It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Scientific Report Destroys Global Warming!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein

Here is some info for you:
study from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland looking at climate data over the past century has concluded that solar variation has made a significant impact on the Earth’s climate. The report concludes that evidence for climate changes based on solar radiation can be traced back as far as the Industrial Revolution.
www.livescience.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

whatreallyhappened.com...

So I know you will just pass this off as BS and I expect that, but by all means keep insulting the hell out of everyone who does not agree with your assessment.

I actually agree with some scientist that say we are effecting global warming as you will see, but just not to the extent that you proclaim.Yes I think it is more cyclical Look to the Suns solar activity.

edit on 9/5/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/5/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
No matter what the cause the cure is the same. Reduce global CO2 emissions. Also lowering NO2 emissions is critical...Get the corn out of gas. It's advisable to lower methane emissions also.......stop eating so much chili

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
“WTF does oil have to do with global warming???”
votan

Burning oil ( or more precisely petroleum ) puts CO2 into the atmosphere and that creates a greenhouse effect and that drives global warming.
wiki.answers.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
CaptGizmo

“While evidence suggests fluctuations in solar activity can affect climate on Earth, and that it has done so in the past, the majority of climate scientists and astrophysicists agree that the sun is not to blame for the current and historically sudden uptick in global temperatures on Earth, which seems to be mostly a mess created by our own species. “
FROM the site YOU gave!
www.livescience.com...
Also, from the same site YOU gave,
"As for Abdussamatov’s claim that solar fluctuations are causing Earth’s current global warming, Charles Long, a climate physicist at Pacific Northwest National Laboratories in Washington, says the idea is nonsense."

PS; Thanks for providing more evidence for my position!

edit on 5-9-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It is hard to argue against things like science and facts but that doesn’t stop people from trying.

At least the mods moved the thread to its rightful place DECONSTRUCTING DISINFO % DEFLECTION.

They are much kinder than myself because IMO it belongs in the BS category. Thanks mods.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
CaptGizmo
As for your conspiracy site,
whatreallyhappened.com...
I prefer NASA ( by the way your other site actually confirmed that NASA agrees that humans have had the most impact on global warming) and trust it more!
www.giss.nasa.gov...
I also trust National Geographic more then some conspiracy site with an agenda.
ocean.nationalgeographic.com...
I also trust common sense. Everyone knows that temperatures have been skyrocketing! Note that the site you gave makes the absurd claim that temperatures are not rising!! Most anti-science sites at least admit the obvious, that temperatures are rising and then make the junk science claim that it is not human related. To dimiss the obvious ,and claim the opposite that temperatures are not rising is outrageously absurd and reveals that your site is even extreme by conspiracy enthusiast standards.( those that believe the entire world's scientific community is part of a Illuminati conspiracy to make us believe in global warming)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Here is NASA’s position,
“"This summer people are seeing extreme heat and agricultural impacts," Hansen says. "We're asserting that this is causally connected to global warming, and in this paper we present the scientific evidence for that."
FROM
www.nasa.gov...
Here is more evidence of NASA’s position regarding global warming.
climate.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
“but by all means keep insulting the hell out of everyone who does not agree with your assessment.”
CaptGizmo

Actually, you have a point. I should be more polite. If someone claimed that the earth is flat and the entire world’s scientific community is keeping that secret because of some evil agenda, I should show sympathy and politely explain why such a position is absurd.
However, if you read the fanaticism and hatred in my opponent’s posts * and you realize that they are trivializing a major problem, that should not be ignored, I think you can see why I fight fire with fire.
* That those that disagree with them are either dupes of the worldwide conspiracy or are one of the criminals behind it.
PS;Ironically “ conservatives” (they call themselves conservatives, but do not believe in individual rights, only rights for corporations) have embraced en.wikipedia.org... . They reject science when it disagrees with them because (they rationalize) there is no objective reality, only opinions. I hate postmodernism and I especially hate hypocrites that “agree” with postmodernism only when it helps them.I respect a true believer that is wrong more then a cynical believer that only embraces a position for convenience.

LONG LIVE OBJECTIVE FACTS! And down with those that try to discredit science and the scientific method!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

The problem is not WARMER WATER...the problem is SALINITY!

As the FRESH WATER ICE of Greenland and Antarctica and North Polar Ice Cap...MELTS....what happens is that the Fresh Water is LIGHTER than the SALT WATER! This becomes a serious problem if too much Fresh Water melts into the Salt Water Oceans.

