It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth theory, With Interviews from believers

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
flat earthers are trolls

they just want to push your buttons to see if you will turn purple and explode

don't waste your time

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
flat earthers are trolls

don't waste your time

I'm purple already though

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1

Explain how they go in different directions?
Seriously, you lost me. When you throw a ball up in the air, no matter where on (a spherical) Earth you are, the ball goes up in the air.

How does it not work that way?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
I don't have time for the interviews - but I will say this (for those who have eyes to see and a mind to understand)

the Earth is Flat, and Hollow
like the Atom.

Sorry to inject another food simile... but the Earth is a calzone!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by hoppy1

Explain how they go in different directions?
Seriously, you lost me. When you throw a ball up in the air, no matter where on (a spherical) Earth you are, the ball goes up in the air.

How does it not work that way?
Put your fingers on a basket ball on opposite sides. Now pull both fingers off and your fingers are going in opposite directions. That is how the round earth works.
Now put both fingers on a table top, and move them both off. They are going in the same direction. That is how the flat earth works. That's all I'm saying.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1

I'm sorry but I think your explanation requires an explanation?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

flat earthers are trolls

don't waste your time
I am not trolling. The earth is flat. You are brainwashed.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoppy1
I believe the moon is a self luminated object, as the sun is. I have no explanation for moon phases.

I believe those earth shots are fake. There is a youtube video of the astronauts faking earth shots from space. Can't link now from phone.

Basically the core of your theory is "I have no explanation and these pics are fake".

Well I guess in a year or two you'll be looking back, wondering how the hell were you so dense.

There's a very VERY bold difference between not trusting NASA 100% and claiming the Earth is flat. NASA didn't originally make that discovery, you know.

I really hope you're trolling anyway, for your intelligence's sake.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
reply to post by PurpleChiten

heh

Words interpreted literally without a point of referential knowledge will always lead One astray.

This, however, does not circumvent the fact that we are entrapped within a 2D world, an illusion of three dimensions.

The Church just likes to screw with the minds of their flock.

If this were a true 3D world, we would operate in triplets, rather than a binary formation.

(photon) wave is to particle as (electron) one is to zero
...as bagpipes are to modem noises.

heh

They just can't handle our "purpleness"

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by TheMindWar
So how does flat eart theory explain the simple observations of travelling. It makes no sense at all. We can see the curvature of the earth from space, if it was flat there would be no curvature. We understand space is curved but space is only curved because mass is curved. A dust particle is not flat, flat implies 2 dimensions left and right back and forth. If the world was flat there would be no up and down?

Yet, i can go down by digging a simple hole? If the earth was truely flat i wpuld be able to dig a hole to the other side of the earth like poking a hole in paper.

You are trusting NASA with pics from space. If the earth was round there would be no up or down. At least on flat earth if in USA and Australia if you throw something in the air, they are going the same direction.

Up is "away from the surface of the earth", down is "toward the surface of the earth. We aren't cartoons living on a two dimensional surface where North is up and South is down. It doesn't work that way....

Seriously dude??? Seriously??

What,s your point. On round earth the balls are going in different directions. On flat earth they go tbe same direction. Seriously.

that's just downright sad

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

flat earthers are trolls

don't waste your time

you're gonna have to do a lot better than that !

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

flat earthers are trolls

don't waste your time

you're gonna have to do a lot better than that !

That's the problem, THAT was his/her BEST

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1

Explain what you mean by "direction." North and south? Someone already pointed out how that works....

So if I hold a basketball in my hand and move one finger "up" from the top of it, I would be going in the direction towards the sky. If I move one finger "down" from the bottom of it, I would be going in the direction towards the ground.

But that doesn't happen when I throw a ball, whether I'm at the north pole, south pole or equator. When I throw a ball up in the air from anywhere on earth, it is moving up towards the sky.

So are you trying to say because "up" is all the same direction everywhere on earth, this proves the earth is flat? Sorry, I'm confused. I'm trying to understand your logic but i can't.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeWayz

Wow, is all I can say. Are some people really that lost or what ?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
what are their views on circling the "globe" by boat or plane?

i mean its been done by private citizens from all over the world without links to governments.

not everyone that has traveled the world must be Illuminati.
perhaps that is how one can join them, by discovering the edge of the world lol.
but apparently once you find the edge of the world, you are just glad to be part of the club and are willing to join in on the lie.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bisman

i mean its been done by private citizens from all over the world without links to governments.

perhaps that is how one can join them, by discovering the edge of the world lol.
but apparently once you find the edge of the world, you are just glad to be part of the club and are willing to join in on the lie.

