It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Scientific Report Destroys Global Warming!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

You are all over the place...lol. The 'record' amount of ice Greenland lost is part of a cycle that occurs about every 150 years. That cycle is specific to Greenland.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Hmmn, so far I have learned that we have a "bunch of maroons," here along with people who don't know how to use the quote and reply button in the upper right hand corner of any post you wish to respond to.

JK, interesting information OP. Thanks for sharing. I have long wanted to see a cost benefit analysis of the proposed global warming legislation vs. its proposed benefit to those of us who will pay for it.
edit on 4-9-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

that's a bugs bunny reference btw

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I fail to see how this post and this thread contribute to anything positive here on ATS.

You're obviously trolling people who you disagree with and for some reason, this post/thread is still up.

I don't care what you and your Republican buddies think. This world is warming up and no amount of fright-wing flaptrap will change that.

Welcome to reality.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
By the time all the warming deniers finally realize that they are wrong, it will be too late. If anything, scientists are realizing they were too CONSERVATIVE in their predictions. Global warming is accelerating beyond original predictions at an alarming rate. And the tipping point will be reached when all the arctic permafrost starts to thaw and release billions of tons of methane that is frozen inside it. Methane is a much more effective greenhouse gas than C02. Once that happens, its too late for us, there wont be any way to reverse it then (its probably already too late to be honest). I guess in a couple years when agriculture starts to collapse (actually that's already happening, as you will see shortly in food prices) and water becomes scarcer and scarcer, you will wish to God you had listened to the "tree huggers" and not the oil industry propagandists. So enjoy your gluttonous excesses while they last. Because it wont be long.

edit on 4-9-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It's nice to see that so many people didn't even bother to read the article before they started spouting "this will teach those stupid hippies" nonsense.

If you actually bother to read the article (novel idea, i know), you will see that the OP's interpretation of the study is completely inaccurate.

The scientists explicitly state that it WILL cause increased extinctions. They say this multiple times in the article. The increased biodiversity would take millions of years, and they expect increased extinctions of present-day species in the meantime.

Try, i don't know, actually reading something before you comment upon it????

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Reply to post by munkey66

Oil and gas companies DO want to keep polluting the earth. Im not interested in who owns what and the politics involed with green energy vs oil. The fact is these companies are constantly polluting the earth to harvest oil and gas. Often times there are more environmentally friendly ways to get the natural resources but it would be more expensive. So they pay off whoever to keep doing things the cheap and harmful way.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maroboduus

That's too much to ask on ATS.

There are some on here who think that this is a partisan political site, regardless of the side they're on.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Not a fan, so no I didn't know that. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Not a fan, so no I didn't know that. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I was gonna go with nincowpoops, but that takes too long to type

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
I wrote a very thorough thread with TONS of research and well cited sources and scientific journals on this subject...

You can see it in my signature. Man-made global warming has been well demonstrated as false.

The Vostok cores have raw data that you can see for yourself which shows that temperatures increase BEFORE Co2 rises. The Vostok cores go back 400,000 years, long before man, and show temperature increases lead to and PRECEED Co2 increases.

The medieval warming period also demonstrates this phenomenon before industrialized man existed.

This is why the media has been quiet is because REAL scientists did their jobs.

~Namaste

real scientists understand CO2 is only part of how humans contrubute to AGW. it's impossible to say how much human activity is contributing

do you think human activity is helping or has literally no effect ?

lemme get some popcorn first

Well, read my thread.

According to the laws of physics, Co2 does not have the capacity to retain heat, and actually has a cooling effect, and this has been demonstrated many times over by several very well known and accredited scientists and laboratories. Not only that, but the amount of Co2 that makes up our atmosphere is far too little to ever physically contribute to a temperature increase, which again, by very strict measurements, has been demonstrated. Methane, which is found in higher concentrations does, but I don't hear skeptics telling everyone not to fart.

Now... I AM NOT SAYING THAT HUMAN POLLUTION IS OK!!!

Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying...

Deforestation is a bigger contributor to global warming, and the emission of fossil fuels makes our air dirtier and worse for humans, plants and animals alike. Oil spills, landfills, natural gas emissions (methane), and many other things contribute to destroying our only planet, and I am completely opposed to all of those things and to finding solutions to those problems. But in the face of hard scientific studies, that are repeatable by most scientists, Co2 is not the culprit.

