It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan's RNC Speech "Stunning for its Dishonesty," "Full of "Brazen Lies"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
That's odd. Why has it grossed over $13 Million at the box office?

- 2016 - is doing so well that it has been released to more theaters.

Obamas brother is in the movie.

-Please don't try to make a connection between how much a movie grosses and how credible and/or substantive it is. Twilight made a bajillion dollars, for god's sake, and it's completely vapid nonsense. What does box office have to do with anything?

Yes, Obama's brother is in the movie, and you can tell when the interview starts that he regrets it.
D'Souza tries to harp on the fact that Obama hasn't helped him enough, and his brother repeatedly tells D'Souza that he is fine, he doesn't need help, Obama has done enough, and repeatedly tells D'Souza to "stop it." So what is your point???
edit on 1-9-2012 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There's some sort of pathological need to lie at work in Ryan's brain. He can't even tell the truth about running a marathon - which he claimed to have done in less than 3 hours. Only after pundits began laughing at his claim did he finally admit - "yes I lied". Makes you wonder why he would tell such a bald-faced lie?

Paul Ryan: Marathon Time Claim Not True

Paul Ryan's campaign walked back comments the VP nominee made about running a marathon.

"I had a two hour and fifty-something" marathon, Ryan said last week an interview. "I hurt a disc in my back, so I don’t run marathons anymore."

But the Ryan campaign confirmed to Runner's World that he has only run one marathon, the 1990 Grandma’s Marathon in Duluth, Minnesota, which he finished in just over 4 hours.

The admission comes after wide speculation that Ryan had exaggerated his marathon time. Running a sub-3 hour marathon means averaging under 7 minutes per mile for the entire race, a possible but extremely impressive feat. As the New Yorker's Nicholas Thompson put it, "It’s the difference between racing and running."

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Makes you wonder why he would tell such a bald-faced lie?

Especially when it's so easy to prove he's wrong - it's like he's begging to be caught out on this stuff

Or - he honestly (:shk: ) doesn't see it as lying. He believes the things he says - at least on some level

I'm sure it's been asked - at least once or twice by now - but why didn't Romney's people see all this earlier on?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Endorra

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Indigo5

The bottom line is that he knows how a business works and how to manage money.

You don't get to be a successful consultant by giving bad advice or by not knowing the difference between what works and what fails.

You cannot run a country like you run a business. Anyone that thinks that is possible is an idiot or a liar. Romney was also not always successful and when he was, certainly is no way to run a country.

And exactly how qualified was Obama when he walked in the front door of the White House?

Obama doesn't know what he is doing. That's why he hides out on the golf course all the time

and - speed dials - Bill Clinton whenever he gets into trouble.

Obama is incompetent.

Your OPINIONS are wasted on me. You have yet to post anything true or factual so I really do not care. I cannot help but notice your pathological need to talk about Obama though. You cannot defend Paul Ryan in a thread about Paul Ryan so you attack Obama. Go right ahead. Nothing you say about Obama fixes what is wrong with Paul Ryan.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maroboduus

- 2016 - is doing so well that it has been released to more theaters.

Obamas brother is in the movie.

-Please don't try to make a connection between how much a movie grosses and how credible and/or substantive it is. Twilight made a bajillion dollars, for god's sake, and it's completely vapid nonsense. What does box office have to do with anything?

Yes, Obama's brother is in the movie, and you can tell when the interview starts that he regrets it.
D'Souza tries to harp on the fact that Obama hasn't helped him enough, and his brother repeatedly tells D'Souza that he is fine, he doesn't need help, Obama has done enough, and repeatedly tells D'Souza to "stop it." So what is your point???

Stop by at Box Office Mojo !

It's a hit ! - 2016 - Playing at a theater near you !

Total gross should be $20 Million by next Tuesday !

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

The bottom line is that he knows how a business works and how to manage money.

You don't get to be a successful consultant by giving bad advice or by not knowing the difference between what works and what fails.

You cannot run a country like you run a business. Anyone that thinks that is possible is an idiot or a liar. Romney was also not always successful and when he was, certainly is no way to run a country.

And exactly how qualified was Obama when he walked in the front door of the White House?

Obama doesn't know what he is doing. That's why he hides out on the golf course all the time

and - speed dials - Bill Clinton whenever he gets into trouble.

Obama is incompetent.

Your OPINIONS are wasted on me. You have yet to post anything true or factual so I really do not care. I cannot help but notice your pathological need to talk about Obama though. You cannot defend Paul Ryan in a thread about Paul Ryan so you attack Obama. Go right ahead. Nothing you say about Obama fixes what is wrong with Paul Ryan.

And then we have the DNC Convention next week !

Oh look! Who is that walking in the door to bail out the incompetent Obama?

It's President Bill Clinton !

------------

- Obama is doomed. -

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I repeat: what the hell does box office gross have to do with the validity of anything the movie says? NOTHING. There is no correlation between how much money it has made and the truthfulness or substance of its message.

link   

I guess you moved on from answering me, to "not getting it" on someone else's post.

link   

reply to post by Endorra

Disproving the O.P. has already been done throughout this thread if you actually take the time to read it.

I have read it and no one has disproved anything from the OP in any post anywhere in this thread.

As for the earlier comment from someone else regarding running a business versus running the government, all they did was ask questions without any answers to the differences.

You mean you do not know the answers to those questions?

