It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men, Who Needs Them?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
If I had to live in a world full of hormonal women and no men....OH GOD THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!

I'd be rounded up as a traitor to womankind, forced into a barbie pink cell to watch TOWIE on loop until I begged for mercy, daubed in orange fake tan and forced into slave labour chatting vapid # while cutting sexually frustrated bitches cuticles.

Shoot me now......

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigcountry08
This is not true, it is a scientific fact that men are stronger than women. If you take a man who is the same weight as a women, the man will be stronger than her because the male body carries more muscle mass, and we carry more slow twitch muscle fiber where as women carry more fast twitch.

In theory. But since many men sit in offices all day, drive everywhere, and lift nothing heavier than a paperclip, then they are not automatically going to be stronger than some women. It very much depends upon what you are used to, and while a man may be able to lift a heavy object, that does not automatically mean that he has the stamina to carry it.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Tell me,why should I change the oil in my car when there are men
around to do it for me?
Slayer,we have another use for men...car maintenance!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sbc650mike

Trust me, if there was a mute button for women my husband
would want one.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Originally posted by DARREN1976
On a different note, another thing that really cracks me up with feminists, real radical ones I'm talking about here, is that they say they are equal to or better than men in all aspects, they want equal rights etc. which I have no problem with, is that when it comes to moving a wardrobe or something heavy, they get you to move and say "oh, but your a man, your stronger than me, you move it!" so much for equal rights then eh? (I apologise to any women that this may of offended, but thats just the way it is, I'm being real here)

Ever think that they may be trying to make you feel valued and useful?

Those jars though...definately need a man's hands for those, although, push comes to shove, I could always invest in a gadget that does the job just as well. But then why have long eyelashes, if not to be able to flutter them once in a blue moon when I fancy a pickled onion

Well, not from me, I suffer from that age old male ailment called " boneidle-itus!"

but no, on a serious note, I agree with you completely, I just dont like hypocritical people, male and female, so when a woman says she is as good as or better than a man, and then in the next breath use being a woman as an excuse not to get involved in manual labour, then that just smacks of usinng something to your advantage when it suits you, and vice versa, and that applies to men and women, just dont like hypocrites!! But I do believe in equal rights for all, me/women, white/asian/back, able bodied/disabled etcetera...you catch my drift dont you?
PEACE!!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
If I had to live in a world full of hormonal women and no men....OH GOD THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!

I'd be rounded up as a traitor to womankind, forced into a barbie pink cell to watch TOWIE on loop until I begged for mercy, daubed in orange fake tan and forced into slave labour chatting vapid # while cutting sexually frustrated bitches cuticles.

Shoot me now......

Suspiria, Suspiria,Suspiria!!.... are you a non-conformist my dear?
2nd
edit on 30-8-2012 by DARREN1976 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I am not sure how to link yet, but here is an interesting article on the male Y. I'll copy and paste.

Genetic Maker of Men Is Diminished but Holding Its Ground, Researchers Say

By NICHOLAS WADE

Published: February 22, 2012 81 Comments

Men, or at least male biologists, have long been alarmed that their tiny Y chromosome, once the same size as its buxom partner, the X, will continue to wither away until it simply vanishes. The male sex would then become extinct, they fear, leaving women to invent some virgin-birth method of reproduction and propagate a sexless species.

The fear is not without serious basis: The Y and X chromosomes once shared some 800 genes in common, but now, after shedding genes furiously, the Y carries just 19 of its ancestral genes, as well as the male-determining gene that is its raison d’être. So much DNA has been lost that the chromosome is a fraction of its original size.

