It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth theory, With Interviews from believers

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Surely there are more ways to see if Earth is round or not. Some guy thousend of years ago did it with shadows. Others travelled across Earth and reached their start point from the other way around. NASA is giving us pictures from space. And many more things I do not know in physics. Like how every planets is spherical in shape.

You people are idiots who are only going with this because your mind wants to "fight" those who are giving you the information. You simply want to believe that you are one guy/woman aganist the whole world, trying to prove that you are right. It provides fun for your brain. You know I am right because I can’t be wrong about this.

To those who believe Earth is round, good for you for using your brain.

Oh, one last thing, why would anyone lie about the shape of Earth? What gain do they get? Answer this question in the bottom of your post so that you do not ignore my other points.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitor

Please define "GRAVITY"
You and nobody else will be capable of such.
gravitor

Not only can we "define" gravity (the attraction due to gravitation that the Earth or another astronomical object exerts on an object on or near its surface), we can also define gravitation (the mutual force of attraction between all particles or bodies that have mass) AND we can even go into more detail about it.
It is dependant upon the mass of two objects and the distance between them in such a way that we even have a gravitational constant, a number that is the same for ALL objects regardless of where they are or how big they are and every single particle of mass in our entire universe from an atom to a planet to a star has the exact SAME gravitational constant associated with it that determines the EXACT force exerted due to gravity. Not just the Earth, not just the moon, not just the sun, but EVERYTHING and everything has the exact same constant. We have tested terrestrial objects, we have measured force related to the moon, we have calculated the orbits of planets due to this constant and have been correct each and every time as shown by the planets showing up in orbit exactly where they were supposed to show up as proof of it being corrrect.
We have tested small particles with them behaving exactly as they should due to the calculations using that constant that is the same for every single particle of mass in the universe and that has served as proof.

So, not only can we DEFINE gravity, we can TEST gravity and we can PROVE gravity. Then, we can use gravity to show the earth is, indeed, a spheroid, we can test it and we can prove it. The only challenge is to help the people reading that proof to be intelligent enough to comprehend what is going on. Hence, we have the flat earth theories and the people who argue until they're blue in the face based on zero proof, zero facts, zero support and zero intelligence. Since they are unwilling or unable to do the background work to develop understanding, they refuse to listen to those who have done so. It doesn't make the truth wrong, it makes the people who refuse to go to the trouble of comprehending the truth wrong.

***no longer to the poster being responded to but to the entire group of those who are preaching the flat earth theory****

The earth is a spheroid, you may not like it, but it has been proven over and over again for centuries now. The inability of a flat-earth theorist to comprehend the mathematics involved does not make it wrong, it makes the theorist who is incapable of comprehending it stupid.

Ignorance is forgivable, it means you DON'T know something, stupidity isn't forgivable, it means you CAN'T know something because you aren't capable. It doesn't mean you should be mistreated or killed or anything of that nature and you should be taken care of since you aren't capable of taking care of yourself, but you are not permitted to dictate anything or tell other people who DO know how things work what you think and try to get them to believe you especially after you have been explained to over and over again. Nobody on this site is "stupid", you are capable of working a computer, you are capable of reading and writing, you are capable of communication, so you aren't "stupid" and you CAN learn if you put in the time and effort so get off your lazy backside and put your brain to work. Research, investigate, learn, then you can understand instead of talking out of your backside.

Deny the Ignorance and put in the effort to learn.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by goh13

Oh, one last thing, why would anyone lie about the shape of Earth? What gain do they get? Answer this question in the bottom of your post so that you do not ignore my other points.

SOME of them are doing it because of boredom and they just want to argue and laugh about it, others are total idiots and don't know any better. The first group is tolerable, although frustrating since they feed into the second group and make them even dumber.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Maybe this site is "elementary" enough to help those who don't seem capable to understand a little better... if not, there's always Dr. Suess

www.smarterthanthat.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by StrangeWayz

S+F for wasting your time. People who assume the earth is flat--must have flat brain.

Time Lapse View from Space, Fly Over

Toy Robot in Space! - HD balloon flight to 95,000ft

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I think it's quite sad the amount of people here who are being so ignorant, whether the earth is round or flat doesn't excuse the outright ignorance these people choose to show in the form of mocking, it's people like this who ruin threads because there's so much crap that anyone who has anything to actually add is put off. Shouldn't there be a trolling forum for these people to get their anger out.

Star & flag for a well presented thread by the way.
edit on 12/9/2012 by LeroyBrown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeroyBrown
I think it's quite sad the amount of people here who are being so ignorant, whether the earth is round or flat doesn't excuse the outright ignorance these people choose to show in the form of mocking, it's people like this who ruin threads because there's so much crap that anyone who has anything to actually add is put off. Shouldn't there be a trolling forum for these people to get their anger out.

Star & flag for a well presented thread by the way.

What ruins this place is people like you who mistake genuine denial of ignorance with being close minded.

If I was to present a laughably long argument claiming 1+1=3, wouldn't you get sick and tired of it before you'd go through it? I'd be surprised if you'd even spend the time to read it, or address it with what you call an "open mind".
The best approach would be not to even let yourself be engulfed by stupidity and simply ignore it. Other approach would be mocking it, rightfully so.

If I presented an argument that we hear with our eyes or see with our mouthes, what of the following replies would you find stupider:
1. You're an idiot.
2. Wow, what an interesting theory. Even though it is scientifically wrong and all the evidence you present is invalid, I will not be as close minded as to not agree with you, therefore I applaud you!

