It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Broke? It's Because You Are Lazy and Drunk

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by ABNARTY

Australia's richest person.

Yes, but she's also the WORLDS RICHEST FEMALE, surpassing Oprah by a few BILLION. (with a B)

You think she's spend 8$ on better Shampoo...

She is the worlds wealthiest woman but she looks like $1.17 on her best day.

I bet she would give all that money to charity for a better face/personality.

Obviously hates herself...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Some of your coments have been hilarious!! Nice! I have to think I'd rather be poor than have all that money and spend my whole with her horribly ugly face. Yes, I said it.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

Good jobs?

Im having trouble just finding a bad job.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't begrudge anybody their financial success, I don't like her attitude about it though, I see successful people all around me, they went to school , worked hard and earned it.

Sometimes life deals you a crappy hand and sometimes we reap what we have sown, sometimes a little of both.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by ABNARTY

I have a rich friend and he drinks and smokes.. Theres lots of poor people that dont drink or smoke too. I dont really think she much of an idea.

Yea, I work for rich people and most of them are as big of drunks as all the peeps in the hood,
true that,

Functioning alcoholics.
edit on 123131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
What horrible comments about this women's looks.

OK - true she said a horrible thing and is ugly inside but why degrade her based on her looks?

Weight, like income, is not always easily controlled. It's difficult for people who aren't overweight to understand.

Was thinking the same thing, not necessary to attack her appearance.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Delete.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I wasn't broke when I was drinking and smoking, I always seemed to have money. When I decided to try to make something of myself and build a business and a new home, that's when I became broke.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Don't worry, she has an expiry date on her. She has been meddling in Chinese affairs for far too long, would be no doubt in my mind that she's on her way out naturally

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
"We grudge no man a fortune in civil life if it is honorably obtained and well used. It is not even enough that it should have been gained without doing damage to the community. We should permit it to be gained only so long as the gaining represents benefit to the community.... The really big fortune, the swollen fortune, by the mere fact of its size, acquires qualities which differentiate it in kind as well as in degree from what is possessed by men of relatively small means. Therefore, I believe in a graduated income tax on big fortunes, and … a graduated inheritance tax on big fortunes, properly safeguarded against evasion, and increasing rapidly in amount with the size of the estate."

-Teddy Roosevelt

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think she has no room to talk and it's easy to say when you can afford all the Guinness and Malrboros you can choke down.

By the way, I don't think we should have to make her weight or appearance an issue. We all have issues of our own.

Besides, chubby girls need love too.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

It's not so much that her appearance is bad. Her attitude is horrendous which makes her appearance exponentially bad. If she had a more inclusive perspective on life and how it was she got her fortune,by fortuity of birth and social/financial inheritance, then her appearance has nothing to do with anything.

If a person chooses to have an attitude like hers it opens them up to ridicule. That is to say, everything is fair game for those with an unfair mindset.
edit on 31-8-2012 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Work is good if you are working for yourself - making your own shelter, collecting your own food. Working your butt off at McDonalds for min wage while some fatcat gets fatter... maybe not so good. It's this blind "work work work" mentality which has made wage slaves of most US citizens and which encourages the "crackhead economic policy of the west" meaning infinite expansion (which eventually becomes impossible)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I wish I was drunk. It would make being broke so much easier to bear!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

www.huffingtonpost.com...=766863

Gina Rinehart, an Australian, complains that if people want to be rich, they need to start working instead of drinking and smoking. That's all it takes.

While I agree drinking and smoking and being lazy do not help one's personal bottom line, it sure does help to start out with $70+ Million. She inherited it from her Father and she is now Australia's richest person.

It's as easy as that you do-nothings.

This is not the first thread on this subject and unfortunately won't be the last but it clearly demonstrates how out-to-lunch these people are. She has the balls to claim her hard work made her who she is. While she may work "hard", so do millions of other people who do not have the critical mass of capital to pay the bills, eat, and still snowball the rest into a vast fortune regardless of beer prices.

Obviously it must be her brilliance and tenacity to make money with other people's money. Even if she were brain dead and lost a million dollars a year, she would still die better off than 99.9% of the planet. I guess a better question is to ask how come she has not turned her inherited fortune in something even bigger than what she has? Slacker...

Her and her ilk crow about competition and survival of the fittest and how they are the strongest. I counter that is not true. They are not the smartest not the strongest but the most destructive. They want to lump themselves in with the average businessman. Nothing could be farther from the truth. If they were indeed a small businessman in a small community somewhere, they would die of poverty. After they screwed over enough folks in town, they would be ostracized. Not only by the public but by other business owners. They would probably end up being sued too. But if you have enough money to start with, court costs are just part of doing "business". Screw away. See who can keep up.

I totally agree with lazy or lack of confidence or some other excuse as to why one is broke. I have been broke, I was not lazy nor am I a/was a drunk or ever hooked on any kind of drug, legal or illegal. But yet I was broke. But "I" realized that I had my mental and physical health so "I decided" NOT to STAY BROKE...

Again, nothing wrong with broke as broke can take you by surprise, hey it happens to us all I am sure. Now if you "STAY BROKE" then yeah its the person deciding to stay that way.... imo... I do stress, if you have your mental and physical health then I truly don't see how one can be broke day after day after day after day.. Once you get fed up with that, then bam, maybe you will meet Mr/Mrs greatness which is in you...

I know it sounds harsh, but try not to confuse tolerance with compassion.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

"From the pictures, I'm guessing she could go without food for a few months."

Yeh but she can probably only maintain her monstrous physique by consuming atleast a few missing children every day! Lol
edit on 31-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Australia's richest person.

Yes, but she's also the WORLDS RICHEST FEMALE, surpassing Oprah by a few BILLION. (with a B)

You think she's spend 8$ on better Shampoo...

Or a private fitness trainer, but maybe she ate a bunch of people to get that rich...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

Maybe so.

The line between working under the supervision of your master (or your fears) and working to improve yourself and attain your dreams is a fuzzy one, I think. I don't think it can be one or the other. I think it's always going to be a little of each, with some people having more than the other.

Honestly, we all have fears and psychological vices. The drive to be better (or at least equal) versus others always follows us like a storm cloud and pushes us to do stressful, ungainly things. And to some extent, we all have masters too. Who can claim to be the master of their body? Some of the healthiest people still die of cancers or disorders or other chance illnesses. In their cases, they weren't the master because they couldn't fully control their body or their fate. If we can't claim to be the masters of our body then I think it's a stretch to say we have no masters.

But I agree with you that if somebody doesn't have their heart and soul in their work then they're not much better than a machine or robot and driving on autopilot in a shell of a body. The only way I know to fire the heart and soul is to give somebody freedom. But as I already stated, if we can't be the master of all things then we can't have perfect freedom because we can't perfectly control our fate. Dying from a disease or accident is to admit you're not your only master and are subservient to it. This means you lose some of your freedom and some of the fire in your heart and soul.

The way this universe works is it mixes things. Good and evil. White and black. Fire and ice. Hard and soft. It's a messy soup of miracles and tragedies that's hard to swallow for the faint of heart.
edit on 31-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

I disagree. If we have to stoop to ridicule her physical appearance than it only devalues the gravity of our arguments against her bad attitude and mindset.

If she was some hot chick, then physical appearance wouldn't be an issue regardless of her position.....at least not in a negative way.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join