It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

... and here I go on the unpopular side of the debate again... I think my next one will be "The sun will rise tomorrow", for which I will inevitably choose "con", lol.

If you're looking to build that kind of reputation, we can change the debate title to "Anyone who believes in Atlantis is an idiot" and you can start it
jk.

Since it's been a while since this was approved I'm going to ask for approval again and then start it tomorrow. There won't be any problem getting it done in a week.

Topic approval request:

Atlantis existed

I will be arguing the pro, and adjensen the con.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Con would be easier in my opinion...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

I have made my start with Challenge match: Okiecowboy vs. Curiousrb: Religion has had a positive impact on earth and has provided new ways of thinking and important morals

as my first debate I am sure I have made several mistakes, but hope you enjoy my effort

Thank you

and please ignore the stupid mistake regarding the quote box at the end..i didn't catch that one :-(
edit on 22-1-2013 by okiecowboy because: add

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17

... and here I go on the unpopular side of the debate again... I think my next one will be "The sun will rise tomorrow", for which I will inevitably choose "con", lol.

If you're looking to build that kind of reputation, we can change the debate title to "Anyone who believes in Atlantis is an idiot" and you can start it
jk.

Since it's been a while since this was approved I'm going to ask for approval again and then start it tomorrow. There won't be any problem getting it done in a week.

Topic approval request:

Atlantis existed

I will be arguing the pro, and adjensen the con.

I believe that the idea was that "Atlantis" was a stand-in for an advanced technological society that existed prior to Rome/Greece, right? Because I'd agree that something called "Atlantis" probably existed at some point in time, but not that it was a technologically advanced society.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Last post in the reincarnation debate.

Great debate Son...it will be interesting to see whatthe judges have to say.

This has been the second time that I've had the pleasure of debating with you and I consider it an honor. I've had a few good debates so far but I think this one was the most challenging and now that it`s over, I can say that it brought interesting questions. It's been GREAT Fun !!! Thumbs up to you for a solid discussion !!

All in the hands of the judges now.

Thanks Son...right back at ya!

I agree, this was a difficult debate. It's a topic I have never paid much attention to.

Here's to a good fight.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm getting giddy reading all of these debates.....
they're all so good....

Just a reminder in case noone saw my post earlier.. I am not a him... her would be the correct pronoun.. just to clarify that little point..

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Here was the original post that you agreed to:

1. Atlantis existed. - I would be arguing the pro, and Atlantis would serve as a blanket term for a lost civilization that rivals or exceeds our current advancement.

That is still the debate I am planning on having....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17

Here was the original post that you agreed to:

1. Atlantis existed. - I would be arguing the pro, and Atlantis would serve as a blanket term for a lost civilization that rivals or exceeds our current advancement.

That is still the debate I am planning on having....

Yep, works for me.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
My first post is up in the Religions impact on earth debate.

I'm telling you okiecowboy, you don't have an easy side to argue! But you're doing well mate, keep it up

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Judgment of the Doomsday Debate is in

And the winner is...

(A narrow margin!)

I bow to you vkey, nice win!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

WB, Patrick. I just knew you'd be back.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Druid42

The only problem I have is with the legal worldwide part of the title. There is no world regulating agency that can determine standards for all countries. Do you want to focus specifically on the US?

The only reason worldwide was included was because assisted suicide is legal in some countries. As a human right to terminate your own life, in contrast with abortion, ending an unborn life, I was pondering both aspects of birth and death, in a global environment.

However, sheepslayer may want to assume this debate. I am all for that. I have indicated to him via u2u that since it hasn't been approved yet, it's still an open topic. Anyone can take it up. It was just a debate idea I had because I was helping my 16 year old daughter on her homework, and her report was on said topic. Honestly, I have done my "homework" on the topic, and would be more than willing to let another two members take the topic fresh.

We could also focus on the US aspect. I'd prefer to hand it off to SS, but it's totally up to you.

Let me know, and either way, I'm good.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Just to jerk your chain a bit, "pics or it didn't happen!"

We are all anon here, so, maybe, just maybe.....

(Honestly, I did catch the pic you posted during the Regent fiasco. Uh huh, definitely female! Sizzling.)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Final post is up in the Federation is a Communistic Utopia? Debate is up.

It's off to the judges with you, one of my personally favorite debates.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Anyone willing to give me a debate whenever they are free?

I'm thinking either:

Does Free Will exist in modern society?

or:

Is Julian Assange's efforts in releasing classified documents morally just?

I am willing to go negative on the free will topic. As for the Assange topic...i have no qualms for going negative or positive...i would probably prefer positive on second thought for Assange though...

edit on 23-1-2013 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

edit on 23-1-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Recent debate suggestions APPROVED.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Recent debate suggestions APPROVED.

Sweet, thanks! Hopefully someone will take me up on them.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

my reply is here

you sure don't make it easy :-)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I have opened up the debate Patrick!

Social networking, negative impact on society

I may need a mod to edit the title. Either I left out the word "society" or it was cut off.

Either way will appreciate it if it is fixed!

Over to you Patrick

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join