It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Scientific Report Destroys Global Warming!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by longlostbrother

No doubt, it's all about filling the pockets with more priceless paper all the while the people suffer not to mention the very place we call home suffers.

Thing is, our home is going to fight back. She is not laying down for anyone to poke and prod her anymore and we see this.... It's evident!!

Oil is not something we should be taking, we need other ways!! It's like taking my blood out and expecting me to survive. It's a joke really!

I actually agree with most of this... but am less confident our home will fight back...

Fingers crossed, I guess... but... well... not hugely optimistic... I think we need to actually try and control ourselves...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
For those saying that this report is a hoax and is based off cherry picked data by cherry picking the article. It is YOU who fail at disproving theories! Typical global warming hippies, "this report is wrong because it upturns everything we believe in!!!!"

For those who "question our intellect" why not question yours? For years people have warned us that Global Warming will cause mass extinctions and while that may be true, they forgot to mention that Global Warming is not caused by humans and that species adapt. You know that other science-y thing Survival of the Fittest?

You people are really desperate because now you really have nothing left and all you can do is yell lies and scream about big oil. You are no better than the people actually questioning these things!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I've been back and forth on the whole climate issue. At first I didn't believe the scientists and officials because I thought they were pushing an agenda, but now I'm starting to not believe the skeptics because they, too, seem to be pushing an agenda.

Okay, so let's just suppose that the climate scientists are biased and present the view they believe. Climate change(not "global warming" as some skeptics like to argue over semantics) calls for decreased oil consumption and increased consumption of sustainable, low pollution energy. That seems like a pretty good thing to push for. Unless you like paying 4$ a gallon to line the pockets of some fat-cat oil companies and international supply holders. Plus, I don't think smog producing coal plants in my backyard will convince me that we are better off with our heads in the sand.

You, a skeptic, are claiming that the entire thing is bunk because of this article which claims that overall diversity increases. It also claims that

The study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, adds that this increase in biodiversity depends on the evolution of new species over millions of years. The researchers suggest that present trends of increasing temperature are unlikely to boost global biodiversity in the short term because of the long timescales necessary for new forms to evolve. "Our results seem to show that temperature improves biodiversity through time as well as across space. However, they do not suggest that current global warming is good for existing species. Increases in global diversity take millions of years, and in the meantime we expect extinctions to occur," concluded Tim Benton, of the Faculty of Biological Sciences at the University of Leeds.

I don't know about you, but I don't have millions of years to see if things will pan out. What I can do is focus on the "short term" bit and see to it that I and my family won't "go extinct."

You need to take a step back from the argument and see if the the end goals are worthwhile. Clean, abundant, domestic energy or the current energy policies.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I see no point in replying to your incoherent ramblings. But, aside from being poorly worded, your thread title implies the report would argue the fact if global warming is manmade or not.

New Scientific Report Destroys Global Warming!

I'm asking again, where in the report did you find that argument?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Global Warming? Global Colding? Who cares. The truth is people who post these kinds of threads are just trying to ignore the fact that our species is going to pollute this planet to the point where nothing can live on the surface or in the oceans any more. Stop trying to deny a mute argument and put some effort where it will make a difference that matters. Take a close look around and you will see that we are destroying the living things around us so fast that by the time the climate heats to the point where the animals can't survive, they will have long passed away from choking on our pollution.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
For those saying that this report is a hoax and is based off cherry picked data by cherry picking the article. It is YOU who fail at disproving theories! Typical global warming hippies, "this report is wrong because it upturns everything we believe in!!!!"

For those who "question our intellect" why not question yours? For years people have warned us that Global Warming will cause mass extinctions and while that may be true, they forgot to mention that Global Warming is not caused by humans and that species adapt. You know that other science-y thing Survival of the Fittest?

You people are really desperate because now you really have nothing left and all you can do is yell lies and scream about big oil. You are no better than the people actually questioning these things!