The sun's wobble, the tilt of the Earth, the proximity of the Earth to the Sun, the rising and falling of the solar system above and below the galactic plane, hell, even black top surfaces, have more of an effect on our climate than global warming folks want you to believe. Look at who the biggest advocates are for man-made global warming? Corporations and governments... so that they have a reason to tax you, because they are running out of room and reasons to do it using their existing excuses.

I'm all for keeping our planet clean. I'm also all for the scientific method.

The bottom line is that while Co2 emissions aren't a "good" thing, they don't cause an entire planet to warm. There are too many other variables that go into it. If they can't get a weather forecast for your town right most of the time, which uses a much smaller set of variables, do we really believe that they have it "nailed" for global warming predictions?

I recommend anyone here read the book "Slaying the Sky Dragon" or THIS paper that fully explains the above mentioned by a very reputable scientist. His credentials can be found HERE. It says:

the total emissivity of carbon dioxide is inversely proportional to its effective pressure and, consequently, to its density in the atmosphere. The same effect has been verified on the tables of total emissivity of carbon dioxide obtained by Hottel, Leckner and other contemporary scientists (1)(2)(3)(4). This fact confirms that carbon dioxide operates as a coolant of the atmosphere and the surface,
not as a warmer of the mentioned systems.
Carbon dioxide emitted by human activity cannot be the cause of climate change as it is incapable physically of causing a significant anomaly of the atmospheric temperature. Any assertion—involving the physics of radiative heat transfer—that carbon dioxide is a causative agent of climate change, is a deliberate pseudoscientific misrepresentation.

According to the IPCC themselves (Source: Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Climate Change 2001: The Scientific Basis, (Cambridge, UK Cambridge University Press, 2001), Figure 3.1, p. 188.)

Carbon Dioxide Source: Annual Million Metric Tons / % of Total
- Natural: 770,000 / 97.1%
- Human Made: 23,100 / 2.9%
- Total: 793,100 / 100%
- Absorption: 781,400 / 98.5%

I have exhaustively studied this and reached out to many well-respected scientists in the field, and there is no doubt in my mind that it's rock solid - Co2 released by man does not cause the Earth to get any warmer.

BUT... there are other things that do. So can we move on now?? There are other battles in the war to be fought...

~Namaste

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The fact that the OP got 28 stars for the intial post means that at least 28 people didn't actually bother to read the article.
This website is depressing sometimes...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
There is no doubt there is climate change. The question is are humans causing it, or unduly increasing natural effects to make it worse than it would be. Imo, yes. I worked in the environmental sector long enough to see how easy it is for even very minor human interference to have caustic effects on the planet. The world is a finely tuned machine. Humans throw a whole lot of unnatural wrenches into the works. Yes, I think we could have a negative impact even on our weather.

Regardless, it's your OPINION it does not exist. A report from an OIL COMPANY shatters the global warming theory?

No one knows for certain - not on either side of the fence, what is causing climate change.

I will say this though: I think it's monumentally irresponsible as humans to ignore it. Burying our heads in the sand because it "might not" be us is grossly unfair to the planet and ourselves. You say people have an agenda to say there is global warming? There is even a greater agenda for oil and gas companies.. like the one who produced your report.

Typical human behavior though - ignore it until it's too late. Smoking wasn't bad. Dumping stuff into rivers wasn't bad. Having a ton of space debris surrounding our planet isn't bad. Right? Gore was right about one thing - it's too much an inconvenience for people to admit humans might be part of the cause of this problem. So ignore it.. until we all go up in flames I guess.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

you're not even mentioning the other greenhouse gasses, esp the one commonly known to be more potent than CO2

sorry, you are seeing this politically, pretending to see it scientifically

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

lol
so when coastal towns are underwater, the fish will indeed enjoy it
lol
what a bunch of maroons

OK! You agree with me and not
syrinx high priest

“Hmmn, so far I have learned that we have a "bunch of maroons,"
MsAphrodite

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein

wittgenstein:

For the love of zeus would you please use the reply or quote button. Look at the upper right hand corner of this post. Do you see them? Use them please.

