It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men, Who Needs Them?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
As far as I know you still need sperm, can you manufacture that artificially or are women going to start testicle farms? I don't see how the male could ever be truly eliminated.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
No men?...but who would build all the big things with wheels and the tiny things with buttons?

Babies, who needs them?
edit on 30/8/2012 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
funny how fast the ones who say they dont need men come running when they see a spider or snake ...
were not obsolete yet ...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Honestly if this bothers you then the fact that they're testing turning a woman's egg into sperm SUCCESSFULLY in the laboratory would upset you even more. This research is just to prove that in a way same-sex couples can have a biological child of their own though which I have no problem with. If two united souls and lovers want a child that's really theirs, then more power to them.

Now, these options however should only go out to same sex couples in my opinion. I don't think women should be able to utilize these tactics just because they hate men. That's unacceptable and if they want children, they better shape up real fast in my opinion. I'm a woman so I'm speaking in part as an ambassador of the feminine community but also disclaim that I do not represent any and all opinions thus far.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I find this very offensive I'll have you know. Not all women are afraid of spiders or bugs. I personally embrace them and have made friends with the spiders that live in my bathroom at home. The obviously female one is named Sally and the male is named John and I greet Sally when she decides to come down on a web and dangle over the sink when I brush my teeth.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I find the article quite entertaining, its filled with so much diarrhea that its hard not to laugh. Articles like this just destroy feminism. Honesty, men and women are the same. There really isn't that much of a difference. Everything wrong a man does, a woman does too. And everything a man does well, a woman does well to. Good or evil is based solely on a person regardless of gender. This article sums up what's wrong with America.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

Personally I don't agree with you. The biggest rule in life is "NATURE always WINS". I don't believe in any genetic manipulation through unnatural means (breeding lol, best world i could think of). Doing this might, no...WILL just set us up for an even bigger problem. The more we mess with nature the more we seem to screw ourselves over big time, history speaks for itself.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The whole subject is full of disinfo and just plain bull, even if it is interesting and there is an element of actually trying and going that route just to see were it leads and just because. Getting rid of duality of human nature was on the list of things to get rid of, its up there with getting rid of nature, blowing up the moon, and even finding out what is in the sun, then blowing it up....Among other things.

But man are they clueless if they want to go there.

Not only would females go extinct without men, but they wont even be able to do the simplest tasks, really I am not even half ass'ing things, I am a quarter ass'ing things, in fact I am putting even less effort into things then that. And I can surpass all these females in just about anything, if I even bothered to care enough to even try that is. Well, anything except looking sexy or watching boring things or doing nerdy stuff, but those things don't count anyways. But so can any most other dudes out there.

Case in point.

Men are awesome and do all kinds of awesome things.

And women cant even open a pickle jar.
Took them over half an hour, I mean really?

At least she opened it after a struggle.
But still opening a jar is nowhere near as awesome as the other things men can do, which women can not.

Get schooled.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

"Dr. Greg Hampikian is a nationally known DNA expert and professor of forensic biology."

That says it all. I think that's the "broader perspective" you were looking for Slayer.

My opinion? The writer is a fruitcake. Even if he was only speculating about what the future would bring if these kinds of medical advances kept going, why put it in the New York Times? Has their op-ed section degenerated into water-cooler talk? What did he hope to gain? To get people taking about what-ifs that will never come to pass?

That article is meant for small-time water-cooler talk only. Even lesbians will tell you that men are useful. If for any other reason then to keep diversity in the human race.

Something HE doesn't even seem to understand because he wants to keep people on a technical level.

edit on 31-8-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Men please don't worry, no amount of brainwashing will ever make us women stop wanting you.

I'm not trying to offend women who had a surrogate, or invitro fertilization, but their is something fufilling about getting pregnant by a man you love and raising a family, as opposed to adopting this empty role of not having to need a man for anything.

I know some women have adopted this attitude, but they are in the minority.....there is something in nature that won't ever leave us no matter what society pushes.

I spent time in the Army, and men always tried to protect us women from everything, it was natural for them to do so.....I see men as protectors and providers, we wouldn't be far without you.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
As far as I know you still need sperm, can you manufacture that artificially or are women going to start testicle farms? I don't see how the male could ever be truly eliminated.

Let me first go on record and say that I do not wish to replace/do away with men.There is my preface.

Now,to answer your question in literal,objective and scientific/biological terms: Procreation is possible via a method which for our purposes here we'll call "oval fusion".The nucleus would be taken from one ovum and inserted/injected into another ovum and mitosis would either begin spontaneously or may be assisted hormonally and the rest of gestation would take place as any other pregnancy.
Therefore,it is POSSIBLE to procreate without sperm.Any children created by this means would be female,as women only contribute an "X" chromosome.Two X's = female.
This is not really the huge news it could be made out to be as cloning is already possible via DNA.
edit on (8/31/1212 by amrith777 because: (no reason given)

edit on (8/31/1212 by amrith777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Asherz189

I'm not into the whole child bearing thing, and being a sexual being; men are only good for one thing mostly because women don't have a man's anatomy if you catch my drift plus i dont like girls. other than that and perhaps a man to fix things,or open tough things for me they are useless.

So you don't like women, and men are useless.

Damn I hope you love yourself a lot at least, otherwise it must be lonely!

edit on 31-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by amrith777

Do you know of any cases where this has already been done, and what were the results? It sounds complex enough that I can imagine many things going wrong. But with all of the children clearly in need why go through these bizarre lab experiments when adoption is going to do the world the most good?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Damn I hope you love yourself a lot at least, otherwise it must be lonely!

edit on 31-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

Maybe she is one of Ayn Rand's disciples in which case I am sure her self serving lifestyle will prove most rewarding

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Man or Woman? I find your lack of vision disappointing. You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling!

en.wikipedia.org...

(I guess the new trending politically correct word is "Intersex".)
Ladies and gentlemen, I am afraid that we are both obsolete.

edit on 31-8-2012 by DirectDemocracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
To the OP...if that's the case then Who else will Females "USE" up???...lol

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeDBZ

But all of the men on this forum feel like somehow this article targeted them specifically. They act offended as though their whole selves have been insulted and called "useless". LOLOL. Get over yourselves.:

I was about to post the same thing.

Its amusing how many of the guys here went on about strength and uses of the male mind etc,etc but they turned into infants throwing a tantrum over a silly trivial article.

from one man to another seriously guys grow a pair or ill confiscate your man cards.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
LOL, well if the future doesn't include men, because the women don't need them, I will be living in a cave collecting all the strays.

I'll become a man hoarder!!! LOL

What a crock. I am even mad at the hubby right now, but still wouldn't get rid of him for anything.

Funnily enough that's what Mr Suspiria suggested I would do.
Cheeky blighter.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Attraction pulls, personality keeps.

Hey, that's pretty good. That's a keeper.

But really, why complicate things? Why ask yourself if you should go for looks or personality? Keep it simple and go for both. Raise the bar and keep it there. And if you feel you're not at the level of the woman you're working for, make yourself into the man who will attract a woman like that. And if the woman see's that in action.....trust me....you'll become a magnet. While you're doing that keep looking at the positive qualities in her that no one else seems to notice. Let her know that she's special AND needed. That you can have any woman you want, but you need her. Shoot for the stars buddy, so when you do connect, you'll take her to the moon and back a few times.

No matter who you end up with, there will always be someone more attractive right around the corner.

Yeah, I don't know about that. If you start seeing someone as less physically attractive over time, there's something deeper going on there. Take the steps I listed above and chances are good that the two of you will always see the beauty in each other and the love will never fade. It will last forever.

That rose will never have a thorn.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join