The Salt Water being heavier will separate from the Fresh Water and thus a Salinity Barrier will be created. The Gulf Stream being one of the Worlds Oceans Major Ocean Water Conveyor Belt that exists because in any System of Heat Exchange as is what exists all over the Worlds Oceans in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres...is Warm Ocean Water rushing via current to Colder Water as an example...even using AIR...a Home that is Heated in the Winter filled with Warm Air will quickly have that AIR rush out an OPEN DOOR and the COLD AIR OUTSIDE will RUSH IN THE HOME. It is a Pressure Balance.

This is similar to Ocean Currents as WARM OCEAN WATER...say in the Gulf of Mexico...will rush around the very DEEP CHANNELS around the tip of Florida and flow up the American Coastline then across the Atlantic to the U.K. and as this happens the Warm Water warms the AIR near the U.K. and a reverse Current brings COLD WATER DOWN from the Arctic by Greenland and across to Africa where it then moves across the Atlantic to the Caribbean.

If the Ocean receives too much Fresh Water...this will stay at the Oceans Surface as it is LIGHTER than SALT WATER. Thus the Lighter Fresh Water will Super Heat and Move as a SURFACE CURRENT...as the Heavier Salt Water will STALL and not Move. Once all the Fresh Water Ice has melted...the added Weight upon the Currents will stall completely and there will not be a water current. The Northern and Southern Regions may at the same time go into an ICE AGE with only the Equator area and Sub-Tropics not locked up in ICE.

Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
reply to post by jjf3rd77

( Correction on Spelling Grammer )
Well is this Global Warming Just Our Earth Alone or is the Whole Solar Sytem
We Earthen Humans Live in is Effective

my thought is its Our Solar system that is Effective just look at Mars
isnt Mars Warming Up and it Producing More Methane ever before
let alone its Ice Caps are Shrinking

It may be the electric charged intersteller Cloud that we are soon to go through

it may be effecting Our Sun , Our Sun reacting to the Cloud ..

Its Proved by science that we will eventually go through this Cloud

Our solar system is traveling slowly through an interstellar cloud of gases that streamed in from our galactic neighborhood.

By Irene Klotz
Wed Feb 1, 2012 02:14 PM ET

news.discovery.com...

December 23, 2009: The solar system is passing through an interstellar cloud that physics says should not exist. In the Dec. 24th issue of Nature, a team of scientists reveal how NASA's Voyager spacecraft have solved the mystery.

Voyager Makes an Interstellar Discovery
science.nasa.gov...

Passing Into the Energy Cloud
Posted: 12/29/09 09:21 AM ET
www.huffingtonpost.com...

On Christmas Eve, 2009, the startling hypothesis that our Solar System, the Sun and all its planets, are moving into a potentially dangerous and destabilizing interstellar energy cloud, was resoundingly sustained. In their research paper, "A strong, highly-tilted interstellar magnetic field near the Solar System," published the December 24, 2009 issue of Nature, a highly respected scientific journal, M. Opher et al report on data transmitted from Voyager, the twin spacecraft that have been exploring the outer reaches of the Solar System since 1977.

Its Not Only just us Humans Causing Global Warming !!, we are part of the Role but not all of it ...

We may be Closer than we Think,, to this Cloud ...

with the Mass Deaths of Living things incressing its telling me, A magnetic field is being the effective
Cause of it

the Mass Deaths of Animals are mostly Navigatinal Animals From Birds to Whales ..

Just Maybe The Activity of the Sun everso incressed by that intersteller Cloud found in 2009
that We will eventually will go through .it .

edit on 4-9-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

Whoa Apolagies ATS about the Missing Words Letters like It = Its That = Then etc..

Well you all know im not the best Grammer writer here...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I'm assuming you didn't read the article you linked?

Because it doesn't say what you claim it says.

Using the improved data set, the researchers re-examined patterns of marine invertebrate biodiversity over the last 540 million years.They found that while warm periods in the geological past experienced increased extinctions, they also promoted the origination of new species, increasing overall biodiversity.

Let's read that again, slowly, this time:

They found that while warm periods in the geological past experienced increased extinctions, they also promoted the origination of new species, increasing overall biodiversity.

Now we'll just focus on a few key words:

They found that whilewarm periods in the geological past experienced increased extinctions

This seems to completely contradict you're assertion that:

Now, it seems that a report coming out finally realizes that warmer temperatures are actually GOOD for this planet and that it will NOT cause mass extinctions!!!!!!

