had killed during the night.If I had seen these spiders alive and crawling,
I would be heard screaming all across the nation.I am talking about spiders
the size of quarters with their legs curled up when dead.I would hate to see
how big they were when alive.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by chiefsmom
LOL, well if the future doesn't include men, because the women don't need them, I will be living in a cave collecting all the strays.

I'll become a man hoarder!!! LOL

What a crock. I am even mad at the hubby right now, but still wouldn't get rid of him for anything.

Funnily enough that's what Mr Suspiria suggested I would do.
Cheeky blighter.

Oooh. does this mean i could have an underground career renting myself out to non conformist women in the brave new feminist world?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
GREAT....

So far the best we can come up with is that we are bug killers and trash monitoring...

Guys, we're blowing here. Come on we can do better rationalizations for our existence than that!
edit on 30-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Men are usually funnier, you can add that to your list

I love how some guys are getting worked up about this, chill the hell out, its just an article.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
On the eighth day God created man and rested,
On the ninth day God created woman, and no one’s rested since.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

Hello again, Sure wish I could stay on ATS all the time and make replies faster. My opinion? well, I am not really good at expressing myself in words. I can think it, feel it, but when it comes to words they come out jumbled and backasswards but I'll give it a try. So there are 2 articles we are looking at. One that states the mens Y chromosone isn't as dominate as it used to be. Another where the human-made (I didn't want to say man-made) birth control pill is causing havoc on the male gene through the water system. I think the male Y is just part of evolution. The male will always remain even if hanging by a thread. Generations down the road will be reading an article stating that the male Y has surpassed the X and everyone will be wondering if woman will disappear. I really just think its part of the cycle of life. Besides the male can not be removed from the equation, it would throw the balance of life off. Yin/Yang. As for the affects of the birth control pill. I had never heard of that before and I don't think many people have. I was floored when I read it. I can see why it would affect fish, etc. with their tiny little systems. I would think anything foreign to their bodies would be devastating on them/hence, possible cause of some mass die-offs. The female hormone from birth control isn't enough to cause (changes) in the human male. It only accounts for 1% among the other crap thats in our water supply. Besides, most people in the U.S. don't drink tap water anymore. I know I don't and won't unless I absolutely had to. However, according the article it is also from cow urine and all the other animals that are injected with hormones. I don't think the pill or hormones will ever be out of production, so, to protect our health we all really need to go back to organic living, and everyone should have their own garden growing and only drink spring water or purified. Sometimes easier said than done, unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulSearching8

Hello again, Sure wish I could stay on ATS all the time and make replies faster. My opinion? well, I am not really good at expressing myself in words. I can think it, feel it, but when it comes to words they come out jumbled and backasswards but I'll give it a try. So there are 2 articles we are looking at. One that states the mens Y chromosone isn't as dominate as it used to be. Another where the human-made (I didn't want to say man-made) birth control pill is causing havoc on the male gene through the water system. I think the male Y is just part of evolution. The male will always remain even if hanging by a thread. Generations down the road will be reading an article stating that the male Y has surpassed the X and everyone will be wondering if woman will disappear. I really just think its part of the cycle of life. Besides the male can not be removed from the equation, it would throw the balance of life off. Yin/Yang. As for the affects of the birth control pill. I had never heard of that before and I don't think many people have. I was floored when I read it. I can see why it would affect fish, etc. with their tiny little systems. I would think anything foreign to their bodies would be devastating on them/hence, possible cause of some mass die-offs. The female hormone from birth control isn't enough to cause (changes) in the human male. It only accounts for 1% among the other crap thats in our water supply. Besides, most people in the U.S. don't drink tap water anymore. I know I don't and won't unless I absolutely had to. However, according the article it is also from cow urine and all the other animals that are injected with hormones. I don't think the pill or hormones will ever be out of production, so, to protect our health we all really need to go back to organic living, and everyone should have their own garden growing and only drink spring water or purified. Sometimes easier said than done, unfortunately.