First off - The HOAX is YOUR claim that the report says that warming isn't tied to extinctions, when the report says the OPPOSITE. That's a lie, and you KNOW that. You're hoaxing people.

Second - You claim, as a fact, "Global Warming is not caused by humans" - That is the MINORITY view. The mainstream view, which the MAJORITY of SCIENTISTS hold is that humans are indeed very much responsible for global warming, to a large degree. Maybe not completely, but we're playing a large part. THAT is the accepted view. Claiming that the opposite is an obvious fact is, like the other thing, completely dishonest. Why you feel the need to repeatedly lie, I do not know.

Third - You claim that warming is somehow ok, because, "species adapt". Yes, those that don't go extinct. Talk about struggling desperately to justify your beliefs...

Fourth - The report does NOT upturn everything everyone believes... at all. It CHALLENGES one small aspect... That's all it does. Claiming otherwise is yet another lie.

Lot's of lies... pretty weak.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
In 2006 Al Gore launched a successful brainwashing campaign for a new pagan religion called Global Warming with his mainstream subliminal film, An Inconvenient Truth!

Today, there is literal silence about the topic in the scientific communities. The common explanation among liberal activists (we used to call them hippies) is that there is already 97% consensus that Global Warming real and that it is caused by humans. So why stop the conversation there? What are you going to do about it? In reality,

edit on 3-9-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

OK
first off you are starting your argument with an ad hominim attack. you are attacking and misrepresenting the issue by implying that #1 it is a "religion".. which it is not. and #2 that it is somehow "Pagan".. ??? (Do you even know what Pagan is?). You then proceed to slander Liberals and "Hippies" .

If you wish to argue that the way the Climate Change debate has been taken over by the ELITE so they can profit off of it then say so. However, you are pointing your finger at groups of people who may or may not have a consensus opinion about the environment let alone Climate change.

It may be convenient to frame this argument as another attack against "Liberals" and Al Gore but it lessens the effectiveness of anything you attempt to say further into your argument.

First off, the entire Climate Change debate has been hijacked. It is unfortunate because now it is devolved into a Right Wing Vs Left Wing fight.

The fact of the matter is that there is a lot of first hand evidence that our environment in generall is a MESS!.

This isn't just about heating up of the planet which could be causing weather and enviornmental changes. It is about what humans have done to the planet. While you may argue "the planet is fine and will survive" the BIG question is will HUMANS survive with a compromized eco system?

This summer was the hottest on record for many areas. Now, this may be because we are currently experiencing a Solar Maxium and increased Solar flare activity.

Regardless of the cause, our planets ecosystem IS changing and we humans need to be more aware of this and quit arguing about whether "Global warming " is "man made".

Is the "Global Warming" argument a construct to help create a "solution" of Cap n Trade? Cap and Trade IS a scam.. perpetuated by the Rockefellers and other elites.. yes, that so much is true.

But don't get so buried in attacking Liberals and other scapegoats!

Even Conservatives require a functioninig and healthy ecosystem in order to survive...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Nice doc. Here's the SIMPLE TRUTH.

Industrial, high production GREEN HOUSES PUMP CO2 INTO THE ENVIRONMENT TO INCREASE YIELD.

ie: Higher concentrations of CO2 increase PLANT GROWTH. DUHHHHHHH.

Why? Because ALL plants NEED CO2 to live.

So while it might be fun to assume humans are in total control of the earth the reality is we are NOT. The EARTH is. And when it needs more plant growth CO2 is increased.

We are poisoning our own selves. We support corporations and governments that make money off poisoning us. Now those same governments and corporations have presented us with a plan (carbon tax) to fix the problem. WHY would anyone trust the same organizations that are responsible for 90%+ of the poisoning going on?

When you agree to a carbon tax you are literally handing more money over to people who are going to accelerate the destruction of humanity.

The earth's weather changes. No one is doubting that. NO ONE. We can and have observed both long and short term changes in weather/climate.

