It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan's RNC Speech "Stunning for its Dishonesty," "Full of "Brazen Lies"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Maroboduus

Um, nothing of substance for me to share? You mean other than the creation of the thread, and the initial post which outlined the issue at hand?

Go back and take a look at your contributions to this thread. All you've done is throw out a bunch of insults and opinions that didn't give back one shred of substance or evidence of a Paul Ryan lie or a counter to the claims in your own O.P.

Then finally....something of substance finally comes from you on the 7th page of your thread...

Cool. I can quote dozens of prominent economists who completely disagree and think his budget plan is, at best, utter nonsense. There is no credible math to support it. It resembles the supply-side economics that Reagan attempted in 1980; the result of that was such a huge increase in the deficit that Reagan had to turn around and implement one of the largest tax increases in American history. It would greatly reduce taxes on the rich while implementing a large tax increase on the poor and middle class. It would leave tens of millions of people without health insurance. It decimates Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. It cuts spending on “education, exployment, training, and social services” by 33 percent; cuts spending on transportation (highways, air-traffic control, etc) by 25%; cuts spending on “general science and basic technology” by almost 10%. And even with all of those cuts, there is no credible math to support the fact that it would cut the deficit nearly as much as he claims.

Hopefully, Romney and Ryan will get a chance to work together directly to revamp their budget plans. At least they have ideas and they don't include or project $47 Trillion in spending over the next 10 years like Obama's 2013 budget proposal did.

As far as most of Ryan's cuts that you mentioned, most of this is being cut only to transfer responsibility from the federal government to the states, not to do away with entirely.

As for health care, it obviously needs to be reformed, but personally, I don't have any idea how anyone is going to do it and make it work. Of course, Mitt has experience in his own state's health care plan that will help him to form an experienced opinion on what works and what doesn't. So far, Mitt has seen that his own state health care plan was making the state bankrupt until he shifted some, if not most of the costs over to the federal government. I think he's starting to realize that neither a federal government or state government plan really works. Until someone addresses the bigger issues facing health care costs, we're never going to see it work no matter how you slice it up. Costs have gotten so out of control, maybe the only way to change it is for the next financial collapse to correct it. Maybe when neither the federal government or the states have the money to reimburse doctors and hospitals, the entire Medical field will start to reconsider and start over.

Frankly, I don't see how anyone can begin to get this train back on the track, but it will be interesting to watch.

Like I said earlier, we need someone with experience to slow down the bleeding and the only way that's going to happen is if we cut back. So far, Obama still doesn't appear serious about doing that.
edit on 1-9-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maroboduus

Originally posted by jimmyfromreality
Check out the movie 2016 also,,,,,,,,,,,,I can't believe you've been sound asleep for 4 years,,,,,lol,,,I'm out,,

Are you f'ing serious? That movie is a JOKE. It's just a bunch of idiotic assumptions and stupid slander with no basis in reality. Even the Obama-haters i know who have seen it said it's complete garbage.

Oh, Obama's dad, who he met ONE TIME when he was 10 years old, may have written a paper 50 years ago stating that America's foreign policy is too aggressive! Therefore, Obama MUST be trying to take down the US from the inside!!!!
Oh, some dude from Hawaii told me Hawaiians want to rebel against the lower 48 states! It must be true, and it must somehow mean that Obama hates America!!!

edit on 31-8-2012 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

That's odd. Why has it grossed over $13 Million at the box office?

- 2016 - is doing so well that it has been released to more theaters.

Obamas brother is in the movie.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Romney / Ryan will get this train back on the track. They are the dream team.

At first they will have to do some financial gymnastics but we should see very

positive results by July 4, 2013.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Indigo5

The bottom line is that he knows how a business works and how to manage money.

You don't get to be a successful consultant by giving bad advice or by not knowing the difference between what works and what fails.

You cannot run a country like you run a business. Anyone that thinks that is possible is an idiot or a liar. Romney was also not always successful and when he was, certainly is no way to run a country.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

That was a wasted statement.

Care to elaborate with details.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endorra

reply to post by Indigo5

You don't get to be a successful consultant by giving bad advice or by not knowing the difference between what works and what fails.

You cannot run a country like you run a business. Anyone that thinks that is possible is an idiot or a liar. Romney was also not always successful and when he was, certainly is no way to run a country.

And exactly how qualified was Obama when he walked in the front door of the White House?

Obama doesn't know what he is doing. That's why he hides out on the golf course all the time

and - speed dials - Bill Clinton whenever he gets into trouble.

Obama is incompetent.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Because that is not as impressive as you think it is.
Why isnt anyone actually trying to disprove the OP?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Endorra

That was a wasted statement.

Care to elaborate with details.

I see someone already did that for me in an earlier post.
You want me to repeat those details so you can respond to them this time?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

Disproving the O.P. has already been done throughout this thread if you actually take the time to read it.

As for the earlier comment from someone else regarding running a business versus running the government, all they did was ask questions without any answers to the differences.

Why don't you provide us with some answers regarding the differences and why that doesn't make Mitt Romney a good candidate for leadership of our country.

Give me specifics.

SM2

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

And running it like a community organizer is a great alternative? If you are going to run the country, you have to at least be able to grasp basic economics, and Mr. Obama has clearly demonstrated he does not.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Because that is not as impressive as you think it is.
Why isnt anyone actually trying to disprove the OP?

$13 Million is not bad for a documentary.

Check back at Box Office Mojo this time next week.

