It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source: Obama Saw Platform Language Prior to Convention

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The only reading Obama does is from his teleprompters. And the vote to add God and Jerusalem back to the platform was just awkward and a huge fail. Romney should run that clip as a commercial.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by buster2010
At least the Dems fixed their problem before the convention was over.

They FORCED the vote on 'God' and 'Jerusalem'. It was a FRAUD.
So that's how Dems 'fix their problems', eh? Through FRAUD and LIES??

Photo of DNC Teleprompter shows vote outcome was predetermined

It was obvious that the 'NO' vote was much louder than the 'YES' vote.
2/3 of the voters were needed to pass the vote.
But the speaker went with the 'YES' vote even though the 'NO' vote was louder.
That's because the outcome was PREDETERMINED.

So yes .. the dems 'fixed' their problem ... faking a vote. Typical.

So very little being said of this, the Party leaders pushing the vote through, and the delegates booing the 'misreading' of the results of the voice vote.

It's right there on the teleprompter.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The video of the vote was bad enough, but when I heard about the teleprompter, I was speechless. And when I heard about it this morning Politico was referenced. So I did a Google search and saw the word "teleprompter" in the search results. When I went to the Politico page, they have now scrubbed all reference to the teleprompter!!!

hmmm......

And now Politico has backtracked on what Obama knew when:

While the campaign at first said Obama had seen the language prior to the convention, it later said he did not learn of the issue until Wednesday morning, when he became aware of seeing news coverage of the issue. Once that happened, the president directed his staff to change the language to include a reference to God and Jerusalem as Israel’s capital because, the campaign source said, the amended version is “consistent with the president’s own positions.”
politico.com

And that article is the same as the one they scrubbed the teleprompter reference from. Seems they must have gotten "a call".

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

How's this for a Conspiracy Theory (my hubby and I came up with it)

A few weeks ago, Obama, in his concern for losing Christian and Jewish votes, secretly instructs Debbie Wasserman Shultz to have the language removed from the platform. Then, when the GOP finds out and makes a big fuss about it, Obama swoops in, orders that the language be reinstated, and becomes the hero of the religious and picks up some votes for his strong stand on God and Jerusalem.

Sounds plausible. huh? Not saying I believe that, but it's an interesting theory. And now that I've read the thread, I see it occurred to others, too.
I should have known ATS would come up with it.

edit on 9/6/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

At least the Dems fixed their problem before the convention was over. Too bad the Repubs didn't fix their little problem with Romney and Afghanistan huh?

Is that what the Democratic Party calls that, 'fixing'?

Oh yeah. Excuse me, they do call that 'fixing the vote'.

Not really very 'democratic' though, 'fixing a vote'.
edit on 6-9-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

The Right Wing is so butthurt at the moment that they are simply slinging everything.

I am libertarian by nature, so I don't fall into the 'right-wing' category.

I just want to know what this has to do with the 'right wing'. Is it the right wing of the Democratic Party that you are referring to? If so, it must be that the President is that right wing, since it has been stated that he wanted the wording put in.

Either way, it was the Democratic Party leadership that was caught pushing through a vote that wasn't supported by the delegates.

Both parties are guilty of these antics, I just think it is a little bit much to blame this DNC 'problem' on the Republican Party.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

At least the Dems fixed their problem before the convention was over.

They FORCED the vote on 'God' and 'Jerusalem'. It was a FRAUD.
So that's how Dems 'fix their problems', eh? Through FRAUD and LIES??

Photo of DNC Teleprompter shows vote outcome was predetermined

It was obvious that the 'NO' vote was much louder than the 'YES' vote.
2/3 of the voters were needed to pass the vote.
But the speaker went with the 'YES' vote even though the 'NO' vote was louder.
That's because the outcome was PREDETERMINED.

So yes .. the dems 'fixed' their problem ... faking a vote. Typical.

Did you miss the RNC last week, just wondering?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

A party that changes its platform as the wind of public opinion blows?

lol, like Romneys platform?

And that is what you respect?

No, I don't like either party, they're both corrupt and not for the people. I watch politics like I do a movie at this point...it's political theater. I take it for what it is.