I don't support FAKE solutions. I don't support fear-mongering and misinformation. The people behind the whole carbon issue are evil sick people. Go look at the UNSECO list of approved offset projects and you will get the picture. 99% exist in India and China and are owned and OPERATED BY THE SAME CORPORATIONS DESTROYING OUR ECOSYSTEM. DO THE RESEARCH!!!!!!

I have inside information on this. But the information available is MORE than adequate. When you go to the store is everything encased in plastic? Is it for you? Do you benefit? Do you agree on paying more money for more plastic? That is what carbon tax is. A Reward and excuse to pollute more for the biggest polluters.

We need international LAWS that PROHIBIT poisoning. PERIOD. Not carbon tax paid by enslaved prisoners with no choice.

People who have run away to live in the woods are going to be extinct. While they are the ones actually attempting to save the earth they are also the one's who will be demonized and forced to participate in the poisoning. It is so sick and twisted.. I am so tired of the mindless arguing. Wake up and do the research.

And this isn't meant for the OP. In general to ANYONE in denial that the promoted carbon issue and it's proposed solution is not an even more evil and sick agenda than the current criminal poisoning we are all part of right now.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
It's still going to kill off certain species that rely on an icy habitat.

I'm not going to consider this as a possibility until a credible source is produced.
edit on 3-9-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

Species die every day. they have to. There isnt enough room on the planet for every species to exist. Cold climate species have died in the past and warm climate species have died in the past. Its the circle of life.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Your forgetting something very major, also a scientific fact, that with every heat up comes a massive COOL down. So yes those species will have some years of growth that will be ultimately be stunted by the extinction from colder temps.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Tin foil hat time. EVERY reputable scientific organization in the world has issued statements that confirm that global warming is a fact and that humans have greatly contributed to it. To say that every scientific organization in the world en.wikipedia.org... www.ucsusa.org... is part of a conspiracy is ridiculous! Who is in charge of the conspiracy? Bigfoot? Not only the above but N.A.S.A , National Geographic, Scientific American are also part of the conspiracy!!! OMG!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
10,000 reports make it clear Global Warming caused by Man is indeed the case . . . and you think you find one where it isn't.

You are irrelevant to the human condition. You will be swept aside.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
In case the same old junk science arguments are brought up www.scientificamerican.com... . Whoops I forgot en.wikipedia.org... is part of the conspiracy!!!!
Then of course the Oregon petition will be brought up
en.wikipedia.org...
According to the Oregon petition if you have a B.S. degree you are a climate scientist!!! DUH!
Then of course “climategate”
www.huffingtonpost.com...
The made up charges by the illegal hackers were found to be silly. For example, when a scientist said that he found “a neat trick” , it was as suspicious as a mathematician that said,” I found a neat trick to solve this calculus problem quicker.”
YAWN! The tin foil hatters are easy to debate and win against. Humans have contributed to global warming and the entire scientific community agrees!

edit on 4-9-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
“10,000 reports make it clear Global Warming caused by Man is indeed the case . . . and you think you find one where it isn't.”
FeatherofMaat
I hope my post was clear and you are not responding to mine! I believe in science and rationality and therefore I believe that humans have contributed to global warming and it is VERY real!
www.huffingtonpost.com...
Just ask a farmer! But then again they part of the conspiracy also!!! American farmers are well known for their commie views! ( that was sarcasm for those of you that are fox “news” enthusiasts.)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'll file this next to other things assumed as fact,
yet instead DESTROYED !

1. Evolution
2. A world older than 6000 years.
3. Obama care

(Paul Ryan destroyed it in 6 minutes!)
well, if you don't mind pesky facts.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

"A great silence is spreading over the natural world even as the sound of man is becoming deafening," he writes in a new book, The Great Animal Orchestra. "Little by little the vast orchestra of life, the chorus of the natural world, is in the process of being quietened. There has been a massive decrease in the density and diversity of key vocal creatures, both large and small. The sense of desolation extends beyond mere silence. "If you listen to a damaged soundscape … the community [of life] has been altered, and organisms have been destroyed, lost their habitat or been left to re-establish their places in the spectrum. As a result, some voices are gone entirely, while others aggressively compete to establish a new place in the increasingly disjointed chorus."

