It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dammit! Time travel AGAIN!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I am probably going to ask *the* most idiotic thing ever asked on these forums: Where could I go locally for physical help with this nonsense? I mean... really.

Today's episode: How to lose your g/f on a straight shot of sidewalk!

Before we begin: the stretch of sidewalk I refer to is about 1/2 mile. There are no shortcuts, twists, turns, hidey holes or ANYTHING else to 'get lost' in, or get from her work to our apt any fast- minus taking the bus. She didnt.

I started off from the apt after getting a text: "going to lunch now". The route is easy: an L shape, with a little for the crosswalk we use. It's a half hour/40 min if you dawdle a bit walk. We stayed on one side of the road (confirmed), and somehow.... we walked *past* each other, and she ended up at the house, and I ended up at the 7-11! When I say past each other- We did not see each other. At all. It's a standard sidewalk.

And now, I shall complicate things and make you, the reader, develop a splitting headache.

I had picked up a Mac power adapter from someone to test. (well, it's dead. Nothing else astonishing there). I was going to go into the store, and saw the owner driving off. I kept going. SAME stretch of sidewalk, folks. Edited: the storefront is almost ON the sidewalk. I didnt LEAVE the sidewalk.

I came back after finally meeting up with my g/f and we're both having a simultaneous cow... I go into the shop, since he came back. I asked: Did you see any of us going up/ down the sidewalk? He says: "I saw her go up the sidewalk (towards the house), and then, about 5 min later, you came up the sidewalk!" Yeah. You read that right. She was already past me, a half hour walk with me heading in her direction, and he swears she went by, and then, I shot past as well! Well, he saw me AFTER the phonecall to her, finding out she was AT THE HOUSE- and that was the "me" he saw- The "her" he saw was a half hour in the past, but was being seen in the present -head explodes-...

I am not finding this fascinating, wonderful, or even very interesting, except in a "how in the hell" way. I want a way to find out what is going on, and I want to know HOW we can be checked, and get a real workup, with data, numbers, etc. This is getting on both of our nerves! It confuses me no end, and screws up our schedule!

And anyone who has to be a smartass and denounce us because we're denying gifts or whatever- Dont even. A GIFT is something you can use and enjoy- this is more like a rabid weasel. It strikes without warning, and you cant control it, and it messes up crap!

I'm going to go sit in a corner and cry now...

edit on 31-8-2012 by wylekat because: clarify! clarify!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Basically we're facing two alternatives here.

1) You did experience a time-space slip, were somehow beamed into the 5th dimension through a hyperlfuxed shufflepuckwhatchammacallitvortex and this somehow lead to you missing your girlfriend.

2) Your girlfriend is messing with your head.

I don't need to elaborate on the statistical probabilities for 1) and 2), do I ?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Maybe your g/f is having an affair with the shopkeeper and they are messing with your head.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
option 3 she was picked up by some friend with a car (observed by noone) and does not tell you

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

1) You did experience a time-space slip, were somehow beamed into the 5th dimension through a hyperlfuxed shufflepuckwhatchammacallitvortex and this somehow lead to you missing your girlfriend.

I don't need to elaborate on the statistical probabilities for 1) and 2), do I ?

1 is a hell of a lot likelier than 2. Trust me. Because I can trust her implicitly. I HAVE been able to trust her implicitly.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Is it that time again?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm ignoring the rest of those replies- because of what I said in the last post- and while I am surely setting myself up for a chorus of "suuuuure!"s Keep in mind one thing: I live with her. well, we live together- but that's not why I phrased it like I did. TO say she's cheating on me is about as absurd as my cat suddenly standing on his hind legs and singing like Tom Jones.

Tho I'd make millions if he could do that!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think, at this point, we are all impressed that you even have a girlfriend!

Just kidding, but I don't buy the time skip idea.
edit on 31-8-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Keep in mind something: This was a real event, and while I am sure I should be scared out of my wits, I have had far worse things that ruined my life take any potential for fear right out of my tail.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

1 is a hell of a lot likelier than 2. Trust me.

No.

Just no.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
I think, at this point, we are all impressed that you even have a girlfriend!

Oh, ha ha ha. Sheesh. We are trying to take this &*$% in stride but I want a real answer to restore sanity, and just a lil boredom to our happy home.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Op, i believe you, but the way you told the story confuses me. What did the power adaptor have to do with anything? Werent you walking with your girlfriend?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Go ask her again, and watch her eyes, if they go up and to the left from you point of view then shes lying and shes been double team, possibbly trippled team.

IF

They go up and the the right from you point of view then she's telling you the truth and in that case you have either walked through a small singularity wormhole bypassing your gf or secretly she has stolen Harry Potters cloak of invisibility and put it on and passed you, maybe she did this to play a joke or maybe, just maybe she put it on so you didnt see her going for the double/ tripple team action at the other guys house

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Op, i believe you, but the way you told the story confuses me. What did the power adaptor have to do with anything? Werent you walking with your girlfriend?

The power adapter is there for why I went into the store after this nonsense. My g/f went back after work after we about broke our necks getting BACK to the 7-11 for a quick lunch. Her work is across the street from there, we had lunch, I soaked up a/c, THEN went to the store. And got even more confused after talking to them.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I dunno last time I had a girlfriend who was capable of manipulating time some how (cause things weren't adding up in my book) it turned out she was seeing someone else and our relationship didn't last much longer. Watch out dude. as a friend, be receptive to the idea that maybe she's up to something shady.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by felixjames20
Go ask her again, and watch her eyes, if they go up and to the left from you point of view then shes lying and shes been double team, possibbly trippled team.

IF

They go up and the the right from you point of view then she's telling you the truth and in that case you have either walked through a small singularity wormhole bypassing your gf or secretly she has stolen Harry Potters cloak of invisibility and put it on and passed you, maybe she did this to play a joke or maybe, just maybe she put it on so you didnt see her going for the double/ tripple team action at the other guys house

I posted about stuff like this in other posts (mine on here). And for some reason, lately, it's been happening more and more. Last tuesday, I broke a world speed record apparently for getting home on a 45 min walk. I got back in 20.... Go look them up. Yes, it's just posts- but how the hell does one measure this sort of thing? Pics are useless, and I dont carry a tricorder in my pocket. NOTHING for either of us changes outwardly most of the time. I see a flash, and then at some random moment in time later, the laws of physics hikes its leg and pees on me.
edit on 31-8-2012 by wylekat because: darned '

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I would say the most reasonable explanation is that the two of you got distracted/zoned out as you passed each other. Yes...sounds odd...but it can happen especially on a very familiar path.

You mention this shop...is this about the spot that the two of you would have crossed paths??? You looking to see if the shop is open, notice the owner drive away...she (apparently knowing the shop owner) also sees him drive away and is focused on his car. You continue to walk with your mind still occupied on your task you wanted to do in the shop...her continuing to walk with her mind occupied by watching the shop owner drive off...maybe thinking to wave???

I hear about something similar all the time with people driving. They drive the same route to work each day...they leave the house, get on the expressway...and all of a sudden they are at work and don't really "remember" much of the drive. It has happened to me...I have even almost missed my exit because I am just on auto-pilot.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The first sign of a cheating girlfriend? Time-Slip.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ascension?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join