It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men, Who Needs Them?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I just had to post this article here to get a larger perspective on this. Males, We are being replaced. Just read this....

Men, Who Needs Them?

With expanding reproductive choices, we can expect to see more women choose to reproduce without men entirely.

Now where's the fun in that?

Fortunately, the data for children raised by only females is encouraging. As the Princeton sociologist Sara S. McLanahan has shown, poverty is what hurts children, not the number or gender of parents.

Guys, we're becoming obsolete.
It goes on to describe the following....

Over the next nine months, you stole minerals from your mother’s bones and oxygen from her blood, and you received all your nutrition, energy and immune protection from her. By the time you were born your mother had contributed six to eight pounds of your weight. Then as a parting gift, she swathed you in billions of bacteria from her birth canal and groin that continue to protect your skin, digestive system and general health. In contrast, your father’s 3.3 picograms of DNA comes out to less than one pound of male contribution since the beginning of Homo sapiens 107 billion babies ago.

I honestly don't know what to say. I understand it's an opinion piece but wow.....

When I explained this to a female colleague and asked her if she thought that there was yet anything irreplaceable about men, she answered, “They’re entertaining.”

We're "Entertaining"

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hmm don't know where to start here.

I know lets invent the artificial womb and create new life without women. Who needs women any way
I guess they think they have enough of their own testosterone, some women have way too much lol.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I don't find this surprising at all really.

Us males should concentrate on creating life like sex robots that can fetch a beer, cook and clean, then the women can do what they want. Let's see which sex ends up happier!

Of course, it's only a matter of time until they all start choosing females as the sex of their child and men become extinct. I'm sure they have enough frozen sperm to do without us until they can discover a way to make synthetic sperm.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
one day...

one day all women will outweigh the men, and demand taxes from their household men in the form of SNU-SNU, if we refuse, they tie us to a tree starving us for a week, breaking toe after toe until we get on our backs with appendages in the air shaking like a beaten chihuahua.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
So it looks like I'm staying a virgin then

It will mess with kids heads not having a male role model, wouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I've had thoughts of women being superior in the Future and men are being dumbed down, in the old days it was different but maybe in the future the roles will turn around. said from a male

I hope not though.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
****FACEPALM****

Artificial insemination and artificial sex doll sandwich making chicks...

Whatever happened to good old days of sweaty palms and the nervous first kiss? You know, the days when you didn't have to text your date across from you at the table and ask her what she was going order....

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DaesDaemar

Sex robots that bring beer, now that's a great idea, if we can program them to only say yes and shut up the rest of the time except for oooh oooh, that would be fantastic.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I wouldn't worry too much Slayer, we are still needed for the important things like removing insects or general manual labour!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

That's what they'll call sex.....

Manual Labor

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I was allways lead to beleve that its 60% of the Fathers DNA and 40% of the Mothers that make up the average human child, Is this not the case? So what if the woman carrys the kid for 9 months, im the one that pays for it with my blood, sweat and tears, ie cash money £££ $$$!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Flavian

That's what they'll call sex.....

Manual Labor

Probably make us pay for it too.......oh hang on, that happens already doesn't it!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
This type of tripe builds the foundations for the mechanisms that are destroying the world and it's moral makeup. But what do I know, some consider this crap "progress".

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Oh Slayer - the irony................

Personally I hope it does not happen - I love women, they are the most beautiful and complex creatures on Earth and I learn something new about them every single day.

In any event the article is slanted and does not address the one thing stopping that from occurring - Love.

edit on 30-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Remove pic and replace with additional comment

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Even if every single woman produced children without men via technology that wouldn't mean billions of women would stop having sex with men or stop being in intimate relationships with men. Or platonic friendship for that matter.

This article is way too simplistic for my taste. Way too biologically oriented. All this talk about animal behavior and reproduction and men contributing less DNA... as if any of that encompasses the wholeness of what it means to be a 'man', and what a man might mean to a woman.

Ultimately the question is, does “mankind” really need men?

Need? Is Humankind ONLY about reproduction??

That's the insinuation there.

No, there is a lot more to life... a lot more meaning...and love between the sexes... than simply continuing the species.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Mm.. I just like men too much to agree with this. There is more to life than procreation.
I like hairy chests, and fearless spider-hunters, and brave trashtaker-outers....
And aggressive challenge, and defense,
line drawing selfishness at times,
and the smell of their sweat,
and the soft skin of their.... well you know...

I'll be cheering in the "keep the men" side!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Meh, I got married two weeks ago, I got mine in the bag, so I don't care, you pesky lot can fight over the women.....I'm making babies!

I cook, I clean, I iron, I do the laundry, I......oh........bugger.....ahhh well lads, women, you don't need them, they just need, want and nag once you put a ring on their finger

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I don`t need men either, I`m straight

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
A lot of broad generalizations about men in that article. Yes, we are all warmongers, dead beats, sperm donors, abusive, aggressive, and any other misnomer those pretty little brains of feminists can conjure up. Judging by the article, I suppose a turkey baster makes a good substitute for a man? Although, I have not heard of turkey basters that can hold a conversation, assist in raising the kids, holding a job, and paying the bills. Perhaps, the scientists can get to work on that?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
and any other misnomer those pretty little brains of feminists can conjure up. Judging by the article

The article was written by Greg Hampikian.

So pretty little male feminist brain

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join