Now to answer your question, no I do not agree with you.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
“A report from an OIL COMPANY shatters the global warming theory?”
fleabit
I agree with you except that even the oil industry agrees that global warming is a fact and that humans have greatly contributed to it! Unfortunately, their members have an agenda!
“Climate change is peripheral at best to our science…. AAPG does not have credibility in that field…….and as a group we have no particular knowledge of global atmospheric geophysics.[92]
FROM
en.wikipedia.org...
“No one knows for certain - not on either side of the fence, what is causing climate change.”
Fleabit
NOPE!!! EVERY scientific organization in the WORLD agrees, humans have caused global warming.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

yes its good for animals to get bigger but the increased co2 levels are linked to a lack of nitrogen in food. thats why dinosaurs were so big they had to eat more food for more nitrogen. so we would have some problems

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Well is this Global Warming

is Just Our Earth Alone or is the Whole Solar Sytem We Earthen Humans Live in is Effective

my thought is its Our Solar system if Effective just look at Mars
isnt Mars is Warming Up and it Producing More Methane ever before let alone its Ice Caps are Shrinking

It may be the electric charged intersteller Cloud that we are soon to go through

it may be effecting Our Sun Our Sun reacting to the Cloud ..

It Proved by science that we will eventually go through this Cloud

Our solar system is traveling slowly through an interstellar cloud of gases that streamed in from our galactic neighborhood.

By Irene Klotz
Wed Feb 1, 2012 02:14 PM ET

news.discovery.com...

December 23, 2009: The solar system is passing through an interstellar cloud that physics says should not exist. In the Dec. 24th issue of Nature, a team of scientists reveal how NASA's Voyager spacecraft have solved the mystery.

Voyager Makes an Interstellar Discovery
science.nasa.gov...

Passing Into the Energy Cloud
Posted: 12/29/09 09:21 AM ET
www.huffingtonpost.com...

On Christmas Eve, 2009, the startling hypothesis that our Solar System, the Sun and all its planets, are moving into a potentially dangerous and destabilizing interstellar energy cloud, was resoundingly sustained. In their research paper, "A strong, highly-tilted interstellar magnetic field near the Solar System," published the December 24, 2009 issue of Nature, a highly respected scientific journal, M. Opher et al report on data transmitted from Voyager, the twin spacecraft that have been exploring the outer reaches of the Solar System since 1977.

It Not Only just US Humans Causing Global Warming !! we are part of the Role but not all of it ...

We may be Closer that we Think to this Cloud ...

with the Mass Death of Living things incressing its telling me magnetic field if being effective

the Mass Deaths of Animals are mostly Navigatinal Animals From Birds to Whales ..

Just Maybe The Activity of the Sun everso incressed by that intersteller Cloud found in 2009 that We will eventually will go through ..

edit on 4-9-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

you're not even mentioning the other greenhouse gasses, esp the one commonly known to be more potent than CO2

sorry, you are seeing this politically, pretending to see it scientifically

What the hell are you talking about??? Did you even read my post?

Oil spills, landfills, natural gas emissions (methane), and many other things contribute to destroying our only planet, and I am completely opposed to all of those things and to finding solutions to those problems.

Methane is the biggest one worth mentioning, and comes from landfills, which I also mentioned above.

I don't mix politics and science my friend. I leave that to people like Al Gore.

And I have done more thorough scientific analysis of this than probably any other ATS member, and wrote an entire thread dedicated to the science behind it. I completely destroyed the argument with rock-solid scientific evidence.

PLEASE... Try doing the research before making such an assertion about how I see things and trying to strawman an argument about science into a political one. Your contributions are better than that....

~Namaste

edit on 4-9-2012 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
For those saying that this report is a hoax and is based off cherry picked data by cherry picking the article.

No, that is what you did as demonstrated by this post on the first page of this thread.. I'll quote

Originally posted by okachobi

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Now, it seems that a report coming out finally realizes that warmer temperatures are actually GOOD for this planet and that it will NOT cause mass extinctions!!!!!!

Did you read the page you linked to?

"Our results seem to show that temperature improves biodiversity through time as well as across space. However, they do not suggest that current global warming is good for existing species. Increases in global diversity take millions of years, and in the meantime we expect extinctions to occur," concluded Tim Benton, of the Faculty of Biological Sciences at the University of Leeds.

So global warming is great for biodiversity over millions of years, NOT good for existing species, and extinctions are expected. Which part of this in any way "destroys" global warming?

You have not answered this direct rebuttal to your title and argument according to YOUR source.

If you continue with your argument then you're 100% agenda driven.

b

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join