learn more

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thanks man! All is really well ( I think ). My symptoms have totally gone away and I honestly have felt better, over the last 48 hours, than I have in months!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Wow. You and I are so similar in belief. Save the fact that I've also tossed out the belief in Supernatural beings as well. I guess I'm a harder skeptic than you.

Like I said, I believe in the Christian God because of personal experience, which does not (and should not) mean anything to anyone but me. However, after a lot of time studying physics and maths, I have fundamental problems with the existence of reality, as defined by those who limit themselves to methodological naturalism (which would include you, I suppose,) and prior to these personal experiences, I was most closely aligned with a Deistic viewpoint (though I rejected Deism.)

So it isn't a matter of the degree of skepticism, rather that my perspective is unique to me, and the events of my life.

And, as I recently told an atheist friend of mine, who said that he respected my approach, even if we didn't always agree, "hey, we agree on pretty much everything, apart from one topic, and on that subject, we only differ by a count of one".

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Second post is up in the Atlantis debate:

Atlantis Existed

Curiousrb, I'm putting together my reply for the social networking debate now. I prioritized this debate because Adjensen will be unavailable in a few days.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

adjensen, you do realize you have my utmost respect as a fellow member, right?

because of personal experience

prior to these personal experiences

is unique to me, and the events of my life.

I am now interested in your personal experience. I also had such a thing, yet I took the path of disbelief. Naturalism became a part of me, but I'm not bound by it. It's nice fluff.

Can we take this over to u2u? Specifically, a Reader's Digest version of the experience? I just want a bit of clarification, as you have a sound mind, yet still cling to a branch of Abrahamism. That baffles me. Quid pro Quo, in private, if you will. It shouldn't take more than a couple messages back and forth, for me to understand your position, if you choose to share.

I honestly think there is a debate brewing under this, but let's talk about it privately.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
My second response in the Atlantis Existed debate is up, and if I could get a moderator to fix the broken link in it, I would very much appreciate it! It wasn't broken in the "Preview", so I don't know what I messed up.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hey everyone, i will be getting my free will post up soon. Sorry for the delay...my state is being hammered with an Ex-Cyclone and several tornadoes...so i have to keep an eye on whats happening around me...because things could pop up anywhere...

Daas

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I will require one more judge for this debate between our esteemed debaters beezer and daaskapital. If you have the time and neutrality to judge it, please shoot me a U2U.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I also need one more judge for this debate between the wonderful vkey08 and the masterful Druid. If you have the time to read it in full and write a proper judgment, please shoot me a U2U.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Its up to you guys how quickly this stuff gets judged. I also need another one for this debate between our new debater okiecowboy and our up and coming curiousb. Shoot me a U2U if you can help.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Ooo, I would love to judge my own debate, means an easy win for me! However, I'll pass.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Boy that was quick. Great support from you guys!

The Doping Debate Ruling is IN.

Three judges were required...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
My final post is up in the ATS and the general population debate.

Best of luck, okie.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Congrats Druid
Although.. Now I can PM you the Series Bible MUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH And you can see what I see

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Well, you got me in the Doomsday Debate, so we are tied. That was a fun debate, and thanks for the topic.

Perhaps a tie-breaker?

Love the CGI work you do, the ships are awesome! Kudos!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by vkey08

Well, you got me in the Doomsday Debate, so we are tied. That was a fun debate, and thanks for the topic.

Perhaps a tie-breaker?

Love the CGI work you do, the ships are awesome! Kudos!

GIve me a few days and i'm game for a tiebreaker

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Sounds good.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The final post is up in The ATS debate

And it is ready for judging..

I would like to thank Druid42 for giving me a chance to debate him..being my second debate, it is an honor to debate with the well versed members of this forum

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
sorry double post
edit on 27-1-2013 by okiecowboy because: double post

new topics

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join