See this link for the rest of the article: www.nytimes.com...
edit on 8-30-2012 by Springer because: Corrected infringing post

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

thats not what i said, I said a man of equal weight to a woman is stonger then the woman. I never said anything about to random individuals.

world record holders.
body weight lift weight
181 710 Jack Barnes USA 1972 AAU*
181 505 Stella Krupinski 2010 SPF USA

squat men win

181 556 Rick Weil USA 1986 APF
181 330 Beverly Francis 1999 IPF Australia

Bench press men win

these are fact nothing more nothing less

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
one day...

one day all women will outweigh the men, and demand taxes from their household men in the form of SNU-SNU, if we refuse, they tie us to a tree starving us for a week, breaking toe after toe until we get on our backs with appendages in the air shaking like a beaten chihuahua.

That sounds kinda hawt.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulSearching8
www.nytimes.com...

I am not sure how to link yet, but here is an interesting article on the male Y. I'll copy and paste.

Genetic Maker of Men Is Diminished but Holding Its Ground, Researchers Say

By NICHOLAS WADE

Published: February 22, 2012 81 Comments

Men, or at least male biologists, have long been alarmed that their tiny Y chromosome, once the same size as its buxom partner, the X, will continue to wither away until it simply vanishes. The male sex would then become extinct, they fear, leaving women to invent some virgin-birth method of reproduction and propagate a sexless species.

I remember reading a study some time ago, mentioning something similar, it was about female hormones finding their way in to the water supply, from females using the toilet, their urine, and menstruation getting in to the water, and the hormones from that not getting eradicated properly from the water when it went back in to circulation, then males consuming the water(and female hormones) and apparently it was causing problems for males,, making them sterile, mucking around with their genetics etcetera, etcetera, etcetera!! See if you can find what I'm talking about by searching google, if I can find it I will post it at a later date!!
edit on 30-8-2012 by DARREN1976 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Not enough sources and evidence to prove the case of Men becoming obsolete. Failed thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Women need men and men need women. All women want a stiff one in them and someone to make them feel special and like woman. I highly doubt one woman is going to sit there and tell another woman how special and pretty she is... women are competitive so they cannot really do that.

If it were true women do not need men and men do not need women why is it that they spend their time trying to find one another and if they do not they regret it when they are old and gray.

Just the physical contact one has with their partner is necessary to be healthy. Life has much stress and just touching and feeling your partner with a nice massage or just a hug is enough to make you feel 100% times better.

this goes for both men and women .

This study is just done by people who buy into this whole deal we are equal if not better than the other sex and have an agenda to make men feel less important and to attack their selfesteem. It is successful by a lot of the posts on here hahaha

In reality do we need any sex. You can turn this around and figure why you need women. maybe just a few in a lab to churn out babies till men can figure out how to get rid of women all together. I mean it is pretty inefficient to have pregnant women running around trying to run the world as it keeps them from fulfilling their job properly for 9months because they are pregnant. men do not suffer of that. lets just find away to reporduce an artificial womb that only creates men and a few women in case somethign goes wrong.

And if men need a "companion" there are dolls i am pretty sure you come up with some bots which can do whatever you want. women who needs them

edit on 30-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
At some point we all need a companion in life , we humans are mammels who live in herds "programmed"to reproduce.

i also believe no one should be alone , being in the mid twenties and never had a relationship or anything of that type.
imagine waking up alone always , and asking yourself what is wrong with you , how is is possible that i have succeeded in most parts of life ( well paying job , i got a house that i funded all by myself , and i am not bad looking) but still i will most likely to end up alone.
I Used to dream about meeting my dreamgirl , marry and have some kids and just enjoy live with eachother
During the years i learned that dreams are only there to be shatterred now i have zero expectations of life nor dreams anymore.
The only reason i still exist is the love for my parents who always backed me up through anything who i love more then anything in this terrible world without them i probably would have ended this living nightmare years ago.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Sad, just sad,,, anyone who draws superiority of their gender are no different from people who do the same with race. Master gender just sounds like master race. Get over your mommy/daddy issues and stop spreading your hate.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by SLAYER69

Not enough sources and evidence to prove the case of Men becoming obsolete. Failed thread.

Seems like a succesful discussion to me, emphasis on the discussion, as he wasnt trying to prove anything so....How is it a failed thread? 8 flags by the 4th page and still ongoing.
Why you gotta break balls man?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Children grown without a male figure to look up to develop complex personality problems.