Circumnavigation is not evidence for a round Earth. Circumnavigation is perfectly possible on a flat Earth. Regarding the edge, how many people do you personally know that have been to Antarctica? Not many, I would imagine. It isn't a very hospitable place to be. The Edge is even farther from the Sun than the icy tundras of Antarctica. It is uninhabitable to a point where death is almost guaranteed, I wouldn't want to go there, and if I did, I doubt I would return.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by gravitor
Mass is a mere local memory , there is no force called gravity, there is a net consequence of opposing fields relative to the surface area of this planet termed gravity.
There is an implosion into the heart centre of this planet, there is a decreased emmittance out of the heart centre to the ratio of fibonacci of 55/34.
That net difference will be different upon the moon.

You are REPEATING in a parrot fashion that which is indoctrinated.
The Earth is indeed fl;at, but it is composed of multiple flat projections that creates spheroids.
The spheroid shape is due to the polarity and equater f0ormation in the geometry of the solid universe.
gravitor

ROFLMAO!!!!
You don't even know who Fibonacci is!!! LMAO "the ratio of fibonacci of 55/34" ROFLMAO!!!

I am a Mathematician and a Physicist, I DO know who Fibonacci is. I'm quite familiar with his work, the sequence and with the Golden Ratio. YOU, however, are not. You thought maybe that would be a "big fancy word" to throw at people to throw them off track, but you really stepped in it this time lil darlin.
You probably don't even realize that Fibonacci was a person, you probably thought that was some "big fancy science word" that you'd throw out to try to make people think you knew what you were talking about!

I seriously doubt you have any concept of who Fibonacci even is. Heck, I'd even bet 112358 to one, you have no idea
(some people will actually get that pun, you aren't one of those people). You have no concept of what phi is, you have no concept of the Golden Ratio, you know absolutely NOTHING yet you are trying to play it off as though you do... that's just downright SAD!

You are repeating something somebody told you because you thought it sounded "smart" when it's not smart, not true and has been debunked time and time again. Very straightfoward explanations are given to you, having absolutely nothing to do with NASA or any other governmental agency, yet you ignore those and cling to a fairy tale as though it is the gospel truth.

I found the fibonacci sequencing in the angles and measurements that I detect via dowsing before ever hearing of such.
When I did find the sequence I nearly flipped.
YOU know nothing of what I know yet rant on upon here as though You do, You show yourself up.

The projections that are detectable are in nine parallel lines, arranged in three sets of threes...thats 3,6,9, which a certain Mr tesla knew of.
I know a vast amount relative to nature and the fibonacci and Lucas sequencings, and if You want to drop Your arrogant ridiculous attitude I will discuss with You how this creates the reality that is wrongly thought to be all there is.
Everything is created by absolute flat projections that are of universe, as you switch about within this system the illusion is of always been on a circuler seperate planet, it is in reality a vast multiple arrangement of holographic screens that overlap .
You have to be able to sort of tune into natures radio station that is 1.618...also on radio .618.

The origins of fibonacci go way back further than Mr bigollo into hindu origins.
There can be found the sequencing in the fire altars , if You actually have any idea about what You say .

gravitor
edit on 13-9-2012 by gravitor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orderamongchaos

Originally posted by Bisman

Circumnavigation is not evidence for a round Earth. Circumnavigation is perfectly possible on a flat Earth. Regarding the edge, how many people do you personally know that have been to Antarctica? Not many, I would imagine. It isn't a very hospitable place to be. The Edge is even farther from the Sun than the icy tundras of Antarctica. It is uninhabitable to a point where death is almost guaranteed, I wouldn't want to go there, and if I did, I doubt I would return.

You seem to grasp the idea of circumnavigating the flat earth. A compass points north, for instance you head east. It will take you in a circle. All the while your heading is east. No problem.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
hoppy1, as long as you don't know how to explain why the moon is sometime spherical, sometime crescent, don't bother pushing your kiddy science.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Orderamongchaos

how many people do you personally know that have been to Antarctica

I live with one. How do you explain the lack of giant ice wall where McMurdo Station is, which is located at the southern tip of Ross Island? When people fly to the continent to work at McMurdo, they land near here. No giant ice wall, sorry. While it is the bottom of the world, there's no mysterious edge to somehow accidentally fall off of.

During the summer months, there are hundreds of people on Antarctica.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join