But I can relate to the democrats more than the republican party. I disagree usually 98% of the time with rep stances.

It means they will be lying to get elected. You support that?

All politicians lie to get elected. The voting was fixed at the RNC the same as it was the DNC. Everyone knows it's a sham.

^RNC
edit on 6-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

For such a strong Christian.......which he claims to be, he sure as hell has no problems with doing this sort of thing, and I love his "were closer then every with Israel" yet they cut thenumber of men for the upcoming exercises by ohhhhhh 4k , not to mention hardware they arent taking, that they usually supply.......

Mind you, I dont care what religion you are, but if you are going to claim a religion , it sure as hell doesnt look good when youre doing everything the opposite........

At every turn , in EVERY area , be it his religion, his policies, or even his faked love of sports (which he knows jack about, seriously this guy cant even pronounce stadiums and team names right, sports fans can spot this from a mile away) this man has proven that hes a pandering, waffle loving , liar......

If he gets elected again.......it will be because the American populous has reached its lowest "dumb" factor of all time.........

Ill be writting in Ron Paul..........
edit on 6-9-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

How's this for a Conspiracy Theory (my hubby and I came up with it)

A few weeks ago, Obama, in his concern for losing Christian and Jewish votes, secretly instructs Debbie Wasserman Shultz to have the language removed from the platform. Then, when the GOP finds out and makes a big fuss about it, Obama swoops in, orders that the language be reinstated, and becomes the hero of the religious and picks up some votes for his strong stand on God and Jerusalem.

Sounds plausible. huh? Not saying I believe that, but it's an interesting theory. And now that I've read the thread, I see it occurred to others, too.
I should have known ATS would come up with it.

edit on 9/6/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Along the right lines, but not expansive enough IMO.
We are dealing with extremely smart and cunning teams of people.
Nothing is foolish or implicating or for no good reason.

The U.S. election results this year never mattered. We must think bigger.
This is Macheavellian s**t as it's finest. Make no mistake.

The East is where it's at. There are billions there to be fooled.
What is obams again? A christian, A muslim, A gay-marriage advocate?

Do you see now? If not, think global, not local.

All my opinion friend.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
WHY is this man, even running again?

edit on 6-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

A party that changes its platform as the wind of public opinion blows?

lol, like Romneys platform?

What did Romney approve and then immediately change due to backlash at the RNC?

And that is what you respect?

No, I don't like either party, they're both corrupt and not for the people. I watch politics like I do a movie at this point...it's political theater. I take it for what it is.

But I can relate to the democrats more than the republican party. I disagree usually 98% of the time with rep stances.

I dislike both parties as well. I happen to think someone with intimate knowledge of how to run a business as well as spend money wisely is a better choice than someone who has failed to live up to the hype, not made good on his promises, and has put the country in a worse situation.

It means they will be lying to get elected. You support that?

All politicians lie to get elected. The voting was fixed at the RNC the same as it was the DNC. Everyone knows it's a sham.

I agree, now why do you only post pro-Obama posts and never anything negative, and always anti-Romney posts and never anything positive? You claim to dislike both parties. I support Romney, but I have certainly posted about Republican shenanigans I was disgusted by.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
The Right Wing is so butthurt at the moment that they are simply slinging everything. It's hilarious right now, but later it's not going to be so funny. Shut the hell up right wing fringe crazies and grab the hand of your fellow man. We do it together or we don't do it at all, idiots. Or, just keep being caboose devastated...I wouldn't mind some comedy as the ship sinks. I'd rather rise together, but if they don't want to...fine.

okay I'll bite! Let's all sing kumbaya, or wait I like this one better

edit on 10-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Can I make a slight modification of your theory, as I like your theory a lot, but my thought is that POTUS was afraid he wasn't catering enough to his far left base so he took the words God and Israel out to please them. After all wasn't there a muslim group staging a summit nearby? Obama cannot be both pro muslim and pro Israel due to the conflict of interest so he chose no God at all. When his PR people realized what a mistake that was in the Jewish vote is probably a larger chunk than the muslim chunk, and when media attention came of it, they all decided they'd better do the one that gets the most votes(as they can always get money later).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join