Hey, if we can pass our seeds and no responsibility, hell yeah, i guess women want to go back to natural instinct..

Men spread seeds, women take care of them. Perfect!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Wow, logical fallacy alert! These Professors… Scientism is for people who watch too much TV.

Technology/science vs. YHWH is Mystery Religion plain and simple.

THB it does not matter if you believe or care about that, it still affects you as Greg has pointed out through his article.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Do I need a man? No, but I enjoy having one around.

I know I could run the household by myself if I had to. Some things might just take longer to get done. I know basic maintenance on cars, can mow the lawn, open my own jars (have a little gadget to help with ones I can't get open), grill, ect... A very good friend of mine once told me, if you can read you can do anything.

Having said all that, I don't want to do it all by myself. The emotional support given to me by my husband is priceless. Plus we managed to have a beautiful child together. We complement each others strengths and weaknesses, I have my skill set and he has his. He can't cook unless it comes out of a box with step by step instructions, I can open the frig and put together a meal with whatever I find. It would take me 8 hours to mow the lawn (HATE OUTSIDE WORK!!!) he can do it in 2.

I don't need a man, but I want mine around.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
As a single-mother all my adult life (of 2 girls now independent and on their own) I can say that the father does play a significant role in a child's life... assuming he's empathetic, responsible and mature. My daughters DID need a father, but never really had one ... AND it has affected them. He was not a good influence, did awful things, and I had to divorce him when they were very little, after a short-term (not quite) 5-year marriage.

Here's an example that illustrates what I am referring to, in regards to 'the role of the father in a child's life':
The child is climbing up to the very top of the monkey-bars at the playground and really wants to reach their goal, the top, safely, anticipating the reward of hearing the applause of both parents.

The MOM says: "Please come down -- I'm getting worried -- you're too high up there -- and it's getting chilly -- you need to put your jacket on." The DAD says: "You only have two more bars to go -- you can make it to the top -- go for it ... and then come down and put your jacket on."

Whatever children do not get from one parent, they get from the other. Discounting a man's role is unfair.

If he is irresponsible and immature, as was my ex, then the child is better off without a father who is a brainless idiot. Brainless idiots set poor examples for children whether they are male or female. We also may want to consider many kids grew up just fine being raised by 'women only' or 'men only'.

The problem starts when they are raised by a parent who is 'without empathy' ... abused or exposed to abuse and/or raised in dysfunction and/or poverty. These are often the sources of the future troubles and problems. I believe the percentage of men VS. women who are 'without-empathy-dysfunctional' is equal. THEY are the problem in today's society.

On another note, if it weren't for men we might want to consider this:
Over the past decades to currently: we wouldn't have the roads, highways, bridges and transportation infrastructure the men built, to drive the cars they designed, engineered and built, to drive to the shopping-malls that they built for us, and to live in the nice homes they also built to store all of the stuff we buy at these shopping-malls ... that they built for us.

We shouldn't discount the roles of the opposite sex. It's dividing us -- 'divide and conquer'... not good.

Women enable men to go to work by holding down the fort and caring for the home and children and many bring home a paycheck as well. And some women have played a role in construction and the infrastructure and are employed in other male-dominated jobs and fields -- I am not discounting them. Some women played a role and have helped build roads and bridges, and so on ... BUT, they are far and few between. The overwhelming majority was designed, engineered and built by men. Also, most women will not work outdoors in the extreme temperatures, while many men will ... and do.

I think it makes more sense, at least in my opinion, for us to judge a person based on their core-character -- not their gender or skin color or political or religious leaning. All of this is dividing us. When it comes to abusive or crazy irresponsible people IMO they are equally male and female.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
LOL, well if the future doesn't include men, because the women don't need them, I will be living in a cave collecting all the strays.

I'll become a man hoarder!!! LOL

What a crock. I am even mad at the hubby right now, but still wouldn't get rid of him for anything.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join