Why don't you provide us with some answers regarding the differences and why that doesn't make Mitt Romney a good candidate for leadership of our country.

Give me specifics.

Other than the specifics Indigo already addressed and you are still dodging?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Has it made as much as any of Michael Moore's documentaries

20 million? When you consider tickets are around 10 bucks a pop.. well that's not actually that many people at all haha. Actually I would say that's a rather poor showing. You know what else? Romney doesn't have a chance against Obama, and I don't even like Obama. I will be giving my vote to a libertarian, but even I know that Obama is going to beat Romney. Everyone does (except you and like 3 other people on ATS). I mean, Romney is Obama made over except he gives my money to rich people instead of poor people. Also Romney is more pro gun control than Obama, and Ryan wants to take women's rights to choose (even in a case such as a girl being raped by her father - even then Ryan doesn't want an abortion).

Tell me Eurisko, how can you support forcing a woman to have a baby that was conceived when their father raped them? Please answer how you can support that? You already avoided talking to me once when I brought it up. So answer up.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SM2
And running it like a community organizer is a great alternative? If you are going to run the country, you have to at least be able to grasp basic economics, and Mr. Obama has clearly demonstrated he does not.

Your opinion is pretty wasted on me too. Mostly because it is ignorant claptrap.
I do not agree with you but since you brought nothing real to the table, who gives a crap?

Oh...because this thread is not about Obama at all, right?
Some of you have an illness.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maroboduus

I repeat: what the hell does box office gross have to do with the validity of anything the movie says? NOTHING. There is no correlation between how much money it has made and the truthfulness or substance of its message.

It's getting the word out about Obama.

Think of it as a really long political ad with an honest message.

Go watch the movie. It's playing at a theater near you.

edit on 1-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

See my above posts. Answer up, oh great discredited one.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Because that is not as impressive as you think it is.
Why isnt anyone actually trying to disprove the OP?

$13 Million is not bad for a documentary.

Check back at Box Office Mojo this time next week.

I predict it will be over $20 Million.

The American people are thirsty for the truth about Obama.

--------------
The movie reviews for - 2016 - are very revealing.

- 2016 Movie Reviews - Fandango
edit on 1-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

1. It is not actually a documentary.
2. How many people that went to see it do you think are Obama fans?
3. How many of those Obama fans raced home to write a great review about a movie blasting their hero?
4. Why isn't anyone talking about Paul Ryan's speech?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

He doesn't realize that 20,000,000 dollars in box office terms is weak. That's like 200,000 people out of 300,000,000. Also ALL of those people were already hardcore neocons. So what it amounts to is zero changes opinions. No one who supports Obama goes to see an anti Obama "doc" to have their minds changed, hell if they go at all it's for a laugh.

Eurisko isn't the sharpest though. He probably thinks that number ensures a Romney presidency.

They are deflecting away from the speech because they don't want to think about it. They really blank it out completely. What's really funny is when they go into denial mode and pretend that Ryan is A.) running for president or B.) is really helping Romney. Even though it has already been stated everywhere that neither the Ryan or the RNC helped Romney in the numbers. Actually the RNC hurt him because it turned off libertarians, indies, and ex dems permenantly.
edit on 1-9-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I guess you moved on from answering me, to "not getting it" on someone else's post.

It's all Eurisko ever does. Go through his posting history, and it's all the same. Make ridiculous, outlandish claims with no factual basis and no evidence whatsoever to support them, then completely ignore any and all evidence disproving him in order to spout more idiotic nonsense.
There is no sense in arguing with him, he has zero reading comprehension and zero self-awareness.

Disproving the O.P. has already been done throughout this thread if you actually take the time to read it.

Um....no it hasn't. What exactly has been disproven? So you're claiming that Ryan's speech wasn't full of blatant lies and misinformation???

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

And then we have the DNC Convention next week !

Oh look! Who is that walking in the door to bail out the incompetent Obama?

It's President Bill Clinton !

------------

- Obama is doomed. -

You really have no idea what the topic of this thread even is, do you?
The reason you must post so much off topic BS is because it is killing you to see Ryan falling apart so badly.
That is all I can guess.
In every Romney and Ryan thread, you only talk about Obama and sometimes Sarah Palin.
Of course, you guaranteed she would be president this go around.
You promised that would happen.

So not only can you not find the topic of a thread, you cannot seem to get a damn thing right.
$20 mil is still really really lousy for a movie.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

Dodging? You're the one dodging. You gave me absolutely no specifics and Indigo5's didn't either.

This thread has become hopeless.

There's those of us that provide facts and links and useful information, then there's those of you that want to just throw out insults and opinions with no basis or sources to back up even those opinions.

What a lame group!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That's funny, i've seen the people who disagree with you post numerous links and large amounts of evidence/information to support their views. I guess you conveniently overlooked those posts???

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Endorra

Dodging? You're the one dodging. You gave me absolutely no specifics and Indigo5's didn't either.

This thread has become hopeless.

There's those of us that provide facts and links and useful information, then there's those of you that want to just throw out insults and opinions with no basis or sources to back up even those opinions.

What a lame group!

SO I WILL ASK AGAIN...

DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND INDIGO'S POST?
THE ANSWERS TO HIS QUESTIONS ARE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.
DO YOU NOT KNOW THEM?
IS THAT THE PROBLEM?

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join