It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Then we'll submit it for Mod Approval.

Formal request for a new debate,

"Challenge Match: Druid42 vs okiecowboy: ATS is an accurate slice of the general population."

(Side, to okie, only: The title of the new thread denotes all the parameters of our debate. Since my name is listed first, it means I am in the pro position. The second name is always the con position. The debate topic is listed after that. Sometimes, you have to refer back to the topic if your debate partner wanders. Best of luck, and honestly, the con has the strong position on this one, so do your best. It ends up to what the judges say.)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb
Debate approval request

Challenge match: okiecowboy vs curiousrb: Religion has had a positive impact on earth and has provided new ways of thinking and important morals

I will be arguing con.
okiecowboy will argue the pro side.

Feel free to put your first post up once approved, okiecowboy.

I hope this is your first debate of many to come.

Yikes, we've engaged okiecowboy at the same time.

Since he has not debated yet, let's leave it up to him to decide which to pick for his first debate, as it is only fair. Of course, the rules say you may have more than one ongoing debate at a time, but we should leave that up to okie as well.

I'll default, if necessary, and be the second. If okie thinks he can handle two at once, well, I'm not to judge a person's ability. We all had a first debate at one time or another, but two? It's up to okie. There's no hurry for either.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you both for making me feel most welcome..and if it is not against the rules, I am up for doing both, I would not agree to that if I did not think I could give both my full effort, I would not want to give either of you anything but my best effort.

I have always been an all or nothing kind of guy...so If it is okay with you both and the mods of course, I say we continue with both.
edit on 21-1-2013 by okiecowboy because: Translated from smartphone to english

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Approved.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I have one of the previous page that needs approving too Skyfloating

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

Yes, approved...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I'll have my opening up later today. We'll both have a chance to ponder our positions.

(Thanks Sky!)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

My summation is up in our debate Druid..

And a notation for everyone.. I also as well as debating this thing, made all my own artwork
It took more time to render out those scenes, than it did to type my response LOL

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Last post in the reincarnation debate.

Great debate Son...it will be interesting to see whatthe judges have to say.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Last post in the reincarnation debate.

Great debate Son...it will be interesting to see whatthe judges have to say.

This has been the second time that I've had the pleasure of debating with you and I consider it an honor. I've had a few good debates so far but I think this one was the most challenging and now that it`s over, I can say that it brought interesting questions. It's been GREAT Fun !!! Thumbs up to you for a solid discussion !!

All in the hands of the judges now.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm just curious about one thing.. who in the name of the gods thought i was a him?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a fight, anyone have a topic in mind?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It's been approved okiecowboy. Put up your first post when you're ready

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Any of these PatrickGarrow17?

Social networking sites have a negative impact on society (me, pro)

By law, developed countries should be required to provide free education at a high level for all ages of society (me. pro)

Too much importance is placed on religious beliefs and morals (me, pro)

Learning through practice is more beneficial than learning through theory (me, pro)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Hey Patrick, good to see you back

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

Curiousrb,

Social networking sites have a negative impact on society (me, pro)

I'd like to take that one, it should be a great discussion. Your topic proposals were funny to me because I agree with all of them, but on social networking I am more ambivalent. I don't use facebook but I think I can put together a good argument in favor.

I'll let you put in the official approval request and start the debate, if we are agreed.

Good luck.

ETA: Seeing that you have other debates right now, I'm also fine with waiting a few days if you want.

reply to post by adjensen

Thanks, adjensen. My hiatus away from ATS wasn't as complete as I had originally planned, I logged in almost every day but didn't post. I think I accomplished what I wanted to, though, which was untying myself from a lot of these issues so I wasn't quite as emotionally invested.

Also, when I just posted I had forgotten that we had a topic before...about Atlantis. I saw that you are taking a bit of a break from debating, but I'd be happy to get the Atlantis debate off the ground when you decide to start back up. Let me know.

edit on 1/22/2013 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
Also, when I just posted I had forgotten that we had a topic before...about Atlantis. I saw that you are taking a bit of a break from debating, but I'd be happy to get the Atlantis debate off the ground when you decide to start back up. Let me know.

Hey, if you want to fire that up, go ahead. My holiday doesn't start for about a week, so if we're done by then, should be okay.

... and here I go on the unpopular side of the debate again... I think my next one will be "The sun will rise tomorrow", for which I will inevitably choose "con", lol.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Thanks man! But it shouldn't be too hard to work between the two

Debate approval request - challenge match: curiousrb vs PatrickGarrow17: Social networking sites have a negative impact on society

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

The only problem I have is with the legal worldwide part of the title. There is no world regulating agency that can determine standards for all countries. Do you want to focus specifically on the US?

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join