DITTO!! Unfortunately people are lazy, they are not interested in organic living, in this day and age with technology people rely on it too much, too many skills are being lost as well, due to technology, hunting/gathering (going out and getting your own food, preparing it) Midwifery being one of the top skills being lost, if we where to lose all means of technology by some sort of earth disaster, EMP pulse that knocks everything out then what would we do too survive? what would expectant mothers do if no one has any midwifery skills, relying on tech too much? we would be basicaly stuffed!! I try to only drink mineral water myself as much as possible, sometimes get it from the tap, one reason being I had a kidney problem a few years ago and two, I am scared of what the flouride will do to people that they put in the drinking water......what about you? I would rather collect rain water and drink it if I was aloud to/could.

You know clown fish? they are A-sexual, where they change sex if they are in an all female enviroment, then one of them turns in to a male, i think some frogs do it as well....I wonder if the human race would eveolve to do this, if like what you say, the xy gene that makes a male is getting weaker on the y-stem? maybe thats whats happening to males, the y chromosome is getting weaker because males are going to eveolve in to A-sexual beings? Obviously this is nothing but conjecture, but its a strange old universe, where anything's possible, eh?
edit on 31-8-2012 by DARREN1976 because: additions...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by hp1229

Very very difficult to conquer whats designed by nature regardless of the progress that the scientific community has achieved.
It's not like people who are advancing said science all want to end the male gender, sex, or relationships between the genders. People seem to fear scientific advancement and make wild predictions based on it.
I know and I agree. I couldn't care less how far medical technology/science has advanced. I live my life to the fullest and just be happy with what I have (a good family).

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I believe in living life as pure and close to the basics as possible, and when I read articles like this I wonder one day will I, or my children be forced to adopt this lifestyle without our consent or approval.

Maybe its me, but usually trends are first suggested, then dumped on us....I do worry about artificially creating children. What if its because we have been experimented on, and have no other choices but to procreate artificially because men and women reproductive organs have been destroyed over the generations?

I think that it may come to this oneday....to many crazies in science and government want to mutilate us, poison us, and control us.
edit on 31-8-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)
edit on 31-8-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
A point that everyone is missing here, is that why it's:

Flowers and the bees ...

or ... an egg and a sperm ...

it's all about diversity ...

The female egg, is created at birth ... she's got an x amount of eggs, that represent the non-changing part of human existance.

The mans sperm, is created every 3 months. So the male sperm, can be mutaded ... for good and bad. But what it represents, is that life needs to be able to adopt to new environmental situations. And it is the male sperm, that represents this.

The idea that, me and my pal here can just be without women entirely. We can just take a cell from each of our bodies, and and wrap together our DNA in a stem cell... it may sound like a great idea to gay couples. I'm sure it does ... and individuals, incapable of finding a partner. It sounds good ... on paper.

How about we just incupate babies, and take stem cells from them and then we grow humans in a human growth farms.

Sounds nice heh?

Hell, while we're at it. Why don't we just remove the "gender" all together. It's after all "sex" is such a nuisance anyway. Women complain about "rape" ... we men, have this "tool" that they're afraid. It's hard and pointy, and stick them into people ... like a knife or something. Poor women ... having tosuffer this indignity.

Yeah, I know many women and men, as well. Make sex sound like some horrifying thing. It's like it's only us men who enjoy it, and it's not for pleasure but to "dominate" and "hurt". These men and women, who we can call "feminists" or just "anti-life-ists" in my book. Are so active in this insanity, that they even convince men and women who enjoy sex ... not to enjoy it, because it's a bad thing.

These arguements, that echo around in society ... is just nuts, to be honest. It's not a normal thought process. We enjoy sex, it's normal. There is nothing bad about it, that's how life works. It's tricking us, into creating new life ... and add diversity to it.

So, the general "feminist" census about taking the "fun out of the game", as the OP said. Is anti-life, and it is aimed at depriving people of their adult entertainment.

It's just insanity ... to put it bluntly. The people in question, should rather spend their time with a shrink, to get over their anti-men psychosis.

edit on 31/8/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Wonderful reply!!!!

