It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad Confronts Man For Inappropriately Touching His Kid Fight Breaks Out

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

So youre saying if I thought your daughter was lost and i kneeled down beside her and gave her shoulder a tap to get her attention to ask her if she is lost, you would come over in a fury and try to curb stomp me?

Im pretty sure something is wrong with you.
imo.
edit on 3-9-2012 by gostr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Guys... This looks pretty fake.

First off --- why was anyone recording? They are at a taco van, not worth filming.

Second of all --- film stops at the beginning of the fight. So you want to film someone ordering food, but not a fight?

If it is indeed fake, I'd also say it was pretty bad acting too.

Either way --- the dude was giving that kid way too much attention - If I was that dad I would have definitely dealt with that better though. It was as if the fluoride kicked in and he lost the will to even defend himself from the drooling drunk guy.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Originally posted by MisterFister103

I'm not a parent

Speaks Volumes...

Ok, do you have a girlfriend? Imagine, some drunk dude you don't know putting his hands on your girlfriend, now multilply what you'd feel x1000.

I would have simply told the dude to back away, If he didn't listen I would have pushed him back. If he came forward again, I'd put him in the hospital...end of discussion.

and don't be beta...it get's you nowhere.

Nothing wrong with telling him to back away. I just have a problem with all this tough guy talk...'Anyone touches my kid for any reason I'm stomping their skull on the pavement and asking questions later.' Good thing this stuff is limited to internet talk, otherwise there'd be a lot of dead strangers anytime someone goes out to the movies.

Some drunk dude touches my girlfriend, I'd give him a good old fashioned, 'Dude?!?' That normally works and nobody gets their head smashed in.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Touching and just touching are huge differences esp when it comes to children,and the thought makes any parents eyes roll back,in the case of the video,daddy didnt handle it well,should have turned and left with his son,instead little johnny learned that dad can eat a five fingered taco salad properly from a person with less to lose..
edit on 4-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

whoa wait? that was a heinous Crime? Sheltered much? What a very SENSITIVE country we have become. If you need a shoulder to cry on well...I hope you find one.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
oh come on people...just because the government likes staging crap doesn't mean EVERYTHING is staged...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

He didn't condone anything. All he said, and I totally agree with him, is that the Father dealt with it in the wrong way. That poor kid did not seem bothered by the drunk man but was crying when he saw violence.
The Father should have moved his son away from the drunken fool that was UN-inappropriately touching him.

Having the brains to know WHEN to kick somebodies ass is far more important in order to protect your children from harm is far more important than being a hot headed, over zealous, paranoid aggressor that is going to give your son upsetting memories to grow up with.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
People are hysterical because they watch too much television and news that makes the world seem like it is full of pedophiles and murderers. The guy was being friendly. CALM DOWN. The dad spazzed because he didn't like another man talking to his son over top of the dad - it was fine until the drunk dude interrupted and spoke to him. Then the dad freaked. Then the drunk freaked. Then the whole world freaked. Because people are dumb and hysterical. Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I'm having trouble understanding why any man would agree to be the aggressor against a child for a staged video, when people will automatically jump to the "that guy is clearly a sex offender" conclusion.
To me, it didn't look like he was being creepy, that's the kind of stuff I would do to a kid to be friendly, or tease them. For starters, most paedophiles know that if they get caught, they'd get the # kicked out of them. So they wouldn't stand there, very openly, and very obviously touch a child in front of their parent.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This guy was a drunk [SNIP] and deserves to get his ass kicked after everything he did! I would not tolerate a drunk talking to my young children.

But Grrrrrr at the video ending! The Father told the guy..do not touch my kid and the guy went after the father....totally falls all on this drunken [SNIP]!!!

The father needs to sue this guy after he gets out of jail...

I thought for sure I was going to see an over zealous...attention seeking father over-reacting....no way!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

perspective..no reason to fight in front of the kid even if the guy was a bit off,better to walk away and set a good example,being a parent is a full time job..
edit on 4-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Darwin award for the people who dont understand how nature works
Time for your nature lesson !

Its okay being friendly with others
but since we dont live in a love and light world yet
you dont go touch someones child without their parent permission
when you have it and the mother/father trust you
then you can get all touchy with their kids all you want

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Not much of a fight... But y were they recording random people at a taco truck?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
This has to be staged.