Your source did say some things would go extinct.
Might want to do a modern day ark and collect 1 or 2 of everything you can find. Store the dna and clone later.
I wonder how that would go on one of those websites where people give you money for whatever.
How much would you give?(Not seriously recruiting. Just hypothetical.)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It is very obvious to everyone that global warming is in fact happening. The real problem is when Charlatan like Al Gore proclaim global warming is man made, all the while his personal carbon footprint with his multiple mansions is equal to a large factory it gets everyone freaked out. Global warming is a cyclical event.

edit on 9/4/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/4/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein
Tin foil hat time. EVERY reputable scientific organization in the world has issued statements that confirm that global warming is a fact and that humans have greatly contributed to it. To say that every scientific organization in the world en.wikipedia.org... www.ucsusa.org... is part of a conspiracy is ridiculous! Who is in charge of the conspiracy? Bigfoot? Not only the above but N.A.S.A , National Geographic, Scientific American are also part of the conspiracy!!! OMG!!!

Uninformed hat time. You do understand that all the scientific bodies referenced in the wiki article you posted fall under the centralized authority of the UNS right? As a result you shouldn't be surprised to find that large scientific bodies aren't going against the authority they fall under. What you DO find is a bunch of INDIVIDUAL scientists coming out against the broad and misleading assertions made by the UN authority.

Why are weather men telling us that weather changes are a threat to society? How about a global authority on POLLUTION? It is so idiotic. Forget what the thermometer is telling us.. Just go and look at your local rivers, ocean front, lakes.. But somehow climate change is more a threat? More a threat than the plastics, CFC's and every other known toxin being pumped into our system without a limiter.. But let the scientific authority promote fake vaccines and unsustainable farming practices that destroy diversity with GMO. We should trust them for sure.

Let's see some #ing ARRESTS! Let's see BP SHUT DOWN for destroying the GULF.

Don't talk to me about billions being spent on looking at thermometers. NO ONE CARES when the same people pumping the fear over the temperature are DESTROYING the earth and promoting GMO and fluoride SH@#$T. Allowing wars to take place.

I will pay a carbon tax when all wars are ended. Otherwise go and stick it right in your scientific authoritative ahole. Want to save the world? Changing the temperature is the last thing we need to worry about. Maybe that's why there is so much resistance?

WHO CARES ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING?? Seriously.. this is the scientific world's cause? This is what the world needs to rally around? And the solution is paying a tax? Take the dunce cap off and replace with tinfoil.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
“It is very obvious to everyone that global warming is in fact happening.”
CaptGizmo
Agreed!

“The real problem is when Charlatan like Al Gore proclaim global warming is man made, all the while his personal carbon footprint with his multiple mansions is equal to a large factory it gets everyone freaked out.”
CaptGizmo
Al Gore is not the issue. But he is spot on when it comes to global warming. You have committed en.wikipedia.org... * and I am sure many other fallacies. Here is a list en.wikipedia.org... . I am tired of teaching basic logic, find your other fallacies yourself!

“Global warming is a cyclical event.”
CaptGizmo
You state that with such conviction! WOW! You are more scientifically literate then the entire scientific community!!!
NAH!!
I’ll still agree with NASA, and all the other scientific organizations

* For example the form of your argument is like,
1. Manson tells lies.
2. Manson said that 1+1=2.
3. Therefore 1+1 does not =2!
Obviously an absurd argument. Attack the argument! Not the person! DUH! Basic logic 101!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Today, there is literal silence about the topic in the scientific communities.

See, right there you make it easy to not pay attention to what you have to say. If you honestly think there has been "silence" on the topic of Global Warming, you have not been trying to listen. I subscribe to several Scientific magazines and podcasts, its hard -not-to find something devoted to the subject.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join