We need to be careful what we wish for, because this WILL NOT stop with just creating children, it will be taken to far....people want to keep improving, tweaking, adjusting and totally f'ing up nature....watch them come up with a race of souless, empty vessels with some psychotic defect....lol.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I have to kill my own bugs and spiders and take out the trash now! And I have a toy to make me ooh ooh! But I miss kissing!reply to post by andy06shake

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You are really interesting to talk to. Where are you from?
I say the same thing all the time. Living in Florida/hurricanes and being without power really sucks bad, but we know that eventually it will come back on and we can survive for a little while without it. But the thought of no one having electricity for an extended amount of time, well I am sure many people would die. Its hard for people to imagine especially if they haven't been without it before. The amish got it right. They wouldn't even notice. I have great respect for the amish and their way of life.
I have arrows, guns, artisian well, stocked pond, wild animals all around me, garden fruits and veggies. I am thankful for where I live in case the SHTF, Of course that wouldn't help much if a Tsunami were to plow over Florida, I hope not.
When you were talking about the males changing gender, it reminded me of the movie Jurassic Park, where life finds a way. They used the frogs DNA to connect the missing links in the dinasaurs, not realizing that the frogs would change sexes in a single sex environment. Life in interesting. We have only just begun to understand it. I don't think we ever really will until we die. Until then, Live, Love, Laugh Alot and Don't Worry. We are only here for a short period of time anyway.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

LOL Just saw your from UK.

Also just wanted to mention that I have a friend who has his doctorate in organic and natural medicines. Years ago he threw everything away in his house went out and bought all organic. Had wicked headaches. He literally had to go back and wean himself off before he became 100 organic. Another member of my family is 100 organic, buys organic, composts, grows his own food. Awesome!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

People don't seem to surprise me anymore. The universe we live in always surprises me and keeps my mind going. Anything and everything is possible.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
hmmm, I always find these articles rather laughable. I have been reading these articles from at least the time Dolly the Sheep was born.

What is interesting, however, is when reproductive science makes leaps in the other direction, the creation of "artificial" eggs or developments in ectogenesis, for example.

Generally, you will never find articles going off the deep end suggesting that such developments will lead to the end of women that would allow, for example, two men to reproduce either a male or female child. At most you might just find a small article buried deep inside the newspapers announcing such a discovery.

Yes, there is nothing stopping mankind dispensing with women. BUT. Why should they? Most men cherish and love women. And as do most women cherish and love men.

I think people need to question not the content of such articles but to question the motivation. What is Gregg so self-loathing?!!?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I haven't felt like posting much lately but I logged in just to say this. I would miss men if they were not around.

The good ones that is. The ones who do silly things like hang towels on themselves because they can or tell you not to go in the bathroom after they've been in there or think they're dying when they have a cold.

Good men add a dimension to life that no woman can mimic. I'm looking forward to having them around for a long, long time.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well men I think this thread needs some statistical data to counter the opinions of one individual. The original sources of the studies are provided under the conclusion of the data.

www.fatherhood.org...

Father Factor in Poverty

Children in father-absent homes are almost four times more likely to be poor. In 2011, 12 percent of children in married-couple families were living in poverty, compared to 44 percent of children in mother-only families.
Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Children’s Living Arrangements and Characteristics: March 2011, Table C8. Washington D.C.: 2011.
In 2008, American poverty rates were 13.2% for the whole population and 19% for children, compared to 28.7% for female-headed households.
Source: Edin, K. & Kissane R. J. (2010). Poverty and the American family: a decade in review. Journal of Marriage and Family, 72, 460-479.

Father Factor in Emotional and Behavioral Problems

Data from three waves of the Fragile Families Study (N= 2,111) was used to examine the prevalence and effects of mothers’ relationship changes between birth and age 3 on their children’s well being. Children born to single mothers show higher levels of aggressive behavior than children born to married mothers. Living in a single-mother household is equivalent to experiencing 5.25 partnership transitions.
Source: Osborne, C., & McLanahan, S. (2007). Partnership instability and child well-being. Journal of Marriage and Family, 69, 1065-1083A study of 1,977 children age 3 and older living with a residential father or father figure found that children living with married biological parents had significantly fewer externalizing and internalizing behavioral problems than children living with at least one nonbiological parent.
Source: Hofferth, S. L. (2006). Residential father family type and child well-being: investment versus selection. Demography, 43, 53-78.

