It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Men In Black(OPs) The Aviary & UFOs

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

I have no doubt that this is exactly why media is controlled. To suck the creativity out of it and direct it to a specific purpose. Amusingly though, creativity is actually being sucked out of the controlled areas as they rely more and more on those who can follow direction and not on those who actually are creative.

I find I am less and less interested in stories, movies, music which show all the signs of being controlled and where the actors, musicians, poets, writers (and others) are being reduced to the will of ...the uncreative. Not just not creative, but those whose fundametal motivations are not creative.

It delights me when I find interesting things in other areas. I want to yell at them, "good for you! You found a way around the uncreators!" However these control freaks manage to eventually find that people are drawn to these new outlets and then co-opt them. Forcing creators to find new outlets, and the cycles are becoming shorter.

Which begs questions to our controlled narative friends like - can you stay permenantly ahead of the curve? Are you and your previous variants the REASON why people like lies? Lies are actually creative. Or by trying to control everything, are you sure you aren't just creating more creative chaos? And isn't that just ironic?
edit on 2012/9/12 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Well your comment reminds me of Dr. Chris Knight, the anthropologist -- his book Blood Relations. Hmm I got his pdf on the Origins of Society Anyway Knight was doing guerrilla theatre with a sign calling for "hanging the bankers" or something and it was clearly political satire at a protest of the world elite bankers -- part of a theatre skit in costume, etc. But not according to our overly serious people in charge! Knight was fired because of it.

Now think about it - it's not the truth that matters but the symbology of the truth. This is also Zizek's big point in all his thick Lacanian Hegelian analysis.

Anyway Knight points out Darwinian Deception as the origin of human society - - when language was created it was Darwinian Deception tied to the menstrual lunar synchronization and a female sex strike no less.

I know it sounds bizarre but you'd have to read his book and his research is taken seriously.

So now I just discovered this book The Folly of Fools: The Logic of Deceit and Self-Deception in Human Life Dawkins praises it and the readers give it low reviews so it's probably not that good.

Anyway then there's Marc Hauser's book on Morality of animals - -he states that people learn to lie by the age of four -- using "white lies" -- knowing to then cover up their lies later on. In other words again -- that what is the truth at least using speaking is very nebulous.

But you look at absurdist avant garde art -- I think Stanley Kubrick got this best with his exposing of the occult sex secret societies as mind control parasites. Then his movie the Shining is really a neoformalist critique of Western materialism posing as a fake horror movie (the standard genre he uses).

People don't pick up on this stuff -- true creativity -- the book The Creative Process got reissued recently by a University press -- it's a 1950s study of major creative thinkers relying almost totally on holistic visions from a hypnogogic state of trance -- to get a holographic downloading of visionary information. So it happens all at once like a dream downloading and then the actual making of the work - whether it's science or art -- takes a lot longer.

But the real point is that the source of creativity has to be formless or the void - it can not be symbolized - a lack -- it can be listened to or logically inferred. Yes this is what is missing in the West that none of these "master controllers" can get a hold of.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

This appears to be the lynchpin for Knight's "sex strike" theory:

In human females, the “yes”signal has been lost. Instead of being externally displayed, ovulation has evolved
in the reverse direction, to the point at which the crucial moment has become effectively  concealed. In neither  appearance nor behaviour is it possible to determine a human female’s fertile period. Far from males in her 
presence being made publicly aware of her ovulation, the human female’s special condition is kept so close a 
secret that unless she is unusually aware of her own physiology she will not even know the moment herself.

Demonstrably untrue. Women behave, look, and smell very different when at peak fertility. it is pretty easy to pick out the ovulating women in any given bar once you know what to look for. I believe you and Aeons may have had a conversation along those lines.

Anyway, the uncreative choke collar on the unmanageable creative, and why it'll never be tight enough, from member Astyanax:

What you describe is just the latest attempt by unimaginative left-brained clods to set the black art of communications and persuasion on a firm scientific basis. As always, they’re bringing into play the fashionable tools of the age – in this case, the MRI scanner and gargantuan number-crunching. As always, they will fail.

The grail they seek is not at all hard to find, for the right people. For the wrong ones, it cannot be winkled out by simple-minded technocratic means, nor, indeed, by any means. The secret of how to produce stories that affect their hearers lies in two common but unreliable human faculties: empathy and creative talent. No doubt studying such phenomena as how mirror neurons work and how the brain shapes and causally connects discrete events into a narrative will help us understand, in a klutzy, by-the-numbers way that misses the whole point, how stories work their magic on us. But it will never help us tell more persuasive stories. People with storytelling talent don’t need such help, and no amount of scientific insight or technical assistance will ever help the untalented. The golden key to successful advertising, propaganda, cultural warfare, etc., will remain what it always has been: find the right thing to say and get the right people to say it for you.

ETA: When you lie you are stealing someone's reality. With everything being so murky and subjective as it is, that sort of intimate theft is abominable. There is no such thing as a white lie. We've even evolved parallel adaptations to counter the lie, and most of those amount to the liar giving himself away (blushing, eye contact, etc.) Perhaps there's an analog for lies wrought in text.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Eidolon23 because: pants on fire?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It isn't that there aren't plenty of indications that a woman is ovulating. It is that most men are too stupid to notice them. Which is sad, since it is basic programming.