If you think number 2 is the right thing to say, well.. You're an idiot.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'd be embarrassed to let others know of my idiocy by claiming such absurdity. ALLLLL the other planets are round.....EXCEPT earth. Hmmmm

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I am a flat earth believer for about 2 years now. This information was the hardest thing to even comprehend. Once exposed to the idea and reading the book"Earth Not a Globe". www.sacred-texts.com... . It took days before I could even accept the Idea of a flat earth even being possible. Here is a chart of the drop of the earth if it is indeed round.www.sacred-texts.com...
I found out about flat earth while researching conspiracies, and moon landing hoaxes. If you don't believe man has ever been to the moon you may be able to grasp the possibility of the earth being flat. If you believe everything NASA tells you, there is not much chance of you seeing the truth.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! This brought me back to my childhood when SAT morning cartoons cracked me up and put a smile on my face. GREAT READ OP.

If anyone believes the Earth is flat, google images of Earth...it will BLOW YOUR MIND. I can tell you what you find, no pictures of a flat planet.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
So how does flat eart theory explain the simple observations of travelling. It makes no sense at all. We can see the curvature of the earth from space, if it was flat there would be no curvature. We understand space is curved but space is only curved because mass is curved. A dust particle is not flat, flat implies 2 dimensions left and right back and forth. If the world was flat there would be no up and down?

Yet, i can go down by digging a simple hole? If the earth was truely flat i wpuld be able to dig a hole to the other side of the earth like poking a hole in paper.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
So how does flat eart theory explain the simple observations of travelling. It makes no sense at all. We can see the curvature of the earth from space, if it was flat there would be no curvature. We understand space is curved but space is only curved because mass is curved. A dust particle is not flat, flat implies 2 dimensions left and right back and forth. If the world was flat there would be no up and down?

Yet, i can go down by digging a simple hole? If the earth was truely flat i wpuld be able to dig a hole to the other side of the earth like poking a hole in paper.

You are trusting NASA with pics from space. If the earth was round there would be no up or down. At least on flat earth if in USA and Australia if you throw something in the air, they are going the same direction.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoppy1
I am a flat earth believer for about 2 years now. This information was the hardest thing to even comprehend. Once exposed to the idea and reading the book"Earth Not a Globe". www.sacred-texts.com... . It took days before I could even accept the Idea of a flat earth even being possible. Here is a chart of the drop of the earth if it is indeed round.www.sacred-texts.com...
I found out about flat earth while researching conspiracies, and moon landing hoaxes. If you don't believe man has ever been to the moon you may be able to grasp the possibility of the earth being flat. If you believe everything NASA tells you, there is not much chance of you seeing the truth.

Hahah really?

Hey boys we got ourselves a real live flat earther!

Can you post a pic of yourself please? I want to see if you look like a normal person.

How far back does mental illness run in your family?

So many questions!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1

You are trusting NASA with pics from space. If the earth was round there would be no up or down. At least on flat earth if in USA and Australia if you throw something in the air, they are going the same direction.

I can receive a satellite image from any number of satellites orbiting the planet and only a very small percentage are satellites controlled/deployed by NASA. The satellite image is received and decrypted at my home with a handheld scanner, antenna and a simple discriminator circuit.

How could I receive signals/data from satellites if what your saying is true?

In a flat earth scenario..... How would geostationary satellites be possible? I know that geostationary satellites exist and where they are (I'm sure every foxtel user with a satellite dish would agree) and can prove this by receiving data from them.

BTW, you might want to check out my post on page three.

edit on 12/9/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by circlemaker
reply to post by StrangeWayz

Interesting thread. I appreciate the time you took to conduct the interviews.

It's certainly creative, and I'm impressed that they aren't all bible-thumpers, these flat earth people.

I've been warping my mind while reading through this thread trying to figure out how it could be true (the earth being flat). I won't go into some of my wilder imaginings, though I will offer this:

Video games. We perceive spherical objects and 3D environments when it's all just a projection of pixels on a flat screen using relatively basic math. Who's to say that what we perceive isn't constructed in a similar fashion? Wouldn't our creations mimic nature due to information association? What if we're stuck on an event horizon, trapped like a fly, yet we perceive projections which can appear rather spherical?

Fun thread, aside from the glut of mocking posts which did nothing but waste my time and reduce my respect for humanity.

That's pretty much what I was getting at on page 8, but you seemed to nail it a little better than I did. Bravo.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1

Well hoppy1, are you contributing here to argue for argument's sake, or has your distrust of NASA led you to abandon logic and the scientific method altogether?

Have the flat earther's co-opted the geodesic concept of a flat, open or closed universe to apply it locally?

Shape of the Universe

edit on 12-9-2012 by elfie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
In response to the edge of the world. The edge is antarctica, picture the earth as a table top and holding a flashlight above it. The sun moves in a circle above it. The center of the circle is North Pole, the edge of the circle is the South pole. The sun is more of directed beam of light similar to a flashlight. Daylight is the lit area, it is night time in the areas not lit.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by elfie

Do you believe man has landed on the moon?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Flat Earth = Time to bail out of this forum (For good). I know there are many genuine an interesting threads, but there is just too much muck to wade through to find them now. Frustration maximized, departure imminent

So.... thank you and goodnight

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1

My brother is an analyst on a ship engaged in scientific research that cruises regularly to Antarctica, and they have yet to reach an "edge" of the earth.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join