Father Factor in Maternal and Child Health

Infant mortality rates are 1.8 times higher for infants of unmarried mothers than for married mothers.
Source: Matthews, T.J., Sally C. Curtin, and Marian F. MacDorman. Infant Mortality Statistics from the 1998 Period Linked Birth/Infant Death Data Set. National Vital Statistics Reports, Vol. 48, No. 12. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, 2000.

Father Factor in Incarceration

Even after controlling for income, youths in father-absent households still had significantly higher odds of incarceration than those in mother-father families. Youths who never had a father in the household experienced the highest odds.
Source: Harper, Cynthia C. and Sara S. McLanahan. “Father Absence and Youth Incarceration.” Journal of Research on Adolescence 14 (September 2004): 369-397.
A 2002 Department of Justice survey of 7,000 inmates revealed that 39% of jail inmates lived in mother-only households. Approximately forty-six percent of jail inmates in 2002 had a previously incarcerated family member. One-fifth experienced a father in prison or jail.
Source: James, Doris J. Profile of Jail Inmates, 2002. (NCJ 201932). Bureau of Justice Statistics Special Report, Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, July 2004.

Father Factor in Childhood Obesity

The National Longitudinal Survey of Youth found that obese children are more likely to live in father-absent homes than are non-obese children.
Source: National Longitudinal Survey of Youth
In a study using a sample of 2,537 boys and 2,446 girls, researchers investigated the relationship between Body Mass Index (BMI) status at ages 4 to 5 years and mothers’ and fathers’ parenting involvement and parenting styles. The results showed that only fathers’ parenting behaviors and styles were associated with increased risks of child overweight and obesity. Mothers’ parenting behaviors and styles were not associated with a higher likelihood of children being in a higher BMI category. In the case of fathers, however, higher father control scores were correlated with lower chances of the child being in a higher BMI category. Moreover, children of fathers with permissive and disengaged parenting styles had higher odds of being in a higher BMI category.
Source: Wake, M., Nicholson, J.M., Hardy, P., & Smith, K. (2007). Preschooler obesity and parenting styles of mothers and fathers: Australian national population study, Pediatrics, 12, 1520-1527.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, I am already over my biological attraction to women at the ripe young age of 25(no, not gay) so I don't really need to worry about any of this. I am looking forward to seeing how this all plays out 10-15 years down the line, enjoy it all you suckers.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You're missing a shout out to the Grey Aliens here, for real ATS flavour.

If they are an indication, the men doing science, running banks, owning corporations, and governments instead get rid of women. Then spend a lot of energy trying to fix it.

Hopping dimensions, time traveling, kidnapping people, big floaty labs, stealing cows and other what not.

Okay, more seriously: I notice that most of the responses here are the usual women appeasing men for something a man said and did, and men blaming women for it. Because they can't really come up with why they'd want themself around as far as I can tell.

Seems about normal.

edit on 2012/9/19 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
You're missing a shout out to the Grey Aliens here, for real ATS flavour.

If they are an indication, the men doing science, running banks, owning corporations, and governments instead get rid of women. Then spend a lot of energy trying to fix it.

Hopping dimensions, time traveling, kidnapping people, big floaty labs, stealing cows and other what not.

Okay, more seriously: I notice that most of the responses here are the usual women appeasing men for something a man said and did, and men blaming women for it. Because they can't really come up with why they'd want themself around as far as I can tell.

Seems about normal.

edit on 2012/9/19 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

I think your flannels are just rubbing you the wrong way today.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
for quite sometime I have been not looking for love, but keeping my eyes open to meeting girls and so on, and I can see that the world of girls are not interested. I can see that its not a particular thing about me that they are not interested in, but that they have lost all liking and attraction towards the male gender. This is just a sad fact that we can do nothing about.

I can be specific, I think they hate us.
edit on 19-9-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join