Might be an indication that they shouldn't breed.

But even better, many male dominated socieites go out of their way to ASSURE that men can't have signals to indicate fertility. Or to regulate the apperance of them so that they aren't required to think. Apparently many men are too dumb to see what is in front of them, AND they don't want to know, AND they don't want any other guys to know either just in case. Then they make up a whole pile of stories about the whole mystery of the process of the thing that they are making mysterious, adding complexity to cover up their feelings of inadequacy.

Dovetails nicely with taking a simple process and adding a ton of crap onto it and having it manifest into a thousand different cultural memes.

edit on 2012/9/13 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The real trick is producing a state of being (with accompanying physiological states) within the female that she is indeed ovulating even when she is not.

Betch y'all didn't know that wuz possible.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
The real trick is producing a state of being (with accompanying physiological states) within the female that she is indeed ovulating even when she is not.

Betch y'all didn't know that wuz possible.

Biologically, it is quite possible for males to provoke a woman to ovulate outside her normal cycle. Even in the middle of menstruating. That's a pretty interesting concept.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

You quoted Astyanax:

No doubt studying such phenomena as how mirror neurons work and how the brain shapes and causally connects discrete events into a narrative will help us understand, in a klutzy, by-the-numbers way that misses the whole point, how stories work their magic on us. But it will never help us tell more persuasive stories. People with storytelling talent don’t need such help, and no amount of scientific insight or technical assistance will ever help the untalented. The golden key to successful advertising, propaganda, cultural warfare, etc., will remain what it always has been: find the right thing to say and get the right people to say it for you.

"They" will definitely muck it up. True that. It won't ever work to the degree they hope. Unfortunately, especially in the west, the populace is softened-up and those who remain unaffected will heretofore and forevermore--as long as there is a "forevermore"--be the minority.

For example: We're all busy trying to figure out and expose conspiracy all the while staring into it's unblinking single eye and typing our souls into it's processing center.

edit on 13-9-2012 by The GUT because: Because Jacques said so!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Biologically, it is quite possible for males to provoke a woman to ovulate outside her normal cycle. Even in the middle of menstruating. That's a pretty interesting concept.

Just peppering--and salting--flirtatious dialogue can do wonders. Subtext. Triggers. I include example herein.

Speech triggers emotion, emotion triggers physiology.

edit on 13-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Eidolon23

For example: We're all busy trying to figure out and expose conspiracy all the while staring into it's unblinking single eye and typing our souls into it's processing center.

Double-edged sword: what is processed as input stands a good chance of being assimilated and changing the center.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

A story told in physiology.
I think women should stop putting out flirtation books and start putting out biologically centered advice in how to deconstruct the best methods for flirting and getting rid of guys. Do X, Y, and Z to make guy LEAVE. The PUA in reverse. Flinging poop has been out of style for a LONG time.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eidolon23
Double-edged sword: what is processed as input stands a good chance of being assimilated and changing the center.

"Knight knew what most people only vaguely suspected -- that IntelligenceAgencies engage in both the collection of valid signals (information) and the promiscuous dissemination of fake signals (disinformation). They collected the information so that they could form a fairly accurate picture of what was really going on; they spread the disinformation so that all their competitors would form grossly inaccurate pictures. They did this because they knew that whoever could find out what the hell was really going on possessed an advantage over those who were misinformed, confused and disoriented.

Robert Anton Wilson

What the Double-Cross experts had invented was the practical political applications of the Strange Loop. In logic or cybernetics, a Strange Loop is a set of propositions that, while valid at each point, is so constructed that it leads to an unresolvable paradox. The Double-Cross people drove the Germans bonkers by inventing disinformation systems that, if believed, were deceptive, but if doubted led to a second disinformation system. They enjoyed this work so much that, at times, they invented Triple Loops...

These Strange Loops functioned especially well because the Double-Cross experts had early on fed the Germans the primordial Strange Loop. "Most of your agents are working for us and feeding your Strange Loops."

Many German agents, it later turned out, had managed to collect quite a bit of accurate information about the Normandy invasion, but many others turned in equally plausible information about a fictitious Norwegian invasion; and all of them were under suspicion, anyway. German Intelligence might as well have made its decisions by tossing a coin in the air."

--Robert Anton Wilson

I wonder how deeply and effectively one might go in mucking up the system? Triple-double-reverse-child psychology-loops.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

I think women should stop putting out flirtation books and start putting out biologically centered advice in how to deconstruct the best methods for flirting and getting rid of guys. Do X, Y, and Z to make guy LEAVE. The PUA in reverse. Flinging poop has been out of style for a LONG time.

Hey! I'm reformed and semi-retired. Yeah: Down with guys!!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

I find a display of intelligence is the most effective deterrent.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Works on the riff-raff, indubitably. But when the minds are mutual...intellectual aphrodisiac commandeers the system . Doesn't get more powerful than that in my experience.

Has somewhat of the same kind of power as make-up sex, I think.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Works on the riff-raff, indubitably.

Intelligent would-be suitors? That's when I go off on my rant about developing hormonal birth control for men. Should that fail: flatulence.

It's not throwing poop, but.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join