<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Oh
My
God!

My mind is being blown away by the sheer awesomeness of the Star Trek debate.

I weep for the utter beauty of this debate!

Totally...Agree

I'm hoping vkey08 will impart the episodes she was in, I'm curious......to say the least!!!

It's a trip when you can picture the scenes as they cite respective parts of episodes.

Trekognise........
edit on 21-1-2013 by Sublimecraft because: beer

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I once met Marina Sirtis at a comi-con. (Story for another day, still giddy) My brush with Trekness.

Oh, and um, sorry. But I had to press the red button.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Thank you for an awesome debate btw, adjensen. You are fun to debate!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Originally posted by beezzer
Oh
My
God!

My mind is being blown away by the sheer awesomeness of the Star Trek debate.

I weep for the utter beauty of this debate!

Totally...Agree

I'm hoping vkey08 will impart the episodes she was in, I'm curious......to say the least!!!

It's a trip when you can picture the scenes as they cite respective parts of episodes.

Trekognise........
edit on 21-1-2013 by Sublimecraft because: beer

Voyager: Relativity and Enteprise: Broken Bow

Relativity was my favorite, I wear my 29th century Uniform every halloween, (I use the Enterpise jumper for around the house stuff) and it's the reason I've spend the better part of a year working with the help of Rick Sternbach on making a really high detailed version of the USS Relativity timeship in CGI, Brandon's that was made for the show was done at a time that CG meshes needed to be light and used a lot of bumpmapping, nowadays we can make the ships high detailed and have all of that detail modeled in so that you can get up close and personal to the ship itself.

Anyhow.. Druid it's on you now.. and there's a little prize in my post for everyone

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Thank you for an awesome debate btw, adjensen. You are fun to debate!

And to you, as well

I'm going to be taking a break after the climate debate winds up -- it's about time for my winter hols in Florida, so won't be able to make timely turn ins, though I'll be able to continue to judge as needed.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

A well deserved break.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

And I thought of myself as a Star Trek fan...

I am stumped. My ex wife was taking bets that I would name my first son "Spock"... HA ! She should read that debate so far !!!!!! And no, I will NOT get in contact with her to let her know that it exists...

Just WOW !!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by vkey08

And I thought of myself as a Star Trek fan...

I am stumped. My ex wife was taking bets that I would name my first son "Spock"... HA ! She should read that debate so far !!!!!! And no, I will NOT get in contact with her to let her know that it exists...

Just WOW !!

I didn't end up doing CGI due to really wanting to, I originally started in it as stress relief, then I got the chance to have one of the Enterprise CG modelers as my teacher and well the rest is history
As for my love affair with Trek itself, it REALLY started after I met Avery Brooks at a cafe on Hollywood Blvd when I was in College.. From that point on Sisko was my Captain ...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
From that point on Sisko was my Captain ...

I've just started watching DS9 on Netflix a couple of weeks before, after going through all seasons of TNG (I'm old enough to be a "first generation rerun watcher" of TOS
) and I'm liking it more than I thought I would. When they originally aired, I watched probably 2/3 of TNG, a couple of episodes of DS9 (hated the Ferengi character, that was enough to put me off it) and nothing of Voyager and Enterprise.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Hey okiecowboy!

If you want to hit me up for a debate when you're ready I would be delighted to!

Think of a few debate topics if you like and we can go from there

Only if you're interested.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

Thank you for the welcome!
and It would be an honor to debate you...just don't expect much

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Final post is up in the Climate Change debate and we're ready for judging!

Mods, let me know if you need me to pitch in to purchase No-Doz tablets for the judges

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Not to disappoint, my second post is up in the Federation is a Communistic Utopia? Debate

Hope I clarified a few things. It was fun writing that post.

Sorry for the delay, but Mondays suck sometimes, real life sucking your attention away from what you really want to do.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I also will pitch in on the purchase of no-doz for this recent round of debates, *wink*, and I'm sure vkey will be supplying coffee for all the judges!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Not to disappoint, my second post is up in the Federation is a Communistic Utopia? Debate

those are non-canonized rumors to deceive

Classic line, lol.

Fun debate, thanks to both of you!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I can't reply much, since the debate is ongoing.

However, amongst fans, there is ST canon, and non-canonized scripts.

It was Roddenberry, Berman, non-canon, then Abrams. Then again, that's another debate in itself.

Nuff said till the debate is over.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

You're up, okie.

I have a couple of outstanding debates I haven't started, with Rising Against, and nixie_nox, but the rule of thumb is to debate who is present. Active members in this forum get bumped to the front of the line.

The topic for my challenge will be:

"ATS is an accurate slice of the general population."

You can have either position, pro or con. Decide, and we'll submit it to the Mods for approval.

If you take pro, you start the thread. If you take con, I'll open and you can refute my position. Time to get your feet wet, rookie. It's the only way to get involved!

I'll go easy. Promise.

edit on 1/21/13 by Druid42 because: judges/mods fixed

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
However, amongst fans, there is ST canon, and non-canonized scripts.

Yeah, I know, that was the root of my "classic line" comment -- for a while I made a bit of a hobby of studying different types of "canon" in fictional universes. Star Trek, Star Wars, various super-hero universes, and some real fringe stuff. My fave was Star Trek, though, in the between TOS and TNG time period -- there was some real kooky material that circulated in the mid-late 1970s.

Gads, that sounds ridiculously boring... but it was interesting at the time, lol.

Nowadays, it's pretty mainstream with online fanfic and cosplay, but in the 70s and 80s... you had to be a little goofy to be involved in it -- I often wonder what happened to fellow members of a Federation/End Times Prophecy group that I hung out with for a while in 1977. Me, I turned out normal, obviously

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I am game, and if you don't mind i would like con..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Debate approval request

Challenge match: okiecowboy vs curiousrb: Religion has had a positive impact on earth and has provided new ways of thinking and important morals

I will be arguing con.
okiecowboy will argue the pro side.

Feel free to put your first post up once approved, okiecowboy.

I hope this is your first debate of many to come.

new topics
top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join