I predict it will be over $20 Million.

The American people are thirsty for the truth about Obama.

--------------
The movie reviews for - 2016 - are very revealing.

- 2016 Movie Reviews - Fandango
edit on 1-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

He can't bash the guy for not supporting something he supported, no matter what the reason he personally couldn't go for it. He said it with the implication that this was something he should have done something with, maybe Obama felt the same way that Ryan did based on other parts of it.

Are you incapable of understanding that Ryan is implying he would have done something differently when in fact he would have not.
I don't support Obama, but Ryan is a clown, everyone saw through his speec that didn't matter anyway because he's not running for president. He's just a hype man that doesn't do very well at bashing Obama.
edit on 1-9-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

He can't bash the guy for not supporting something he supported, no matter what the reason he personally couldn't go for it. He said it with the implication that this was something he should have done something with, maybe Obama felt the same way that Ryan did based on other parts of it.

Are you incapable of understanding that Ryan is implying he would have done something differently when in fact he would have not.
I don't support Obama, but Ryan is a clown, everyone saw through his speec that didn't matter anyway because he's not running for president. He's just a hype man that doesn't do very well at bashing Obama.

Ryan is a clown?

Paul Ryan is the smartest guy in congress. Don't believe me? Just ask any democrat.

Paul Ryan knows all the numbers forwards and backwards.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You really think that?
Maybe the only guy you know in congress, but certainly not the smartest guy.

There are many people, many many times smarter than Paul Ryan in Congress. The first and easiest that comes to mind, that also makes your statement absolutely, downright ridiculous, is Ron Paul.

Ron Paul would destroy Paul Ryan and Romney BOTH in a debate, on.. practically anything political (and likely more).

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

When I stop talking.. don't assume that I have no answer. I always have an answer. Take my reason at face value. If I saw it's because you are incapable of getting it, that's the reason.

You're explanation is garbage, it doesn't matter. Ryan makes implications in his statement that he would have done something with this committees findings, in reality he voted it all down. So what if the other guy did the same thing? It leaves no room to talk.

Also.. what the hell does Ryan's plan matter? He's not running for president and if you think the people that paid for Romney's campaign don't come first you are clowning yourself like every other GOP supporter here.
Ron Paul was the only reasonable place to cast your vote. Still is in states he registers, in states he doesn't it's Gary Johnson.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You really think that?
Maybe the only guy you know in congress, but certainly not the smartest guy.

Ask any republican or any democrat.

Ask democrat Erskine Bowles. You really stepped in it today GogoVic.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Stepped in it? In what way? Why should I care what that guy has to say.
You really think that Paul Ryan is smarter when it comes to politics, than Congressman Ron Paul? Now Paul Ryan is making a clown out of you as well.

Do you even know what you are talking about half the time? I stepped in it today? What does that mean? Oh wait, you are one of those people that doesn't pay attention and thinks I am a democrat because I call out Romney and Ryan for the complete idiots they are! That's why you think I would give a damn what a democrat has to say. Know Obama is just as much of an idiot as Romney. I am a registered republican.

So because some democrat kissed Ryan's ass, that makes Ryan the smartest man in congress? That doesn't mean anything.

Look, you can believe everything everyone tells you, or you can go out and do some research and learn some things on your own.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Stepped in it? In what way? Why should I care what that guy has to say.
You really think that Paul Ryan is smarter when it comes to politics, than Congressman Ron Paul? Now Paul Ryan is making a clown out of you as well.

Do you even know what you are talking about half the time? I stepped in it today? What does that mean? Oh wait, you are one of those people that doesn't pay attention and thinks I am a democrat because I call out Romney and Ryan for the complete idiots they are! That's why you think I would give a damn what a democrat has to say. Know Obama is just as much of an idiot as Romney. I am a registered republican.

Did you listen to the video?

You have just lost ALL credibility on this thread.

Turn off the computer and go for a long walk to clear your head.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

No. I didn't watch the video, because I don't care. I read the same article in another thread.

By the way, someone who never had any credibility in this thread isn't exactly the most qualified to tell when someone else has lost all credibility.

So tell me, oh brilliant one, why have I lost all credibility? For calling out a bunch of blind GOP line towing clowns that think Paul Ryan's plan means squat? That are supporting a liberal anti constitution, pro gun control, pro socialized medicine, flip flopping hack?

Why have I lost all credibility? Because you are calling Paul Ryan the smartest man in congress? Paul Ryan who supports MAKING THE UNCONSTITUTIONAL PATRIOT ACT PERMANENT? Paul Ryan WHO WOULD FORCE A GIRL TO GIVE BIRTH TO A BABY CONCIEVED AFTER BEING RAPED..BY HER FATHER OR ANYONE ELSE?

Yeah.. YOU have no idea what you are talking about. My credibility remains intact. You however have never seen any. You are a neocon.. which is just a big liberal pretending to be a conservative. You guys are responsible for the death of this republic by way of not caring enough to actually educate yourself and detect a lie when you're being sold one.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Ok. After I watched your video I see that I was right, you are clueless and you just wanted to say I had lost all credibility even though that is baseless. Honestly the video just said the same thing as an article I had already read in another thread. It doesn't lessen anything else I said, it all still stands true.

So.. hey, woah, guy you just lost all credibility in this thread. You should take a walk outside, or read about ten years worth of books, listen to common sense for beginners suggestive sleep therapy, get a personal tutor, and also, emoticons

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join