It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan's RNC Speech "Stunning for its Dishonesty," "Full of "Brazen Lies"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Please take a look at this:

Unaired And Unedited: Paul Ryan Responds To Democrats’ Charges He Lied During RNC Speech

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Deny ignorance.

sad eyed lady

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
One day people will awaken from their partisan sleep to find out both sides are the same coin.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Indigo5

Please, Indigo! Please tell me the differences in how to track income and spending from a business versus a government.

A business is designed to maximize profits and when shareholders are involved is even legally obligated to do just that. Maximize revenues, reduce expenses. A pure financial entity.

In contrast, in our American Deomracy, government is designed to provide for it's people...Justice, Safety, Security, Protection...

A government is a pooling of resources to do those things and provide those services that we can not do as individuals.

A government has no competitors, they are the ultimate monopoly.

A government's goal should never by profit.

If a government was a business...their goal would be to Maximize revenues (Taxes)...and in the case of a government which is a complete monopoly and controlled by the wealthy...those taxes that are maximized will be without exception focused on those that have the least influence in government.

A government as a business is designed to return on investment to it's investors...lobbyists, corporations...Adelson, Koch Brothers etc..

Maximize Revenues (Taxes)...Reduce Expenses (Services)...roads, bridges, education etc. THAT is government as a business...Military remains heavily funded as it is the "mergers and aquisitions" branch of the business, well in keeping with Bain Capital's approach "corporate raiders"...going in and taking over, then breaking it up and looting....and increasingly the military will serve as the new economic safety net for the middle and lower classes as the poor enlist as the only option at having food and security.

This is not some new untested model...government as a profit center...it is what the world was before the American Revolution. It is Old England and the kings and wars for gold, heavy taxes on the populace and no services or justice in return for those taxes.

It is exactly why the founding fathers rebelled...government as a business...government as a profit center...government as a monopoly where you could be hung for treason if you looked for a better choice.

American Government is a pooling of resources to do those things that we can not do as individuals....it is NOT a maximizing of revenues and a minimizing of expenses with the goal of profits.

Government should be zero sum endeavor. In bad times...debt...in good times surplus. We had good times...and GOP admins took that money and EXPANDED...WAR...Neo-Cons...democracy by invasion. It is perfectly logical in the government as a business model.

Government is a not a business and it never should be...and all of us should be scared crapless of the idea.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Maroboduus

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
That's odd. Why has it grossed over $13 Million at the box office?

- 2016 - is doing so well that it has been released to more theaters.

Obamas brother is in the movie.

-Please don't try to make a connection between how much a movie grosses and how credible and/or substantive it is. Twilight made a bajillion dollars, for god's sake, and it's completely vapid nonsense. What does box office have to do with anything?

Yes, Obama's brother is in the movie, and you can tell when the interview starts that he regrets it.
D'Souza tries to harp on the fact that Obama hasn't helped him enough, and his brother repeatedly tells D'Souza that he is fine, he doesn't need help, Obama has done enough, and repeatedly tells D'Souza to "stop it." So what is your point???
edit on 1-9-2012 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

Stop by at Box Office Mojo !

It's a hit ! - 2016 - Playing at a theater near you !

Total gross should be $20 Million by next Tuesday !

I was right ! - 2016 - Obamas America September 4, 2012 = Gross $20 Million !

Obama is doomed.

They fumbled the "Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago?" question

all weekend long.

Maryland Governor O'Malley said " No. "

- 2016 - $20 Million

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Please take a look at this:

Unaired And Unedited: Paul Ryan Responds To Democrats’ Charges He Lied During RNC Speech

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Deny ignorance.

sad eyed lady

Paul Ryan told the truth. They just don't want to hear about it.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

A movie made $20 million, therefore everything it says must be true??? Good logic.
In my limited time here, it has become glaringly obvious that you are the single most ignorant member of this website.

edit on 4-9-2012 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Paul Ryan: I Wasn't Blaming Obama For GM Plant Closure

After blaming Obama for the GM plant closing (in 2008), Ryan is now backpedaling on his claim. You lie and get caught lying, you look like a fool.

Vice-presidential nominee Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) backpedaled Monday from a claim in his Republican National Convention speech that President Barack Obama was responsible for the closure of a General Motors plant that in fact closed during the presidency of George W. Bush.

I can respect someone, even if I have a difference of opinion with them, but I HATE baldfaced liars.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Dear Blackmarketeer,

Maybe I can save you from hating, at least in this case.

Ryan never said that Obama was responsible for closing the plant. Obama said that he would keep the plant open and didn't keep that promise. As far as I can tell, that's true. The GM plant kept one line running after laying off most of their employees, then closed it in April 2009.

I just don't see "bald faced liar." Maybe somewhere else, but I don't think this one is it.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Boil down what Ryan said in his convention speech and it is: "Blame Obama for that plant closing". Now he and his PR flunkies are spinning and backtracking from that statement.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Dear Blackmarketeer,

Maybe I can save you from hating, at least in this case.

Ryan never said that Obama was responsible for closing the plant. Obama said that he would keep the plant open and didn't keep that promise. As far as I can tell, that's true.

How can that even possibly be true?

The GM plant kept one line running after laying off most of their employees, then closed it in April 2009.

As was planned from before Obama took office.

I just don't see "bald faced liar." Maybe somewhere else, but I don't think this one is it.

With respect,
Charles1952

Ryan said Obama promised to keep it open and did not keep it open even though Obama did NOT PROMISE TO KEEP IT OPEN, and it was already closed when he got in office.

Need any more clarification?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join