occasional domestic dispute. This was probably a bored cop looking for a reason to pull it out.



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobertF

Originally posted by shamanix2012
reply to post by Malcher
 


I am not comming off as reasonable to you maybe, but that's your opinion. I wasn't the one calling people names and talking about shooting children.... maybe you should get your facts straight. Being angry at cops that unload entire .40 hollowpoint clips at close range into a puppies head is not what most people would call unreasonable.


What do you expect with a 40 caliber pistol......

Did you think he was going to shoot the puppy at 30 yards......Of course it was close range you tool.


Man I have got to look into those .40 hollow point clips. Sounds like an interesting round, as opposed to the 40 caliber rounds I normally carry in my magazines.


"unload entire .40 hollowpoint clips" .........reading comprehension ftw, in this case he lost. I guess puppy killers spend more time torturing animals and calling people names then reading. For someone of your intelligence I should reword that shouldn't I.... "unload AN entire .40 hollowpoint clip". There you go now you don't have to think too much. since I did it for you.

Oh the bit about close range, well mr genius what I was getting at is the fact that at close range you do not need that much energy pumped into a dogs head to stop it in its tracks, but I'm a tool what do I know.
edit on 13-9-2012 by shamanix2012 because: (no reason given)
edit on 13-9-2012 by shamanix2012 because: (no reason given)
edit on 13-9-2012 by shamanix2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SentientSentinel
reply to post by Malcher
 


So was it attacking a human?


The police officer thought it was attacking him.



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103
 


It was lost in his last puppy attack. They go for the soft parts, so im told.



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
OK folks, the topic of the thread is "You Have to be Kidding Me - Police Shoot Another Dog Dead - Wait Until You See the Dog".

Please keep your comments on topic and not including barbed statements about each other. This is the last warning.

Thanks,

Hefficide
ATS Moderator



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF
 





The video is of a dog catcher not a police man walking into an unknown situation. Try again.


That is the guy's job. Maybe the cop should back down and call this guy if there really is a dog problem, if he is not man enough to handle it without shooting to kill a dog that posed no realistic threat.



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF
 





Are wiling to risk life and limb for that statement?


What do mean?



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SentientSentinel
reply to post by Malcher
 


So was it attacking a human?


You dont know if it was or if it wasnt. That is my whole point, wait for an investigation to be conducted.

Also, if a civilian shoots an animal (in this case a dog) because the dog was off the leash and he felt the dog was a threat and he was licensed to carry a firearm more often than not you will not get charged with a crime.

LINK



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.





new topics
top topics
 
28
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join