I don't have children, but If I saw this sort of behaviour I would feel inclined to step in.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
This video looks faked to me, but it does bring up some interesting questions and the way society
has changed lately.

Pedophilia has been around forever, but in this age of instant information, and with the anonymity
provided by our bulging civic populations we are much more aware of the problem today. Thus we
see every potential adult as a threat.

I have been very close to pedophilia, not touched myself, but having been very close friends
during the last few years of school with a man who ended up in prison twice for molestation
of children, his own included. Having known this person intimately I can affirm that you CANNOT
TELL who is a potential threat. There were no signs, no warnings, nothing....nothing but normal
behavior.

I have a feeling this is going to turn into a long post....but....

I am one of those guys who attracts kids and dogs--always been kind of proud of that in egotistical
kind of way, but the truth is I prefer the company of children quite often over the company of adults.
Children are honest, I'm honest, adults are full of crap most of the time, and in my experience children
still ask the most interesting and important questions, and provide truthful answers as well when
queried about life and philosophy and the like. So Sarte and Nietzsche and their contrived educated
BS be damned...I'll take honesty over education any day....

So anyway....I'm at my 25 year class reunion sitting in the backyard on a lawn chair chatting with
an old friend and when a two or three year old climbs up in my lap and settles in, very happy to
be there. I'm a little uncomfortable, because I know this can be perceived and I don't know this
kid from Adam. So I push him down and he climbs back up and then another kid, I guess jealous
of the first, starts climbing in my lap from the other side, and then here comes the mom....and then
the dad....and it was tense for second, I admit.....I hate the hairy eyeball being thrown at me, but these
parents were probably justified. Using a little empathy I can see how I would have been HIGHLY suspicious..

But my friend bailed me out and explained the situation (although he thought I knew the kids) plus I knew
the dad from school, and that helped.

Anyway, from now on, I expect I'll be a tad more prudent. Though things like this have happened alot in
my life....I think it's because of my philosophy. I treat kids as equals. This thirty thousand days we spend
on this planet is nothing compared to the eternity we spend together in other incarnations--and just
because I happen to be older and more experienced in this incarnation does not make me any more, or
less, important than any child (or anyone for that matter, including the president and the pope)..
I guess showing respect to others as individuals is an attractive quality....I dunno?

I think it's sad that some people come pre-wired for sexual deviance. I don't believe we choose
what we find sexually attractive....I know I never did, if that were the case my wife wouldn't have such
a fine collection of stockings and high heels, but my kinks fall within the norms of society...

It would be a hard life to have either been born with, or acquired sexual proclivities that fall outside the
norm...and pedophilia would be the worst....that being said, there are probably many more
pedophiles walking around who never act on their impulses because they possess a healthy, workable
conscience...than those who do act for lack of self-control......and to me that is the scariest part

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Personally think the poker was just a drunken idiot if it wasn't staged.

I know people on this thread have beaten their chests over feminazi demonising men, but there's no way in hell I would ever maul someone else's child. I have my own rules, if I see a child upset or lost, I'd either ring the Police, or find someone else to help like St John Ambulance if it was say a public fayre, there is usually someone close by who has more authority on the matter.

Kids stare alot, I smile, acknowledge their parents and say hello and then mind my own business. I don't go around poking other peoples kids. If something is inappropriate for the parent, it's inappropriate. It doesn't have to be sexual to be inappropriate.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
My 2 cents:

Here we have a drunk guy trying to be "cool" with a kid and most likely failing at that, possibly making the child feel awkward
+
Over protective dad picks up on this(Cant really blame him in this day and age to be fair)
+
Some randomer filming it???

The drunk guy and father should know better, if I was to take a stance against the drunk guy I would make sure i was clear on what happened. The father was distracted to begin with...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This thread is a very good example of why I feel uneasy when some random kid tries to interact with me.

I'm a bit concerned about it as well though, what happens if a kid gets lost or is in trouble and everyone just ignores them for fear of being labeled a creepy pedo?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gmacev

You NEVER put your hands on a child that isn't yours, regardless of the intention because it spurs events like this one. I thought the dude looked weird and he seemed to be very interested in the child, to me that is insanely weird since I have never gotten into a line in my life and started talking to a small kid and then touched him. This guy is a weirdo regardless of what anyone says.
edit on 4-9-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join