You:

warmer temperatures ... will NOT cause mass extinctions!!!!!!

The report:

They found that ... warm periods in the geological past experienced increased extinctions

That's what they call a fail.

i agree with all the above and the entire discussion is moot because the OP was nonsensical.

i don't understand how billionaires that are profiting MORE THAN EVER while the regular guy is barely making ends meet.... are suddenly the most honest people on the planet!! yes, the billionaires are the ones with YOUR best interest at heart

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein
rwfresh
Considering that you know more about science then the entire world’s scientific community you must be an extraterrestrial! Do you wish to be called “ZOLTON” or the full “ZOLTON THE MAGNIFICENT”? Actually, I think your tin foil hat needs adjusting!

What i am asserting is you are misunderstanding their findings because you yourself have not read the information. Which is clear by the statements you are making.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by rwfresh

If the amount of C02 in the atmosphere was a road a1000 miles long, man is responsible for about the first 6 inches.

In other words we dont even contribute, when compared to say, a single volcanic eruption, which spews more in 1 single eruption than man in his entire existance. multiplied by multiple active volcanoes simultaniously erupting every day year round.

So the whole C02 arguement is tired, quite pathetic, and getting retarded at this point.

Agreed. It is one of the most idiotic debates in the history of mankind. What a waste of resources and energy pumping this bs. But then, that is the purpose. Confuse and distract.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein
Rwfresh takes the ridiculous stance that humans have not contributed to global warming. He also made the obviously absurd statement that no scientific organization has stated that humans have significantly contributed to global warming.

You are lying now. You are a strange fellow. You stated that all scientific bodies have concluded that "man caused global warming". That is a quote of yours. You've since modified your statement. Good, you are getting closer to the truth. Man has not caused global warming.. no more than man caused any of the historical ice ages.

Man hasn't significantly contributed to global warming. If by significant we mean generated a significant amount of CO2 outside the naturally occurring/created CO2. And to have you understand this I've asked you to discover for yourself what the ratio of natural vs man-mad CO2 is in the last 10 years. This one statistic will help open your eyes.

Are humans under threat of destroying themselves? ABSOLUTELY. Is global warming the most significant threat? Not even close. In fact the "climate change" issue and the "carbon tax solution" is a concerted effort to divert attention away from the dire truth.

The scientific authority you hold so dear actually couldn't give a crap about you. They are way more concerned with self-preservation at any cost. And that doesn't mean there aren't good individual scientists out there speaking out against the misinformation... But not surprisingly, they have been black balled from the scientific authority for being honest, brave and devoted to scientific truth.

Anyway, no hard feelings. Peace. I stand with you against those destroying the ecosystem and environment we rely on for survival.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Global warming is real, but not man made. A natural earth cycle since we just came out of an ice age.

All this "green tech" is an elitist front

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

As for the ridiculous claim that it might be ok because people will probably adapt... well, sure, it MIGHT be ok, for you... but less ok for all the thousands who's countries are being flooded by rising sea levels, etc. Or to the many species that are going to be wiped out...

So let's worry about something that MIGHT happen.. And in the meantime, we will continue to dump poison in our water system, spend trillions on KILLING PEOPLE (war), promote hatred, destroy our food system.. BUT let's not focus on that right now. Let's all band together and pay carbon tax so there won't be any floods and the climate won't change.

Do you see how ridiculous this is? It is a total distraction. No logical, rational thinking person can get on board with this idiotic panic over some possible future event while the same people pumping the fear are destroying the earth and mankind RIGHT NOW.

Stop the wars. Feed the people. educate people right now. take a trillion and come up with cleaner less expensive energy. Generating more debt to pay tax to those exact same companies dominating and destroying is just a stupid idea. It is moronic. Completely illogical.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
hahaha!

listen, the people who don't get it by now.... won't until it's right in their face practically nonstop...

really is no point in arguing with the fools right now...

i get it, but not really...

just let them be

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Can someone post a link to the scientific peer studied research and documents that state man has not had an impact on global warming?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

What would you consider more important, wars that affect groups of people around the globe or a disaster that kills most of the people on the globe?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Can someone post a link to the scientific peer studied research and documents that state man has not had an impact on global warming?

Why? Humans exhale CO2. No one is arguing that. What would be more interesting and enlightening is the Natural CO2 vs Manmade CO2 ratio for some given period of time. That would be interesting. No one can seem to find that.. in all the studies, articles, blogs, etc.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join